Can you really have a relationship with someone you don't trust.

Jump to Last Post 201-240 of 240 discussions (265 posts)
  1. Miisous92 profile image61
    Miisous92posted 7 years ago

yes ,you can but you need to depend on yourself.i mean don't make stop over him be independent ,to me love someone is not having them all the time ,when i love i set free
    and that's what you can do
    go on in your life..

2. mdiggs1234 profile image69
    mdiggs1234posted 7 years ago

OK...so i know that there are a lot of couples in relationship like this, but this is not healthy.    You can be in a relationship where there is no trust, but it's not good for you.     Trust is one of the main contributors to be in a healthy relationship.   Not trusting your mate can cause major problems and have you wondering where your mate is, and who they may be with!     I would say, "get out of this relationship fast" ...

3. Julie Nou profile image56
    Julie Nouposted 7 years ago

Although this may seem an obvious question, let me try answering it anyway.

We all knew about the Love chapter in the Bible (1 Corinthians 14). It says a lot of things there about Love. For example, it says "Love is patient, Love is kind, Love envieth not" - how can you be patient when you can't wait for your partner to go home without thinking something else happened why he comes home late?

If you don't trust someone, it's inevitable to feel something different. You think you still love the person, but really you aren't anymore. Maybe you're afraid you'll be alone again?

If he has done something wrong right now, If you saw he is as he is, it's not gonna change nor gonna matter 5 years from now. Yes, I do believe that people can change, but majority don't, and they always wind up to who they really are.

You know what is best for you, I know it is in the back of your head, you just don't want to let go. My advice: just do it -- break up and move on. I know, it's gonna get worse before it goes better. But you'll be okay.

4. S R Gibby-Brown profile image86
    S R Gibby-Brownposted 7 years ago

No. No. No. And no. Absolutely not. No.

Trust is mandatory in a relationship. You can give it time and hope that they earn your trust. But if you don't trust them the relationship will slowly deteriorate. Instead of letting the relationship waste away painfully, end it. Use that time to heal and move on instead of waiting on someone whom you don't trust and you don't know will change.

5. Sabrina Cameron profile image84
    Sabrina Cameronposted 7 years ago

I believe trust is the foundation to any solid, stable, lengthy relationship.  I don't believe you can be completely in love with someone if you don't trust them.  There are 2 basic reasons why someone doesn't trust their partner:
    1-You have been cheated on in the past and have generalized trust issues.
    2-Your significant other has lied or cheated on you and has given you reason not to trust them.
    If the first reason is what is holding you back from trusting your significant other then you must take time to work on yourself and get your emotional well being to a healthy place again.  You haven't healed from the trauma of your past if you are carrying what others did to you into your current relationship.  This prevents you from giving all of you to the person you are with.  That's why it is imperative that people take time after a breakup to fully heal and let go of the prior relationship before getting into another one.  If you don't do that, you unintentionally make your new partner suffer for previous partner's mistakes.
    If the reason for your distrust is the second reason I listed, then you have to take steps to attempt to rebuild that trust. It isn't an easy process and both of you have to be dedicated to rebuilding your foundation. You have to be able to talk openly about what has caused your mistrust and your partner has to listen without downplaying what you are feeling. Your partner has to be willing to answer questions openly and honestly. They also have to go above and beyond to prove that they are worthy of your trust again. As you move through this process, you will have to be willing to loosen the reigns and see if your partner is going to break your trust again. It is a very tedious process and if both people aren't fully committed to doing this then the relationship will fail. There is no set timeline on when the process will be completed so it can become very draining on both parties involved.

6. David Branagan profile image76
    David Branaganposted 7 years ago

Nope. Not possible. Once trust is gone, it takes quite a while to come back again. I'd advise the couple to start constructively building up their trust for one another, or just give up before it gets worse.

7. Sadia Mushtaq profile image60
    Sadia Mushtaqposted 7 years ago

To be in love means trust, often people confuse simple attraction and being attached to someone as love.
    Relationships that start with doubts are bound to go through a very rough road, but it is only with time that you can truly see if it was mere attraction or love, and if it was love, then learn to trust, be brave to accept your insecurity and embrace what the other person gives. But if time and again you fail and instead of enjoying each other you fight and constantly give your mind a a run on bad thoughts, then its best to part ways and be with someone worth your time.

