Why didn't these women that are coming forward file charges against Trump

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (38 posts)
  1. norlawrence profile image72
    norlawrenceposted 7 years ago

Why didn't these women that are coming forward file charges against Trump

Trump is a billionaire so if he did this the women should have filed charges and they would have been paid to keep their mouth shut.  The tape is a different story because he said those things but did not know he was being recorded.  Saying is not doing it and some men like to brag especially rich ones and celebrities but it is all talk.

2. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

Maybe because some women care more about drawing attention to and holding their accusers accountable than they do about money? Can't quite put my finger on it but using the words "paid to keep their mouth shut" makes me want to vomit in the context of sexual assault.

Legal fees also cost a lot and the verdict, especially when it comes to celebrities, does not always go in the victim's favour. Sexual assault cases are often a battle of he said/she said and guess whose voice tends to be louder when a rich celebrity is involved?

Why give him the benefit of the doubt when he literally said that he did those things himself? How do you know that it's "all talk"?

1. norlawrence profile image72
      norlawrenceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very good answer.  But why wait until now.  Sorry my remark offended you.  I did not say it was all talk.  If what you say is true why are they coming forward now?  A persons opinion of women has nothing to do with running the country.

2. Aime F profile image69
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Because a woman coming forward with a claim often goes nowhere & many feel it's not worth it. After the video of him saying those things someone probably thought "here's something to back me up" & as one woman comes forward so do others

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So who is paying them off now?
      Trump has been running for over a year and a half and now they come out? Who cares, are you getting a priest. We elected Bill Clinton twice as pres. Get serious, this is a pathetic red herring from the liberals.

4. Aime F profile image69
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's not even remotely uncommon for women to come forward after years only after other women or some other form of support comes up. In this case, the video where he admits to behaving that way. This literally happens all the time.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They are now being proven to be false and he should put them all behind bars where they belong along with the corrupt candidate that put them up to it. One was photoed with Hillary...please...and of course we already know she should be in jail.

3. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13235614_f260.jpg

Unbelievable. Same thing said about Bill Cosby 51 accusers. And (so far) Trump's 13th accuser Summer Zervos.  80% of women don't report rape or takes years to come forward.  Are you being willfully ignorant with this Q?  Defense lawyers have will impugn the credibility of the victims. Clinton is hated for defending a rapist she knew was guilty but you don't believe 13 (so far) woman?

Because most don't get justice, putting the victim on trial unlike any other crime such as robbery. Because my family will slut shame and victim blame me.

Trump continues to deny the veracity of the females but doesn’t come up with evidence disputing the claims. Trump Still doesn't get it: Trump on the woman who claimed he assaulted her on a plane: “She would not be my first choice ... That would not be my first choice.” pic.twitter.com/o7VMgtvVMx

“A lot of it comes in the form of, ‘Well no woman asks for it, but…What was she doing? What was she wearing? Why was she behaving like that? What did she expect?’ It’s the ongoing shaming. And dealing with that while you’re dealing with the trauma of sexual assault can just be overwhelming.”

One in four girls and one in six boys are sexually abused before they reach 18.

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wish anyone was as upset over the 12 year old rape victim Hillary smeared and ruined the life of...but no...that is different...how?

2. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am now certain that you are a troll. Your bellicose comment is absurd. Accusing me of being uncaring about child rape after what I wrote in my answer shows you are a troll.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

ptosis
      Really, troll. Your argument failed so you name call. I am disappointed in your attack.

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

www.factcheck.org/2016/06/clintons-1975-rape-case/ read this before trying to smear Hillary.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years ago

I think Americans should be more as as much concerned with the 12 year old victim Hillary ruined the life of and tried to act like she deserved what she got. I think that is so horrible and no one wants to talk about that.

1. gregas profile image82
      gregasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you 100% Jackie.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

I also agree.

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

I think you have Bill Clinton mixed up with Donald Trump.
      www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12 … pe-lawsuit .

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13236280_f260.jpg

The same (why now?) argument was used regarding Bill Cosby.
    According to reports the women speaking out against Trump claim they were moved to do so after he claimed in the debate that what he said was on the bus with Billy Bush were  "just words" or locker room talk and that he (never ever acted that way in reality).
    Having said that it is a tightrope to walk between believing accusers and subscribing to the belief that one is innocent until proven guilty.
    The court of opinion often trumps the legal system. Even when folks are found "not guilty" in court the public may feel they got away with it.
    O.J. Simpson was found not guilty. He spent $10 Million on attorneys!
    In the case of Cosby and Trump you have a situation where these men are very rich, powerful, and admired. It's not hard to accept the possibility an ordinary citizen might feel no one would believe them.
    A rich and famous person can always say an accuser is out for money. On the other hand if Trump was a mailman or mechanic he wouldn't nearly be given the same presumption of innocence.
    However history has shown there is strength in numbers. Once one person steps up another gains courage to do so and so on.
    Nevertheless if someone likes or dislikes an individual they will find a way to justify their feelings towards them with or without facts.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

OJ was found not guilty because the police didn't do their job. BTW, how much money did Los Angeles and California spend on prosecuting the case.
      There is also a difference in being accused of murder, and what is the sex assault here?

6. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Because the charges are false.
    There are already many holes in these stories from citing concerts that did not happen to flying on planes not on service on the routes they were taking.
    The other aspect not reported enough - BOTH accusers are Clinton donors, which is more than a mere supporter. And sitting on sexual allegations about a billionaire that you don't bother to report until he's a Republican front-runner, right after a tape of him saying sexist things comes out?
    Political. It is all political.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Half of the men and boys in the NYC subway would also be guilty.
      Ridiculous, and you don't even have to compare it to Bill Clinton.

7. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 7 years ago

FIRST I would like to clarify what I am arguing about.

I have read SOME of these articles and accusations, they are about him seeing young women nude at a pageant in a common area dressing room, they are about inappropriate touching, and vulgar language.

I have seen nothing about rape, or attempted rape.

With that said, I look to the possible motives... some have already been tied to the Clinton Campaign in some fashion, others have been countered by eye-witness accounts... the key to me is how neatly this was all packaged, to hit 30 days before people went to vote.  Not six months ago to destroy him and help get Rubio or Cruz  the nomination... but 30 days out, when the goal is to weaken the voter's belief and support of him so that Clinton can secure a victory.

The goal ISN'T to get 'justice' so much as to thwart his campaign and ensure Clinton's victory.

1. savvydating profile image89
      savvydatingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

True. There have been no allegations of rape re Trump whereas Cosby drugged & raped. Trump is accused of groping. As for the "octupus" on an airplane allegation, that rang false. My point is, any sexual misconduct is unacceptable & must be de

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Women are the worst in manipulating men, and women don't consider sexual assault from a women. They think of it as a good time. So just because men don't tell, it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. How many women use their sex to get their ways?

3. savvydating profile image89

The worst? No. Throughout the ages, women have been manipulated by men. As for women who manipulate men, I have no respect for them. That being said, those women either have no soul, (like Hillary) or they sadly think sex is all they are good for.

4. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Again Savvy, at this juncture, I can't look past the political ploy that is at the heart of this coming out now.  Too much is at stake, the Supreme Court to the economy...that the media CHOSE to sit on the tapes, etc. is deplorable, our future first

5. savvydating profile image89

Ken, I do understand what you are saying. The supreme court issue is huge. Still, Trump needs to reach out to women by at least acting like a gentleman. It could make all the difference.

6. gregas profile image82

Which is more important, the future of our country or the sensitivity of the women in it? I understand how it affects women and how they feel. But, I also know that women are a lot stronger than to let words destroy our country.

7. savvydating profile image89

They are both important. Keep in mind that 4 to 8 years of watching a president talk like a teenager will get old fast, even for men. More than half the population is asking him to act like a grown-up. That shouldn't be so hard to do.

8. Ken Burgess profile image76

Savvy...you, me, and many others we would like Trump to be more distinguished, more PC even.  But you know what, how he acts is why he has millions siding with him, many that never voted before... he is speaking their language. Bluntly. Even Crudely.

9. gregas profile image82

Savvy, we dealt with 8 years of BC doing what he did in the White House.

10. savvydating profile image89

Right. And it was disgusting. All I ask is that Trump stop whining and get down to business. That's what campaigners have to do.

11. gregas profile image82

I agree with you on that.

12. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    13. savvydating profile image89

Q&A was published 9 days ago. Had only heard of the airplane story.
      http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/ … index.html
      Accused Trump of "groping" her for 15 minutes on an airplane. Later praised him on email

8. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

Some did file charges and the police did not believe them.  He married Ivana, his first wife after she filed rape charges because a wife can't testify against her husband. 
    Most of the women I am sure are scared for their life and the life of their families.
    Trump could ruin them financially and I am sure he will.  And he could even do them bodily harm and get away with it, just like he bragged about how he could shoot someone and not lose any voters.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

Unfortunately this is where we are at, an emotional topic that has the majority of women irate, and caring less about the other issues.
      While the majority of men are looking at the jobs bleeding out of our country, and health care cost doubling, etc.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

TW watch detective shows they say if you do not have an attorney one will be appointed.. that is how Hillary got the rape case and it is evident you did not watch the video, otherwise you would know that is not what she was laughing about. Try again.

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Trump factories in Bangladesh, Mexico, Netherlands, Slovenia and 2 in China.  He pays foreign workers lower wages than Americans.
      Funny that is the cornerstone of his campaign, bringing jobs back to America. What a joke.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)