This is why our country is divided.

Jump to Last Post 51-74 of 74 discussions (874 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

So here's the thing about investigations , Bill was investigated  for his conduct in office , no charges , Hillary has been investigated for her conduct  while in office , no charges , Obama is another story however ,  Trump and his collusion investigation ; Trump"s going to walk !   

Given the absolute ineptitude of these investigations reaching any outcomes leading to charges given the severity for instance of BenGhazi , the Emails, "  Uranium One "  we have absolutely nothing to worry about with Trump being charged in this general fiasco of a "special investigation .

1. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 5 years agoin reply to this
    2. peoplepower73 profile image89
      peoplepower73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You obviously didn’t watch my link. What’s the matter PP, can’t stand to hear the truth?

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Meaningless article ............Ho hummm.

TSAD:  Nope, can't stand Sean Hannity.  He has prostituted himself, just like Rush Limbaugh, and Mark Levin.  They call themselves authoritative newscasters  until they have been questioned and put in a box and then they say their views are only opinions and they are only entertainers.

Sean Hannity and Trump have a mutual admiration thing going on.  Whenever Trump gets criticized, he runs to Hannity to have his feathers smoothed out.  Hannity also feeds Trump misinformation, that Trump tweets.  I don't know how much pot, it will take to make me watch Hannity.

Who are you kidding, you start and end your day with a toke that’s obvious, we all know what you are smoking. After all if you know so much about Trump and Hannity you have to be smoking a lot in order to watch him since you know so much of what he is doing and admit yourself you have to smoke a lot of pot to watch him. PP: “I don't know how much pot, it will take to make me watch Hannity.”  Oh my friend I’m sure you do!

2. Sharlee01 profile image79
            Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well somebody loves Shawn...

Sean Hannity Unrivaled As Fox News Posts 66th Consecutive Quarter At No. 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyell … ba93f5536d

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

1. peoplepower73 profile image89

Sharlee:  You love him so much, you missed spelled his name.  It's Sean, not Shawn.

Typical of PP, he cares nothing about the facts and focuses on a typo. Just like he focused on Hannity and threw in Rush Limbaugh and Levin when non of them had anything to do with the facts of the link I posted which were being presented by Giuliani. PP is so pathetically transparent when he is presented with truth he can’t honestly refute he always tries to change the subject by attacking the messenger, in this case it wasn’t even the messenger but the interviewer and people that had nothing to do with the interview - if that’s not evidence he’s smoking pot, well just wait for more.

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

I caught on to PP pretty quickly. Likes to hear himself talk. But all I read are a lot of regurgitated thoughts.

Left wing talking points, I think they pay him to make them up.

I rose by any other name... He is still number one. My little mistake doesn't change that now does it?

sharlee:  I saw Hannity's name and picture on the site and I thought it was a You Tube presentation.  So I didn't watch it.  I just went back and saw that both links were stats for Fox News and Cable News.  I read both of them. And Hannity and Fox News are very popular.  To me that means the country has really become brainwashed  with fake news from Fox and the real new is in the minority.  In part because Trump wants it that way.

I have never smoked pot and never will.  I was just trying to bring some levity into the picture.  But I can understand why you thought it was the truth.  It's because conservatives can't relate to satire, like Bill Maher and Trevor Noah.

I'm confused I didn't see anything about Guiliani in those two links.

I don't just regurgitate my thoughts.  I try to present facts, like Chris Collins.  That was straight from the New York Attorney's presentation, including the FBI and the SEC with charts from the presentation.  If you don't believe it.  That is your problem.  They even brought up the fact that Collins was one of Trump's first supporters, not my idea or thought.

" To me, that means the country has really become brainwashed  with fake news from Fox and the real new is in the minority."

So, I am I to understand you feel people that watch Fox news are being brainwashed?  You have offered your opinion, now here is mine.

What I have observed in regards to comparing cable media is that CNN MSNBC and Fox is that Fox reports all the news. The other two dwell  24/7 on Trump bashing. They report nothing of his accomplishments, in fact, they report very little of any other form of news.  It's surprising to me that anyone can watch this kind of reporting?  It has become pure propaganda.  Fox backs up their reports with facts, not skewed sentences meant to change the context of a story.   CNN and Msnbc spew nothing but hateful rhetoric.  This is most likely why their ratings have suffered?   I don't think people have turned to Fox because they are "brainwashed". I think more watch Fox because they report the news without bias.  Now certainly it is clear some of the show hosts lean right but still, keep to the truth.

I have not been following your posts on Collin's.  It certainly appeared he did commit insider trading.  As did Pelosi and her husband.  Not sure we had to make it political?  Insider trading goes on daily, very easy to spot as a rule, but very hard to prove. Your charts show good proof of insider trading in regard to Collin's.  Pelosi beat it, Collin's may too...  If he committed insider trading, he should incur punishment for breaking the law.

I think you re confusing me with another person or you are possibly deflecting

"I have never smoked pot and never will.  I was just trying to bring some levity into the picture.  But I can understand why you thought it was the truth.  It's because conservatives can't relate to satire, like Bill Maher and Trevor Noah."

You may be confusing one of my comments with someone else. I did not respond to your pot quip?

"I'm confused I didn't see anything about Guiliani in those two links"

Have I not mentioned  Guiliani in any of my posts either?

2. profile image0

All very ,very distant from Trump involvement , Face it Peoplepower Mueller's guilty of grasping at straws just as much as your obstruction party .IT's even becoming more and more proven to the american public that the left is the most corrupt ,the Clintons paying for the dossier , corruption in the deepest parts of the obama administration , the DOJ , The FBI , look at yourselves !  You are so desperate for ANY  "evidence "  that all you have indicted is your own corrupt freeekin party !

Wake up , smell the coffee , it's a new morning .

To boot , you have no party platform for 2020 , no candidate that isn't insane{Cortez } or all used up {Biden },   out of their minds {Harris ,  Kaine ,  Cuomo , De Blasio ,  Sanders ,  }.............Your party should just hang it up and regroup for a few years and let the real leaders lead !

ahorseback:  I'm sure you know the story about the tortoise and the hare?  Mueller is the tortoise and Guilani is the hare.  Guilanai and Trump are busy trying to get away from Mueller, but they are going to burn themselves out and Mueller will win the race. 

He is also like a mole.  He works underground and does not give Trump the time of day.  He is smart that way, because he knows Trump will attack him.  But one day when he is ready he will pop-up.  It just drives Trump and company crazy.

Can you imagine Guiliani telling Mueller, you can interview Trump, but don't ask any questions where he can perjury himself.  That's like saying you robbed a bank and you can only ask me questions where I don't incriminate myself.

1. profile image0

Trump won't be interviewed thus ending the Mueller corruption non-investigation ,   In about two years you on the left will have invented five more phony-issues for obstruction and YOU will even have to be reminded who Mueller even was , Don't worry though , I'll be there to remind.

ahorseback:  Just like you and others remind us of Hillary, Obama, Bill, and others everyday.  It's called whataboutism...what about Hillary; what about Obama;  What about the email;  what about the deep state; and Obama's secret spy ring? Hillary colluded, but Trump didn't. 

