Do questions here cause you to research topics or more closely?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

Do questions here cause you to research topics or more closely?

Also, do any inspire you to write a Hub article?

2. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

Great question ! Applying to me personally my fellow Hp hub family inspire me greatly , so many wonderful talented writers , so many with wisdom from the heart we can appreciate. A vast number of ages of young and old
    Its really a beautiful thing.
    Hp is very interesting they orchestrate
    This mixture just like music.
    Yes some sounds can come out pretty raw in forum topics , but its real , it how people really feel , I rather deal with real then phony people.
    And also how can you get a person to see you create your own destination
    old saying you are what you eat , is true , you are what you feed your mind , if you feed your mind doubt then it will give just that., lies can only give you deciete , and a dead end.
    example ! If you were handed conterifit money by deciete then you found out by trying to spend it because you thought you have the real money.
    Then you are stuck with a loss.
    Because if the bank finds out do you think they are going to replace your money with good money , No , they have to answer for what they do with money.
    You just have money that has no value and maybe can land you in jail if you try to spend it.
    Counterfeit religion is the same it may look real , feel real, but pagan emblems
    Make it counterfeit to God our Heavenly Father. He does not have to accept .
    My purpose here is to help many examin their faith in worship even though its your choice and relationship to believe and not to believe there is always the correct way approved by our Heavenly Father.
    If you don't even consider this a subject of interest and concern then that also is a right to your choice. God has not taken your life base on your position yesturday. Who knows how you will feel tomorrow. Many have a change of heart.
    Christains are to asist in being teachers of Gods word, not judgers and not dogmatic , its not their words but God's
    If you misuse his words thats between you and him.
    because we all are accountable and responisble for our decisions.

3. WordCrafter09 profile image65
    WordCrafter09posted 7 years ago

They don't.   The nature of the questions/answers section on this site has changed over the years; and regardless of when it has been, it's never been out of realm of possibility that I might find a question that would make me do more research in order to write a more "formal" article than I generally ever have.

But, because what HP wants for Hubs these days my old approach of using questions (once called "requests") for finding subjects to turn into Hubs is a thing of the past.  In the "old days" the questions used to lend themselves well to less formal writing.  Since pretty much everything I've ever written online (whether here or on blogs and with the exception of any articles I've written for other people to use or buy) has been my "side thing", I've mostly stayed with subjects I already had some familiarity with or interest in.  Whether I've been looking for Hub ideas or just looking to take a break from other activities (or even when I've been looking to just kill a little time, for that matter), I've pretty much stayed with subjects that I could write about "from my own head".

More recently I've run into some subjects in questions, started a more formal article (either on this account or my other one), but I haven't had the time or enthusiasm for the Hubs to give them the right structure and additional stuff (pictures, etc.) - so some are just sitting there while some I may have deleted.

In any case, regardless of the subject, I've always leaned more towards trying to answer questions (in a Hub or just in the "Answers" discussions (or whatever this section has seemed to have become) that I thought I might have something unique to offer.

Anyway, I've never ruled out writing a more formal, more researched, type of Hub; but as I've so often said to one or another person, this online stuff has, for me, been my "instead of crossword puzzles or television (type of stuff).  Picking up a little income here or there has made my free-time efforts even more worth it.  Since the online, "writing-site" stuff has never been where my main focus/aims have been, I haven't had a lot of incentive to want to turn it (essentially) into a more structured/formal (but unstable) situation.

These days, it doesn't even look like people asking questions are even trying to come up with questions that might lead to a Hub.  This section looks more like a "shoot-the-breeze" affair.  Subjects I've considered writing researched Hubs on haven't come from here.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for commenting. I agree it ain't what it used to be. I do at times find some questions interesting and researching. I do begin to write about it. But, like you shared the type of article that gets views have changed too. But, I still come here

4. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

I have written at least 20 Hubs based on people's questions here, but answered over a thousand questions.
    It is a low percentage of the Hubs I've actually written. Sometimes I write the answer as a Hub as a challenge to myself or as something different from my standard topics.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have started hubs all year long, but never get them to Hub format. I research many questions that peek my curiosity. I really don't answer religious or political questions, but read them all for perspectives.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)