Social Issue: Toy guns and weapons in the park!

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (114 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years ago

Yesterday, I went to the park with a friend and her grandchild, five year old Jenny. While there, my friend introduced me to a parent who often brings his son, Max, who is a school friend of Jenny's. While we adults were talking, Max ran up to his father in tears. He said, "Amid shot me in the back with his gun!" (A toy nerf-shooting gun.)
    The father said, "You take care of it! Just tell him not to do it and that you don't like it."

Well, I decided to take the matter into my hands after I saw that Amid and two other boys, about 7 and 9, were running all over the sandy playground area shooting their five or six inch long nerf bullets at each other and others. I told Amid not to shoot Max in the back with the nerf-gun because he doesn't like it.

The boy yelled out to his two friends, "Let's go find cool kids who don't mind … "

At that point, he reached behind his neck and pulled out what looked like an actual long knife from underneath his shirt! It was made of hard tough plastic and had a sharp tip. I exclaimed, "Whats that?!"
    I said, "You should not be playing with toys that look so dangerous!"
    "Its a sword!" Amid exclaimed.
    It was twelve inches long and it looked like a knife, not a sword. The mother, sitting nearby, quietly asked, "What do you think about the guns?"

She asked the question so tauntingly, I ignored her question.  I continued to insist that the knife should not be played with. Amid seemed to know it was better to agree with me and handed the knife to his mother.
    So, I went back to where I had been sitting.

However, the next thing I knew Max was running after the boys chasing them with the toy realistic-looking long knife!!!

What would YOU have done??

1. Mind your own business?
    2. Speak to Max's father?
    3. Speak to the mother of the boys with weapons?

I was quite alarmed, but my friend wasn't. "Its just a plastic knife, don't worry about it."

I was appalled that these parents were allowing this behavior.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image55
      The0NatureBoyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

KLH,

I don't know if you are a mother or not, I think not, so I would have followed the father's behavior and waited to see the results. Since he made no issue out of it reason should have pushed you to wait {is why I believe you are not a mother not remembering similar experiences}. had you been a mother you would have known that was just a child dissatisfied with something inquiring how to end it, a lesson for a childless parent.

As a mother you could have known "what would happen" but not being you had not actual experienced such situation, that was your lesson. However, I do see your concern with using toy weapons in a world of unceasing wars of all kinds, yet, one should, unless asked, take an objective view, karma has to work its way through every life-force.

Aloha

Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So, it was wrong to help a child, when his own parent wouldn't?

His parent help him, encouraged him to and how to speak up for himself in such a way that the other children would accept it. That is what happened, isn't it? what more help did he need?

2. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I had to laugh at this one. I think 'mind your own business' was the best advice.

As long as kids aren't hurting each other, it's all in fun. I think,maybe, you didn't raise boys?

I grew up with boys and they never acted like that nor would any parent of the day allow their children to act like that, as far as I know! Perhaps, these boys watch and play violent video games. Everyone, (young children through adults) are really used to violence today.

I had a son and a daughter. I allowed my son to play Mortal Combat when he was a young teen. When the next Mortal Combat game came out and showed the reaching in and pulling out of hearts, I put my foot down and refused to buy him the game.

He didn't even know what violence was at five!!! That innocent five year old in the park was charging at the older boys trying to stab them with the knife. They were running from him and he was chasing them.

I guess I am just a Pollyanna left over.

You have a bit of age on you as I do but we were allowed to play war games, without projecting toys that doesn't hurt in those days, but that didn't make us want to kill each other. I agree, toy makers are promoting killing, par for the course during these "end-time" days, in preparation for those who are not destined to survive the termination of civilization. Those who are destined for survival are not even interested in such games therefore, to prohibit the children who are interested in them from doing it is only heaping mental hurt on those who want to stop it although destiny can't be stopped.

Your self-analysis just might be correct.

My son, too, didn't play violent games. It's who he was. I didn't notice that the kids who did were worse for the experience.

I taught mine to live and let live.

3. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with you Kathryn.

Thank You!

2. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 6 years ago

Mind your own business. I don’t let my kid play with weapon toys but I wouldn’t ever insist that someone else’s child not do it. I’d be pissed if someone tried to parent my child when I was clearly right there and not letting her harm herself/anyone else.

