Why do the majority of authors accept unscriptural answers with no rebuttal?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (66 posts)
  1. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 9 years ago

Why do the majority of authors accept unscriptural answers with no rebuttal?

Most of the writers in this supposed Christian section accept all answers with a polite thank you even when the answer is TOTALLY UNSCRIPTURAL.    Why are you all so afraid to CONFRONT ERROR  as scripture shows us to?

2. profile image53
    graceinusposted 9 years ago

celafoe- You asked a very good question. The best answer I can give is they eighter know the correct answer and to much of a coward to correct them by quoting verse(s) in context or they don't know scripture and accept any answer or comment given to them. Then there are those who just want to make everyone "happy" and not causes waves. Them kind are cowards too.

Great question and blessings to you.

celafoeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Then would you agree that they have no business posting on here.?
      I FORGOT TO ALSO SAY HUBS.
      Good to hear from you brother, hope all is well with you.

2. profile image53
      graceinusposted 9 years agoin reply to this

celafoe- I would state that many don't understand the CONTEXT of scripture. They just throw verses out there to try to make their point. But much what they "might" quote is most often out of context. They shouldn't write what they don't know. Agreed.

3. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think that some are not called to give refutation or confrontation. That is not something we can chose for ourselves or at least should not. But I agree on the errors being more the norm than the rule.

4. celafoe profile image54

Eric - i will have to disagree, anyone teaching Must be able to support their work with scripture in context.   Rememer James 3.  They are not responsible whether or not they are believed, but must be able to explain.
      OR DO NOT TEACH.

5. Ericdierker profile image44

I wholly agree for teachers. And James is where I find the most on point scripture. But what of casual conversation? There needs to be a place where the ideas are just bounced around to bring further understanding.

6. celafoe profile image54

Eric - that in no way is part of this question.   Are hubs casual conversation?    Of course not.    Is a hub teaching    of course it is.
      ?????????

7. Ericdierker profile image44

Thank you for that correction celafoe. I do not think my comments here are meant as teaching.

8. celafoe profile image54

Eric - then what is their purpose?

9. profile image53

celafoe- I forgot to mention, yes I'm doing well and very (as always) happy. It's always great to see your Hub's, Questions and comments. I hope, you too, are doing well. Many blessing to you brother.

10. Ericdierker profile image44

I think most comments are to test the waters and learn and grow. Sometimes we learn the most by an open exchange of ideas and not being preached at. Many times I have learned much here without someone teaching me.

11. celafoe profile image54

Eric - semantics   -- if you learned from someone, then they taught you

12. Ericdierker profile image44

Then my four year old is a teacher for I learn much about life from him?

13. celafoe profile image54

Eric- yes as do all parents

14. profile image53

Rich-I just caught something you said and somehow missed it in my first read of your answer and should have said something. You said God IS tolerating many things in this world. I disagree. Jesus death on the cross prove God does not tolerate anysin.

15. Rich kelley profile image61
      Rich kelleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We need to pay attention to children, I can use all the help there is.
      Mar_10:15  Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

16. profile image53

Rich- I agree

17. Rich kelley profile image61

Hebrews 9:22  In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
      This is the reason Christ died on the Cross.

3. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 9 years ago

I think the problem for me is that you couched this in the terms of fright and then put it as "so" afraid. I think there are a lot of reasons that we do not "confront" error. Confrontation seldom leads to new understanding and creates a resistance to learning.
    Error in or lack of scripture may come from many reasons and most of those are from lack of growth in scripture. Confronting a new learner will turn them off from further learning and that person will be lost for longer than had they received an encouraging word rather than rebuttal.
    Not all are called to correct things in others. That takes a special talent that only very mature Christians should take upon themselves.
    We do see many who confront others here and I have yet to see that style of discussion lead to a better understanding.
    Yes errors should be addressed bu not in a confrontational "you are wrong" manner for it does not clarify or teach it only begets further confrontation.
    It is great to stand up for what is right but confrontation is not a particularly effective means of teaching. Far better to lead by example.

1. profile image53

Eric-The whole point of the bible is to reveal truth. Truth lies with the context of scripture that God established. Many of those who believe they are very mature are the ones responsible for creating false doctrine by taking verses out of contexts.

2. celafoe profile image54

Eric - i know you have a problem with any definate statement.    But the scriptures are full of them.   I am talking to supposed Christians here, who are teaching what they believe     seee James

3. profile image53

Eric-Ecclesia first showed up in Greek text in 500 BCE to mean called out, assemblyor congregation. Church first appeared in Geneva NT in year 1557 which was translated by William Whittingham. Well surely church could not exist 500 year before Jesus.

4. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 9 years ago

Who are they by the name? If you are so right and they are so wrong, sincerity would lead  to direct approach. If they are polite should not bother anyone, I guess  . Hub Pages are here for business and thank God we have freedom to share each one at our level. Doesn't God's righteousness accept us as we are ?

