Do you think Donald Trump is right or wrong to consider closing some mosques in

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 8 years ago

Do you think Donald Trump is right or wrong to consider closing some mosques in the US?

Personally, I do not think that this should be considered because I find it biased, not proven effective, etc. but I would like to know other opinions on this idea. We did not consider closing churches for a variety of deadly attacks that have occurred over the decades, nor have we thrown this idea about after all the lifelong traumatizing illegal sex acts, so how could this idea and action be effective?

Also, please give your honest opinion whether you approve of Donald's idea or not. But, please do not make personal attacks on others. Thanks.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12747073_f260.jpg

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 8 years ago

I lived in a Muslim country for four years, and many Sundays when I sit in a conservative church here in the U.S. I see many similarities: the intolerance, the manipulations, the efforts to influence the political views of their membership, the lack of compassion for those different from themselves, the harping on a single-view message. 

I think it would be the height of hypocrisy for us to tell anybody how or where or when to worship as they see fit.  And we would be harming many, many innocent people.  We'd be as bad as the terrorists.

Express10posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your honest answer. I cannot fathom where he came up with this idea. Trump is quite strange, he has already irritated at least 1 foreign leader with his comments & he is only attempting to run for President at this point.

3. lisavollrath profile image92
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

Donald Trump, once again, is bloviating on whatever topic will get him the most press coverage. And, as usual, what he's proposing is based on fearmongering, rather than facts and logic.

Muslims aren't responsible for terror attacks. Extremists are. There are extremists in every religion, but they are in no way representative of that religion. Rather than persecuting the innocent followers of any one religion, we should focus on tracking down actual terrorists.

As for closing houses of worship: as long as the Westboro Baptist Church remains open, so should all the mosques. If we allow a supposedly Christian church to spread hate, disrupt the funerals of veterans, police officers, and victims of crimes, why on earth would we ever consider closing mosques filled with people who have done nothing?

I am happy that you took your time to answer. Unfortunately, terrorism has been with humanity for millennia in various forms, closing places of worship will do nothing to end it. I could not agree with you any more than I already do!

4. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 8 years ago

Perhaps we should write out a list of atrocities that Christians have committed and see if he wants to close churches, too. 

As usual Trump is acting like an ignorant racist, I don't expect him to stop that any point. So please, Americans, do humanity a favour and keep this guy away from any position of power.

Like many, I would prefer that he continue in business & stay far away from politics. Honestly, I would not be surprised if this political run is another way of him getting attention for his businesses & ego regardless of the result of the re

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

“I would hate to do it but it would be something that you’re going to have strongly consider because some of the ideas, some of the hatred—the absolute hatred—is coming from these areas,” Trump said.

This is a valid question in the context of the entire conversation that this came from. It is a fact that Mosques around the world have harbored terrorists, and we should learn from those countries that have been attacked by terrorists and try to determine a common denominator.

These terrorists are religious extremists and there may be a connection with the Mosques. We shouldn't just give them unquestioned immunity, because if there is a connection, it could be fatal for us.

The last protestant versus catholic feud that was deadly was in GB, and it never got to the US. But, the places around the world have been packed with terrorists claiming to follow Islam.

Remember, it only took 19 terrorists to kill over three thousand people on 911.

It is better to explore the problem, and be safe rather than sorry.

To keep mosques open doesn't provide unquestioned immunity. Why is it only mosques get this type of attention with all the killings, sex crimes against children, and even church bombings that have occurred in US history thus far?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

today the killers are coming from the Mosques, and history is past. We need to deal with today and tomorrow. As long as terrorists can hide in Mosques, that is the issue. Islam has a three way split in their religion, and they are killing each other

3. Express10 profile image86

I respectfully disagree about "history" being "past." With the murders in SC there was no discussion of shutting churches down, with the Catholic illegal sex crimes against mostly children, there was not even talk of shutting those churches down.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

You are comparing bombs with sexual behavior. The victims of the church had their days in court to stop the church. Is this really the same as bombing civilians and then hiding behind the Mosque for protection?

5. Express10 profile image86

It appears you may not understand what I've clearly stated. The mosques are being singled out when the extremists are using other means in large numbers and to large success, not mosques. Also, please do not twist my words.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

It is not my fault if I answer your comments, and you don't like them.
      I followed your path.
      You made this personal, I don't like that, we are done.

7. Express10 profile image86

I've nothing against you/your answers. It was you who was inaccurate & sarcastic on a serious matter. I refuse to sit idly by & let anyone twist my words into something I never even imagined, let alone stated. I sincerely thank you for your t

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)