Are you so sure? Are you sure that my son cannot go on social media and see hate

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

Are you so sure? Are you sure that my son cannot go on social media and see hate? Are you so right?

A strange thing you folks teach. No one really can get your position. But young children can feel your hate -- oh They hate so we must call them on it and hate them back. You perfected Liberals/progressives and you pompous ass conservatives you have lost respect. I cannot teach my child from you. All I could teach him from you is hate. Nasty words claiming of superiority. Condemn our founding fathers but show me one cuss word written from their mouth. I cannot teach a  child civics by going to the source. It is nasty and deplorable and hateful.
    Are you proud?

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

It is impossible to go on social media and not see hate, Eric. Some of the recent stuff is deplorable and serves no good purpose. A great example for our children.. NOT!

Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just made a deal. My son can read what I post. Dang. Tough order. But I gather I owe him that so he can learn hate belongs -- over there and not here.

3. faith-hope-love profile image70
    faith-hope-loveposted 7 years ago

Eric Social Media has provided a broad Venue for the hateful to be spread and a good means of teaching our children, (Hate) and ways of how to express (Hate).  I am not on it that much, but when I do venture, I am confronted in some degree by it.  (Hate) it is there and your son cannot miss its many forms.

John we are at a particular space in time where the victims can hate with impunity while those not offended are held to a higher standard. I am thinking that maybe it is supposed to be that way. Social survival of the fittest. Sad.

4. Mel Carriere profile image86
    Mel Carriereposted 7 years ago

I feel your passion burning my eyeballs through my phone screen.  Fanaticism is never good, whether it comes from the left or right.  In my part time job I have a friend from the Philippines, a friend from Mexico, and a friend from Myanmar.  They are excellent, wonderful people. I am white as the pure driven snow, but I cannot be a hater.  That sounds like a lot of feel-good liberal rubbish, but it is true.  By not loving one another we cheat ourselves, no one else.

Chuc Mung Nam Moi. You made me think of the fact that with all the garbage going back and forth -- I at least, have not seen any "racial" divide. I am sure some claim it for attention grabbing. In Spring Valley you would be lonely.

5. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

hello....how do you think this prez got elected? how do you think women, muslims, people of color, immigrants feel with him in power? i'll tell you how my grandson feels. when he heard trump won, he said "i'm going to get locked up". when he heard trump speak about chicago, he said, "he's just going to go in and start shooting them". fish rots from the head. this has been a campaign of hate, "lock her up, lock her up"...even at inaugeration! and until people take responsability for THAT... its pretty easy to blame social media....i will say one thing it is good for: making people rich. people get rich spreading fake news, filled w hate. and when others spread it around, well there you go. what came first, the chicken or the egg? from my own perspective, no one else...the hate began with rush limbaugh in 1991, and its been downhill ever since.

I get it. The age old wisdom of fighting hate with hate. That has worked so well throughout history. Name the four most influential for positive change over the last 2 centuries. Did they match hate for hate?

2. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

well, the last couple i remember said only love can conquer hate...but then you have people preaching love, but acting on hate....how abou this: you will know them by their fruits. talk is cheap. and dont talk the talk unless u walk the walk.

3. Ericdierker profile image45

Fantastic Leslie. A great reminder for all who judge. By the way I judge you as very bright and intelligent. But I think positive judgment is OK.

4. lovemychris profile image77

oh, youve had quite negative judgement on me before...so much so that u asked me to stay off your hubs. and really, i CAN judge...im not commanded not to. you are.

5. Ericdierker profile image45

You would be wrong about that. I know for sure I did not ask you to stay off my hubs. But I have been wrong before. Or perhaps 4 years ago I should have??

6. lovemychris profile image77

no, you did. i would not make that up...what for? and you're not the only one. probly a good idea. my opinion on trump voters, you dont wanna know. good luck in trumpland. i wont bother your hp posts again!

7. Ericdierker profile image45

You are fully mistaken. You have never even visited one of my Eric's Sunday Sermons and left a note.

6. tsmog profile image86
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

I can wander pondering with the sentiments shared and expressed Eric. Hate is a topic unto itself and is not an emotion. Agreed . . . what lessons can be taught must be frustrating. We can read emotions in content, we can see it with images, and for some to many we interpret as hate. It is easily seen at FB, Twitter, and elsewhere while influences me and I am not a child, but still learn lessons such as recognizing hate, bullying tactics, and see the impact of the new rage - Fake News.

Tim your comment is very helpful. How we put together words has as much to do with understanding of the words themselves. The current stating of opinion or fears as fact is pretty disturbing.

7. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

There is a bad trend right now to assume that one cannot hold a contrary position unless it is based on hatred/fear/evil instead of being a reasoned one. It is lazy moralizing that my side is good/love/moral and thus the contrary side is evil/bad/hate.
    It also destroys the ability to have a rational debate because it denies the other side has a legitimate grievance or reasoned view in the first place.

Well said.

8. Dana Tate profile image82
    Dana Tateposted 7 years ago

Eric, there was a time when I thought this world was finally getting past racism and hate. I always thought the new generations would be more enlightened than their forefathers. Then I go on social media and realized that hate has taken on a new form. Still there but hidden more.

Dana. it draws me a little closer to that horrible feeling that hate is just as present in all of us as is love. I think worry and hate are our most horribly self inflicted wounds.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)