Hillary  was also working with rouge nations to make more money.  That's why her cell phones were smashed.  Hillary is crooked, Obama was inept as president and he lied and cheated and that why the liberals screwed up the country.

If Trump has nothing to hide, why won't he be interviewed?  Why won't he release his tax returns?

"If Trump has nothing to hide, why won't he be interviewed?  Why won't he release his tax returns?" Ask Bill Clinton...

Oh, thank you for recognizing  a few of the Clinton grifts. You forgot many, but so did the Obama  DOJ.  But, we have a new administration now... Have you checked out all the new Bruce Ohr stuff? Pretty interesting.  Hillary must be feeling hot breath at her back, and she is so much slower these days.  Too bad Obama hooked up with Hillie and Billie.

2. Raven B profile image60
    Raven Bposted 5 years ago

As a millennial, I see that my generation's point of view gets overlooked, ignored, and sometimes treated like it's stupid. The generations before us seem to think that just because we see things differently we are wrong. I know not everyone is like that but I come from a very conservative, Republican dominant town. I often see the great divide in our country as being the younger vs the older generation. However both sides, Democrat and Republican, have points that they really suck as a political party. (i know someone is going to make a rude comment to this). Take Gun control for example. Democrats usually want more of it but Republicans start picketing saying "Don't take my guns". In reality, most everything I've seen on the subject is not about taking away guns. (i said most).  It's about better control on who can have them.

Just so everyone knows I'm really not confrontational so I hardly ever post about these things and you can attack me online all you want because I don't respond to anything hateful. However, if you want to debate, I'm up for it.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the millennial looks only at the surface without ever digging any deeper?   Example: what is the real difference, in the effect on the people, between saying "You and you can't have a gun" and saying "You and you give me your guns"?  What is the difference between saying "If you have a gun that I decide to define as an 'assault weapon' because I can frighten the ignorant with that terminology, then you must give it to me" and saying "give me your guns"?

1. Raven B profile image60
        Raven Bposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Often times the "You and you" that gun control reform bills effect has nothing to do with everyday law abiding citizens. A lot of what people are trying to push is taking away guns from people that have mental disorders. However, I do understand your viewpoint on assault weapons and that is a perfect example of when people need to learn the difference between semi-auto and automatic. This is also where the media fails us by showing us the extreme left and the extreme right.

Just asking your opinion. How do you feel about people with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and ptsd having guns?

1. profile image0
          promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

He is in favor of it. I have asked him many times.

In that case, I just ask that he does his research on how those mental disorders affect people. I really feel like if he did a deep dive into those specific disorders the only reason not to change his mind at that point is stubbornness.

Raven B:  Welcome to my forum.  You are a breath of fresh air.

Thank you!

1. dianetrotter profile image62
          dianetrotterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love it!  Thank you for commenting Raven.  It helps me decompress!

3. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Welcome, Raven. You make thoughtful points. If you get attacked, most likely it will come from extremists.

I agree both parties have serious problems because both parties are under too much influence from extremist voters and campaign contributors.

I applaud your independence and rational opinions. I hope you keep posting.

Thank you! I really try to look at both sides of a topic before I decide my stance. Usually, I find that both sides have good points and that they could probably work together to find a solution to problems.

4. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Gun control will be transformed within 25 years.

All you have to do is look at the vanguard Liberal states to see where it is going (NY and CA).  It is becoming very hard if not illegal to own any weapon that can be converted to automatic in those states.  In order to carry a weapon in those states the hurdles an individual faces is excessive.  These States are on a Progressive march to reach the ultimate goal of making them illegal completely.

To own a gun in Germany a person must be 18 years old.
      Prove trustworthiness through an interview (and a full psychiatric interview).
      Demonstrate personal adequacy and expert knowledge (train once a month at a shooting range for one year straight).
      Show a necessity for needing a firearm.
      Buy personal insurance for the weapon and your use of it.
      Allow a firearms expert to ensure you are storing and transporting the weapons safely.
      Have no history of drug or alcohol abuse.
      Have no history of any violence.
      Have no felony convictions.
      Have no history of mental illness.

Within 25 years both NY and CA will be far stricter than that, as will many other states in America.

Now, that said, look at reality and consider Arizona where with a few common sense exceptions there are no restrictions on guns. The registration of firearms is not necessary.  In addition, there is no requirement of permits or application for license to purchase, posses, or carry firearms.

People walk around the streets of Arizona with guns on their hips, and this is the primary reason why they don't have mass shootings in Arizona.  Not that there haven't been attempts in Arizona, there have been, but when every other person is carrying a pistol, those attacks don't get very far.

Now lets consider the worst mass murders we have seen in the last decade.  Mostly focused on schools and churches, where guns are strictly prohibited and there is no protection/defense for the people there.

A couple of the exceptions to that, was a night club, and a theatre, both places where guns are not allowed.  In the case of the theatre it was in a 'no guns allowed' community.

Mental instability, proven by doctors and medical history, should be an absolute bar from these people ever owning a gun.  This is just common sense, if the person is a threat to themselves and the public, their rights to owning a gun should be forfeited just like their rights to freedom in general is restricted.  That the NRA has fought against this is what has turned me off from the NRA... the NRA used to be about teaching citizens and youth about handling guns properly and having respect for them.  Now they spend their money fighting court battles so the insane can have access to guns.

You have to choose where and when to pick your battles, and considering some 10-to-20% of Americans have to be on psychotropic drugs just to be allowed (able to function) in public, that's 10-to-20% of the population that should never be allowed near a gun.

If restrictions on the mentally unstable and known terrorist affiliation individuals had been in place, keeping them from having access to guns, almost every single mass shooting that has occurred in the past dozen years may have been averted.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And the female Russian spy had no trouble finding either approval or companionship in the NRA. Yes, the NRA is subject to being corrupted, as is any powerful organization.

1. Credence2 profile image79
          Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is a difference between conservatives and progressives, I don't see how creating a Wyatt Earp or Bat Masterson environment as something that is moving us forward on this issue.

The idea of large numbers of people walking about armed is just going to prompt more shootings rather than prevent them.

There is no taking "one side" or the other. This is clearly a conservative attitude and will always rub against my grain.

Imagine, some insanity in Texas suggesting that students on College campuses be allowed to conceal carry? That is just great, an 18 year old dealing with learning proper control of the mix of gasoline and alcohol, now we add gunpowder to the mix?

2. Raven B profile image60

I agree with the majority of what you are saying, Ken Burgess.

I haven't looked into other countries laws on guns. So I don't have much to say about it but If something is working in another country I see no reason that we shouldn't learn from them.

Just a little tidbit of info. In 1967 The NRA supported an open carry ban in California.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nra-c … carry-ban/

Credence2, I do believe that people should have to have training and laws should be in place such as don't carry a weapon while under the influence. However, It is hard to ignore the fact that Arizona has very little problems with mass shootings. So maybe this their gun policies make group setting safer. But if you look at Arizona's other statistics you can see that just because there aren't mass shootings does not mean that there isn't gun violence. In 2016 AZ had 1,094 Gun deaths, 303 of those were homicides, 755 were suicides, 10 undecided, and 11 from legal intervention.

