What is Michael Avenatti's Future in The Democrat Party?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image86
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

After the recent court ruling against his client Stormy Daniels and the flat-out rejection by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to bring in another client, Julie Swetnick, to testify in the latest Supreme Court hearings, Mr. Avenatti appears to be lashing out rather than licking his wounds.  There have been media reports that his entry into the Kavanaugh debate did more harm than good, but he pressed on anyway.  His very vocal attempts to provoke the Trump administration into engaging him have only resulted in "twitter sparring" up to this point, but it's kept his name recognition high.

Even in the world of "over the top" modern-day politics, Mr. Avenatti attempts to rise above his peers and has even hinted at a Presidential run.  Seems unlikely that the Party would embrace him after the last election cycle when an outsider was allowed to run.  Independent candidate Bernie Sanders joined the Party just to run for President with better-than-expected support.  What are your thoughts on his future role in politics or the legal world?  Some are saying he is the foil to Trump.  Others think he is a liabilty.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like Avenatti, though I don't think he's presidential material. However, the standards have been brought so low by our current POTUS that Avenatti would be stellar by comparison.

As a Democrat, I hope we will do better than electing another unqualified celebrity. That said, I will vote for pretty much anyone over the whiny, lazy coward currently tweeting insults at Stormy because, you know, he's got so much time on his hands and his highest priority is insulting people on Twitter.

Anyway, before a minority of my fellow citizens decided a reality TV star was the best choice for president, Avenatti would have been called nutty for considering a run for president.  Not anymore. I don't think that's a positive development for our country.

RJ Schwartzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I’ve often wondered if our nation would pivot toward more “celebrity” candidates after Trump - who is next?  Tom Hanks and Oprah have been floated already.

1. crankalicious profile image89
          crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Think about the pendulum swinging back the other way, politically-speaking. If a candidate fits whatever mold that is, that's who it's going to be.

I think as long as the economy stays solid, Trump will be re-elected.

2. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If this were Santa Anita or Louisiana Downs, I'd say his odds are 100-1 in politics.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

Avanetti is a media whore who apparently has no problem with lies and using women to do it for him, to get more time in front of the cameras.

A Democratic party stooge will like him for no other reason than he is attacking Trump. I hope the average Democrat is smarter than to consider him qualified.

Replace "Avanetti" with Trump and that statement also seems accurate, doesn't it? So why is it a problem with Avanetti?

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutely correct.

My problem is we fight amongst ourselves when I see no evidence that all of them aren't a common enemy. Do you think any of them give a poop about the average American? Their needs? What is best for all Americans?

EXACTLY! Great statement.

We are all wasting our time here. If you think our country is a meritocracy or an oligarchy, then having us peasants spending our time arguing about minutiae is exactly what they want as they all screw us over and accumulate more and more wealth.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
            Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image86

I disagree - unlike Trump, Avenatti hasn't been vetted and we know very little about his personal life, other than the few sensational headlines about a few court decisions that didn't go in his favor.  If we was under the microscope as much as Trump is, then we could say they were being compared equally.

1. profile image0

Just out of curiosity, what could we possibly learn about his personal life that would be worse than Trump's?  Before Trump was elected, we knew about multiple sexual assault allegations (including self-admitted ones), multiple bankruptcies, multiple extramarital affairs, the birther lie, misogynistic bullying, the walking in on teenage girls in dressing rooms, and more. Of course, the really important stuff that other candidates were willing to share, like tax returns, we don't know about, but that didn't matter either.

I'm just having a hard time imagining that a vetting of Avenatti would result in anything more negative than what exists in Trump's background.

Imagine what we’d find if anyone ever vetted the “choom gang” and his life?  Guess that’s the benefit of controlling the media.

1. profile image0

Really? 

Obama and his pot smoking choom gang

You guys are something else. roll

1. hard sun profile image77
                hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And, we still haven't seen Trump's birth certificate.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
                GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your link returned a 404 error PrettyPanther. But a quick look found it, I think, here:
                https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2 … hoom-gang/

I enjoyed the read. It brought back old memories, and  I am jealous of all that good Hawaiian bud. I might have voted for him if I had known about his "Choom" days.

GA

3. crankalicious profile image89

Three words: tin foil hat.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)