Why do people from one religion try to convert people from other religions ?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. ipoprsmurff profile image57
    ipoprsmurffposted 10 years ago

Why do people from one religion try to convert people from other religions ?

2. Raina Evink profile image61
    Raina Evinkposted 10 years ago

There are many different kinds of people who try to convert others. Some want to force you and shove it down your throat while other just want to enlighten. I think that most people aren't religious nuts, but they only want to give other people knowledge to open their eyes to different options. There are a few crazies who want to control what others think and assume that people who think differently are stupid, but I think those people are few and far between.

3. keegstraa profile image61
    keegstraaposted 10 years ago

Just like anything else, people believe they know best. And everyone does it. I know I do. I just want people to try things the way I do them, maybe they'll like them. Maybe they'll be more efficient. I know for a fact most people are like this.

Now me, not being a religious person at all. Not one bit. I definitely believe in God now, did not before. I am not in a specific religion because this is very new to me. But my beliefs help. They definitely help me. No, I will never try to get someone to believe the way I do. But I will definitely let them know what I do. The things that I try. Just to maybe have that person to the same, and see if they receive help the same way I do.

Most people that push other religions down you throat want the best. It may not seem like it at the time. But what they do, and what they believe in, they live by it. All they want is for you to try it. They want you to be on their side. Just to see if it helps you the same way it helps them.

Now, don't get me wrong, there could be people out there that only do it because they think they're better than everyone. But there are so many different kinds of people in this world, that you may never know.

To avoid this, I definitely hold my tongue when religion comes up. Of course, I'm not now. But only because I felt like I could relate, I guess. Whenever there's a group of people talking amongst each other, there's no saying what could come up. But if it's something about God, or something about what they believe in, everyone notices how quiet I get. Because like I said, it's definitely new to me. I don't want to have an input about something I definitely have no knowledge on.

Hopefully this helps, in some sort of way...

4. profile image0
    Mklow1posted 10 years ago

because everyone thinks they are right, but they need others to believe as they do to validate to themselves that they are correct.

5. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Certainly, there is the ego factor. Ego loves to be right.

In Christianity, though, ego is the enemy. Ego is right (first), and Christ puts the first, last. Only the humble (meek) will inherit the Earth.

Christ also cautioned his disciples to spread the good word, but if someone did not want to hear, leave them. Let them suffer, for it is their choice.

So, whenever you have a "Christian" fundamentalist haranguing at someone, trying to convert them with threats, long lists of scripture and the like, they are following ego, instead of Christ. They see any ridicule as a badge of honor that strengthens their ego. That's entirely upside down.

It's like the difference between a bad salesman and a really good salesman. The bad one wants to make you buy something you don't need (false Christianity, for instance). The good salesman tells you of a benefit, but if the person isn't interested, the salesman goes on to the next person. Good sales is more a factor of finding people's needs and satisfying them.

God created us in His image and likeness and He is not Homo sapiens. That says far more than most people are willing to understand.

6. M Asif Jameel profile image62
    M Asif Jameelposted 8 years ago

The followers of every religion want to include more people in their circle and every individual has his right to have or change his religion

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)