Thanks, Raven B.

When you look at Arizona, there is no requirement for training to purchase or own a gun.

I would say the Arizona is not exemplary in regards to avoiding mass shooting there are more than a handful of states that are less far less violent than Arizona. U.S House of Representative Giffords was shot and almost killed by a shooter having a semi-automatic weapon and there was some fatalities resulting from this shooting, this just in 2011.

The idea that would people want to live in a society where everybody is armed, assures that there will be more gun related fatalities. We as a society and culture should have long evolved beyond the paradyme of the American Wild West. But, not so with conservatives....

Welcome Hard Sun, Randy Goodwin, Raven B, and Credence 2.  So glad you guys are on board.  It's nice to hear the sound of reasonableness again.

1. hard sun profile image78
              hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There is still some sanity in America. Whenever Trumpians start the passive aggressive rants and then try to play the victim, I always think of this pic. This is the political environment they wanted. They wanted to further divide America and thought it was funny. Anyone who disagrees with them is a "snowflake" yet when you talk bad about Trump they act like you desecrated a sacred religious icon. Snowflakes are kinda cool anyway.

https://hubstatic.com/14162716.jpg

1. profile image0

You  admittedly had the job of lobbying and promoting this kind of hate , Yet , now you stand offended by all the hate you helped create ?

Isn't that interesting ?

Not quite lobbying for Trump style hate, but I did what it took to feed my family and am glad I don't have to do that anymore. The hate is in your, and these individual's hearts anyway. Who are you horsey? I'm done with the horse with no name for awhile. It gets old exposing your foolishness.

1. profile image0

"Not quite............... "  that kind of like "well maybe " ?

2. jackclee lm profile image81
                jackclee lmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don, who started this fight? Did Trump or his detractors? Whether you like him or not, it is an important distinction. If someone is attacked first, he has the right to defend himself. No?

Obama voters were all about the "hopey changey" thing remember? Not this. Trump's people ratcheted up this mess.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76

That person was stopped by civilians in the Giffords shooting.

I have no problem with training being mandatory, range time being mandatory, background checks and licensing being mandatory.  The arguments against these 'common sense' laws that the NRA takes is why I no longer support the NRA, that and their efforts to continuously allow the mentally unstable and terrorist affiliated to have access to guns.

I firmly support not allowing people who are not trained, not licensed access to guns.  Those unwilling to take those steps don't deserve the right to have easy access to deadly weapons. 

But I also know that the terrorists and mentally unstable would find other ways to achieve their goals however, we see this with terrorists using trucks to mow down dozens of innocent civilians and when Oklahoma City was bombed by Timothy McVeigh.

That's a good start, at least you have a problem with indiscriminate gun slinging. Unlike so many conservatives, you can see a place for restraint.

Those numbers for Arizona are about the same number as Illinois in 2016, so making guns harder to own, or illegal to own, doesn't impact those stats much.

With 400 million guns in the country, it might not be that easy to enforce no matter what the laws are.

Arizona does not suffer excessive gun violence despite almost no laws and no enforcements. 

The bulk of irrational mass murders are committed by the mentally unstable, or the extremist indoctrinated terrorist types.

What is scary, is the overwhelming effort to counter this reality by our media.  The only reason I can fathom they are going through such efforts to blame the guns, not those who committed the crimes that had significant and documented mental health issues (or terrorist ties), is that the ultimate goal is to make guns illegal (except for those that can afford to have an armed security force around them at all times).

"Repeat after me: Mass shooters are not disproportionately mentally ill."

This is the opening line of a meme that's been circulating in the aftermath of the shooting in Parkland, Fla.

But this and other efforts to downplay the role of mental illness in mass shootings are simply misleading. There is a clear relationship between mental illness and mass public shootings.

When we focus more narrowly on mass public shootings, an extreme and, fortunately, rare form of violence, we see an extremely high rate of mental illness.

Mother Jones found a 61% rate of mental health problems among perpetrators of mass shootings when the magazine examined 62 cases in 2012.

Include what has occurred since 2012, such as those that have occurred in TX, FL, NV, NC, CT and the percentage jumps to 73%.

That's not including those known extremist/terrorist types.  So, what we have are a lot of mass murders being committed by people who already had 'red flags' and should never have been allowed to legally purchase or own a gun, or have access to them.

The New York Times cited research showing that, in fact, mass murderers are nearly 20 times more likely to have a "severe" mental illness than the general population.

3. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

With a primary distinction, most media is biased to the good side, they advocate for what is righteous and beneficial to the majority of Americans while fox channel attracts the haters, white nationalist, KKKers and nazi sympathizers, you know, the losers my ancestors fought and defeated in WW2, just go take a look at Laura Inraham's latest hateful racist rant:

She was lucky last time a few months ago when sponsors dumped her like a rotten potato, I don't think sponsors will take the financial risk of staying with her this time:

1. dianetrotter profile image62
      dianetrotterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm watching it closely!  She didn't use a dog whistle.  She used a bullhorn.  "There was LESS LEGAL immigration!"

To all my friends who hate CNN:  Let me remind you, I started this forum with this introduction:

"At this moment if you are watching CNN, they are showing over 10,000 people marching and protesting about Trump.  If you watch Fox New, they are talking about all the great accomplishments Trump has done while being in the UK.  And in the lower right corner of the screen, barely visible in a very small frame is the feed of the protest, which they don't even acknowledge as being there.  They are two separate realities."

For those of  you that think CNN is one sided, this tells me you have never watched CNN and/or have been brainwashed about what CNN is or isn't. 

CNN panels always have guest on, like Jeffery Lord, Kellyanne Conway, Jim Cortez and other right wingers who present the other side.  Then there is Chris Cuomo whose show is based on point-counter point.  He always has guests who debate each side.  That is the premise of his show.

I have a remote control that by pushing the Previous  button, I can switch form Fox to CNN in one push of the button.  It is interesting to see how different their content and format are from almost the same moment in time.

Trump told Lesly Stahl's of 60 minutes why he calls MSM fake news.  It's because if he is criticized by the MSM, no one will believe them.  The link is at the bottom of these comments.

He poisons the well ahead of time with name calling of his opponents and saying that when he is going into competing that they should be fair to him.  Because if he loses, it was because they did not play fair.

Everything his says, does or is going to do is bigger, better, more beautiful, more winning, and every other exaggerated adjective you can think of.

Why should MSM journalist support him when he calls them the enemy of the people and fake news?

I give you all of this because I hope you can see Trump for what he really is, a child who never learned that lying, name calling, and exaggeration are bad when you are president and it will catch up with him in time.

Here is the link to the Lesly Stahl interview.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/lesley-st … ump-press/ via @CBSNLive

1. profile image0

"The Child" in the mix is you Peoplepower and all of those who believe our media "fair and balanced ",  interestingly as Fox calls itself  that very term and they are .   When an entire ideology declares itself the" Resistance "or "Obstructionists" of our president   your very terms remind me of the Antifa movement  , immature , youthful idealists , once a definition that all people understood of both party's , now however you AND your party have adopted the extremes of your fringe  movements and good luck where that IS taking you!

