Kanye ," Trump is My Brother "...................Huh ?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

So Kanye has the gabooches to break the hold of P.C. / Celeb / Hollywood /politics ?  Kanye ,...... the hold that even  people here refuse to give up . ..............?
    As all the much cooler people say , OMG.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I heard this yesterday and all I could think was "birds of a feather."

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Kanye sure loves the cameras and the attitude .

1. profile image0

Narcissists are like that.  They are sympatico on how they view and treat women, too.  Birds of a feather.

1. profile image0

Hey , apparently in their popularity  ,a lot of  women are perfectly willing to overlook the obvious faults ?

1. profile image0

Apparently so.  There's no accounting for taste.

1. profile image0

Sadly there seem to be as many women willing to take the plunge as are men to disrespect them . I've always seen that all through my life . Even to the point of  standing up to men like that and being dissed by the female victims.
                All one can do is shake your head and move on .

2. Live to Learn profile image59
            Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This comment is typical of what is wrong with politics today. Forget issues. Let's just insult the people who disagree with us.

1. profile image0

I wasn't aware that this thread was about an "issue"? I thought it was about Kanye having the "gabooches" to like Trump. Did I miss something of earth-shattering importance?

1. Live to Learn profile image59

Only if you think liking a politician from the side you deplore can only occur through personality flaws.

1. profile image0

Huh? Did I say that? Let's see, let me double-check....

No, I didn't say that.

LOL. I think your comments point otherwise but...Ok.

Interesting. I wonder what Kanye will say when they start calling him the names Ben Carson has been called.

2. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

Kanye is a complete loon and always has been. It’s kind of funny to see some people on the right climbing up his butt all of a sudden.

1. profile image0

Exactly  like all the rest Katy Perry , Robert De Niro , Amy Schumer ,   and any other of the loud mouthpieces that spout their generic camera adorations or hatreds .

1. profile image0

Unless they slap an (R) beside their name and run for office, then they're elected President.

1. profile image0

Typical libsponse and excuse-splaining.

1. profile image0

Fact. Our Republican President is a real estate developer turned reality TV star celebrity who used to be a Democrat but quickly found a niche for himself with the Republican base during the Obama presidency through his promotion of the demonstrably false birther conspiracy theory.

What an impeccable pedigree. Maybe Kanye will be next. big_smile

1. profile image0

Fact , So you just proved yourself wrong   "....who used to be  a democrat ......." democrat -D not R and  the fact that he's of both parties and declared himself so  proves his middle of the road idealism one, and two he found himself running as a republican because embedded republicans demanded that . In spite of the fact they rejected him after .

Do you ever only see black and white in these issues?

1. profile image0

If you say so, horse.

3. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 5 years ago

Kanye is doing all this in to acquire some sort of economic advantage from Trump. I recall the celebrity Arsenio Hall working with Trump to get his 80's Era variety show back on the air 3 or 4 years ago.  Well, he did get back on the air, but did not stay there long.  The show flopped, audiences capitaved during the 1980's, today, not so much with the format and style. Meanwhile, he allowed Trump to make a fool out of him on his Celebrity Apprentice program.

As Randy Newman says, "its the money that matters".

Carson is just weak to allow Trump to deliberately put him on a ship that was destined to be scuttled before it even launched. HHS. And, we are all supposed to be impressed as there was ONE African American on his cabinet.......

I have no interest in Kanye and his opinions but I will say that attacking black citizens because of their conservative views is wrong, wrong, wrong. Commenting that only a desire for gain would impel them to opinions shows a complete lack of respect for another human being. If a white person commented in such a way about a black Democrat you'd be screaming racist.

Why can't people in the black community be OK with diversity? Why insult members of that community for independent thought? Is it your opinion that individuals are not capable of thinking for themselves and coming to unique conclusions? Do they,in your opinion, need to be led and told what to think,and say? Because, I'm telling you, it sounds like a form of slavery.

1. profile image0

So, you have seen my disdain for, say, Ted Nugent. Did you assume that disdain was due to his race?  I'm guessing "no."

So, why are you assuming criticism of Kanye is race-based?

My comment was actually to credence. Not you.

2. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

And yet the "low point" of George W. Bush's presidency, according to his yet-to-be-published biography, was a post-Katrina accusation by musician Kanye West that the president didn't like black people.

This is what Kayne said regarding Bush after Katrina in 2005. So the current Bromance between Trump and Kayne is most probably not based on any ideological kindred. That is just as unlikely as expecting Rush Limbaugh to have a change of heart and embrace Bernie Sanders after attacking Obama during his entire term as President. So, what explanation is left? It has nothing to do with race, and like you I couldn't care less about  Kayne opinion. Just suggesting an explanation for the bromance.

Black people and the Left have no problem with diversity, what problem there is regarding this and many other things belong to the Right.

Where do you get the impression that I attack people based solely on race? The Conservatives have been under suspicion and distrust from the black community for their traditional response to our concerns, and that attitude is found virtually everywhere within our community, quite consistently, from among our most affluent members to those locked in either inner-city or rural poverty. I attack the Conservative and their objectives (as defined in the Age of Trump particularely) and whether yourskin is white or black, you are fair game.

1. profile image0

What you and all of us should be attacking is the prevalence of group thought holding a people of minority in hand ,  Like with Kanye , independent thought is what he has in kinship with Trump and that is what they are expounding upon . The same thing as his praising of  Candice Owens  .     It's too bad that all of a sudden a black man [or woman ]seeing the accomplishment of positive attributes of his people in the opposite party AND SAYING THAT OUT LOUD  ; is apparently  a major infraction against his party's sensibilities .Non the less , its sparking a conversation in public that needs to happen .

1. Credence2 profile image79

WE, as a group, have experiences in common within the broader American culture. Those shared experiences reflect itself in how we see things, and it probably won't be the same way you do. We All can relate being passed by by taxi-cabs regardless as to how well we are dressed or the venue where we may find ourselves, for example. When I visit Wyoming, you are overwhelmed by a people who are predominantly conservative/maybe libertarian. What experience and values do this geographic group of people have in common that would make them clearly differently from a typical San Francisco resident?

I don't know what the foundation of the relationship between Trump and Kanye is, but to presume that such disparate people are going to share political and ideological viewpoints is not a reasonable assessment.

The OTHER party has consistently shown itself not to reflect our best interests as determined by US, the ones most qualified to make that call. Our issues are with the GOP and conservatives, and as I said skin color in the larger struggle is irrelevant.

I like the idea that we should be judged based on ideas, not skin color. I saw, in your post, you negatively commenting on Kanye and Arsenio. As if only some other type of gain would have either being supportive of Trump, in any capacity.

Both are black. I think. I vaguely remember Arsenio. I thought the fact that you singled out two black men was telling. Would you arbitrarily assume the same motivations for someone of a lighter color? Of another person of color supportive of Trump? Why should these two, in particular, be singled out for those comments?

I would not say that I was negative toward Kayne, I just questioned his motives regarding his association with Trump. As for other motives, I cannot be certain, but I sincerely doubt that there is a lot of political affinity between Kayne/Arsenio and Trump by simply looking at the past activities of the men involved.

I am confused, I did not really single them out. Kanye came up as just part of the headlines. Trump is self-interested and will always put anyone in a win-lose position if he can, regardless of what your color is.

I'll agree with you on Trump, of what I have seen of him.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

… what sort of economic advantage do you suppose?

Kathryn, I don't know. Trump has the money to change anyone's dour fortunes overnight. When it is the money that matters and economic survival is at stake, you may well have to dance with devil under the moonlight.

An earlier poster showed a series of Kayne Tweets, are they a publicity stunt or is he really hard up for the money?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
          Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I actually think he gets (understands) Trump. His wife is a successful entrepreneur. Kanye wants to be successful. He lives for it. Trump is all about positive thinking and accepting the abundance of the universe.
          But we need to live with respect for nature.
          I wish these powerful rich people would get on it as far as educating us/the people about the dangers of excess. For instance, capitalism needs to stop as far as the manufacture and sale of SO MUCH PLASTIC!
          The massive islands of plastic floating about the oceans are harming the environment and killing poor marine creatures, such as whales and sea turtles, who ingest it!
          Allow and PROMOTE for the abundance of nature while you are at it, rich people!
          Do Something Positive with your Notoriety! (I might be talking to Kanye's wife, here.)
          But I digressed. neutral
          http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i … tion=click

Kanye is just a pop-jock with no lasting significance, no one really cares about his opinion.

