What are the habits of people around you which are very irritating?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Sundeep Kataria profile image64
    Sundeep Katariaposted 10 years ago

What are the habits of people around you which are very irritating?

2. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

The really irritating habit is not being in the moment. We even have this notion of "multitasking". What talking on the phone while driving 70 mph with a child in the car is not a good idea?
    It is a danged anal compulsive habit to be "too busy".
    Here in the US we like to debate whether or not it is OK to say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. Well I got news for millions of people. If you just shut your mouth and be in the moment and speak to a person who you are truly engaging --- you do not need to even think about what to say.

So this habit of being someplace else is a little bothersome. hihihi

3. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

My teenage son, as much as I love him, is the only one in our family with a booming voice.  I love his enthusiasm for life believe me, but I wish he could take it down a notch sometimes wink.  We've discussed it with him and hopefully he'll outgrow it. 

My neighbors - they are all OCD about lawn mowing and I mean truly obsessed.  3 days ago right before an ice storm, in December mind you, two of them were outside mowing.  Seriously? Nothing is growing again until Spring so it's completely nonsensical, but they do it anyway - almost year round.  It was comical the first several years we lived here, now we find it irritating.  In the summer two of them mow every single day some weeks - seriously.

Sundeep Katariaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Very Interesting Christin Sander. Thanks for answering this question.

2. IDONO profile image61
      IDONOposted 10 years agoin reply to this

ChristinS. Look at the bright side. I used to have a neighbor that wouldn't cut his until we complained because we couldn't sit outside because the mosquitos were so bad.

3. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol IDONO my first thought "the grass is always greener" I wouldn't like that either, it does draw mosquitoes, but I also find the noise from constant mowing distracting while trying to work. smile

4. fpherj48 profile image59
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Sundeep......Each & every one of us, have at least ONE habit that will annoy someone at some point.  This cannot be avoided.......human nature is reality.  I am not easily irritated by much of anything, unless it becomes clear that something is damaging or dangerous to others.
    Should an occasion arise, that particular habits of "people around me," become seriously irritating......I like to keep it simple.  I "simply" REMOVE MYSELF FROM BEING AROUND THEM.

Sundeep Katariaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Paula....thanks for a good answer and a simple and easy solution.

5. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

I find that everyone I know has at least one irritating habit. My husband has many. The biggest one is fidgeting and snapping his fingers. My neighbors leave music on in their house at all times. My sister always puts down her phone, and its all if a sudden lost. This goes on and on. I now we all have them. Some can be controlled others not. I know I have some that irritate people.

6. loveofnight profile image74
    loveofnightposted 10 years ago

I hate it when my friend spits out of the window when he is driving or when someone cuts me off when I am talking.

7. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 10 years ago

Co-workers who mutter things under their breath.  It is so annoying and I think people should just say it out loud and get it over worth.  It's like a child stomping away because he/she was reprimanded.

8. LandmarkWealth profile image66
    LandmarkWealthposted 10 years ago

How about being glued to an electronic device.  Seems like everybody has this habit these days.  Can anyone carry on a conversation for more than 2 minutes without checking their I-phone or I-pad or some other gadget.   Technology is a wonderful thing.  But people have no people skills anymore.  I am actually limiting the amount of time my kids use electronic devices.  I want them playing in the backyard with the neighbors like normal kids.  People need to rediscover how to communicate with the person in front of them.

Funny...that I am typing this on a computer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)