The mother was facilitating the violent game playing. She allowed the five year old to take the knife. The father allowed the five year old to take the knife. These parents were not doing their jobs. I had a right to bring my viewpoint into the scenario.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Then the parents of the kids were there and watching.  Your input, particularly the "uncivilized" part was not needed.  It is not your place to police the world for what you find undesirable.  As others have said, "Mind your own business" and leave parents to mind theirs.

It is my place to speak up when something is wrong. My friend's grandchild was in the park. Oodles of other children were in the park. How would you like to see a child wildly chasing children trying to stab them with a knife which looked real?

Is it your place?  What makes your opinion any more valid than the one of those kid's parents?  I get that you don't like toy weapons, but others do, and their "like" is just as important as your "dislike".  For that matter it is more important, for it concerns only them whereas you are trying to enforce your dislike onto everyone around you.

I had a right to speak up. I spoke up for all the other people who knew it was wrong on a common sense level.

But apparently you were the only one with "common sense", which is kind of the point.  You do not have the right to impose your views on everyone around you.

Of course you have the right to speak as you wish - it is inherent in being in this country.  But when those words serve only to irritate others, with no other result, is it wise to speak them?  Or will you get a bloody nose one day for sticking it in other people's business?  Apparently you went around to other people's children, demanding that they behave as you thought was right, and did it right in front of those kid's parents.  If it were me, I would take pretty serious offense at you playing master to MY kid, and doubly so when they are doing nothing wrong!

I know how to be polite in a social situation, unlike the mother. When I saw she was not receptive, I retreated. Its okay wilderness. I know how to avoid a bloody nose. I am not like a (warrior-class) man. lol

I inspire and encourage. I do not force.
                  There is a big difference in attitude with this intention in mind.

2. Aime F profile image70
        Aime Fposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think it’s really rude to try to parent someone else’s child (unless in a dangerous situation or if the parent isn’t around). I see people making parenting choices that I disagree with every single day but I keep my mouth shut because people are allowed to raise their kids however they want, and I know I certainly wouldn’t be happy if someone tried to tell me I was parenting wrong when I feel I’m doing the best I can.

If you feel you must involve yourself then do as psycheskinner said and mention it to the parents rather than overriding them by telling the kid what to do.

3. Live to Learn profile image61

No, you didn't have that right. You were not a parent of any of those children. Had I been the parent of any of those children I'd have told you to mind your own business.

This idea that seems to be prevalent in society today, that every one has the right to demand everything be done their way, is (at best) irritating.

Back in the days when living wasn't as dangerous parents expected the community to assist in directing their children but those days are gone behind the "I, me and mine" mentality where "mind your own business" is the law.

How times have changed n my 73 years of living.

1. gmwilliams profile image83

Yes, the community via neighbors were more involved in children's lives.   Also if relatives lived nearby, they were also involved in children's lives.   If a child did wrong, neighbors & relatives stepped in & even informed the parents of the wrongdoing.  Today, neighbors & relatives would be told to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS by the parents & even the child.

… even the child. This is a recent trend.

Oh yes, children readily will tell someone to ****** off if they believe that a well-meaning person intrude in family affairs.

… or look through you as though you were a ghost, or ignore you as though you are not there, or talk back as though you were a peer. I've seen it all.

Then again, many are (still) little rays of sunshine. smile

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

It was a public place. It was wrong for the father to not help his child and tell this young five year old to deal with it himself. Children need to be directed by adults in charge to do the right thing. There were oodles of other children who could have gotten caught up in this type of "play", including Jenny, my friend's grandchild.

So just sit back and let the Karma of getting hurt by the nerf bullets which could have hit eyes or ears or if someone falls on the so called toy knife and gets wounded …

not to mention that it is fine if children play in such an uncivilized way in the park while parents and children are trying to have a PLEASANT day?
    humph. sad

In this world of "karma" everything anyone does is right for them, everyone's true guidance comes from within and not from people outside of them. WE are to question things and relate them to the vision, if we have one, of what is happening to the world. If we don't have a vision we are only fulfilling our own karma par the course.

The people who were destined to "have a PLEASANT day" had one, your destiny was to become distraught, accept it and learn from it.