8. trickystuffs profile image58
    trickystuffsposted 7 years ago

No totally not because trust is one of the basic part of any relationship without trust a bank account can't be open and it's relationship afterol, a decision of life. And I can challenge for this relationship cannot be perfect without trust anymore..If it's going without trust then that's not relationship that's your need and you are mean. I have read psychology facts here and it can be easily understood on this page http://www.trickystuffs.com/category/psychology-facts/ as I found it beneficial

9. profile image50
    Madona Dickensposted 7 years ago

You Must Have Trust In Your Partner My Partner Raped Me Im 6 Months Pregnant  And I Told Him He Said He Will Be The Father But Then Found Out He Cheated On Me And She Is Now 1 Month Pregnant

10. fogut profile image60
    fogutposted 7 years ago

It depends on what kind of relation you wanna have and for how long. What does it about like if you love someone and want to spend the rest with him/her then say no, on the other hand if you want just a one night stand then it will be okay.

11. profile image0
    lindaspeaksposted 6 years ago

No, because if you can't them your relationship would never work. Because you would always be worrying about what they are doing or if they are with someone else. Plus you could never be romantic with a person you don't trust.

12. cyberspider profile image55
    cyberspiderposted 6 years ago

Contact a good hacker he helped hack my husband's phone and gave me access to his phone from my computer contact him via email to spiderdarkwebhacker@gmail.com
    Please tell hi Prisca referred you
    Thanks

13. profile image51
    Anna Cruzposted 6 years ago

Trust should be in any kind of relationship , the main thing in a relationship is trust because your sharing who you are with that person, not being able to trust that person you won't be able to share your thoughts or problems with them. if you don't trust then you will feel lost and will get hurt .

14. profile image53
    hasan22posted 6 years ago

Yes I have a relationship With a women Whose name is Dina.She is very beautiful but very liar.She always speaks false story,moment and other things.But for is false a lot of man fall in danger.Love should be pure .Love never cheats anyone so at lastly I want to say that.Make your relationship such a man who never cheat you..

15. Njoki Milkah profile image59
    Njoki Milkahposted 6 years ago

There us no relationship without trust. Trust is the root of every relationship whether lovers or family member.
    I can not work with trust.

16. Dana Breion profile image59
    Dana Breionposted 6 years ago

Of course you can if you like being insecure.
    But ultimately, I'd hope you prefer to be happy.
    A relationship is based on trust. Without trust it's probably not worth it.

Choose what makes you happy. It's makes life a lot easier.

17. Deborah Minter profile image91
    Deborah Minterposted 6 years ago

Every situation is different.....it's not a good sign or beginning, if you don't trust the person you are in a relationship with.

18. Faith correya profile image61
    Faith correyaposted 6 years ago

The answe is No, plain and simple. You'll never be comfortable neither happy in such a relationship. If you can't avoid it for whatever reason, find ways to draw the line and stay detached or else you'll get hurt.

19. profile image0
    marcuscaineposted 6 years ago

No. It is impossible to have a relationship without trust.

Unless you are a spy, but that isn't really a relationship.
    That is just manipulation.

20. snowchow profile image60
    snowchowposted 6 years ago

The simple answer, no, you cannot have a friendship, a partner, a lover or a spouse without trust.

You need to ask yourself why you are in a relationship with someone you don't trust. Did they have your trust and then lose it, or did you never trust them to begin with? If it's the first situation then maybe they can regain your trust, but even giving them that opportunity is an inherent display of trust, so it might be a wash. If it's the second situation and you never trusted them to begin with, then end it now, and go figure out why you were in a relationship with them in the first place.

People say trust is earned, but I think we give everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. So if your trust has been abused maybe they were never trust worthy.
    If you really want to look for a serious relationship, you can try dating sites.
    www.luxurydatingapp.org

21. GoodnewsBassey profile image60
    GoodnewsBasseyposted 6 years ago

No trust, No love, because trust is the first thing in any relationship

22. profile image52
    kellyksposted 6 years ago

Having a relationship with someone you do not trust is like heading towards a cliff. There will be nothing more than agony and torture in such a relationship. If you cannot trust someone how can you decide to spend your life with him/her. Trust is indeed the foundation of a strong relationship. So once you feel that the trust is missing from your or from your partner, it is guaranteed that the relationship will fail. No matter what you do, if you and your partner do not trust each other you guys will fail miserably. My sister had one such relationship where in the guy did not trust her at all. She did what all she could to get his trust but he was never trusting her and at the same time not even letting her go. Eventually she confided all this in her cousin brother and sought help from him so that he can save the relationship. Which according to me was the biggest mistake she made, almost like the nail in the coffin. Our cousin went to talk to him and that guy started doubting that my sister was in relationship with her cousin brother. He got mad and asked her not to get in touch with the cousin ever again but she realized his madness and kept on talking to the cousin. After a few days this guy threatens the cousin and reveals all the personal relationship details to him. Our cousin told our entire family about it. We were devastated beyond words as how could someone be so childish or foolish. It was then my sister decided not to get into a relationship where trust is missing.

