If your child was an addict, would you leave drugs where your child could find t

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (35 posts)
  1. moneymindit profile image61
    moneyminditposted 8 years ago

If your child was an addict, would you leave drugs where your child could find them?

Religious people believe that God is all knowing.  So, that means that God knew that humans would disobey him.  He knew that all of this nonsense we call existence would happen.  Why bother? Hint: There is no God.

2. profile image0
    roobposted 8 years ago

I've been an addict and i've had people I know keep things I was addicted to before around me. I didn't steal them. When I was using they were around also but I got my own.

Was this a rhetorical question? Lol.

moneyminditposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Robert, 

Sorry to hear that you are an addict and that people around you created temptation.  Sad.

2. profile image0
      roobposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh no they didn't create temptation, you misunderstood. I didn't use what they left around. I told them go ahead & leave it because if I want to use I can get my own. Plus if I was going to use.. I would want a whole lot more then what they had!

3. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's the same as leaving a gun out where your child has access (if he/she desires) when you've taught "Thou shalt not kill" (Exd 20:13)! As Rob says if they want to kill, they could "get their own!"
      But, "For every action, there is a reaction!"

4. moneymindit profile image61

Norine, so you agree that it is wrong for a parent to leave a gun laying around where a child might find it?

5. profile image51

They have "CHOICE" & I'm sure parents have "taught" & don't leave "lying around!"
      Parents also have CHOICE to own a gun! 
      WORD says "He takes care of birds" (Matt 6:24-34) are we less?

6. moneymindit profile image61

Norine, are these people any less than birds? When was the last time you saw a bird starving to death? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1kTF3smOE

7. profile image51

MM: U've "proven" yourself - "SATAN!"

8. moneymindit profile image61

Norine,

Did you just call me Satan? LOL!!!

9. profile image51

I don't get link fm HP when 1 comments!  Again, JESUS said HE takes care of birds & HE will take care of us is all I'm saying!  People have "choice!"  If u disagree, u disagree w/WORD, then "Satan" (I Cor 10:21)!

3. Austinstar profile image85
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

Cool! Another contestant in the search for logic questions! Thank you.
    No, I would definitely not leave drugs around where my child could find them. If my child were of adult age, I would make sure that he/she got the counseling and help needed to beat the addiction.
    I would not leave poison around for a baby to find either.
    I would sure as heck not leave dangerous fruit around that would punish an entire planet and all their offspring forever!
    Bad imaginary god!

1. profile image51

IF u were GOD & created man to PRAISE U, u would!   
      Bad "imaginary" breath u breathe???
      Bring that "soul" under subjection to THE CREATOR!!!

2. Austinstar profile image85
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine, please go away.

3. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine has it ever occurred to u that any God who creates man for the sole purpose of worshiping him is a piece of garbage, and should be held in contempt?

4. profile image51

Well, welcome to the "garbage pile," for u desire praise because u were "created in His image!"
      Now LIE & say u don't!

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 years ago

This question can be two-fold.  There is a dangerous heroin epidemic in my area-so bad that each week we hear about at least one person over-dosing.  Thankfully my daughters knew the dangers about drug use at a young age and have not even though about using.  If they were addicted, as I parent I would do my best to get them the help they need but would not leave the drugs for them to find and use.  However, some parents may leave the drugs-in smaller quantities than they normally use along with clean supplies-to take the edge of the cravings without the danger of overdosing. (Note: I do not know any parents who do this, I am sure there are some who may do this).

God did this to his children.

2. profile image0

If there is an epidemic Lois... they don't need their parents to leave them dope they can get their own. Lol not very expensive. Also Money Man some ppl wana use drugs, it isn't just some curse.

3. profile image51

Lois' children knows the repercussions but it's available & have "choice!"
      Fortunately, they've seen effects & have "chosen" not to use! 
      Rob: It's a "curse" fm Satan to "sidetrack" one fm "TRUTH" in life! They've "Chosen," but GOD is waitin

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 years agoin reply to this

God didn't leave me drugs, not an addict.  I am not suggesting parents do this roob.  Might be inexpensive but buy from the wrong guy can be tainted drugs or an undercover cop-which would be a good thing

5. profile image0

I don't want to debate drugs Lois but opiods used to be the main drugs for depression then they got anti-depressants which werent as effective. I have chronic pain,depression,diahrea but since I'm young docs didn't wana give me ne even tho i needed.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out I had a prescription for pain killer with codeine. Made me sick to my stomachs. I think that drug falls in same category as Heroin

7. profile image0

Codeine is 1 of the weakest opiates there is. Sick to your stomach would be nausea. I have diarrhea. Opiates make you constipated and are a treatment for diarrhea. If you don't agree look it up. Idk y u r arguing. You have lupus sle? U think im lyin?

8. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

I don't think I am arguing or calling u a liar. Just talking about my experience. Was sick can't remember if constipated this was over 30 years ago heroin is also in opiate category

9. profile image0

My bad Lois I took what you said the wrong way!(: I thought you were questioning how it could help my diarrhea if it messed with ur stomach. Sorry I am a jumpy person by nature lol. Most ppl get nauseated, I have been before. Thanks for sharing!

10. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

That's fine. Not enough room for comments.

11. profile image0

Very true, have a good one.. & stay off drugs lol (;

12. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

I never had an issue with drugs but I am addicted to nicotine and am doing my best to quit smoking.  I was addicted to energy drinks, but my blood pressure rose to dangerous levels.  That scared me enough to stop drinking them

5. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 8 years ago

The answer is: absolutely not. Why is it so hard for people to get the gist of this question, and how it applies to the character of the parent. If I said anything other than NO, it would clearly mean that I am unfit to be a parent....or any type of leader!
    1. It would imply that I lack the basic human intelligence to be a parent.
    2. It would imply that I lack compassion and understanding.
    3. It would imply that maybe I'm mentally unbalanced, and lack any sound judgment.
    4. It would imply that just maybe I'm an extremely disturbed person, who is                looking forward to seeing the destruction of my own child.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

Good answer

2. profile image51

Really?  Remove all those "toxic" household cleaning products, remove liquor (if u have any), remove stove, remove gun (if u have), remove all thgs that endanger!
      U taught! Child has "choice!"
      GOD taught (Bible)! We have "choice!"

6. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

This is an interesting 2 part question. The first is easy. No, absolutely not. It is a no brainer. And it sets up the second part nicely.
    But first some presumptions that I disagree with: I come from the school of thought that thinks our existence is really cool and I am really happy to be alive -- in fact I love life. And secondly God gave man choice. Disobedience to a desire of one is normal. Yes it is and was bound to happen.
    So that gets us to the real underlying question. Why would God give Adam (metaphorical or otherwise) the opportunity to disobey? Why not just keep that nature away from man.
    And we can debate the answers in logic of man. And that is good for debate but lousy for understanding God. If God is held to the logical constructs of man -- God is not God. All knowing God does not need to be what you see as logical. There is no logic to that kind of restriction on a God. What we can understand is not a restriction on a deity. It is that whole "lean not on your own understanding thing". Again great for debate and lousy for understanding a God.
    I wonder why God gave man free will. I have theories. Like doing good because you are commanded to is hardly doing good at all. But I know that just leads us down a rabbit hole of debate.
    God is all knowing and must know what is best for us.

Eric, what do you think of Paul d'Holbach's take on free will? Also, if man has free will, how can there ever be a heaven? Man will continue to sin. It is man's nature to sin. Thoughts?

2. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just cannot abide by fatalism. I get his arguments but he defies himself by writing them so well. Would he have me believe he was predestined to write on such lofty matters? Complex rational thought equals no fatalism.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)