Mm-sorry but Christianity is Never "here
      " or anywhere else for business.  And NO , God does not acceptus as we are we are expected to change.   New creation by repentance . Actually i do speak to them.   Just trying to wake up the apethetic ones

2. Michael-Milec profile image60
      Michael-Milecposted 9 years agoin reply to this

celafoe, please do not be so angry that you can't  quote what I said"Hub Pages are here for business..." NOT as you say"christianity is never for business... Besides God does accept your christianity as it is because of His right,...-tolerates- is be

3. celafoe profile image54

Mm      please give me scripture proff for both.         Thank you

4. Michael-Milec profile image60

Of what " both", please.

5. profile image53

Michael-Milic- What colafoe is saying is faith is not and should not be treated as a business. True faith in God and His word is not for sale. Hubpages makes money off ads. God does not "tolerate" ANYTHING, that's why there WILL be a judgement day.

5. profile image54
    Michael Milecposted 9 years ago

-- to  graceinus two hours ago---
    Well He does and has much to do with you ( us?!) followers of, The Messiah, - my JESUS : " I tell you"...( Matt 5:45 ) "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven "( it is my only Father I have ) - " for He makes His sun rise on the  e v I l  and the good and sends rain on the righteous and the     u n r I g h t e o u s ."( v 46 ) (( to me it is "" tolerance "")).
    There is something for self righteous to learn along the journey while still here in earthly body : not to threaten with judgment prematurely... The Judgment is  in the Creator's jurisdiction...exclusively.
    Peace with us, and glory be to God.

1. profile image53

You are confussing tolerence with grace.And they're not the samething As I said God does not tolerate anything.

2. profile image54
      Michael Milecposted 9 years agoin reply to this

More and more becomes abvious to me that only acceptable / or approved  comments are of those from  members of " ekklesia ". Nothing bothers me of a man, my approval rating  doesn't makes any differents who am I  in  the Heavenly Father's  avowal.

3. celafoe profile image54

Mm    close but no cigar.     The only acceptable answer must be scripturally correct and God says only those of the ekklesia are able to correctly understand it,  close but still lacking

4. Ericdierker profile image44

Interesting. What is the scripture for that. I understand it to be the assembly of folks as opposed to a building.

5. profile image53

Michael-milec- Those of the ecclesia will NOT fall into the trappings of man made churches. You want to get sucked up into their anti-christ garbage then by all means go for it. Matthew 5:45 has nothing todo with tolerence.Tolerence is false doctrine

6. Ericdierker profile image44

Graceinus I have always read 1 Corinthians 9:21-25 as suggesting at the very least tolerance for all kinds.

7. profile image53

Eric- You say "suggesting" or stating, I have never read anything in God's word that say we must tolerate.

8. Ericdierker profile image44

graceinus, I would say that I would like to be tolerated and so would my neighbor. Matthew 22:36-40 seems to cover tolerance as I would say that 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 is the epitome of tolerance toward one another.

9. profile image53

Eric-If you believe for a moment that God tolerates (sin) then His Will and Plan has no meaning or purpose.

10. Ericdierker profile image44

I certainly cannot stop you from thinking that.

11. Michael-Milec profile image60

Graceinus, if you live around this country, you might have hear of Las Vegas, does God Almighty know what is happening in there ? Or is ekklesia praying for them not being destroyed the way of Sodom and Gomorrah. . . Yet He tolerates more then "us".

12. profile image53

Michael- Those living in Las Vegas have as much chance as anyone else to receive God's grace through faith. It's up to those individuals living there. And by the way, I have a member of my family who live there. And yes I pray for her.

13. celafoe profile image54

Eric - "iwould like to be tolerated" your words. I do not want to be tolerated, i want to becscripturally correct, whatever the cost.  To be a Christian teacher self must die.  There is no room for personal desires. The will of the Father only

6. Rich kelley profile image61
    Rich kelleyposted 9 years ago

Revelation 6:10  And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until YOU judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" (NKJV)

God is putting up with a lot, that doesn't mean a Disciple shouldn't be on a narrow path yoked with Christ.  God because of His patients and love is in fact tolerating many things of the world.  The time to hear His call and follow Christ may be coming to a close soon, who really knows.  Does God tolerate worldly actions in His Ekklesia? No we are to repent, discipline each other build each other up in His ways.  Should we as Disciples judge the world? No, that is going to be done by the Lord, holy and true. We are to be a light to the world, not judge it.  Should the Holy Spirit send us out as ambassadors to the world, He will equip us and give us the authority to share the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, not judge people’s actions.  We are to be there as a light, not a cleansing fire.  He is in-charge of the fire.

Clearly way too many things are tolerated by the "church" today, that makes them apostate, and in most cases following another gospel. When God tells us to "come out from among them" He means just that. We are not to keep going back to poke the hornet nest with scripture to show how wise we are in the Word.  If they are of the world so be it, God will judge the world.  If they claim to be a disciple of Christ then they are our brothers and sisters and there is scripture to guide us as to how we are to cut them some slack or shorten the rope so they won't hang themselves. If they choose after all care and love has been applied to incorrect actions to continue in them then they are to be put out and would no longer be considered brothers or sisters, but of the world and in God's hands. 

