Men...What is it that makes you fall in love with a woman?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 6 years ago

Men...What is it that makes you fall in love with a woman?

Perhaps you love a woman because of her character traits, or maybe you love her for reasons that seem almost intangible. What makes you love a woman? I call upon all honest answers. I'm not here to judge.
    Women also have their own individual perspectives, fair or not! wink

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13784367_f260.jpg

2. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 6 years ago

Two things I really have had no choice in, who my family was, and who I fell in love with.

It would have been wonderful if there was a rational checklist to go off of, I have had relationships that were thrilling, easy going, convenient, but when you really fall in love with someone you will know it, because you can't get free of it, and you will put your interests aside because of it.  It can be great, it can be tragic, but its not something you can just choose to be.

1. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Awesome answer! Still, are you willing to put that intangible into about words. Specifically, a whisper of 'something' must come to mind. I'd like it if women could begin to appreciate the perspective of men. I've no doubt you can contribute more...

Ken Burgessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You cannot not care about what happens to that person.

In my experience the connection is immediate and unexpected between two souls, I wasn't looking for it, didn't want it or have time for it, but it is what it is.  When it happens it happens.

3. profile image0

Ken, love is a mysterious thing, yet you got to the core of the matter. Sometimes it's about really caring despite ourselves.  BTW, thanks for ignoring my typos. smile

4. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

True, I told the Lady I am with now that I wasn't going to fall in love again. That was 3-1/2 years ago. It didn't take long and I was in love with this woman, like it or not.

5. profile image0

Lol. Love is thoroughly sneaky that way. Great story, gregas.

3. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 6 years ago

I believe it is mainly the way she makes me feel in my heart about life and confidence in myself.

1. profile image0

Another great answer, gregas. believe that women who back up a good man understand what life is all about. Your answer reminds me of the song, "Simple Man." Appreciate your answer!

2. tithi5683 profile image61
      tithi5683posted 6 years agoin reply to this

you r right

4. Perspycacious profile image64
    Perspycaciousposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/10781255_f260.jpg

It was said many years ago (in the 1950's) that "A man will meet 150 people in his lifetime that he could be happily married to for a lifetime."  I suspect that, with the advances in social media, that number has skyrocketed.

Some men fall in love more easily and readily than others, and some might even disdain it, if it were to actually happen to them.

I believe in "love at first sight."  But that "falling in love" that way is rare, unless it is mutual from the start.  Could it be that we knew that person in a preexistence?

I think men and women at some point have their "ideal mate" in mind before they even meet such a person, and if that "click" is there, some guardian angels may have been hard at work arranging their "chance" encounter.

There are millions (and more) "fine" people of both sexes.  Of the 150++ we will surely meet many in whom we finally  recognize those fine qualities.  With a shared mutual appreciation of each other's qualities and acceptable limitations (read that part again) a "match of destiny" can be fulfilled somewhere, sometime.

The idea that something "makes" a person fall in love, sounds more like what is far more likely to be seduction rather than "falling in love."  If that is what happened, the morning after (and a pill of the same name) ought to occasion second and third thoughts, if that is all it meant.

Fan worship doesn't hack it, nor does simple giddiness (one definition of which is "promoting or inducing inconstancy, fickle, flighty, heedless responses" clearly not something permanent and lasting.

There are countless books, poems, and romantic novels written on this subject, including wonderful love poems by Shakespeare...or were they by Bacon?

In any case, if you are open to real love happening to you, be the tall tree in the "Open" field and love's lightning will be more likely to strike almost without notice.

1. profile image0

The "tall tree"...."loves lightning." Your answer reads like a poem, Demas. I'm not surprised. Thank you!

5. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 6 years ago

Yves, you are asking for honest answers.
    I have never fallen in love with any woman; never had or desired a sexual relationship with one.
    Through the experiences of life, free of those distractions of attraction, I can have respect for a woman if I feel she deserves it, yet without desiring her.
    Yes, I am free to make my inner judgement, as others of your readers will now feel free to make their inner judgement of me.
    Just wait and watch!

1. profile image0

We have a number if people on HP who don't desire women or men, for that matter. No big deal, as far as I'm concerned. You probably save a lot of time. Lol. Thanks for being honest, Alan. I appreciate it.

Ken Burgessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Alan the only thing I can say is that a part of me envies you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)