How do you feel about interracial marriages? Are you for it or against it?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 8 years ago

How do you feel about interracial marriages? Are you for it or against it?

For instance, a black man marrying a white woman. Be frank with your answers!

2. Austinstar profile image83
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

Any marriage should be a decision based on the genuine wish to spend the rest of your life with your partner. To be each other's best friend and companion. To have the same sort of outlook on life.
    Other than that, what does it matter if the marriage is interracial, same sex, old/young, or based on any opinions of others outside the marriage.
    It's your life, you should be able to marry the love of your life!

3. jlpark profile image78
    jlparkposted 8 years ago

As long as both people in the marriage are in love and of consenting age (eg above 16), then I have no issue if you are interracial, same sex, quite an age difference (please see the age of consent) or a mix of all three.

A marriage between two consenting parties is of no concern to anyone bar those two in the marriage - so if others don't agree - it's not their marriage to be bothered with,

4. cam8510 profile image91
    cam8510posted 8 years ago

I used to object to interracial marriages, but that was a belief based on total ignorance.  At the time, my feelings were founded on a concern for the children of such unions.  Now I know that if adults stopped disseminating such racism, children would never learn it, and we would eventually be able to simply accept one another.  I'm for adults of all races being free to choose, without social pressure or judgment, who they will spend their lifetime with.

1. Motherbynature profile image64
      Motherbynatureposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I love that you admit your faults and share how you have grown. It shows humility.

2. cam8510 profile image91
      cam8510posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Motherbynature, if we all take a step in the right direction now and then, we'll all eventually meet in a good place.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Makes no nevermind to me. Marry whoever/whatever you want.

6. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 8 years ago

I feel that anyone should have the ability to marry whomever they want, so I am not against interracial marriage. While all marriages can be difficult, I will acknowledge that people from different backgrounds have an extra set of hurdles to overcome, as well as extra benefits.

The most important thing is that spouses love, respect, and communicate with each other no matter what race, religion, country, or culture they come from.

7. dashingscorpio profile image78
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

It's 2015! I can't believe this would be an issue.
    Why would anyone care about someone else's love life  or marriage?  The goal is to find someone to share your life with and be happy!
    A Porsche Carrera GT in any color is still a Porsche Carrera GT.
    If you know what personality traits and build you want in a mate and come across such a person only a fool would say;
    "It's too bad you're not white, black, Latino, Asian or whatever!"
    Love normally doesn't come around often enough in one's lifetime to bypass many opportunities to be with a quality person.

8. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 8 years ago

I don't mind interracial marriages because I am also married to an Englishman and we both love each other no matter who we are. I don't think there should be an issue of race, colour or religion when it comes to marriage. Love is the most important thing here and it does not matter who you fall in love with as long as you love and respect the person you love.

9. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 8 years ago

I believe folks should feel free to marry whomever they so desire. Sometimes interracial marriages cause problems if close relatives disapprove, but that is an issue that can be faced. Families sometimes don't even like the person you want to marry, anyway. If you are in love, it is your decision to make. You can get counseling if you feel it would help clear up issues, or talk to others in that situation. I know many interracial marriages that work, and do not know of one that didn't work out. Such marriages are much more accepted these days than in the past.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)