Can you catch any infection from toilet water splash?

Jump to Last Post 51-73 of 73 discussions (111 posts)
  1. Jonathanlema89 profile image60
    Jonathanlema89posted 6 years ago

I definitely think you can. that's why you need to be very careful while using public bathrooms.

2. profile image50
    georgeplassatposted 6 years ago

Here is my story. greatful

My wife was diagnosed with a cancer, ( before i learnt of Rick Simpsons oil / RSO ) the hospital said to do chemotherapy and radiotherapy.. she did.. and went through a lot.. but no cure, after a while the doctors said the cancer was spreading and we could look for alternatives.. i searched the internet and found out about the oil.. asked alot of questions.. watched the videos etc.. we made the oil our selves but it couldn't just work out we were doing more harm than good and the cancer was still there spreading, i searched more on the internet i found a testimony on how a lady got the oil via an email, ricksimpsoncannabisoil96@gmail.com immediately copied the email:  i wrote to this very email ricksimpsoncannabisoil96@gmail.com and in an hour later i got a reply back asking me some few questions, and enlightened me on how to get the oil in the next 48hours, i placed my order and in the next 48hours the medication oil got to us. immediately my wife started using the oil, it been two months now, since my wife has been using the medication oil and the cancerous problems are gone this very fact was clarified by the doctor.

i put up this piece of testimony for the sake of those once who need this oil to please don't die in silence their is a cure for your cancer today email: ricksimpsoncannabisoil96@gmail.com and get the oil.

3. profile image53
    kellyksposted 6 years ago

Hello, your discussion just got my attention as a very important question. I have read many articles and in real life as well one of my friends got an infection from poo/pee splash. I want to clarify that you can’t get a sexually transmitted disease from urine or feces but what you have to worry is that you may get a urinary tract infection. My friend suffered from this only. Many women suffer from urinary tract infection in their lifetime. If you have such infection it doesn’t means you are dirty, sexually very active or sleeping with lots of men but it just can be two reasons first can be that you wash your private area i.e vagina with chemicals or soaps or maybe the infection is caused due to E-coil which is a natural bacteria present in poop or stomach.
    What happens is when you go for poo a small amount of E-coil can be left in your anus area, whenever the next time you go to the loo and whip your anus it can get accidentally transferred to your vaginal area. When the E-coil bacterial reaches your vagina there it starts to infect your bladder opening and causes itching as well as makes you feel to constantly peep. You may find a stinking smell when you pee as well. There is nothing to be ashamed or hide this cause the more you hide there will be more chances that the infection will travel to your kidneys and start causing a problem.
    The only thing you can do for this is to rinse your private areas properly after poo/pee. If pee/poo water splashes back to you there can be chances you might get Urinary tract infection so please be careful about this. To avoid urinary tract infection wears cotton underwear and keeps your private clean. That’s all you can do to avoid UTI.

1. profile image50
      priyaangel2587posted 6 years ago

Hello my dear, I hope you are doing well and having a good day. It is an interesting question because it is important for everyone to take complete care of health and fitness point it is possible to take various kinds of infections with toilet water splash. In fact, you can find infection from many other things because harmful bacteria can be anywhere. It can be on your food table, your laptop keyboard or in your home also. It will depend on water condition that is used in water splash. If you are using dirty water in your toilet then there will be possibilities of various bacteria in it. It is not common for anyone to find such issue in toilet. Toilet is used every day by everyone and how many of them are getting such issue? It is not common for everyone and it always depends on situation. If you have any kind of wound or any scratch on your skin and it comes in touch with bacteria in any water or on your toilet seat, there can be any chances of such infections. In normal conditions, I will suggest you not to worry about such infections because your body is made to fight with such problems and it is not easy for any bacteria to infect your skin without any wound. But still, it is very important to take preventions. I will suggest keeping your toilet clean with any good product every day. It is also important to use fresh and bacteria free water in toilet water splash. It is very important to clean your skin everyday with any good antibacterial soap after using toilet. It can be helpful to fight with such problems.

2. butterflystar profile image61
      butterflystarposted 6 years ago

You most certainly can.  Toilet water is disgusting.

3. LaurenSutton12 profile image89
      LaurenSutton12posted 6 years ago

Whew. Reading through some of the comments, and I’m starting to feel ill. Is that ironic?

I am a hoverer. I was taught from a small age not to sit on the toilet and take great pains not to touch anything—using my foot to flush, using a paper towel to shut off the water, etc. In fact, my Mom actually held me over the toilet until I was old enough to hover. I bet my weirdness sure makes sense now.

Needless to say, I am still grossed out about everything that has to do with a public toilet. I am a conscious hoverer, however, and I do wipe the seat if I need to for the next person.

I am admittedly not a medical professional, but I really can’t see how somebody elses’ germs are beneficial. I know that wasn’t the question, but bare with me. (Pun intended.) Urine and feces are excrement, right? They are literally digestions and rejections of the body—somebody elses’ germs.

