The Nuclear deal with Iran: Good or bad for Israel?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 8 years ago

The Nuclear deal with Iran: Good or bad for Israel?

So the Iranians are happy.  Obama is happy.  Liberals are happy.  Israel and the right-wingers are not.  What do you think? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12535435_f260.jpg

2. Alternative Prime profile image57
    Alternative Primeposted 8 years ago

The republican party is now obsolete - However, back in the day, if the republicans were upset with a law, code, statute, or new deal, that usually indicated the fact that vast majority of Americans would probably benefit ~ If republicans were in a tizzy and didn't like it, it was good for America -

1. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying that since the Republicans are against the Iran treaty, it is good for America. I think you are right, but not for that reason. I think it's a fair treaty for all concerned. Including the world.

2. Alternative Prime profile image57
      Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Historically, the republicans have been in opposition of issues which benefit the majority of Americans ~ I.E - Minimum Wage Increases, Social S/Medicare Strengthening, Undocumented Immigrant Transition, Women's Rights - GOP Opposes all of these -

3. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Alternative, why are Republicans opposed to the deal?  Is it simply because they hate Obama and all that he stands for?  Or is it something else?

4. Alternative Prime profile image57

Lolita ~ Republicans do indeed hate everything about Obama because he will absolutely go in history books as a top 5 president, also, the GOP is corporate controlled, they represented billionares period ~ Now, the republicans are obsolete ~

5. profile image0

Who says Obama is going to go down in history as the top 5 president?  We shall see.

6. Alternative Prime profile image57

Lolita ~ He's already in the Top 5 ~ The only other president I can think of that is of greater significance than Barrack Obama is George Washington ~

3. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 8 years ago

If certain countries are allowed nuclear weapons then either all countries can have them then nobody can.

I agree. Iran is a very small country, similar to Pakistan. Pakistan and India have nuclear bombs, why can't Iran have them? Why do WE get to have them, but no one else? Can we say 'World Police?"

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Austinstar: Your point is excellent. The U.S. cannot deny another nation of its rights, even if we do not like them. Working with them, and knowing that every will have satellites and radar aimed at them makes a good deterrent.

4. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12535496_f260.jpg

It is indeed significantly bad for Israel. Historically this country Iran, has been an enemy of Israel. Iran is a Muslim country that is not democratic at all. It is a very dangerous regime that will try to eliminate Israel and other non-Muslim countries...

When has Iran tried to eliminate Israel other than in the world courts? Check out the list of Iranian wars and learn the truth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w … lving_Iran

2. profile image0

Do you trust Iran?  I don't.  And if ISIS gets in there and takes over, what then?

3. connorj profile image69
      connorjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am merely answering the question. ran has publicly referred to Israel as their enemy. A matter of fact, Here is an unclassified PDF, this is what Iran wants for Israel: http://jcpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2012 … t2012b.pdf

4. Alternative Prime profile image57

Lolita ~ Considering Iran still has a rather robust army for the region it is quite capable of defending itself ~ I think everyone is missing the point ~ The Kerry Agreement will prevent Iran from obtaining a Nuke ~

5. connorj profile image69

RTY Base, oops I mean Alternative Prime: why is Iran so celebratory? You seem logical, is it wise to appease your enemy by giving it a "deal" like this?

6. profile image0

See--that's what gets me; that Iran is happy with the deal.

7. Alternative Prime profile image57

John Connor ~ Have U read the deal, if so, how does it appease Iran?

8. connorj profile image69

I have read some of it; however, it is not the agreement, it is the psyche of the party involved...

9. Alternative Prime profile image57

John Connor ~ All parties agree, even the Israeli PM, that inspectors have the right to go wherever they wish within a reasonable amount of time to confirm nuke particles which remain for decades after moved ~ Assurance of nuclear abatement ~

10. connorj profile image69

That is simply incorrect, false, misleading, propaganda that you have stated... I apologize I see this agreement much like Clinton's work with North Korea in the 90s...

11. Alternative Prime profile image57

John Connor ~ I'm sorry if the truth gets in the way of your GOP ignorance and "Fear of Facts" but inspectors can go where they wish within days of identifying a suspect sight & detecting nuke particles would be easy, then, Sanctions R re-applied

12. connorj profile image69

What is this phrase, GOP ignorance? I am indeed ignorant of that. I apologize if your blood pressure has escalated, I only want the best for you. Do you understand that United States inspectors cannot inspect the Iranian facilities at all?

13. Alternative Prime profile image57

John Connor ~ That's not what the PM of Israel said ~ Even he understands the fact that suspect sites will be inspected ~ Just the truth John & only the truth ~ "BP" is fine by the way ~ What happened under W Bush? Iran Nuke ambitions ESCALATED ~

14. connorj profile image69

I am truly happy about your blood pressure. Here is a quote from the PM; "The deal grants Iran 24 days notice before a site inspection. That is absurd as giving drug dealers a 24 day notice before a SWAT raid."

15. Alternative Prime profile image57

John Connor ~ You're validating what I had already said ~ The Israeli PM understands the fact that inspectors can go where they wish within a reasonable amount of time ~ Remnants of drugs can dissapear immediately, nuke particles remain for decades ~

5. profile image64
    James King 32posted 8 years ago

Bad for Israel!

This will start a war. The old Persian Empire is completely put back together now. (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Libya ) and will attack Israel, Thanks to the incredible lack of understanding of the history of the Middle East in this administration (or just the willingness to destroy Israel), Israel's neighboring countries are now unified, armed, and dangerous.
    I am not Jewish but I do understand the Israeli purpose in the region and on the world stage. This administration is interested in destroying Democracies for the sake of government control as we are headed towards "One World Government" or "The New World Order" as other presidents have coined the phrase.
    However you describe it, we who love and enjoyed democratic forms of government all need to collectively call out to God for our own deliverance (as well as our country's) or just bend over and kiss it good bye.
    We have this president as a result of the :Judgement of God on America". It may not be his fault, he is that ignorant and arrogant, I mean look at Pontuis Pilate, God needed him in that situation to carry out His will.
    Believe it or not whatever you think, it is you who think; and a "man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".
    So your belief system is made up of your will. I Hope your reason has enough information of pertinent spiritual insight to let you choose well.
    There is only one God. He is a jealous God (for his children). When Israel is attacked, Israel will win causing the world to come against them in the final showdown. You can take it to the bank. O wait there wont be a bank. That is the prophetic word up till now. The mark on you hand or forehead will be 666, (which will be) the only way to buy or sell anything - but if you take it, you will be damned for eternity.
    If you don't take it you will hunted and killed. (That is real Martyrdom). Then judgement.
    Your decision is: This life in the best heaven you can make, or the next life believing that God does exist and has been making a home for us.
    If you don't know how to approach God here is the way.
    "Knock and the door will be opened"
    Repent and ask Jesus in.
    Confess that you have done this,
    Take Him as your Lord forever.
    You will know as your "Inner Spirit" will agree with you.
    "There is only one way up and all the other ways are down,
    You got give your life to Jesus Christ - And do it while your still around".
    Song by Ricky Jordan 1977.

6. profile image0
    sandrawelchposted 8 years ago

Iran was going to do it, with or without anyone's permission.  That is their history. At least the rest of the world has a happier Iran to cope with, and a new avenue for talks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)