In UR darkest moments, is there 1 special person w/ whom U choose to confide....

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (31 posts)
  1. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 7 years ago

In UR darkest moments, is there 1 special person w/ whom U choose to confide.....Share

your secrets & deepest feelings with, to seek solace & comfort?  (Is this person, a family member, friend, professional or "other?"  You needn't  mention a name)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13414271_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

The lousy harlot is named Hang. She does not get me at all. But from over a decade ago she seems to be a fine captain of my ship. She leaves me alone in my anger. She leaves me alone in my weeping. She respects what is in and out of me.
    I do not run my rig straight down the river. I don't do things right, I do them sideways. She sees that and stands to the side so she can catch me when I fall. But she doesn't catch me -- she pushes me up and to the side to get a new perspective.
    If there is a better writer's best friend, i just think i have not seen her.
    A dark cloud being at least a 100 feet tall with and alien being within at two o'clock in the morning and she says -- "go boy and write". My cold sweat does not remind her of dead people she has no business in my battlefield. She tells me  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OqUuA6a0
    Don't need to share, she already knows. She is an angel with a direct connection with God for me.

fpherj48posted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's a wonderful thing 2 have a spouse one can be understood by & who doesn't need a lot of explanation Bcuz they just instinctively KNOW.  I'm sure U feel blessed.

3. shanmarie profile image70
    shanmarieposted 7 years ago

I never had anyone like that. Or just chose not to. As I got older and some things seemed dire, I had the desire to be able to be that comfortable with someone, that sure that nothing can break a bond. But experience has also taught me to be cautious even with those I trust that intimately. When someone is overwhelmed it can overwhelm those who care to the point they hold back or turn away. So I don't know if this really answers your question or not, but there it is.

Nothing wrong w/ Being an independent loner who prefers to work things out on her own. I can relate 2 the "trust" issues. We always gamble w/ that.  Soooo  How's UR method working 4 U?  smile

2. shanmarie profile image70
      shanmarieposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Depends. I am probably a little more open with friends than I used to be. But there are still times when I just sort of retreat or talk to friends without mentioning deeper thoughts on an issue or situation. Laughter is good and so is companionship.

3. fpherj48 profile image60

I suspect a bit of "I can do it myself" & "I know what's best for me." Why do I suspect this?  Because this is a huge sign of independent gals, of which I am a MAJOR party!!

4. shanmarie profile image70

My grandma used to say, "She's not stubborn; she just knows what she wants!"

5. fpherj48 profile image60

Ruby Jean...Something wrong that won't let me comment under yours!  Sorry hon!  Hope U see this!  Can't get better than MOM!  She's the best when it comes to comfort!

6. shanmarie profile image70

I noticed u can't comment 2x n a row on the same thread in the questions.

7. fpherj48 profile image60

Shan...We can only comment under another comment when the word "comment" is displayed. 4 some reason it did not show up so I could ans. Ruby. Can't respond 2X in a row?

8. fpherj48 profile image60

You mean...like THIS???     LMAO!!   I have secrets!!  You should know that!

9. shanmarie profile image70

Well, wtf, u need to spill ur secrets then b/c I couldn't get the comment button twice in a row on the thread I wanted. And I tried refreshing the page. Did you log out and back on??? And if I did it on mine, y couldn't u 4 Ruby? All she did was answ

10. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There, now you can continue

11. fpherj48 profile image60

NO   No & NO....Has nothing 2 do w/ logging in or out.What I tried 2 tell U was the BLUE wording...after we post, it normally displays "comment."  If it doesn't U can NOT comment! & U can't post 2x in a row!

12. fpherj48 profile image60

YOU, Shan Marie, can't post 2 in a row w/o the secret!!  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL.....

13. shanmarie profile image70

Thx, Eric. At least somebody loves me! I knew what I tried 2 tell me already. The blue button doesn't come twice in a row for me!it hasn't in awhile.

4. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

Today, not really a person more of muse. When in my darkest hours I write in my journal to my muse. I seek to explain, relate, interact, and confess openly. It is a cathartic experience at times with my muse living in my heart, mind, and soul. My muse is understanding, inquisitive, consoling, and provides insight. Once completed, I become more aware perhaps in a cosmic sense and with a hint of spirituality where answers arrive at times seen as inspiration.

Tim,  I can definitely appreciate UR use of UR muse 2 write it all OUT.  How easy & comfortable is that?  Seeing UR own thoughts in blk & wht. Being able 2 read & think. Solutions usually arrive!

5. Penny Sebring profile image90
    Penny Sebringposted 7 years ago

My husband. He never judges me and is always honest with me. He truly is my best friend.

1. always exploring profile image76
      always exploringposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When my mother was alive, I could ask her anything and she would do her best to help me along that particular path. I must say that I've not found that complete honesty since. A husband, a friend never reached that part of my heart that needed a smil

2. fpherj48 profile image60

Thank Heaven 4 UR kind of Husband!  They're nearby, loving & FREE!  4 Spouses to B best friends, is invaluable.  Good 4 both of U!  smile

6. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 7 years ago

There is  this One heart who hand out  a note  never to leave you nor forsake you and I accepted that as  a real thing since around ten. If there ever was a "dark moment " or I supposed to be seeking  "help" I either wrot a line for myself mostly ' get even ' I spoke silently conversing in my spirit world. Soon at age fifteen I went to live and support myself, living with " strangers" other ethnic / religious / language people not  my native; beeing occupied with living perspective, there was no human being around to assist. No one ever knew my "seecrets" there were none. Keeping company of the One who  knows  my innermost everything ; why burdening any human being when people are dealing with their  own preferences?

7. marcoujor profile image74
    marcoujorposted 7 years ago

I agree with Ruby...my Momma was the consummate listener - with no judgment and full acceptance.
    As she will always live in my heart, I consult 'her' on a frequent basis.

and as I told Ruby.....Can't get better than Mama!  At least "most" Moms and especially GREAT Moms like ours.  Bless their hearts!  Thanks Maria. Glad to see you!

8. Sunshine625 profile image86
    Sunshine625posted 7 years ago

My daughters (Chickies) are my go-to team. If I don't want to burden them I go-to my BFF. Most of the time I just figure it out on my own, I get into some crazy stuff in my life. Ha!!

Great choices, GF.  I'm quite close w/ my 4 sons, so I agree w/ UR habit of consulting your chickies. My sons R all so different, I have a confidant for 4 different kinds of issues!!  LOL...Hugs SFAM!  Be good!  Love, Effer

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I've about gone full hermit. I sit and chat at people online, and after that - I hardly ever see anyone other than my folks, and whatever visitors they have.

Wes,  Nothing wrong at all about being a sort of recluse-by-choice. Each experience & lesson in life, matures us toward less dependency upon "others." It's a comfort & acceptance in our own wisdom & self-assurance. Much 2 B said of silent

10. bravewarrior profile image86
    bravewarriorposted 7 years ago

I usually work things out on my own. If I really have a burning question that I need help in seeing all options clearly, I'll call my mom or my sister, depending on the issue.

Hey Sha....Not surprising a strong independent woman like yourself, relies on her own abilities& smarts to work things out!  I'm with you on that GF!  Nice new photo!  Write on!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)