Is there a possibility of a one party civil war in America ?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Obviously it all began and continues from leftists in academia and so manifests in the streets ,  That's the way all revolutions and civil wars begin .  I see the resolve against this left holding steady long into this one directional war , Does anyone see the possibility of a singularly leftist revolt in America ?

Is the authoritative government and it's ties to the stronger and more civil ideology of the right enough to maintain peace ?

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It must be hard living with so many boogeymen in your head.

2. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Idk they are pretty entrenched. They stockpiled in ganja and poptarts. If their mothers (after 35 years) couldnt get them outa their basement bunkers, how we gonna do it?

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good points , ....... A cyber -civil war ?

3. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Were civil war in our future I'd think the right would start it. The left has thrown its fit because they haven't won elections in our Democratic process. They have used social media to attempt to bully citizens into some bizarre ideal of all agree, or suffer the consequences of being choked out or marginalized. The left has used pseudo science to push their agenda. The left has shown it has no respect for the sovereignty of the individual.

No. If revolution comes it will be for the ideals this country was founded on. I do fear this because I think neither the left or the right understands those ideals anymore. What we may be left with is not something any of the majority want to see.

1. profile image0

I do believe the right still holds to conserving it's original ideals ,   would that lead them / us to war ?   No , I think not , now if the left pulled some sort of secessionist movement and threatened further to compromise our sovereignty or the uniting of our states ? Who knows .

4. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It has already begun. Someone mailed bombs to Obama, Clinton and CNN this morning.

No doubt liberals did it as an excuse to start your civil war.

But it won't last long. Right wingers own all of the guns in this country.

1. profile image0

I've seen that and my first thought was much deeper than blaming the opposite party who isn't activist oriented , sounds like a Soro's move through and through .  In fact , I can see Hillary planning her own attention gathering  political stunt . And yes , we can't put anything past those who ALWAYS  promote discourse and incite such kinds of violence .

We will see .

1. profile image0

After all , Hillary learned a lot in her "escape to the woods" last year .

2. profile image0

George Soros would try to bomb Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton? That's quite an idea...

1. Aime F profile image70
            Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Think of how many right-wingers glorify Alex Jones, a man who thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax. There are literally no theories that surprise me anymore.

1. profile image0

They don't surprise me anymore, either. But they keep sinking to new lows, which is scary.

2. profile image0

Never heard of the CIA or similar tactics , don't forget the State Dept. has done much ,much worse ?

And WHO ran the state dept. ?

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Way to use emotions when reading a news article. Unless the information provided in the article you read was different than what I got they were 'suspicious packages'. There is a lot of room between suspicious and bomb.

1. profile image0

Way to read it yourself.

Time headline "Explosive devices"
          NY Times: "Explosive devices"
          BBC: "Explosive device"
          Washington Post: "Bombs"
          ABC News: "Explosive devices"

1. Live to Learn profile image60

Read it on CNN. interesting what headlines are used to catch an eye.

1. profile image0

Good point. Some of them are more loose with their headlines and some are more restrained.

It also depends on the amount of information available to each news source at a moment in time.

Some of them get it faster than others. Some also update their websites faster than others.

Agreed. When more verified information comes in I'll be interested in reading it.

2. profile image0
                Hxprofposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  I'd like to see more restraint from media outlets until they have a bigger picture.

1. profile image0

I'm curious is anyone thinks the article below shows a lack of restraint.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati … story.html

1. wilderness profile image94
                    wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps by pointing out that all the packages were sent to those critical of Trump...immediately followed by a list of terrible things Trump has said? 

Perhaps by not including a statement from saying that Trumps condemnation of it "had a hollow ring to it", indicating that Trump actually wants more of the same?

There are other examples.  If one reads, the story about pipe bombs is interspersed with several indications that Trump wants it to happen.  That's not restraint; to minds capable of such an act it is an strong indication they are doing right.

5. Readmikenow profile image95
      Readmikenowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Let's see now, it'd be the NRA membership vs the politically correct forces of the left.  Game on!

https://hubstatic.com/14262413.jpg

6. crankalicious profile image88
      crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Leftists in academia? Man, you don't know what you're talking about.

1. profile image0

Hows that when 80 - 90 % of academia is leftist !
        And you say I don't know what I'm talking about  ?

Right .......

1. crankalicious profile image88

You're simply regurgitating something you heard on Fox News and applying it to a political context. What you're saying has no bearing in the real world. You don't know what you're talking about. You might as well be telling us how to build rockets.

1. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14262647.png

Tell me that again now ..............

Again, what's so sad here is that you're proving my point, but you don't realize nor understand why.

I think what happens is that when white, male retirees spend all their time watching Fox News and trolling the web, they lose their ability to reason.

You're creating a tremendous number of false equivalencies in your statements, making huge leaps in logic between your chart and some political indoctrination occurring in higher education. Not sure how that happens in a subject like mathematics, but I guess they must be applying Marx somehow.

Conservatives always want to complain about academia, but they don't want to go into it. You know why? Too little money and too little status. Plus, as people go into education, they find themselves relying on the state because so little money is spent on education funding and thus, usually become more liberal. Also, educators find themselves in a multi-cultural environment, exposed to different thoughts and experience, which also leads to a liberal ideology. It's not the people imposing their ideology. It's the environment producing it.

Once again, the simplest response is: you don't know what you're talking about. You would actually make more sense if you tried to explain how to build a rocket.

1. profile image0

Besides , I wouldn't want to teach someone so angry and insultive as you how to build a rocket .

Well, I apologize if I insulted you, but I tend to get upset when people make certain kinds of statements without any knowledge of a subject.

2. profile image0

Where did you get your poll?

