How do you feel about the repeal of Obamacare?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. wiserworld profile image84
    wiserworldposted 7 years ago

How do you feel about the repeal of Obamacare?

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

i feel its stupid, egotistical, partisan and mean. much like putin, who couldnt stand that an american criticized his dirty dealings, and so hacked our election, the republicans cant stand that a democrat put forth healthcare reform, and so must destroy it.
    or, it could go back to roosevelt and the great society...they have been fighting that since its inception. doesnt anyone other than me think its ridiculous to keep fighting these same fights over and over again? why cant we divide america and have two separate national governments?we spend our whole lives fighting different views. id rather live and let live, everyones happy. no one is changing their values, and frankly...why should we?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Proof that Russia didn't do it. You still voted for HRC.
      Obama lied when he said you could keep your own doctor and insurance plan. Then he mandated health ins giving the insurance companies a captive consumer. FDR sucked but not as much as Obama

3. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 7 years ago

Before the ACA, I went through cancer surgery with no insurance. While I managed to get through it without losing my house, I did have to pretty much wipe out my retirement fund to get everyone paid.

Why didn't I have insurance? Because I'm self-employed, and the premiums for a woman my age for even a low end insurance policy were roughly equal to my monthly mortgage payment.

After ACA, I had insurance I could afford. I saw the same doctor regularly for the first time in many years, which meant I had continuity of care. I no longer had to worry that, if my cancer were to recur, I'd end up losing my house.

How do I feel about the potential repeal of the ACA?

I feel like a bunch of rich white guys who have absolutely no clue about what people really need, and who have the means to buy any insurance they want, are screwing people like me, in order to give tax breaks to more rich white guys.

I feel like our elected officials are completely out of touch.

I feel like throwing 20 million people off their affordable insurance plans, and not having any plan to transition us toward is just cruel. It's saying we don't matter, and that we should just go ahead and die.

4. Annsalo profile image84
    Annsaloposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13352099_f260.jpg

I have mixed feelings. In my opinion, most of Obamacare is crap. The only positive I saw at all was the medicaid expansion. The part that gave "assistance". or covered a share of the cost for the person insured. I live in a state however that chose to opt out of all that so all we got were the completely useless parts.
    I hear a lot about preexisting conditions causing high costs for those with private insurance, but I have a couple of preexisting conditions and my husband has one also.
    The picture was the cost for insurance through Obama care. I'm not sure how anyone would afford the premium, let alone in a state where the average income is $42,000 a year. The deductible alone would eat up about a 1/3 of their income.
    All this while my private insurance has a deductible of $1500 per individual 3K a family, with a monthly cost of just over $400 for our family of 5.
    I should add, that just because people are signed up for Obamacare doesn't mean that it is affordable for them. Some states lucked up and got the lower costs, while the rest of us continue to get the same things we got before it. In an ideal situation we would get rid of Obama care, expand medicaid for those who are working and still struggling to afford insurance, open up pharmaceuticals to be bought from outside of the country, and put a cap on the amount drug companies and hospitals can charge for procedures.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12701646_f260.jpg

The useful parts of it could have been put into single line laws, such as pre existing conditions. These good points would be clear and regulations to enforce would be simple.
    Obamacare is too complex and even the congress that voted on it IMO didn't read it. It has been 6 years in the implementation and it won't be fully implemented until 2020.
    Obamacare passed the SC challenge simply because it was deemed a TAX, so we should change it with TAX reform. As a tax, it becomes the democratic presidents trilogy of taxes SS, Medicare, and ACA PPA. All three are mandatory taxes.
    -------
    (CNSNews.com) -- Bureaucracies in the Obama Administration have thus far published approximately 11,588,500 words of final Obamacare regulations, while there are only 381,517 words in the Obamacare law itself.

That means unelected federal officials have now written 30 words of regulations for each word in the law.

What is commonly known as the Obamacare law includes both the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (HCERA). Since these bills were signed into law by President Barack Obama in March 2010, various agencies in the administration have published 109 final regulations spelling out how they are to be implemented.

These 109 final regulations account for a combined 10,535 pages in the Federal Register, where the government officially published them.

The Federal Register presents the regulations in relatively small type with three columns of text on each page. CNSNews.com calculated that there is an average of 1,100 words on each of these pages
    ---------
    The other problem with the law as it is reference involves the integration with the previous laws, So when you read, or try to read the law, it adds and deletes while referencing the old laws. So it is a nested complex read.
    finally, it didn't allow you to either keep your old plan, or your Doctor. I don't know about you, but not being able to pick your old doctor that you trust is reason for you to reject obamacare.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

Picking a doctor is very important, and if the insurance plan doesn't allow for that, it could cost you your health and your life. Not all doctors are the same in knowledge, experience, ability, and importantly on your side.

2. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You have repeatedly summed up the best argument for reasonable regulations as opposed to Obummercare; as you say, single laws could have been passed to accomplish the good that is in Obummercare.  That can still be done with repeal of Obummercare.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

Hxprof
      I hope that will be the case. Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)