Of all the places to which you have traveled, which destination was the most int

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Daisy Mariposa profile image73
    Daisy Mariposaposted 10 years ago

Of all the places to which you have traveled, which destination was the most interesting?

Why is this destination, which doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite, the most interesting? What has caused it to stand out among all the places you have visited?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8702459_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I spent a day in East Berlin in 1987, prior to the fall of the Wall. It was a very depressing place and gave me a serious appreciation for what we had on the "outside."

3. profile image52
    tbHistorianposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8702481_f260.jpg

My visit to Kingman in 1969 is the most interesting that I can recall.  During my visit there, I camped in a valley that the tour guide had described as the landing site for UFOs.
    Around 3am the next morning, I was jolted awake when the ground began to shake.  The quaking moved my auto approximately 40 feet from where it had originally been standing.  It also lowered the ground under my tent approximately 20 inches. 
    When I exited the tent, I saw a shadow looming in the south-west sky that stood still for a moment, and then in an instant it was gone.  The phenomena was witnessed by about 10 or 12 of us that had camped in the valley.
    Air Force investigators were on the scene by 10am that day, but dismissed it as an earthquake even though the earthquake center never reported it.  The cover-up began shortly after that when an Arizona farmer was arrested for showing some debris from a craft.
    The native American indian community that I visited later all spoke of seeing the craft and even speaking with its crew.  Some talked about discussing the region of space where the craft and crew were from.
    It was a celestial position within the universe that they called maparsion.  The native Americans stated that these visitors were peaceful and ate the same foods that we do.
    Drawings produced by the native Americans indicated that these travelers resembled the photos that the government stated never existed and were bogus.
    So, every time I am in the vicinity of Kingman, I stay a couple of nights to see if this is still happening.  So far, there have only been a couple of times that some freaky things occur.
    During my last trip, I thought I was visited by a being when my motel room window was opened unexpectedly and a voice said, "nice to see you again."
    I leaped out of bed, but when peering out the window, could not see another person anywhere.  The next morning as I was checking out, I asked the owner of the small motel who might have been outside my room.  He said I was the only one registered and staying there, but that the local native Americans had been heard chanting about the same time (2am) that I reported my encounter.
    I can barely wait for May 2014 as I am going through that region again, and already have my reservation made for the same motel.

4. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 10 years ago

Definitely, of all the places I have visited so far, Egypt was the most interesting. It is steeped in history, mystery, intrigue and still is unstable. Obviously, the country has not learned from it's past mistakes. There are beautiful and impressive ruins of past dynasties and yet the people today live in relatively poor conditions.

5. KorenKartalis profile image82
    KorenKartalisposted 10 years ago

Crete, Greece.  I was and still am absolutely fascinated by the rich history of the island. There are many great historical sites to visit.

6. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

Paris, France
    I was fascinated by the art, architecture, history, fashion, and overall layout of the city.
    I would love to go to the French Riviera - Cote d'Azur . I've heard some nice things about that area. Bora Bora, Tahiti is also on my bucket list.

7. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 10 years ago

We took a trip to GrAyson mountain in Virginia. It was where my family chose to picnic.  Later, I realized the beauty seen from the top was breath taking, along with the wild ponies we saw running the meadows.

8. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

Interesting question!
    Well it is difficult to point out one place. I have visited many places in India and abroad and I found them all very interesting for different reasons.
    Whereas I loved Venice in Italy for its uniqueness, it was amazing to see the beauty of Nature in the North east of India as much as the wilderness of the oceans in Cape Comorin or Kanyakumari, as it is commonly called at the Southernmost  tip of India.

9. amiebutchko profile image72
    amiebutchkoposted 10 years ago

For me, my most interesting destination is always the place of my heart, the place I continually go back to when I need to be reminded that no matter what changes in life, Hyannisport, Ma, and the beach there, never changes.  It is my constant and what reminds me who I am and that no matter what, I am still the same.  For me, that is all the interesting I need.

10. tanveerbadyari profile image59
    tanveerbadyariposted 10 years ago

I have traveled to many places so far and the most intresting place i found was ladakh.

11. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8710352_f260.jpg

Tough decision .. We loved Alaska but I think Berlin was an amazing experience seeing the wall. We felt funny going between East & West Berlin .....
    Also in Greece we went in an underwater river which was fun !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)