Trump won an election fair and square,   at which time your entire party nationwide  lost over one thousand political office seats ,  in fact the predictions this fall are of your losing even more seats . These 2016  developments should actually scare your party leaders , IF you actually possessed such a thing  ,  these 2016 developments should have forced a new party platform - to date it hasn't  !  These 2016 developments should have forced your people towards new DNC leadership , They haven't .

What are democrats doing in 2018 ?   They are still resisting a 2016 election outcome . Brilliant Peoplepower , Keep up that awesome party work .
        Keep focusing on yesterday , wasting today and denying  your selves  tomorrow and see how that works out for democrats  ?

In the mean time , your putting forth the same tired  Bernie Sanders socialism message with a new Cortez face on it  WHILE WE ALL WATCH as the much touted example of a new  Venezuela  mentality crumbles around you .        Keep up the great cause comrades .

ahorseback:  Meanwhile, Trump is the obstructionist of justice. I ask you once again if he hasn't nothing to hide, why does he refuse to be questioned by Mueller?  Where are his tax returns? 

He and Guiliani play this cat and mouse game, now you see me now you don't.  Guiliani says that Trump will only be interviewed, if they play nice with him, so that he can't possible perjury himself.  Just like I said, he is child wearing grown up clothes.

I don't lie, exaggerate, and call people names, like Trump does.  As far as you guys winning everything, it's not over until the fat lady sings. Don't call me comrade, get out of the sixties.

You are miss-construing my comments. I'm not concerned about my party.  You don't get it. I don't like Trump, plain and simple.  I think he is the biggest pr*ck in the world.  Do you understand now? Oh and one more thing, I could care less about Hillary losing.  You are the ones who keep bringing it up.

1. jackclee lm profile image81

Its a free country. You can like or dislike anyone elected. What is happening now is over the top hatred for this President. Do you deny it?
            That is why term TDS is so accurate. It speaks of a group of people in the media, and hollywood and the Washington insiders of both party,  who hate this guy so much that they are willing to destroy their own credibility in going after Trump unfairly. I think that is the difference this time around. Even in the days of Reagan, there was not this much over the top hatred...

Look at the hate-filled statement our so called president puts out almost every day. He sets the example, his supporters follow, and then they cry foul when others hate back. This is so clear that it's almost unreal that so many claim to not see it. It makes sense though, I've had zero faith in humanity on a sociological level since I was a teenager.

I know teenagers now that see things much more clearly than many 65 -year-olds. Sad things brewing in America these days.

Hard Sun,  I have a question, and please do not take my request as any form of negative gesture. The subject of this thread is division, and clearly, it has taken many turns, none of them getting to the heart of the very a difficult problem.  The first sentence in your comment made me sit up, and realize I needed to ask you a question.

"Look at the hate-filled statement our so called president puts out almost every day."

Hopefully, you will answer my question, and I don't get inundated with responses that deflect from the subject.

Could you provide me with just one statement that president Trump made in the last week or so that leaves you believing our president puts out "hate-filled statements almost every day? Please do not rehash some of his famous rude statements he made while campaigning. Because he made some very rude statements while campaigning.   I m trying to get to the reason you have come to feel Trump makes a hateful statement almost daily.

My motive is honest and simple, I hope to learn from your answer.
                Thank you for considering my question.

Sharlee:  I will take a crack at it.  This is from USA Today, five days ago:  This is what Trump said:

Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon,” Trump tweeted Friday night. “He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!”

First of all, it’s LeBron, not “Lebron.” Second, didn’t Trump call Bill Maher “the dumbest man on television” on Jan. 14, 2013? Are we to believe Maher got smarter in the interim or Lemon dumber?

Third, shouldn’t the president of the United States have higher priorities than immediate payback for perceived slights?   

“A sign of an insecure human being is one who attacks others to make themselves feel better,” read a tweet from former Louisville star Donovan Mitchell's account on Saturday. “(I’m) just sad that young kids have to see stupid tweets like these and grow up thinking it’s okay ... forget everything else Donald your (sic) setting a bad example for kids.”

Moreover, in responding to recurring jabs from James with a gratuitous, unsubstantiated shot at his brainpower, Trump has picked an unusually unpromising fight.

James has spent his entire adult life as a celebrity and without the slightest scent of scandal or impropriety. He has stayed married to his high school sweetheart while Trump is on his third marriage and boasted about grabbing women by the genitals.

Like Trump, James has earned a billion dollars, but without six corporate bankruptcies.

In donating $50 million for the Akron “I Promise” school that opened Monday, James is providing an on-site food bank for students and job placement assistance for their parents. Each student is issued a bicycle and every graduate, beginning in 2021, is guaranteed free tuition at the University of Akron.

2. hard sun profile image78

"Hopefully, you will answer my question, and I don't get inundated with responses that deflect from the subject. " --That's not me.

All I have to do is open his Twitter feed to see un-presidential hate-filled statements. Here's a sample that took about three minutes. Hate-filled statements are meant to disparage others and divide Americans. He excels at this. It is his M.O. He loves to attack the media so they will attack him. He attacks any American and American institution that he disagrees with on  anything. It's dirty and low politics at its worst.

"Democrats, please do not distance yourselves from Nancy Pelosi. She is a wonderful person whose ideas & policies may be bad, but who should definitely be given a 4th chance. She is trying very hard & has every right to take down the Democrat Party if she has veered too far left!"

Deliberately causing division:

"The NFL players are at it again - taking a knee when they should be standing proudly for the National Anthem. Numerous players, from different teams, wanted to show their “outrage” at something that most of them are unable to define. They make a fortune doing what they love......"

Name calling..only fools disagree with Trump?

"Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!"

"Tariffs have had a tremendous positive impact on our Steel Industry. Plants are opening all over the U.S., Steelworkers are working again, and big dollars are flowing into our Treasury. Other countries use Tariffs against, but when we use them, foolish people scream!"

"Tariffs will make our country much richer than it is today. Only fools would disagree. We are using them to negotiate fair trade deals and, if countries are still unwilling to negotiate, they will pay us vast sums of money in the form of Tariffs. We win either way......"

"This is an illegally brought Rigged Witch Hunt run by people who are totally corrupt and/or conflicted. It was started and paid for by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats. Phony Dossier, FISA disgrace and so many lying and dishonest people already fired. 17 Angry Dems? Stay tuned!"

Attacking the media:

"The Republicans have now won 8 out of 9 House Seats, yet if you listen to the Fake News Media you would think we are being clobbered. Why can’t they play it straight, so unfair to the Republican Party and in particular, your favorite President!"

Hate-filled fear mongering:

"Democrats want Open Borders and they want to abolish ICE, the brave men and women that are protecting our Country from some of the most vicious and dangerous people on earth! Sorry, we can’t let that happen! Also, change the rules in the Senate and approve STRONG Border Security!"

Attacking the media:

"Too bad a large portion of the Media refuses to report the lies and corruption having to do with the Rigged Witch Hunt - but that is why we call them FAKE NEWS!"