There could well be some sort of business arrangement.

Trump does not strike me as a positive person, there is this brooding as part of his countenance, which is just beneath the surface.

He is the textbook capitalist reflecting the view of so many like him. This is why I am suspicious, both  of him and the 'system' that he is so quick to extol.

He who has the most gold rules? Just because he may have more money than me does not give him license to do whatever he wants.....

Environmentalism be damned, you are free to trash the planet with the consequences for everyone else
            So, of course, they want to water down the power of the EPA and attack climate change

Business practices that are free to fleece for suckers, who pop up like dandelions in the Spring.
            So, of course they are going to be against the concept of a federal agency like Consumer Finance Protection as a check on their power and as a recourse for the man in the street against it.

Capitalism is the only viable economic system that I see so far. But, its premise is based upon greed of a few at the expense of the many.

I reluctantly, support it however, because the idea of risk and reward works. But as I said earlier, Capitalism needs to be constantly monitored and overseen by the "people" Government,  who have other interests and concerns in life than just lining the pockets of the industrialists.  A leash is necessary, the more taut the leash, the better.

4. profile image0

The left is funny like that huh,  If one of "ours " goes out of the box and supports one of "yours "  then it has to be based upon  his need for  money , his race or his stupidity ?   It certainly cannot be that we respected him for his personal or political opinions .

Carson is placed at the head of a ship that is totally under water financially , a corrupt , unaffordable H.U,D., the fact that his is a brilliant , accomplished , even tempered  , has lead an outstanding career , has absolutely nothing to do with his color , unless of course you're looking for ways to discount his service .

Sometimes the appearance and accusatory complications of racism is just racism ,wherever it originates .

5. IslandBites profile image91
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago
  6. profile image0

Figures ;
    So to prove a point about how many people Trump has met with as president to downplay all of the outrage over moron  rap star , I googled " List of people Trumps met with as president "  and guess what I came up with for lists ?

As I have stated before , This proves invaluably just how biased the media and especially  the net media truly is in America ! I got a lists of people Trump has insulted as president ,     I got lists of people who have "abandoned Trumps administration , I got lists of foreign leaders meeting with Pres. Trump , But I can't get a list of undoubtedly hundreds of other meetings he's had .

Why , because the "peoples media of obstruction" focuses only on the sensationalism and negativity that it itself invents in the case of Pres.Trump . ie. Fake Media .

1. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I tried it myself and the first two articles are about world leaders he’s met. What’s sensational and negative about that? Why do you expect that media should be making and promoting lists of every single human Trump has met with since becoming president? That’s oddly specific and seems like you’re just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point.

(Also I did the same search for Obama and again the first results are about world leaders - no list to be seen that details every meeting with every person...)

1. profile image0

It wouldn't" be oddly specific "to have a number that shows that one celebrity is far outweighed  by the overall picture  of just how many people he's met with in office and traded words with .hundreds , thousands ?    Kanye is but one .   But the media just has to  overplay the overall importance of a "rock star ".  Pretty stupid on their part .

2. profile image0

Yet the preponderance of google results wasn't  about the bias of those offended by Trump ,  Aime  ?, Show me that  list then of how many hundreds of people he's really met with while in office  , while the hijacked left  liberal shames , race shames , celebrity shames and blasts a simple meeting between Kanye and Trump ?  If that isn't the very definition of media bias , then neither you or I can fathom how far out the media has gone from center .

7. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

Laughing my ass off!!!!!
    No freakin' way.....
    lololololol

8. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 5 years ago

So, who tells me that Kanye is in his right mind, he certainly let it be known that he got his thirty pieces of silver. Now he is saying stupid stuff. Am I to believe this guy is just a black conservative, just speaking his mind?

Yahoo article:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kanye-west-c … 48460.html

1. profile image0

Credence , If the left's utter hatred of traditional America , her constitution , culture and ways of life is just ".......speaking it's [ or your ] mind......." is okay , then guess what ? So is his .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)