23. shon1121 profile image70
    shon1121posted 6 years ago

Trust is vitally important.  Both must have it.  Insecurity is common.  It will harm one or both and put pressure on relationship.

You can get ill with worry, similarly the mistrust can present itself in a neediness or controlling behaviours which are no good.  Love is not easy but it sure is good if you both get it right.

24. Larry Fish profile image67
    Larry Fishposted 6 years ago

My answer to that is a flat out, NO! Trust is the most important thing in a relationship. If you can't trust the one you are with then it is time to end it as quickly as possible. In a few months my wife and I will be married 47 years. We never would have lasted this long without trust.

25. Joahn Moriens profile image59
    Joahn Moriensposted 6 years ago

i think you cant. trust is one of the most important thing in relationship.does not matter what kind of relationship is it. if you do not trust him/her , relationship becomes a lie. do not trust means you are under stress all the time. thinking is he/she lying or no?.. what kind of relationship will that be. I think so at least.

26. alexarain379 profile image61
    alexarain379posted 6 years ago

it must at least start with trust, after that may be but it will be hard on both.

27. Guckenberger profile image84
    Guckenbergerposted 6 years ago

I would say to stay away from this person and make great efforts to move on. Don't keep yourself in a position that will likely get you hurt honey.

28. Carmen Carlson profile image61
    Carmen Carlsonposted 6 years ago

No, I fully believe communication and trust is key in any relationship. Not just with you're partner but in anyway friendships as well

29. Bsrsk Srikanth profile image57
    Bsrsk Srikanthposted 6 years ago

A relationship is totally about how two people feel about each other. We can not confuse a relationship with 'love'. When we talk about 'relationship', it is a tag attached to you both to identify as connected people. Love might take multiple forms like caring or loving someone's companionship. But relationship is more like a switch which is either on or off. We live in relationships to declare to one's self, his/her partner and the people they choose - that you and your partner are together. Trust is a feeling. So is love. Relationship is just a resultant status. So the real question is - is trust important for love? My answer is.. it totally depends on your understanding of the person and trust. People keep changing, meet new people and constantly live in new situations. So your understanding of your changing partner can not be assumed absolute or perfect at any point and nor is it anybody's mandated duty to degrade their joy/desire for his/her partner's. If one understands this, he will not be disturbed by some broken trust. Trust in in your head and it is a prediction of a person continuing his favorable general behavior. But people change and its up to individuals whether to loathe for a huge broken trust or to understand that its natural that we all change and like different things as we go.

30. Alan Grace profile image59
    Alan Graceposted 6 years ago

The root cause of most failed relationships is suspicion. If you let even a thought of suspicion linger in your mind then it will not take long for a whole forest to grow. It is best to remove suspicion as quick as possible because it will not only hurt you but it will destroy your home. There are a lot of misunderstandings we have regarding how to have maintain a relationship but getting some perspective and right understanding has opened my eyes, now my home is like heaven. https://goo.gl/5jkFoz

31. mahmud mohammed profile image60
    mahmud mohammedposted 6 years ago

no you can't have a relation with some one you don't trust for the very reason that you don't want to get hurt . no one wants to feel bad becouse of some untrustworhy . you can't put yourself in that position

32. Ralph Castro profile image36
    Ralph Castroposted 6 years ago

For me I can't have any relationship to someone I dont trust. Because if you give yourself to someone you dont trust, you will have a hard time dealing with him/her. You will have fights all the time, you will doubt her/him all the time. It will be chaos.

But in love, trust should be reciprocate. You can't always doubt on your partner because of just one tiny mistake. You also need to learn to forgive and to hear out your partner. So giving time and hoping for the best is also a nice way.

33. Candice Thomas profile image68
    Candice Thomasposted 6 years ago

You love who you love, whether you trust that person or not. However, building a relationship with someone that you do not trust can cause various problems within the relationship. You will forever question that persons intentions and motives. Who wants to live life like that? I want to be able to trust my significant other without a doubt. There will always be something or some situation that will test your love and your trust for one another. But if you truly trust someone, you not only believe in them, you believe in your relationship as a whole. Without it (trust), you become your own worst enemy. Build a relationship that has a foundation based on trust, love, and respect.

