If you had one wish that when made would apply to every human being on the plane

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Cre8tor profile image93
    Cre8torposted 9 years ago

If you had one wish that when made would apply to every human being on the planet, what would it be?

I'm not even sure myself at this moment but feel the answer needs careful consideration.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12120055_f260.jpg

2. The Examiner-1 profile image59
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I could say my answer in only five words except that it would not accept it and tell me to make the answer longer. The answer is: Peace, no war, no violence.

Cre8torposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No violence...that solves an awful lot of problems. Thank you.

3. Pollyanna Jones profile image94
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 9 years ago

I would wish for people to be kind to each other.

I like kindness as a possibility a whole lot. It allows freedom of thought, belief, and opinion but with respect. Thank you.

4. connorj profile image70
    connorjposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12120682_f260.jpg

My one wish would be that everyone become significantly like Christ.

5. manatita44 profile image73
    manatita44posted 9 years ago

I would say this:

"It's ok. Do your stuff. Be who or what you are and strive to be happy. Whether you are conscious of it or not, Love is working in and through you, in your darkness as well as in your Light. It works best when you play your part, whoever or wherever you are, and that all will be well at Love's choice hour. You cannot move faster than Grace. Have Faith; pray; Love and serve, and all will be well."

Then I would wish that he/she understood. Much peace.

6. davidlivermore profile image92
    davidlivermoreposted 9 years ago

Unlimited food and water for everyone.

I think that would solve a lot of problems.  No one would go hungry.  Ever.  Sure, there would be so many other issues.  But that basic need would be met.  If you didn't have a job you could still eat.  If you didn't have a car you could still eat.

Food and water.

I thought on this too. I like the idea but struggle with the notion that anything "material" could be taken or prevented from being received. I presume it wouldn't be your intention so perhaps no hunger??? Food not required???

7. Team Wiseman profile image80
    Team Wisemanposted 9 years ago

Love is what everyone in this World needs, Love means 'No War'

8. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 9 years ago

Generally people are too negative. If I had one wish that would apply to every human being on the planet I would wish for people to practice positive thinking. Think about the things you like and want. Take responsibility for the way you feel and your actions instead of blaming other people. In my opinion the world would be a better place if everybody practiced positive thinking.

I don't disagree with the lack of positivity in the world but am not sure what some may be thinking and that I would want to encourage the positivity of a negative thought.

9. arksys profile image85
    arksysposted 9 years ago

to be filled with contentment...                                                   .

10. Cre8tor profile image93
    Cre8torposted 9 years ago

Okay so after some thought, I think I know what I'll wish for. There are some great answers here. I really like and thought hard on "no violence" and "kindness" but in the end I choose truth. I suppose it's not the most peaceful of wishes (though I feel it could lead to it) but I believe that much of the fighting and nastiness in this world stems from a lack of the whole truth. No doubt the initial reveal would spark some fires but when the dust settled, we would finally be able to be who we are...completely and know that those who we are dealing with are exactly who they are as well. To know what the common good is and agreeably want to work towards it. I don't know. Perhaps it's just me but our differences of opinion on matters of faith and the cloak n' dagger routines of politics simply won't allow for true peace without naivety. My penny to the well.

11. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8215786_f260.jpg

To have enough money to live a life beyond just mere rudimentary existence.  No one on earth should be in socioeconomic poverty nor struggle.  Everyone should have enough money to provide a higher, better quality of life for themselves and particularly their children in terms of myriad opportunities especially in health care, food/nutrition, cultural/intellectual activities, and education.  The more money a person has, the better quality of life he/she has.

Though I don't believe money = quality of life, I do agree that no one should suffer poverty and poor health while others live with enough to support living for a thousand and more years.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Money DOES INDEED = quality of life.  The MORE money, the BETTER quality of life.  The LESS money, the WORSE quality of life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)