"Why aren’t Mueller and the 17 Angry Democrats looking at the meetings concerning the Fake Dossier and all of the lying that went on in the FBI and DOJ? This is the most one sided Witch Hunt in the history of our country. Fortunately, the facts are all coming out, and fast!"

Most of this sounds like the rantings of a pissed off third-grader. I mean, he makes up childish nicknames for anyone who has an issue with something he says or does. But, others are full of hate for calling this type of behavior out? This is not how what America, or any nation, needs. His rallies are even worse. Maybe I can go into that tomorrow.

I have a  few questions.

Do you think Trump is dividing Americans or bringing us together?  If he is dividing us, is this his fault, or someone else's? After all, he's the President. Doesn't it all start with him?

I appreciate your taking time to answer my question. Thanks

I think the difference is how the media and Hollywood have attacked this President and distort his every action.  Compared to how they supported Obama and excused his every action (if bad) or hyped them (if good).

What is equally concerning is the outside forces that are actually paying people to show up at rallies (riots), which then gives the biased media something to point at and report about, giving a far more distorted view of just where our country stands regarding these issues.

Fortunately most of America votes their wallets first and foremost, and if the economy remains strong that makes Trump undefeatable.  Not that the Democrats have presented any type of alternative that could muster up support enough to defeat him... hence they pin their hopes on controlling Congress and Impeaching him.

"What is equally concerning is the outside forces that are actually paying people to show up at rallies (riots), which then gives the biased media something to point at and report about, giving a far more distorted view of just where our country stands regarding these issues."

I just want to point out that this has been going on for a long time. As a team leader for a lobbying firm, I know we would call people urging them to go to rallies, give them rides to events, reimburse them for gas, etc. This was mainly for right-wing causes. We did this most for anti-Obamacare rallies and gun control, Tea Party matters. We also took them to town halls to speak up for pharmaceuticals, medical technologies etc. Now, I worked for a lobbying firm that mainly did right-wing causes and when we facilitated rally attendance it was never to make a cause look dumb or outrageous. The participants did that themselves, and the big lobbying guys in DC laughed at them all the way to the bank.

3. peoplepower73 profile image89

Jack:  TDS is a made up name with no scientific bearing.  You know it and I know it.  I didn't vote for Trump because I didn't like him then and I don't like him now.  He has done nothing to give me any reason to like him. 

I can go into all the reasons I don't like him, but I think that would be an exercise in futility for both of us.  Let's just suffice it to say, I don't like his personality as a person or as president. 

It has nothing to do with TDS.  That connotes a buildup of frustration.  I'm not frustrated, I just don't like the way he conducts himself as a president.  I don't like his past, I don't like his present, and more than likely, I won't like his future.

I'm not willing to overlook all his BS in the hopes of what he can do for me, like so many of his supporters are doing.  So far I'm not impressed with anything that he has done with this country.  It is all smoke and mirrors. 

Have a good day Jack.

TDS is simply a Fox Talking Point which cons use to justify why the left is so unworthy. Sez Hannity! lol

1. profile image0

But You guys had TDS even before he was elected ...........Ya , you all got it alright .
                  https://hubstatic.com/14161932.jpg

Horse, this is the last time I'm asking you not to address me. I have absolutely no interest in what a nameless faceless individual has to say about anything on any subject. If you continue to do so, it will be considered harassment.

4. profile image0

You people hate Fox , Breitbart and similar news because you can't handle honesty , truth and real solutions to ongoing social , government and cultural problems , you'd rather side with a agenda that supports your ideology 100 % much like the Nazi's did ,    much like the Leninists , the Maoists , It's really a wonder at all that socialism hasn't slammed into a democratic America much, much  sooner than it has with your party's brilliance  brainwashing our youth and children .

Racism has NOTHING to do with legal immigration , but when a ethnicity  of people are subjecting our borders to constant migratory  escapism , you've managed once again to scream RACISM  because that's the only understanding you can attain from , for one , NEVER reading your own constitution .     One has to wonder where and if  liberals  here ,who are for open borders, actually ever attained an education in the first place , certainly you can prove a diploma or two ? Read the Constitution ! Try it , it could actually enlighten you  to the actual rule of law !.

Right on ahorseback. You are so accurate in this description of the loons here. I am so sick of hearing their rants about white nationalism and alt right when those people aren’t on the right but the left- they hate Trump and have nothing in common with his beliefs or policies. Just listen to this

https://youtu.be/MHXL00wY3nY

Alt right has nothing to do with conservatism and everything to do with the left

TSAD:  Here is Trump and the height of Hypocrisy about chain migration.  Can you handle it?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/politics … index.html

TSAD:  I watched that link and that is the biggest bunch of BS, I have every watched.  If you believe that presentation, then I have a bridge I can sell you in Brooklyn.

5. profile image0

Ken Burgess ,  Gun Control in 25 years ?  How about changes to First amendment  ?  How about  changes to the fifth amendment rights ?     No ,  there will be no affective infringement on the second amendment like there has been no infringement to date , most ruled unconstitutional , Other than state and localised failures disguised as  lousy attempts to "control "out of control crime .

With all of the available criminal justice statistics , studies , and experiments  in  gun controls the single biggest lesson learned in them is the need and the absolute failure in constructive criminal control !    Gun free zones - already disproven .   Assault weapons bans of Clinton's era -disproven and unconstitutional  .  Handgun bans -ineffective .       All that's ever been proven is that criminals totally ignore all attempts at gun control.

I advise all of you to watch the complete police interrogation of Nicholas Cruz , the Parkland shooter  on U -Tube .  Lesson one for all of you -- There is no controlling {by law }the  mentally disturbed criminal ,  There is no controlling { by law } the gun crime criminal ,

In the ATF  FBI background checks there are already questions about a  firearm purchasers mental health history ,  his legal history , his  criminal and citizenship history ,  These questions have been there for years  , Fact .       Now , How have those worked out in controlling the acquisition of firearms by criminals , by the mentally disturbed , by the illegal immigrant ? 

What is it about the mentality of an ideology mostly against gun owners and the second amendment that continually ignores the most obvious evidence before your very eyes ,   All the laws in the world have not affected the illegal acts that they are written to protect us from  , yet , You all would write another page full of new legislation to accomplish "more "?

Ken , I know you're not against firearms , or they're owners but to cave politically to the social reengineers  and their agenda  , to cave to the hypocrisy of  ineffective legislators , to cave to the will of the intellectually uninformed here  , is wrong and it's totally  ineffective in controlling any future violence.

6. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Reported!

1. profile image0

Reported !

7. profile image0

I've  noticed there is a blatant need among some  liberals to offend like there's no tomorrow through their TDS and then when someone hands their refuse  back to them on a stick ---they get all offended ? Suggestion , Go write a poem to self or something , You don't belong in political forums,  children .

You belong in a stable with the livestock. You're crying now, and are always the first to  start it.

1. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14162080.jpg

For those of you needing .

I see you already have them. Keep em..you're gonna need em. This is just too much fun. At least I don't hide.

1. profile image0

And your name is REALLY hard sun .

Keep on trying .

It's on my page genius. This is just too easy.

1. profile image0

Am I supposed to care ........and Why ?