I spoke up for the many children who knew it was wrong. I didn't explain the rest of the story: After I saw the child chasing children trying to stab them with the knife, I got up and said loudly, "He should not be playing with that knife!"  The mother told me to mind my own business and I told her to mind hers … as in take that knife and put it away. I left it at that. But all the children and most parents probably/hopefully knew it was wrong for that five year old to wield a knife, toy or not, in a slashing destructive manner. Children learn as they are allowed to do and are taught ... especially 1-6. Of course, no one wanted to know what my concerns were based on. The mother just wanted me to mind my own business, but at a park, all children are everyone's business. What mother or father would not immediately help a child who has fallen off the play equipment or is having trouble with other children.

… or would they just sit there and do nothing to help an injured or picked-on child.

The knife was seriously scary looking.

The way I see (saw) It.

You can't get "right/wrong" judging out of your mind, man-en-mass are NOT qualified to make right/wrong judgments, most at best only see 180 degrees when there is always 360 degrees to everything. You paid your "karmic debt" and they paid theirs, hopeful you all did learn something form the event and let it go at that.

Like I also said somewhere although not in this exact way since most people believe I'm loony when I say it: we are in the last days of this civilization and those who are destined to survive it are being guided not to practice "violence" while some, maybe like you, are destined to not survive but now willing to do violence, which is also karma. As we become "enlightened, reborn, spiritual" or any of the other concepts used for the survivors, we are able to watch without making judgments and act without without the right/wrong mindset as our karma is to the next plane rather than on earth.

Aloha.

Well, maybe I am one of the ones from Atlantis who saw the negative effects of not bringing children up in wisdom and knowledge.

This same child, "Jenny" not her real name of course, was instructed by her grandmother and her daughter to tell a waitress that it was her birthday so she would get a free bowl of ice cream. I had wondered why the child kept telling everyone it was her birthday and that she is six years old. Apparently, she took it literally that it was her birthday. That it was not true didn't occur to her.
            Children live what the learn and see in their world. (Or was she just capitalizing on the freedom of telling untruths. Most children know what day their birthdays are.)

Of course, I yelled at the grandmother (we were in the car driving home from the park) and told her to never do that again. And I asked Jenny if she knew it had been wrong to tell the waitress it was her birthday when her birthday is five months away and that it was a lie. She nodded her head yes. What if I had not said A WORD? Actually, after realizing that "Laura," her grandmother, and her daughter have such low morals, I have decided to avoid them entirely.

That is the appropriate thing to do address such things a d leave it. It was your karma to address it that one time - maybe to set "Jenny" on a path out of "low morals" and into the path of understanding behavior - then leaving them was the appropriate thing. Why bang your bone head against bricks?

and give pearls to swine? I agree.

The child will give them the lessons they need.
                I cry about that.
                … for every parent.
                But they will learn as they go.

what am I saying??
                no, I will always be around to instruct, inform and use my lifeguard voice if have to … I am like Captain Underpants! 

(Recently saw that movie with Jenny and her grandmother. lol)
                ( Jenny liked it, but I did not think it appropriate for a five year old. Thankfully, it ended well)

My mother, being a school teacher and traditional Christian, thought she knew truth but in the process taught me to lie. What I explained had happened more than once but she could not wrap her head around it and whipped me calling me a lie. Discovered when I lied she believed me.

I've gone through much to get this understanding of life, but, when one love something as I love wisdom one is willing to pay the price for it.

Not all love wisdom and it seems, less and less.
                    I wish I could just let them fall. Should I? But, I seem to think I can help. Maybe I can't and I really should just be quiet. Will my efforts to help, hinder?
                    If so, I guess I could just let them reap their karma.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

The mother, if her ambition is to foster and facilitate warrior-class citizens, should keep them in her own back yard or somewhere else, but not in a public place designated for the peace and safety of all. How would you feel if a parent, who had been giving his/her children karate lessons, lets them karate-chop and kick each other and other children, (even those much younger than them!) in the park?

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Should those who are elders (in this case, me) in society not be respected and listened to? (I was a lifeguard in the past and am currently a substitute teacher.)

Furthermore, guns and knives are used for killing … people! in this case.

When we were young, we were instructed to never point our cap guns directly at anyone, ever.
    and we didn't.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

"had you been a mother you would have known that was just a child dissatisfied with something inquiring how to end it, a lesson for a childless parent. As a mother you could have known "what would happen" but not being you had not actual experienced such situation, that was your lesson."

