The Unvaccinated Should Lose Their Health Insurance

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (100 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 2 years ago

If you're not going to get the vaccine, which is scientifically proved to be effective in preventing COVID, then insurance companies should drop you from their policies.

This is going to happen, and when it does, will not be anything other than capitalism and the free market at work.

If I'm an insurer, I'm dropping anybody who can't prove they're vaccinated because they represent a much higher risk of me having to pay out.

The alternative would be having separate insurance for the unvaccinated at much higher rates. However, as an insurer, the risk is so high, I'm not sure such a policy would be worth my time. That said, I'm sure they could calculate appropriate rates.

1. Kyler J Falk profile image89
      Kyler J Falkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"Your health and wellness should be put at risk, because your health and wellness are at risk."

This is a comprehensive, well thought out, and unarguable point. You have defeated the anti-vax community singlehandedly.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

First, what if they get something other than COVID?  Still not insured?

Second, is that a path we should be careful of?  Will we not insure fat people?  Those that smoke?  People that engage in dangerous sports?  Folks that work outdoors (skin cancer)?  Where does it end?

crankaliciousposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Then perhaps insurance companies can provide a carrot to the vaccinated - discounts on their insurance rates. Announce a national policy. All vaccinated people will see their insurance rates cut in half. Something like that.

1. wilderness profile image95

That would be nice!  If my insurance rates were cut in half I might even see my SS check go UP for once instead of down nearly every year.

If, that is, the politicians didn't double the medicare rates to pay for the extra medicaid for the unvaccinated people that get COVID...

2. Castlepaloma profile image77
          Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That better than no health insurance to non vaccinated. Better than free donuts, pizza beer, icecream for free vaccines.
          Our best insurance is our off grid community of 20 people do not allow vaxxers within our eco village. That insurance us not to not join the vaxxers genocide.

2. peterstreep profile image80
        peterstreepposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Is that not already happening Wilderness?
        In Spain, there is a national healthcare system like in the UK.
        Once I was out of this system for a year and had to look for private health insurance.
        As because I've got Epilepsy no health insurance wanted to cover me with anything realted to epilepsy (acidents etc.)
        Now I back on the national health service again, no problem there.

Where does it end? Well, insurance is a business, they take more care about the insurance company than the insured person. That's called capitalism.
        So yes, I can imagine insurance companies making vaccinations mandatory, or you have to pay more.

It appears to me that people don't exactly have a problem when other people simply want mandated vaccines or facing a raised price, or whatever other consequences we could think of. The problems seem to arise when people appear to be having some sort of social/sociopolitical orgasm, if you can forgive my tasteless jest, at the thought of forcing people they don't like to do something they want them to do. This is a common theme throughout history as well, and letting people feel as if the decisions they've made were purely by their own hand is truly the only way to gain a long-term victory.

Then again, I'm included by the ignorant into the anti-vax crowd because I'm waiting until October 1st, 2024, to get my jabs.

1. peterstreep profile image80

People don't think about the bigger picture.
            People are upset if the government asks you to get a vaccine to slow down Covid to help the hospitals and the stress on the care sector.
            It's the same reaction as smokers are upset because they are not allowed to smoke anymore in airplanes or in government buildings. STOP that's against my freedom! I have the freedom to smoke where I want and when I want.
            Nope, you don't, as smoking is not just a personal risk but also a communal risk.
            The same with vaccination! It's not just a personal choice, it's a choice that affects the whole society and people should think about that. But most are too occupied with screaming "Freedom", forgetting that freedom is something for all and not just for one person.

Perhaps if the media made it their prerogative to present unbiased facts rather than sensationalism, more people would be ready and willing to get the jabs. Alas, it goes back to what I said, people want to get their social/sociopolitical rocks off any way they can, and that makes most anything difficult to follow factually.

According to the data, though, it doesn't seem to have much more than a marginal effect for a shrinking minority of people to refuse the vaccines, so I don't understand all of the uproar. I especially don't understand it within the context of other vaccine-treatable diseases not forcefully pushed anywhere near the same way. It's all a hot mess that I think people should have the right to personal choice on like most other things that are societal concerns we completely ignore.