1. profile image0
                1. profile image0

Did you actually look at that site? It's not a real site. It's what they call a "parked domain" with a random collection of links.

3. Aime F profile image70

You can't take one poll done strictly about law professors in law schools and apply it to all higher education. That's not how logic works.

1. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14262832_f1024.jpg

Again, do you not see the false equivalency in anything you're saying? Of course people in the education lean liberal. It's a product of the environment and it's something that has existed for a long time. But liberal teachers don't teach liberal math or liberal biology.

Your statement is conservativespeak for "we don't like women's history" and "we don't like Native American history" and "we don't like any subject that questions the status quo". That's what conservatives are all upset about.

You know what? They have plenty of conservative faculty. It's called Business School. Again, that's a product of the environment.

You're trying to assert that because educators are liberals that they are teaching political liberalism or trying to indoctrinate students into being liberals or accepting homosexuality or whatever. You know what? That tends to happen when you teach a broad array of subjects and look at things from different viewpoints instead of just teaching one viewpoint. If you have evidence of students being indoctrinated into a political position, please provide that evidence because it's false and a product of you making a lot of assumptions about a subject you know very little about.

7. Don W profile image84
      Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So, about this "war" event. I have questions.

Would the war event have any safe spaces for those of us who may need to take a break from not being nice to people?

Would the war event have somewhere I can charge my laptop, or at least somewhere I can get a caramel cocoa cluster frappuccino?

Will there be uniforms and will those uniforms feature black turtleneck sweaters?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then I'm out.

1. profile image0

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. profile image0

Well there's a deep thought.............Maybe you know that this is all the last dying gasps of the party on the left and won't admit it ?

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sure, Ed, whatever you say.

3. profile image0

Well okay , now that you have your emotional response in how about contribute something of substance or remain silent .

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Damn! That's my fault PrettyPanther. Sorry.

GA

4. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

Imagine if Ed took his own advice? Sure would be a lot quieter around here.

5. profile image0

Lost me there Ga .........

1. GA Anderson profile image89

"... emotional response..."

GA

6. profile image0

Aime , Apparently the ladies have nothing of substance to add ?
    I understand .

1. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's our time of the month?

7. profile image0

Even I am smart enough not to go there.......

8. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

We're too snowflakey to start a civil war.

Lol. I can imagine the war. The snowflakes throw grenades. The other side pulls the pins and throws them back.

1. profile image0

+++++++++++++++++++++

2. GA Anderson profile image89

"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there."

GA

1. profile image0

++++++++++++++I Love that one ! LTL

9. profile image0

Aime ,You know what the difference between George Soros and Alex Jones is ?

Not much except one works loudly and the other silently .

10. profile image0

So I was thinking about my being an NRA member and ............
    https://hubstatic.com/14262491_f1024.jpg

11. profile image0

Okay ,You don't want to believe it and would rather insult me , go google it up yourself . Every poll I read says you're lying about my point , many polls show 10 to 1 , 12 to 1 liberal to conservative ratio's in colleges .  But don't believe me -----check it out with your liberal Google !

12. profile image0

Who knows why but it is so , Perhaps liberal intellectuals can get or find other real  jobs ?...........:-}

13. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14262838.gif

14. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14262848_f1024.jpg

What do the students say..........,  ?
    A little self inflicted denial there Crankalicious ?

But a student's perception does not equal reality.

I spent 8 years in university and had ONE professor who made his political leanings clear. Could not make an educated guess on any of the others. Makes me wonder what these student perceptions are based on.

2. crankalicious profile image88

This is terribly sad. You don't know what you're talking about. You're making a false equivalency. You're trying to connect two things that are miles apart without providing the evidence to actually connect them (like, oh, I don't know, actual evidence that professors spend their time talking about politics, which they don't). And you pretend that somehow you've provided proof.

Again, I would acknowledge that most educators lean liberal. It's just that you don't seem to understand the cause for that.

15. profile image0

AS a side note ;
    https://hubstatic.com/14262856.jpg

16. profile image0

Students are not stupid , they know they've been indoctrinated from their beginning of grade school .

...that statement was entirely contradictory.

17. profile image0

Crankalicious , Don't like the reality of today , Pull the blanket a little snugger over your head . Ignoring the reality is so very easy today .............Make up your own story .

In the mean time ......here's your rocket .
    https://hubstatic.com/14263529.jpg

18. profile image0

Crankalicious ,False equivalency ? 
    https://hubstatic.com/14263556.jpg

This is a red barn ,  now you can spend all day calling this a blue barn if you want , you can show all the shades of blue but in the end  to the rest of the world,  they will fill in the blank this way .

Red barn.

"National Scholars poll" ,    10.4 to 1  liberal over conservative professors.

1. Don W profile image84

Barn-rainbow ftw!

https://hubstatic.com/14263677.jpg
      https://hubstatic.com/14263675.jpg
      https://hubstatic.com/14263663.jpg
      https://hubstatic.com/14263669.jpg
      https://hubstatic.com/14263634.jpg
      https://hubstatic.com/14263676.jpg
      https://hubstatic.com/14263657.jpg

1. profile image0

Yes , however did I point out a rainbow array of barns ?

By the way , I built the blue barn ........;-]

1. Don W profile image84

Rainbows make everything better.

You built an actual barn? This city-slicker is impressed.

Building things seems more productive than a civil war. Let's do that instead. Pass me a hammer and let's get to work.

1. profile image0

If I had a hammer .................

2. crankalicious profile image88

You just continue to prove my point.

Retirement must really suck... sitting around, watching Fox News, becoming enraged over things that don't exist.

19. profile image0

No Triggers on these devices points more and more TOWARDS  a political stunt BY democrats  in front of the midterm elections ?

Last gasp of a dying party !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)