Dude, you brought it up and then stepped in it..something else. Later horsey

1. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14162094.jpg

8. profile image0

Mental Illness OR  Insanity ,  One uses a gun to commit a crime of passion from a mental weakness  , the other think that they can stop an act of mental illness with more legislation ?   

You pick .

9. profile image0

By Now , The left has more than openly proven and admitted they want a highly controlled  socialist / democracy ,  That is exactly what gun control is all about .  That is merely a continuum of Obama's socially reengineered  USA ,   That is why altering the very foundation of our constitutional law is all about .

More gun control is not going to happen anytime soon in the USA , Why ?  Because we have a president that is front loading the supreme court  with constitutionalist  judges FOR constitutional  protections . Much the same way that Obama loaded it for his agenda , by nominating  alt-socialists.

Much like some of the people right here in these forums , the most dangerous ingredient to acts of gun violence or any violence is the fact that a growing percentage of Americans are living lives addicted to mind altering opioids and other ingredients  .

Mass shootings ,  gun crimes and and accidental shooting  are so far down the list of  reasons for US deaths as to make it less important than WHY our society is self destructing  in the first place . drug use , alcoholism , unhindered criminal behavior , mental illness ,increased gang crime , a plague of unhinged personal accountability ,

While the idiocy of intellectualism without common sense demands more legislation to control something so completely uncontrollable as mental illness ?--- America doesn't even have a comprehensive mental HEALTH program  which means that having a mental illness program is EVEN further down that same path.

Note ; The Las Vegas shooter investigation just released this finding ;  They can find NO motive for that shooting .   Apparently mental illness isn't even on the radar for mass shootings , BUT good luck legislating mental health .

50 Million  people in America have a mental illness ,  One out of five people  and that is simply a guess by the best  minds ?  And America doesn't even have a  comprehensive mental healthcare system ?     Yet , you in America who want more gun controls , also want other more important entitlements like a free guaranteed minimum wage , free higher education , free day care , free drug prescriptions ?

But keep working on that gun control because "it's working "?

10. profile image0

It is the ideology of leading softer on crime friendly legislations , The ACLU , The Southern Law School ,   Prisoners Rights Organization ,Amnesty International , Human Rights Watch , Anti-Defamation League , National bar Association , and about forty other liberal associations  that have collectively softened and shortened the sentences of criminals who's recidivism is responsible for over seventy percent of gun crimes .

Recidivism ;   Responsible for most gun crimes , Look no further than this one factor , most gun crimes are committed by repeat criminals .  People who from teenager years are best friends of the courts , of activist judges and apathetic  legal system offices .

Now  , against all reason , the liberal majority news {Social } media is declaring more gun crimes "mass shootings " than ever before .
    Why is any shooting involving more than two people is considered  a "Mass Shooting " now ?  A little media integrity would go along ways in solving any gun crimes at all but for mass school shootings  for instance , our media , the systemic failure of the justice system , and public apathy ,  Nothing will ever get solved because you're all looking in the wrong place .  Designing a solution bent on misinformation and phony outrage .

Keep up the great humanitarian work Liberals . Other than the natural drop in all major crimes , nothing you have proposed and acted upon so far has accomplished anything !

11. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14162969.png

And yet you people keep pushing more gun legislation  and constitutional change all the while blaming Trump for calling the media the enemy ?
    Hypocritical  , best describes the left at that point !

1. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi there ahorseback. Would you still feel confident using this meme to support your point if you understood it is almost certainly bogus?

The quote has been around since 1967, and has been unconfirmed since then - no one has been able to provide a source of attribution

Plus, there is the fact that the Nazi government didn't enact new gun laws until 1938. And those were a liberalization of the 1928 Wiemar government gun laws.

Hmm... just saying,  you know me and those Hitler comparisons. Almost never a good place to stand.

GA

1. profile image0

Well, if Hitler talk makes you uncomfortable , let's talk about London's increased violence of late or  Sidney  Australia's violent crime  problems lately since the two are or were  used for gun legislation comparisons .  And as to Germany , some very "grey"  controversial material about whether or not Hitler attempted to  disarm or was successful in the partial disarmament of civilians and  enemy[s]. is all you can call me out on .
        Either way , Hitler  attempted it .

ahorseback:  This is what Hitler really did with his "Hitler Youth Organization."  He never took guns away from the kids.  As a matter of fact they were given weapons and  trained in paramilitary techniques. And when old enough, they were installed  into the NAZI War Machine.

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-hi … into-nazis

1. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14163030.jpg

Hitler did a lot of things with his guns against unarmed  people but I don't really need your history lesson peoplepower ,  my Father directly educated us about all of that .    I do find it interesting that if offered , the left today is perfectly willing to rewrite history to defend their points , That's something  Hitler did too.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Hitler talk" doesn't make me uncomfortable ahorseback, it just affects my perception of the comment that includes it.

We don't need to change direction and bring in London or Australia, we can stick with the Hitler point of my response.

I haven't found much "gray" regarding Nazi Germany's gun control efforts. It is relatively clear that Hitler did disarm the Jews, but for the rest of the population, it appears gun control restrictions were actually relaxed a bit.

But that too is beside the point of my comment. You were "called out" only in the context of a question about your confidence and promotion of an almost certainly* bogus meme.

*I say almost certainly because 50 yrs. of trying haven't been able to confirm the attribution of the quote, and the quote date is historically very improbable.

If that doesn't bother you because you like the message, then that is another issue.

GA

2. hard sun profile image78

Politifake.org? Are you serious? You see, there really is FAKE NEWS. It's called absolutely no sources, or even satire. Real news gets things wrong now and then, and may even be a little biased, especially on opinion pieces about Presidents that continually attack freedom of the press.

The Skeptical Liberarian
      https://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2 … sarmament/

"irst, no source for this quote (if people bother citing any) checks out. It is generally sourced to an address from Hitler to the Reichstag: Adolph Hitler, ‘Abschied vom Hessenland!’ [‘Farewell to Hessia!’], [‘Berlin Daily’ (loose English translation)], Apr. 15, 1935, page 3, Einleitung Von Eberhard Beckmann [Introduction by Eberhard Beckmann].

Bernard Harcout, political science chair at the University of Chicago, writes, “[This] infamous quote is probably a fraud and was likely never uttered. The citation reference is a jumbled and incomprehensible mess that has never been properly identified or authenticated, and no one has been able to produce a document corresponding to the quote. It has been the subject of much research, all of it fruitless, and has now entered the annals of urban legend.”"

OK...I see this has been pointed out already. I'm glad the forum didn't let that one slide.

12. profile image0

Considering that Obama's plan and result acted upon was to raise the fuel standards starting in 2009 by about 5 % a year , Effectively Trump is eliminating  Obama's increases !

Yet to the left Trump is polluting ? Go figure !

ahorseback:  I hate to tell you this, but raising fuel standards results in less pollution.  Lowering fuel standards like Trump is doing increases pollution.

It also increases the profits of the oil companies because they don't have to do  as much refinement and processing.

It also causes more depletion of the ozone layer which contributes to global warming, which contributes to more severe weather patterns, which causes, more floods, which causes people losing their houses and lives...Go figure !

