What are perfect casserole or recipes for potlucks, such as for work, church, fa

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

What are perfect casserole or recipes for potlucks, such as for work, church, family gatherings?

I'm working on a hub about this. Just looking for great ideas to link to.

2. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 10 years ago

I make this hash brown potato casserole with cornflakes etc....  It's incredibly cheesy and delicious, "Cheesy Hash brown Casserole" is the name maybe.  I can't remember the exact name of it, but whatever it is, that thing gets eaten at any gathering and very quickly.  I've seen it at at many functions too.  In fact I was at a funeral luncheon yesterday and it was being served.

1. Carb Diva profile image95
      Carb Divaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have had this also and it's wonderful! (Well, anything with cheesy potatoes is yummy, right?). If you could find a recipe I would be a very happy girl.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image89
      Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yummy! Someone brought a hash brown casserole to a work potluck before. So good!

3. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 10 years ago

I've done an amazing chicken, broccoli and potato casserole that is /to die for/.

You're making me hungry! Sounds great!

4. Carb Diva profile image95
    Carb Divaposted 10 years ago

I'm often faced with the need to take a potluck dish to church, but we live 30 minutes away so a hot dish is no longer hot. My solution is a cold pasta salad. One that is easy to put together is cook a pound (box) of pasta (we like the bow-tie shaped) and add a container of krab salad (the kind you get in the deli with artificial crab meat, onions, peppers, and a mayo-based dressing). I usually add some black olives, green onions, and a bit of fresh or dill or dried dill weed. If dry stir in some sour cream or Greek yogurt.

That sounds great! I have made macaroni salad before with Italian dressing, black olives, pepperonis, onions, peppers . . .  Krab salad sounds great, too!

5. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 10 years ago

I have a carrot salad that is super healthy and super good that always goes over well: shredded carrots, few cloves of garlic, raisins, parsley, olive oil, honey, salt. My sister says she can successfully sneak this into gatherings where the offerings may not be so healthy and it gives people something positive to "think" about, like, "Maybe good food isn't all that bad after all."

I've never heard of a combination like that. That sounds really different--but good! And healthy! Thanks!

6. StoneCircle profile image87
    StoneCircleposted 10 years ago

Look up the recipe Shipwreck Stew. It is an oldy but goody. Many a church potluck has had this casserole. Serves many people and they Like it!

Shepherds pie is a standby that I use when my brothers are around. They love potatoes and it is hard for me to get them to eat veggies.

I looked it up. Looks good--and healthy! I need to try this!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)