My lesson was to realize I could have left the park.
    … or to look the other way, since I didn't have my own car.
    They can learn their own lessons. Who are they to me?
    That's what I'll do next time:

Look the other way.

6. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 6 years ago

The real concern that I would have had here would have been what happens if the police come along? Remember the kid who was running around pointing his toy gun at everyone, and allegedly pointed it at the police? They shot him to death because they didn't know whether or not it was a toy. I agree that a child should never be allowed to take a toy gun or toy knife to a public park. There is also the chance of a lawsuit if their child injures another child. However, you were taking a chance by correcting their child or children. I know from experience.
    One evening a friend and I were having dinner at a Mexican Restaurant when a yuppie couple came in with two girls who looked to be about 13 years old. Just as they walked by our table, one girl leap-frogged onto the other girl's shoulders and kicked out. Her foot came into the space over our table and almost kicked my friend in the face. Now being a woman and a senior citizen, she immediately reacted with a "stop that! You nearly kicked me in the face!" The yuppie mother told her "they're cousins, and they love each other." My friend said that they should have better manners in public. The woman said that you shouldn't come to a public place if... insinuating that if you don't want to be kicked in the face, don't eat in a public restaurant. Then the man told my friend "Lady you are rude."
    I didn't go to her defense because I was afraid that would only escalate the situation. Everyone in the restaurant was glaring at us like we were in the wrong, including the Mexicans who ran the place. We paid our bill and left, and we never went back to that place again.

I hear ya.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

My lifeguard self gets me in trouble. I was in the bank when a teller was held up. I witnessed the whole thing, as the guy ahead of me demanded money.  As he took off, the teller was in tears, so I whipped around and yelled, "Stop him! He just stole money!" He turned around and with his hand in his coat pocket, like he had a gun … said, "You want some of this?"

I said, "No" and quickly shut up.

( ... it ended up being a toy gun according to the paper which reported the incident. They caught the guy not too far away because another concerned citizen had run out and got his license plate no.)

I should have left well enough alone. He could have shot me, I guess. (If it had been a real gun.)

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

On the other hand, I am glad I stepped up and communicated my concerns yesterday in the park.

I do not see myself putting on blinders and refusing to communicate with my fellow man. That's what America is all about: Freedom of speech.

As John Stuart Mill said, "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that.

We need both sides of an argument or issue to gain true understanding and perspective. Furthermore, we must say what others are thinking, but afraid to say.

How many parents were glad I spoke up?

I agree that "We need both sides of an argument or issue to gain true understanding and perspective. Furthermore, we must say what others are thinking, but afraid to say," and especially when our view is "I, ME, MY" instead of the 306 degrees available to us.

Aloha

Thank You!

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

People who do not want to listen to your understanding of the facts, want you to be quiet.

However, I will not stay quiet in the face of evil and wrong doing.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

As common sense slips away, we should sit by and let it?

"Common Sense" is NOT common per say. On a worldwide scale, only about 10% of man will have anything close to a common understanding and they are scattered as all over the earth, that is why it appear to not exist at all.

There is places where some parts of several people's understands is common but when one get beyond that point you will not, usually, find anyone with your common understanding. It is like fruit ripening on a tree, every fruit on the tree are in different stages of ripening, some are at various levels of over-ripe, some of only ripe and the mass - unless late in the season - are in various states of green; so it is with man today, only those ripe or beyond will have the most in common, the others can't "wrap their minds around what the "reborn and etc." are saying.

Thus, cannon is relative to one's "spiritual education".

Aloha

There is common sense and it is based on the laws of Nature and Nature's God.

We need to become conscious of the laws of nature and I am helping, by speaking up. Yes, I will get myself into hot water and even fired, which has happened, but it is the price of truth, freedom of speech and caring about the world.

That is exactly what I said, what you are calling god established ecological living but man-en-mass - the below ripe fruit - are far from it. Those few on the ripening side are those who will have the most in common. We can't become conscious of ecological living unless we stripe ourselves of social living to learn  man's ecological nature.

Many people care about the world but few know what is actually is required to do anything about it. MOST are looking at it through "judgmental adjectives" eyes when ecological living has no right/wrong judgments. You are paying a social price for not knowing the law you desire to live.

what have I to LOOSE, pray tell? I am standing up for children as Jesus did.