1. profile image0

Okay ,Poeoplepower Gore ; It also costs more to the consumer , it causes companies like  Volkswagen and many others  to lie and "adjust " emissions metering ,  it has caused our energy prices steadily inch upwards ,   leads to carbon tax talk , makes liberals insane in Califonika  who own the most cars  and wildfires , And totally distracts college kids from their studies but hey ......................everybody needs a cause .

2. Credence2 profile image79

Geez, Peoplepower, this stuff is Conservation 101, who could fail to understand these basics?

1. profile image0

See above.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Who? See above!  lol

Hey, Randy, the Horse serves a purpose with his topic lines he gives me the opportunity to expose and discredit the themes, ideas and heroes of the political Right, one piece at a time.....

13. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14163096.jpg

We can debate the Hitler view on taking guns all day long , it won't change the concept of disarming an armed populace for  nefarious, and purposefully insane purposes will it .

14. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Pot...kettle

15. profile image0

The left in America and your media has promoted Putin , Russia and every conspiracy plan they have against the western world ten thousand times better than even Russia itself has . By  false charges of collusion and keeping them alive in the western news media .

How ? Why ?   Picture says it all .
    https://hubstatic.com/14163850.jpg

Agree 100%.
      The left in this country has done more damage to our government than Russia or China can ever do. That says it all.

16. profile image0

Peoplepower , Seeings how my name is brought up , I'll jump in here .  A  couple on the left see my posts as personal attacks , they are not however of a personal nature .     For purposes of learning curve here , I learned long ago that  getting banned for personal attacks ,or whatever the reasons,  isn't a good way to go if I want to enjoy the ability to post in these forums.

I  DO however have a deep disrespect for what I view as an ideology that is preordained  to the destruction of traditional american beliefs.  That is likely anti-constitutional ,  that is trying to alter the very fabric of not only our national make up  , but of the conservative party as well.  Still ,I do not and cannot hate the people of the left because  I have many in my own family .
    The ideology ? Yes.

EVEN THOUGH I believe this ideology has declared an ideological war on the American right  ,  has severely and irrevocably altered the foundation of it's own party , has openly declared that conservatives are the enemy .  and is using the extremely liberal friendly news media  to deliver that strategy ,  I do not hate the people I debate with . As you say , we have developed a relationship of respect here , even taking into account that we may even be influenced by each others points.

17. profile image0

I HOPE TRUMP CONTINUES his war against the fake news media until one of two things happens , The News Media gets it's collective and totally abusive head out of it's a$$ and it very much needs to , OR Trump is indicted for even one of the hundreds of phony accusations against him by the New Party of Political Obstructionists.

NPPO's { they used to be called democrats }

Horse, I too hope the fast and furious media bias ends. It's hard to know where one can find unbias reporting any more.  CNN's ratings get worse each week. Just my opinion, but many journalists have lost their credibility.

It is clear, many in the media will not accept Trump due to what appears mostly to his personality traits, and his what they view a lack of values. Trump threatens the status quo in what many feel a president should be. 

I hope you are following the ongoing dossier investigation. Congress is daily uncovering the real obstruction, and piling up facts. The latest Ohr emails are very condemning and will provide a big nail fo the coffin.  I think much of this dossier evidence has come out of the Mueller investigation. The new Bruce Ohr emails were published last week in the Hill.  CNN and MSNBC are not covering the story.  Bruce was very careless with his emails... Also, we await the Inspector General Horowitz investigation on the once again Hillary Clinton emails. He runs a tight ship, no leaks, no funny business. It will be very interesting to hear what he comes up with.

I agree the media has accused Trump of many crimes. However, if one stops in their own tracks, take a minute to think logically, hey might realize so far there is no proof of any crime. Plus would not common sense tell one with all the investigations, and media digging, would not the smallest crime be up turned? They do continue to turn personality flaws as well as what they deem moral flaws. However, is this news or is it just building blocks of hate against the president?

18. profile image0

I wonder what all of the nay -sayers are going to do when Trump's re-elected by a landslide ?

Whine?

19. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

Our country is divided as it has always been since the beginning when there were those who remained loyal to King George III. The enlightened and the unenlightened. Fortunately balloons filled with helium tend to rise. Enlightenment is like helium.

Hang tight, those of you who know the truth! smile

Interesting perspective;
    http://www.ouramericanrevolution.org/in … iew/pp0022

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

A people divided can be controlled, a people united cannot be.

If all Americans are united in something, the government is forced to grant it.

The job of the media is to ensure Americans are divided, or in favor of laws and policies that the Corporations want.

The current 'clean-up' of the internet, and the collaboration now between MSM news and Apple, YouTube, Facebook is to ensure the information Americans have available to them to base decisions on, is only that which the MSM presents.

It will not be effective, it will eventually make YouTube and Facebook as ineffective as CNN and MSNBC are today, people will move to new platforms like https://www.bitchute.com/ where freedom of speech is not being censored.

On an aside, for those of you who have invested into GOOG (YouTube) and FB (Facebook) you might want to pull your money now while its near all time highs, because the very thing that made them so popular which was the ability to speak freely, communicate to like-minded individuals, and watch anyone and anything they wanted, is now being restricted... this absolutely will drive people away by the millions to new platforms that do not censor and are not pushing the Doublethink Newspeak era we have entered into.

The purpose of commercial television is to have sponsors pitch their products via commercials.  They want the viewers to hang in long enough to watch the commercials.  That's what soap operas and all sportscasts are about, especially the super bowl.

I believe today's newscasts are no different.  They provide the news content and want you to hang in there until the next segment so sponsors can pitch their products. That's why everything is breaking news.

If all newscasters provided the same content, there would be no need to have more than one.  The other outlets would not be able to have their sponsors pitch their products and the revenue from the sponsors to the owner of the outlets would be much less.

The only way one news source would work is the way it was done in the past.  Where there was the evening news.  It lasted one hour and it had a point/counter point format. The audience could then make up their minds as to what they thought was appropriate content. 

But then somebody figured out how we could have 24 hour echo chambers with commercials in between the content. And with different content to meet politically different needs. That's why we have Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Alex Jones et al.

I remember the talent shows that lasted one hour and at the end of the hour, the winner was decided by the audience.  Again somebody figured out how to make these into reality shows that last for complete seasons, the purpose of which is to sell commercial products so that the owners can make tons of money that can be doled out to all of those involved.

So it is not only about politics, but it is about following the money as well.

Ken, I don't know of any news entity that censors freedom of speech besides Trump. He tells people what to believe and not believe.  This is what he said: "Stick with us. Don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news. ... What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

Please tell me who or what is censoring freedom of speech.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

Better get your news from Alex Jones or just directly from Trump then. Let's ban reporters from the White House and just listen to Sarah and Donny. There are so cool and truthful, it makes my heart throb.

Most people have the capacity to decipher fake news from biased news from opinion pieces, then you have most Trump supporters. They just believe what he says and attack the media.