There are a lot of things in the society where you don't have a personal choice. As there is the law of the country.
                You don't have the personal choice to smoke in a bus
                You don't have a personal choice to ignore a red traffic light
                You don't have a personal choice to dump you rubbish everywhere you want.
                etc etc.
                Personal choice is limited and rightly so otherwise it would be one big mess.
                Still, there's lots of freedom in the western world to say that you don't want a vaccine and to ignore the red traffic light.
                To get sick and perhaps die is that person's own free choice. What's not in the person's own freedom is to kill somebody else in an accident.

Just sounds like preemptive punishment based on that false equivalent. If I can go to work without the flu shot, even encouraged to come to work or face consequences if I do not while sick, then COVID should be treated much in the same way. If you agree that all illnesses should be treated the same way, if the government can do the same with how the law views it all and the way they treat them, I'll support mandates and consequences like with most other issues.

Until then, this is one issue in a sea of bigger problems they're honing in on in some sort of possibly-reactionary, politicized maneuver that is confusing and enraging everyone on all sides. At the end of the day, we can all agree that this was and continues to be handled in a disgustingly poor way. From my personal perspective, the government wants me to make concessions when they will not do the same for me, which is why I will wait until the jabs switch over to the standard model for compensation.

If politicians can play the game of give and take with impunity, so can we, and so should we. Anyone who does not want a mutually fair exchange I can only assume they want to take some sort of moralistic, virtue-signaling stance, or otherwise don't understand the gravity of the data and their decisions.

I do fully agree.
                    It's disaster politics. During a disasters, politicians can do things they normally can't as the public would oppose.
                    Like the politics after 9/11 with the patriot act for instance. mass surveillance and tapping phones, all legal. etc
                    The same happens today.
                    And I do fear for things like covid-passports. Showing an app when you want to enter a mall.
                    It's where we're heading and I don't like it a bit.

I think waiting for an upgrade, as you plan to do is not a bad good idea. I would have done it myself as well, but I want to fly to the UK and so I need that jab.
                    I had two Pfizer jabs, and no side effects at all. So I guess it depends a bit on the circumstances of every individual. If you're working in a bar in a city, I def. can imagine you don't want to wait. If you live in a small town and do outside work, you wouldn't have any problems at all.

"From my personal perspective, the government wants me to make concessions when they will not do the same for me...."
                    That happens all over the world and is in my point of view not a right-wing nor a left-wing trait...sadly enough.

In the meantime, we've got to make the best of it. And not judge that quickly or point fingers.
                    Good friends of mine don't go for a vaccination, and although I've  a different opinion I can accept that.

Please don't compare tobacco smoking to Covid deaths. Even after gave examples like the WHO TOP ten ways to die annually over Covid yearly, people just ignore and blow it all off.

TB, flu, smoking many others are still very contagious. Tobacco has killed 100 million in this world and 4 times greater than Covid the last aunnally. Yet the Vass majority don't move a hair. It's tying to make sense like God picking his favorite right religion to be with him in heaven.

1. Valeant profile image87
                Valeantposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The point, which you seem unable to comprehend, is that there are limitations to where you can smoke based on its affect to others.  You don't have complete freedom to exercise your personal right to kill yourself by smoking.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77

Governments and doctors once told us in an era, tobacco is healthy for us. At least tobacco was the greatest genocide in history revenge by the true American natives. As for American natives were the greatest. Genocide in humans history.
                  Here we are ready for another one
                  It was the second hand smoke that is damaging that control those views.
                  No proof that vaccines work. All I know the speed of Covid deaths even in the slowest season.  Had double in speed since the vaccines roll outs and top vaccines speaker claim it will get ten times worst.

No proof vaccines work has to be the most ridiculous comment I have seen here in a while.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
                  Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"You don't have complete freedom to exercise your personal right to kill yourself by smoking."

Really?  What law are you breaking?

Do you really not know of any?  Amazing.  Search laws restricting smoking.  You'll find plenty.