Are you living ecologically like him which qualified him to do what he did?

HOW WOULD THAT BE?

Matther 19:29 and 28:19-20 are two examples. You live with few clothes, little comforts, not caring about your general appearance, not being attached, forsaking all judgmental adjectives like good/evil, god/devil, right,wrong, pretty/ugly and the like. Once you get there your understanding will expand endlessly.

… live like Jesus? living in the wilderness during the summer months, and in other people's homes during the cold months ... if he did not have that special mission, he would have continued working as a carpenter in his own home.

No, my mission is not THAT intense. I am a civilized person living in a civilized society. I can become enlightened with material comforts. One should get what one needs to be comfortable and healthy. That is good for the self and good for others. Look at the poor homeless people living in poverty making others and the state try to figure out what to do for them. No thanks.

The Way I See it

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

How did I become so enlightened? I studied/study Dr. Maria Montessori. (and mentored with a woman who worked directly under Montessori.)

Books: The Secret of Childhood
          The discovery of he Child.
          These are the instruction books for understanding the needs and nature of The Child.

Being a child who wanted education instead of school made me discover and remember "The Nature of Being A Child" which has made me a "reborn" person because of it.

Yes, I felt, ever since I was four, that something was going on dreadfully wrong around me.

I discovered at 6 months old after being left in a "rails up baby bed" asleep, woke up to an empty house and began crying which turned into "scream crying" to no avail when a bodiless voice said "you might as well be content, no one is coming to get you" and I obeyed to get praises from my mother when she returned. Unbeknown to me until after my 1963 "new conception", that voice had been my guide every since and why I am who I am.

Good to know!

11. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

If other people parent in a way you don't like, yes, you should sit by and let them.  If you insist on being a busy body take it up with the adult, not the child.

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I would love to just worry about MY little life.

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

" not caring about your general appearance,"

Benjamin Franklin advised:
    Eat for yourself, but dress for others.
    What great advice!

But thats just me.

So, this isn't your time for "everlasting life" as Christians call it, you will have other incarnations that perspective reveals.

No, never said it was. I do expect to come back. I would rather not, but I don't even like to meditate. sad Its dreadful when that is the surest to path to Transformation.

1. lovetherain profile image80
          lovetherainposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why do you think meditation is the surest path to transformation?

How else?

I don't know. Do you know this from personal experience?

Jesus said: if your eye is single your whole body will be perceived as light. In those days they did not know what energy was. He used he word light.
                We are made of energy. Is energy light? An electrician might tell us that light and energy are not the same. I don't know.
                It just makes sense that the surest way to transform consciousness is to go to where the soul operates from: In the middle of the forehead, right between the eyebrows: the single eye.

the Ajna chakra

never heard that term

2. The0NatureBoy profile image55

What is normally called meditate isn't anything I do so it is not "the surest to path to Transformation", rebirth is but not on the strength what most Christians claim it is.

It still isn't too late, we have until the chosen are "closed up in Armageddon" before it is too late.

14. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I was just at Chucky Cheese with Jenny and her grandmother. While there I noticed a man holding his baby while he played a very violent video game. The ten month old baby girl was sitting on the game top between his arms while his hands operated the guns which were shooting and blowing away human looking automatons on the game screen. The baby looked on in confusion and distress.

I am happy to report that I lived and let live.
    Yes, I said nothing!!!!

15. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

People today have no common sense yet want the power to make decisions and run their lives however they darn well please.

Have at it.

who am I to get socked in the nose?

These 2 last post are the sensible thing to do. We are responsible for ourselves when living alone and what we see others do is their business unless they inquire of us or one's inner voice instruct us to do something.

You COULD have spoken to the father who may have explained this to you BUT YOUR DESTINY REQUIRED YOU TO POST IT HERE where this discussion would reach more people. Destiny has it's way of doing thing where it benefits the most.

Actually, the responses here have helped me a lot. I was able to handle this situation yesterday:

The low-morals grandmother who I should be avoiding tricked me into babysitting the child. I went along with it because the inner voice (thank you TheO) told me to help the child. (Jenny stayed with me for about two hours.) Afterwards, the grandmother brought us to Chucky Cheese to let Jenny play in the arcade.