34. Enunwah Morris profile image40
    Enunwah Morrisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13822263_f260.jpg

If you are in a relationship and trust is an issue communication does a lot of wonders

35. Mmiller_89 profile image65
    Mmiller_89posted 6 years ago

A lot of information and opinions has been posted already, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I feel like it's nearly impossible to have a solid relationships if you don't trust one another. In a situation where you don't trust each other, it's just a "relationship" on the surface. You're calling each other boy/girlfriend or spouse, but that's about it. And honestly, how can you go through some of the most crucial points of your life (car, house, kids, retirement, etc) with someone who you can't trust? I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me.

To be fair, every situation is different. But as a whole, I'd say no to your question.

36. profile image51
    Frank Adlerposted 6 years ago

About two months ago, I suspected my wife because she was keeping late night and the perfume of her smelled different. She refused me touching her and a couple of other things. We respected each other phones and there was no way I could get to monitor or know exactly what was going on until I met egyptblackhathacker@gmail.com who exposed my wife by hacking into her phone. I recommend him to anyone. You could also search for his failures online and you won't get any because the service is topnotch.

37. profile image53
    Sheryl McCposted 6 years ago

No. I gave it time and hoped for the best. He was married and strung me along for 8 years until I had enough and said no more. Two months later his wife died and left him in almost $400.000 debt. He was about to lose everything and I blamed myself and couldn't leave him to deal with it alone. Stupid me. He had made me feel so bad about myself by groping other woman, making comments about their body etc and drinking so much that he couldn't remember what happened even when someone confronted him with a picture of him, another married man and 2 of the towns "doorknobs"
    Now, we have been together almost 14 years, married not even a year and on Monday I am going to see a divorce lawyer.
    I have been through a lot of abuse in my life (I'm 47 now) and I began counseling last year to deal with my past as well as my present, finally made progress and in an instant lost all respect for him when I dared to confront his brother about trying to overcharge my sister for rent that had been paid (I showed solid proof) and for him trying to slip in taxes that are his responsibility. This is the third time he and his wife have tried to screw over my family members. She never gets involved with any other tenants but they have tried to screw over two of my daughters and my sister. I took it personal and instead of my husband backing me up he has attacked me like a Pit Bull in a dog fight.
    Telling me to mind my own business, get the F out, I never loved you, don't want you and the list goes on. His brother is a womanizer and was mocking me like I was a stupid woman and he chose the wrong woman to mess with and I told him off. I had every right to say something to him because she should've never have gotten involved. He said I should mind my own business...Guess what...Screwing people over especially my family is my business. His brother is making things worse everyday for us, even giving him this push button novelty that says SHUT UP which by him accepting it just shows his true colors.
    So see, I trusted him with everything, even my deepest fears and he has turned them all against me. Karma will get them

38. profile image51
    johnthom612posted 6 years ago

[HOW I GOT MY EX GIRLFRIEND BACK IN 2 DAYS]
    Hi, I recently found out that my ex-girlfriend who used to love me was put under a love spell by an old married man. They considered themselves as bf/gf. It really broke me. I was really worried about her as to what could happen to her. I still loved her. We were in a ldr and I couldn't see her… We still communicated from time to time but she made sure she doesn’t get found out by the man. It got frustrating as how she cannot see past the spell! I really wanted her back and also to be safe first and foremost and be away from that man. I also met Dr. Akim online and he helped me break the blackmagic on her and in 40 hours she called me and begged me to take her back. Akim's email is uniquelovespellcenter@ yahoo. com [remove the space from the email before you send] will be much appreciated if you contact him for marriage and relationship problems cos i promised to talk about him all over the internet smile

39. Frugal Housewife profile image76
    Frugal Housewifeposted 6 years ago

But why though?

40. profile image53
    Alexander Hoedtposted 5 years ago

Is your partner or spouse cheating on you? Do you need help to find out the truth? When i needed help to find out about my cheating partner i was recommended to hire a professional spy and hack expert after i tried using spy apps which resulted to nothing positive for me. Within a day i was provided with facts to prove i had been cheated on when i was granted access to my partners incoming and outgoing calls and also got to read all deleted texts and social media messages. Got to spy and track on exact location which was helpful in catching in the act, i was glad i found out the truth. If you need to find out about a cheating partner or spouse or need help with any hack related service such as phone hack, email hack, social media hack, fix and boost credit scores, erase fines and fees, retrieve and recover stolen or hidden files and documents, clear criminal records, remove unwanted content from internet, BTC top up etc Contact: globalpiratica on Gmail for help out

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)