Ken almost all these have to do with YouTube changing their monetizing algorithm. Are your articles monetized on Hub Pages? I have been on HP for almost 7 years and I have lost count of the number of times Google has changed their algorithm.  We used to be able to earn serious money, until they changed the algorithm more in their favor.  But that is not not censorship, it is business.

Censorship is what Trump does when he calls the MSM fake news and the enemy of the people.  He is telling his people and you to not watch it.  Because it is evil.  Let me remind you this is what he said at one of his rallies:

"Stick with us. Don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news. ... What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

He is censoring people from listening to the news other what he tells them.

20. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Fox has the highest ratings for a good reason ,   CNN 's on the other hand  are competing with HSM , The Home Shopping Network,   are we then to assume that the price of  a new set of cheap  dishes is as important to Americans  as what we perceive as  the one truth ?

Ed:  No it just means there are more people who are misinformed by Fox, then by CNN.

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I suppose so , at least  in the minds of the CNN watchers who're apparently happy with a dying media source .  But they haven't  lost their entire viewing audience   because they constantly strive towards truth , honesty  and accuracy .

Think about that .

21. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Okay Jack, it only took a few minutes listening to Rush before I found an inaccuracy. Rush said those on the left think of rural republicans as pig farmers riding around with a rifle rack in the rear window of their pickups. It's dumb statements like this--which many of his listeners believe--causing so much division between the people. But Rush knows this and continues to egg it on for Trump's sake.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Randy, my cousin, her husband and the blithering idiotic crowd they run with believe IQ drop the further you get away from a city.  They will tell you the further you are in the country, the lower the IQ.  So, they would never acknowledge you as a liberal.  They find people who live in the country as cute like children.  I don't think you would be impressed with her and her husband and their PhD's and all-knowing attitude.  Yes, there are liberals who think this way.  I live in a rural area, so they automatically think they are smarter.

GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Damn Mike, based on an NPR blurb I heard today I could write an article as a response. But, in short, I agree with you.

The blurb was about a book that argued against our mid-20th-century belief, (by many "intelligent" folks), that science, (in the age of Eugenics), had proven that Western civilizations, (read white Europeans), were biologically superior to the races and cultures of 3rd world nations.

I bet a lot of folks here can remember those times.

The author spoke of an experience in Northern Alaska with an Inuit group. He commented that his Ph.D. would not have kept him alive. There is a difference between being smart and intellectually intelligent.

I whole-heartedly agree. Intellectual arrogance only serves to remind me of The Hungar Games scenario.

GA

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence.  They are not the same, and virtually all people are knowledgeable about something - something that is often not valued by people with a different knowledge base.

peoplepower73posted 4 years agoin reply to this

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are. Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence. The combination of poor self-awareness and low cognitive ability leads them to overestimate their own capabilities.

The term lends a scientific name and explanation to a problem that many people immediately recognize—that fools are blind to their own foolishness. As Charles Darwin wrote in his book The Descent of Man, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There is no excuse for ignorance Mike, no matter the party one identifies with.

jackclee lmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Rush did say that and it is true. The fly over states is what he was referring to. Did you get his point? He is not saying they are dumb hicks...
      He said the left...meaning liberal progressives at the NYT...thinks that.
      They are called the deplorable by Hillary...

So in 1 minute, you just miss understood what he said and put your own spin on it.

Did you hear the rest of his monologue? And the show. You might just learn something. What did Rush say about the NYT article? Are you going to defend the NYT as the truth in media?

1. Live to Learn profile image59
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Rush Limbaugh is probably not a good source to attempt to strike up a conversation with someone on the left. Rush is too obnoxious for me to listen to and I usually stand to the right, politically.

Rush is entertainment and political astuteness rolled into one. 
          He has been right more times than wrong.
          He also gives a different perspective than just the two parties of DC.
          He is not for everyone but he does have 13 million regular listeners and many are not just conservatives.

For a more detailed explanation of Rush Limbaugh’s popularity, check out my hub “A Tribute to Rush Limbaugh”.
          I cannot post the link here since it violates Hubpages TOU.
          You can search on google and comes up number one on page rank...
          How great is that.

Here is the story on the NYT article on the 1619 project...
        https://www.theamericanconservative.com … iberalism/

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

The difference in you and I is you take everything he says as gospel, Jack. You try to explain away all of his ludicrous claims no matter what he says. You are his ideal patsy listener. lol

And yes, I heard most of his BS you fall for. Did you read the link about him provided by promisem? Bet you didn't!

You didn’t listen to Rush for the 3 hours did you?
          You missed out on some key points he made.

22. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

"The Dunning-Kruger effect" I refer to this as the "Liberal Syndrome" as it describes every liberal I've ever encountered.  Maybe it should be renamed.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"every liberal I've ever encountered."

Are you sure about this statement? Do you stand by it, ot would you like to amend it?

"Are you sure about this statement? Do you stand by it, ot would you like to amend it?"

Hey, that's one of my lines. You have been paying attention.

GA ;-)

1. profile image0

And look what good it did me! ;-)

Gus is a trip, Sandy. I say this with affection for the old dude--not that I'm younger than he--but hopefully more obstinate .tongue

I think your "hope" is realized Randy. I think you are more obstinate too. ;-)

GA

2. profile image0

How old are you guys, anyway? I was under the impression you were about my age and I am definitely not old. Sixty is barely grown up! lol

1. Readmikenow profile image94
                Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My friend doesn't admit to being sixty.  You ask him his age and he'll tell you he's "Double thirty."

I remember adopting software numbering when I turn sixty. First I was 59.1, then 59.2, but after 59.3 I just said the hell with it - I'm old.

GA

2. GA Anderson profile image88

I think I remember being sixty. But I can't be sure, you know what they say about memory and aging . . . it's the second thing to go.

GA

23. hard sun profile image78
    hard sunposted 4 years ago

I live in a "college town." I think the majority of the Ph.Ds around here understand the need to respect the knowledge of say, their mechanic, or their plumber. They also understand that just because they are an expert in say, meteorology, it doesn't make them an expert in carpentry.

There are some who think they know everything because they are tremendously knowledgeable in Biology. Intelligent people that aren't very wise. I call them assholes. We also have these assholes who are mechanics but think they know more about biology, meteorology, etc., than do the experts. Either way, Dunning-Krueger can apply.

Assholes exist in all professions and political persuasions.

1. profile image0

Yes, there are just as many mill workers who think they know everything as there are college professors. I grew up in a blue collar family in a blue collar town and we had no shortage of "experts" on everything from what's wrong with kids these days to how to win the Vietnam War:

hard sunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes. And, the generalizations we see here so often are prime reasons why our country is so divided. I make every effort to judge people as individuals not as groups.

24. KC3Lady profile image60
    KC3Ladyposted 4 years ago

The commentary on CCN was so bias even decades ago that we called it the Clinton News Network, who gave people like James Carville airtime to make his disgusting remark regarding waving a $100 bill in a trailer park regarding the sexual allegations against Clinton. News reporting should be reporting the facts to the public in a balanced manner, not for the spreading of propaganda attempting to mold public opinion. One reason this country is divided is that there are those struggling to maintain and strengthen sovereignty, and adversarial organized forces trying to usher in their NWO.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)