On the way home, this wretched woman started griping about how she had to babysit the child and its not fair because she didn't have any time for herself that day ... bla bla bla in front of poor Jenny!  Aughh … I stopped her saying it was RUDE … I almost used my lifeguard voice, but I calmed down and said, "Its rude to me." and she ceased.

At another point she started railing about the child refusing to put on her seat belt attached to the car seat, which as everyone knows is hard for adults to do, let alone a petite five year olds. Besides, Jenny was hyper-tired from way too much stimulation at the arcade.

Well, I was unfamiliar with the seat belt and to make a long story short SHE had to get out of the drivers seat to do it, complaining and accusing the child of being obstintate and lazy etc. I was appalled at this treatment. But I said calmly: "You can raise your child as you wish, but I prefer to use compassion and empathy. I believe she is tired."

I left it at that and the grandmother seemed to contemplate what I had said.

Did I do good?

Thanks for the "perk" but it is not me but spirit working through us.

No, you didn't do good, the only thing that is good is "g-o-o-d" the word, everything else "is what it's nomenclature calls it" and not a judgment. You followed your inner guide, as it should be at all times - why you posted it her - and received input concerning your action which, I believe, led you to spiritual growth.

I thanked you because you made the effort to address my posts. You. I thank You.
            and the Spirit of You

We followed our inner guide, Aloha

Then there are those with no common sense who want the power to run around playgrounds running everyone else's lives.

Not sure I'm willing to think 'have at it' is the appropriate response.

Have at it means: you may live according to your own sense.
        I will not interfere unless asked or the situation is truly dangerous.
        Like if a child has a REAL knife.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

Well, one would hope that would eventually include not bad mouthing people behind their back on public forums.

As she said, LtL, the name was not the actual name which means she was seeking some "self justification" for her actions instead of "bad mouthing". There is always 360 degrees to every situation, overlooked words often leads to 180 degrees or less by an observer.

Yes, it was a case study. I guess its not a good use of forums.
              I will refrain in the future.

That depends on your inner guide whether or not to do it here, if you encouraged it is for only me to reply, Fan Mail will work.

cool.

3. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

People today have no common sense yet want the power to make decisions and run their lives however they darn well please.

Have at it.

who am I to get socked in the nose?
      -------------
      I am sorry, but I find that stance a bit arrogant. Who does not want the power and the right to run their lives as they please? I am free, black and over 21 and I insist upon that right.

What passes for 'common sense' often times is relative.

16. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

This is no fun. I am done.

17. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
  18. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I worked on my poem the other day which I had found on another forum thread (thanks, gmwilliams) regarding the color, Indigo blue.

Makes sense, now that I see it clearly:

Indigo blue is deep and calm

Seen in floating icebergs, 

And in the depths of a newborn's eyes,

And in the expanse of the heavens.

Indigo blue is a lingering chill,
    Felt before the dawn
    And seen in the hues of a starry night
    Which warm with the climbing sun.

Indigo glows in the base of a flame,
    And in the shadows of sunsets,
    Looming long upon the dunes,
    Before an indigo ocean.

19. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

The color of aggression and violence is red, the first chakra.
    http://www.chakra-anatomy.com/root-chakra-colors.html

It's not all bad though. It gives us our survival instinct. It just needs to be regulated by the higher spiritual chakras.

Yes, but frustration and thwarted positivity can bring on aggression.

From the link:

"Challenges

anger and rage
        frustration
        resentment
        anxiety
        depression"

… and that is an excellent point:
        The first chakra is totally beneficial/vital "when regulated by the higher spitiual chakras."

20. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

… playing with guns and knives which activate violence and aggression, (the red chakra) is not appropriate in a park where people congregate to have a good time, celebrate birthdays, play in the sand and on the grass,

as far as I believe.

...but thats just me.

21. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

This latest shooter was most likely very familiar with guns and the violence and aggression which prompts the shooting of guns. His motivations possibly stem from a combination of many factors including playing violent video games, watching violent movies, pharmaceuticals and bad parenting.
    Will these factors ever be looked into and disclosed.

No.
    Could be construed as bad-mouthing.

22. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Parents are vital when raising their children. They can bring them, (or more accurately, KEEP them) in the higher chakras …

If you ask me, which no one did.