If someone has a compromised immune system, like an older senior citizen, for example, their likeliness of getting sick is much higher. Some may not have time to do things to protect themselves, like put toilet paper in the bowl to prevent from splashing or be able to wipe down the seat. Their bodies may just ‘move’ too quickly to make those decisions. Their bodies are playing Russian Roulette with people whose body conditions are unknown—what ‘crusties’ lie on the toilet bowl that are unwashed?

Can people get sick from splashing? I think so.

Be careful, Everyone.
      (packs up briefcase full of hand sanitizer)

1. profile image49
        clara centposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm clara by name am here to give my testimony about Dr Ugboko who helped me cure my HERPES.i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me

4. ArEena ShAh profile image57
      ArEena ShAhposted 6 years ago
    5. Sara mirsamafi profile image57
      Sara mirsamafiposted 6 years ago

There is no way you can catch anything from toilet water. I know this by my own experience. I used to dip toilet paper into toilet water and clean myself. I this this for 15 years, and I tested negative for all the STD, STI and even urine and bladder infection. Now I just carrot wipes with me where ever I go and I use wipes to clean myself. Toilet water is harlmless and clean once you flush the toilet but I still recommend using wipes for those who have weak immune System and even myself because it’s just safer.

6. profile image35
      sisir001posted 6 years ago

Complete health guide which includes losing weight,best way to lose weight,quick weight loss,low carb diet,tips for weight loss,fastest way to lose weight,fat burning foods,extreme weight loss,diet,gym,easy ways to lose weight,exercise,diet for weight loss,weight loss plans,fitness tips,beauty,skin care,skin care tips,hair style,beautiful hair style tips,hair style tips,hair care tips,hairstyles for women,new hairstyle,short hairstyles for women,mens hairstyles,short hair,hair color ideas,

7. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

This type of fear is probably why the rest of us must deal with worse than water splash on the toilet seat.

8. JustinCottril profile image39
      JustinCottrilposted 6 years ago

If it is a public toilet then there is a possibility that you can catch an infection on toilet water splash.

9. wayita profile image57
      wayitaposted 5 years ago

we can get great idea from this
      http://zipansion.com/eVD4

10. JamesPatrick4 profile image60
      JamesPatrick4posted 5 years ago

Actually, it is RARE to get any type of infection from a toilet seat.  If you have a break in your skin, and get a contaminant in it, then yes it's possible.  MRSA or aggressive Staph would probably be the most likely.  Getting an STD is unheard-of.  Dirty toilet water may run the risk of exposure IF there is something contaminated in the water.  Basically, that would mean that the person before you had an infection with Enteroinvasive E-Coli or another pathogen....again, rare!

I agree that paper covers or T.P. suffice for most settings.  I would wash-off if dirty toilet water splashed on me.  Definitely use caution if splashed in your eyes.

11. arabtv profile image62
      arabtvposted 5 years ago

Not always,but that water is contagious so always becareful

قنوات عربية

12. rafalszrajnert profile image61
      rafalszrajnertposted 5 years ago

can not believe it

13. Altaf Sadiik profile image60
      Altaf Sadiikposted 5 years ago

good

14. nataliehaire profile image59
      nataliehaireposted 5 years ago

You can find anything in an open public toilet cause diverse individuals to use it consistently.

15. profile image57
      Mryodaposted 4 years ago

Possible, ways to prevent water splash, either from the flushing or the backfire of solid waste, are laying a thin layer of tissue at the bullseye or flushing while standing. More worrisome is the germs on a toilet seat because your healthy skin is 100% touching a filthy seat and we often forgot to clean the seat before we sit on it.

16. Cat Anh profile image61
      Cat Anhposted 4 years ago
    17. Gabrielle Robertson profile image60
      Gabrielle Robertsonposted 4 years ago

Hi I'm a medical student of Trinity School of Medical Sciences,
      it is highly unlikely for you to get H.pylori from toilet splash water unless a good amount of it was ingested and even so toilet water when flushed is clean water. If the unflushed water was to be ingested then that would be some cause for concern.
      Most bacteria can't survive long periods of time on the toilet seat so in order for an infection to really take hold that would mean that the person sitting had some type of wound or opening in the skin for the germ to infiltrate.
      Though public toilets would be highly unsanitary and I always recommend you hover instead of sit and you put the toilet seat down when flushing to prevent splash, a full blown infection is unlikely but a rash may occur.

18. anitmalhotra profile image61
      anitmalhotraposted 4 years ago

Nice Explanation Interesting read very helpful for me keep posting like this thanks !!

19. profile image54
      Paulhehirposted 4 years ago

Many tests have shown that most peoples kitchen work tops, fridges and kitchen cloths have more bacteria than their toilet seat. I would bet that your tooth brush is never cleaned and you happily put that in your mouth twice a day without a thought, and most peoples mouths are bacteria heaven. Still i would also bet that we wouldnt have survived evolution without exposure to dirt and grime. What dont kill you makes you stronger. Give dirt a chance please

20. bhattuc profile image83
      bhattucposted 4 years ago

It is unlikely to get infection like that as our immune system also plays a vital part there. Still we have to be careful as unhygienic conditions can always be risky and can bring unknown disasters.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)