What Are You Glueing? What are two things you are consciously contributing to in

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)
  1. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

What Are You Glueing? What are two things you are consciously contributing to in having

a new improved warmer cohesive society? For me its thinking before I speak when I  feel like letting someone know they have really hurt my feelings. Just in case I say something I may later on regret and create a war along the way. How about you this last month?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13172853_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

Well, I have probably hurt you here, my Dear Threekeys, not intentionally, of course. If I have, it may simply be because of the way I respond to questions.

Your question reads like it's not complete. Still, let me try. Contributing?

1. Prayer. In this I send out loving thoughts; ask for forgiveness; purity; to be humble... to be wise to misunderstandings. I do apologise if I feel I'm sometimes harsh.

2. Manifestation. I actually belong to a body of about 8,000 spiritual Souls or brothers and sisters. We have over 30 or more manifestations -- that which one feels and does in order to serve aspiring mankind. I suppose you can call this soulful service.

In the last major one, I visited the country and spent first six weeks then another six weeks on the ground, visiting Regional Commissioners (Mayors or Governors), schools, the Police and people in key places.

The purpose was to bring forward many children and people together: teachers, parents, authorities...all in the cause of brotherhood, oneness, peace, to point out or inspire others with all that unite and not divide. To share what we have in common. This was a huge success. So Yes, I guess this goes a very long way to creating a cohesive society.

By the way, the macrocosm is part and parcel of the microcosm and vice-versa. Nothing stands alone or should be seen to be. So we also affect the collective Consciousness of others here in this Hub Pages Society.

Only the fool would say that he/she does not try his/her best.As such we move with the Light of Spirit given to us at each sacred moment. All my Love.

3. WordCrafter09 profile image66
    WordCrafter09posted 7 years ago

I can't think of much anyone would say to me that would "hurt my feellings".  I'm more one to get angry (whether or not I show it).  OR, if I don't get angry (maybe because I know there's some reason that the other person doesn't understand something - because if s/he did there would not be a problem - then I aim to figure out how to help that person understand better.

So anyway, my "thing" in recent weeks (and before that) is thinking about how, exactly, to present some writing that would address the problem of people's so often having "either/or" thinking, most often as a result of not having had someone help them polish up their understanding-of-others skills when they were kids and before they were entirely swept into first the wider world of, say, teens and young adults where there's little time for an adult/parent to complete the task of "finishing touches on the socializing aspect of parenting" (if the parent even knows how to do that in the first place) before friends, the outside world, others (also often without benefit of having had a parent know how, and be able to, put those finishing touches on socialization" on before they were swept away into a so often very misguided/misinformed larger world).

Socialization includes family dynamics, which means understanding one's family and closest extended family from both an objective and non-objective perspective.  I think too many people reach maturity, having skipped over that important part of socialization.  Maybe in the past, or in different cultures, things have been different or simpler.   Maybe in some ways parents of the past or of different cultures did better.   In many ways people of today do far better.   In any case, things are complicated these days.  I just think, considering that, we don't need more people who have missed (for whatever reason) that important part socialization because those who do often grow up with anger and issues that could have been headed off if they had.

It's not good to have so many people with an incomplete "foundation" .  So that, among other things, has been my focus in recent weeks.

1. profile image0
      threekeysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Please forgive me. It was not appropriate to mention "hurting my feelings". I was focused on something away from hubpages. I like and value all of you.

Gracious and thoughtful response...

4. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

Manitita I had no idea...I admire you very much. I dont know if you realize how lucky you are to be able to do things on a large scale. I too have been part of mediataion groups that send out peace and wishes for peace but now I essentially do that privately and nightly. My lesson up to know has been about doing what and where I can in non expansive circumstances and making it count on a everyday level . My life so far has taught me to realize the beautiful or the extraordinary in the routiness of everyday living which once upon of time I would have overlooked. To me the way I practice balancing my personal desires with world needs for peace and harmony looks on a microscopic level "not reacting but (hopefully) thinking before I speak".

Are we going to make it manitita44? Is the world going to tip in favour of life? Or is it going to "eat its own tail and deconstruct"?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)