That would be true if we were still back in time but time is, prophecy interpreted, no more than 10 years from now with Armageddon being closed no more than about 4 years hence and the rest to kill each other off by 2028. That said, for those of us working on our spiritual selves we must leave those not working to enter Armageddon, unless spirit directs differently, alone while seeing it with understanding of karma at work.

23. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

This latest shooter killed students at the high school where he had been expelled after being discovered with bullet casings in his backpack, after breaking up with a girl friend ...
    He had had a rough life since birth and maybe even before birth - in the womb, if his parents had been drinking alcohol or taking drugs.
    His adoptive parents had both died.
    He had just broken up with a girlfriend.
    It was Valentines day.
    And you say this is a gun issue.

It was a love issue - a severe lack of it.
    Maybe he never should have been conceived.
    Theo will say he has cosmic/karmic lessons to learn.

Maybe we all do.
    https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/jo … red-flags/

Yes, sort of. The0 [zero] will definitely say that is either karma paid off or being established for him in future "end time scenarios". You got me LOL in the library, thanks for it.

24. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

"Cruz had a gun. The family knew that, but they had established rules.

He had to keep it in a lockbox

--> in his room. yikes!!!!

------> Cruz had the key to the lockbox, yikes!!!!

the attorney said.'This family did what they thought was right, which was take in a troubled kid and try to help him, and that doesn't mean he can't bring his stuff into their house. They had it locked up and believed that that was going to be sufficient, that there wasn't going to be a problem. Nobody saw this kind of aggression or motive in this kid, that he would ever do anything like this,' Lewis said.

AND YET: "A former classmate said Cruz had shown him guns, and other students say they worried he was violent. Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel alluded to Cruz's mental fitness during a news conference, while Broward County Mayor Beam Furr said the teen 'had been dealing with mental health issues … He had been undergoing some treatment. We can't go into detail on that,'  (Why not?)
    "'He had not been back to the clinic for over a year, so there's been a time where he was receiving treatment and then stopped.'"

Why was he allowed to buy guns?
    He broke gun laws.
    Why weren't the laws enforced, concerning his age, his demeanor and mental health history??

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/nikol … index.html

That means it was the students' fault for not notifying school officials but that is also their karma in producing or paying it off.

25. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

"Police say Cruz was armed with multiple magazines and at least one AR-15 style rifle. The suspected shooter bought the firearm in the past year and had passed the background check to make the purchase, according to a US official briefed on the investigation."

HOW  HOW  HOW
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

26. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

"Cruz's disturbing behavior also included several threatening comments under videos on YouTube and other sites. They include:
    'I wanna shoot people with my AR-15'
    'I wanna die Fighting killing s**t ton of people'
    'I am going to kill law enforcement one day they go after the good people.'
    In September, a YouTube user going by Nikolas Cruz posted a comment to a vlogger's YouTube page, saying, "Im going to be a professional school shooter." A law enforcement official confirms the FBI received a report about the post."

… the FBI received a report about the post. Why did they not follow up?  They should have called him.

Preparing for the finial days of civilization plus the fact they are attempting to get the earth's population down to about 10% of today's population for "Lucifer" but not in the way prophesied.

27. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Kids who do not have parents (at least one) to bond with, become angry.
    http://time.com/5161203/republic-of-flo … t-militia/

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000!

He was ripe for the picking? set up, as the Las Vegas man was …?
        for the sake of taking away our gun rights.
        Hate to say it, but …

28. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Most schools are VERY hard to get into. How did he get in?

29. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Q.Why was he allowed to buy guns,"multiple magazines and AT LEAST one AR-15 style rifle," considering his MENTAL HEALTH/ILLNESS issues (had been under "treatment") ?
    Q. Why weren't gun laws ENFORCED?
    Q.  Why did the FBI FAIL to follow up when they were given a tip(s)?
    Q. Most schools have VERY good security. HOW did he get in?
    Who facilitated his training in the use and practice of shooting weapons? (He had become a "very good shot" in a MILITARY program.)
    A. Deep State

I will not delve into explaining some of the inside knowledge I know but I will say the USA is who "Lucifer" or the 0.001% of the rich who has set themselves up as god is using to bring it about BUT it will not happen like that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)