I personally am guilty of not confronting many false statements, however I will also over react the other way and beat a point to death. I can only hope that while I’m still here I can learn to be more Christ like, and that doesn’t mean more accepting of the World but more accepting of Him and less of me. Tolerating the world in His body is not acceptable.  The more of my self I can decrease then the more of Him will be there for others to see. His light makes darkness go away, you want a brighter light, allow more of Jesus to be in you. 

Rich

1. profile image53

Rich- You are correct. Sometimes I let my mouth run to much. Thanks for reminding me.
      Blessings.

2. celafoe profile image54

I dont see it as God tolerating , scripture says it will get worse then comes the judgement.   His word speaks against at ALL times.  He is following scripture so all have a chance to make a choice.    Semantics  ????

3. profile image53

Rich- Something you said that was not caught the first time I read your Answer. You siad God tolerates many things in this world. I disagree. He does NOT tolerate sin. Jesus death on the cross was to take ALL our sins. There is NO toleration of sin.

4. Rich kelley profile image61

tol·er·ate
      allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
      This sure sounds like what God is doing.

5. profile image53

Rich- Jesus death on the cross was the interference. Through Christ we (believers) WON'T BE JUDGED. You think because God is not acting on punishing sin right now shows He tolerate it. NO. If God was tolerating then we wouldn't need Grace.

6. celafoe profile image54

So you think that the WORD OF GOD condemning ALL SIN EVERY DAY is allowing is allowing without interferance, esp since we are to deal with the sin amongst us.   See Mt 18 and many more

7. Rich kelley profile image61

How many times did/does God allow us to sin? Don't like the word tolerate, pick one.  He sure puts up with a lot as we decrease and allow Him to increase.  Why is there still sin in the world?

8. celafoe profile image54

Grace   love    .    There is still sin in the world because man-all of us, has a free will and NONE of us have fully appropriated the righteousness of Christ which is there for us

9. profile image53

Rich- It not about how many times we sin? It's all about ONE grace.Sin is still in the world because God's Kingdom is not yet on earth. In the New Jerusalem on the New Earth you can sure bet there will be NO SIN.

10. Rich kelley profile image61

perhaps allow is a better word. Our free will must decrease and His will increase, or we might hear "I never knew you".

11. celafoe profile image54

Rich - now this i agree with, totally scriptural

12. profile image53

Rich- Please read Metthew 24:4-14. But make note of verses 6 where it mentions "all these things MUST COME TO PASS". Have you ever thought,  Why. MUST it come to pass.

13. Rich kelley profile image61

celafoe,
      I'm sure it is just a choice of words issue.
      Graceinus,
      He is allowing these things to come to pass, I think the word tolerate is heard as though He approves, which He doesn't. I won't be using the word anymore with disciples.

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 9 years ago

I have learned that it is better to try and keep a level head on this Q&A section of this site. I will admit I have let my emotions get the better of me several times on here. People calling God names, etc. really does bother me. I have come to the conclusion that on this site it is sometimes better to turn the other cheek.

Why is it better?     To avoid confrontation?    Jesus never avoided confrontation, nor did Paul.  They always hit it head on.   So why is it better for us not to?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Have you actually sat back and wondered, why am I going on these rants, is anyone even taking the time to read this? If there is one sure thing that I have learned on this site is we are not going to get anyone to listen with an iron fist. #wwjd

3. tsadjatko profile image66
      tsadjatkoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WWJD? That's a loaded abbreviation! Dare we presume to know what Jesus would do? I guess he would correct falsehoods & declare the truth, not that it would change a heretic's mind but to spread the good seed that may fall on fertile ground.

4. celafoe profile image54

Tsad - i dont know why  or who is modersting your comment but so you know i like your comment and agree

5. Ericdierker profile image44

Z, I think you just made the case for deleting comments

6. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Zelkiiro..... this site is not the place where you can say things like you have said about me. I suggest leaving my name out of your vocabulary. You have no reason to continue with these personal attacks against me. The proper steps will be taken.

7. tsadjatko profile image66
      tsadjatkoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Celefoe, you can mark my comments as not spam and it will show. Delete this comment or leave it as spam. If you want to know why send me an email in my fanmail and I'll explain why they moderate that.

8. cyoung35 profile image81
    cyoung35posted 9 years ago

I believe that some of these Q&A along with some hubs are written to provoke thought and there is no right or wrong answers. Everyone interprets the scriptures differently and some of the writers are not about confrontation rather than about finding out how people think. This may help them in the future get a point across better to someone who may be on the fence about a certain topic.

If you believe strongly on a topic, then you should strongly express that. However if you're not sure about a topic then Q&A section will give you an idea of how different people think. Maybe these are the people without rebuttals.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)