Tobacco deaths 100 million not banned in every country in the world.
                    Yet controlled away from the public.
                    Self consumed.
                    Catagiuos.

Unvaccined banned from almost everyway.
                    No where to go soon.
                    Not consumed
                    Covid 4.3 million debatible deaths
                    Catagiuos

I was talking about laws and freedom Paloma, not comparing deaths.
                But the example illustrates that our so-called "freedom" is connected with the freedom of our neighbours, the neighbourhood, state, country, world.

There are rules in a society and thanks to those rules people die less often of throat cancer, lung cancer, traffic accidents, killings etc.
                To reduce the deaths of Coivid something had to be done. One of the things is vaccination and minimalize gatherings, wearing a mask etc.
                If you feel that your personal freedom is more important than to regain the freedom of a society then I ask you to think again.

When are a few countries with very minimal mask, no mandate for vaccines, and no lockdowns. With lower Covid deaths per capita than ones with lockdowns and discrimination against unvaxxers.

What countries would one find to be better over all for freedom and no dictatorship to chooses of?, mmmm..

The ones with no vaccines mandates , no lockdowns and far more freedom and less Covid deaths. Easy, no brainer.

Besides I care most for my family who are all on board and serve self first.

If others are happy fighting over with double speed deaths this year. Let the suicides continue shyrocking  and festivals of death celebrate depopulation. Billionaires are most please, even if they don't show it behind the dark masks when on camera.

The greatest fear in the world are people who fear of what others may think of them.

Sheep gone wild with sheep dogs.
                  Not joining the double masks anti social 6 feet apart going over the cliff with those toxic sheep.

3. Castlepaloma profile image77

Hey why not band all unvaccined human beings like they did in Nazis era. Do some banding  like the Jewish Star.

Take away their jobs, or any schooling. Give them steep fines and prison like they do in some countries. Let's stop them from food or shopping for anything. No Rec center, no car licences. How about no assembly of any kind online or any social gathering. Make it immediately lock them up into cages like they weed users. For they are all worst than rapest, terrorism murderers and violence Criminal combined and worst ever known to man kind. How dare they have control of their own minds and bodies.
      How about  lethal injection by Faucism and Kill Gate 5th wave Covid vaccines. This should last for a 100 years like the flu shots. Kill kill kill with lies lies lies. Man this feel great like a hanging who steal over a loaf of bread

"How dare they have control of their own minds and bodies."...and use that control to kill other people.

You forgot that small part of the equation.

No time in history in my lifetime people have ever been so barbaric , cruel over one viruses. Add on the 10 other greater ways to die. Why don't we all stay home and masterbate all ourselves to death. Can we get any more phyco insane than this. Plenty of billionaires will sponsor these world events too. They love throwing money at it.

At any time in your lifetime has one virus killed over half a million people in the US alone?

From WHO top ten killers
              Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. ...
              Trachea, bronchus, and lung cancers. ...
              Diabetes mellitus. ...
              Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. ...
              Dehydration due to diarrheal diseases. ...
              Tuberculosis. ...
              Cirrhosis.

And flu

About 32% die of heart disease globally.

Covid 0.005

2. crankalicious profile image87

How many of those others are contagious?

Flu in Canada would of killed Me 30 time over Covid in my life times.

Just the same for nasty flu Covid. Stay at home only if your sick. Now we have a genocides by vaccines undeveloped and a mix toxic cocktail of too many various for big profit and destruction on every level.

2. Readmikenow profile image95

Tuberculosis

3. Ken Burgess profile image75
                Ken Burgessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what the percentage of people who they have attributed to having died from Covid had those health issues already?

According to CDC only 6% is purely Covid viruses on Covid death certificates. The other 94% is two more health condition that they could of die of. Like flu almost disappeared, whole basketball team had cancelled basketball games in the pass, now it's Covid. What worst is media continuely harming our immune systems by fear mongering.

Hey, why not band all unvaccinated human beings as they did in the Nazis era. Do some banding like the Jewish Star.

that's old fashioned thinking Paloma,
        Those stars are integrated into Google Analytics..
        They don't have to brand you to know what religion you have, sexual preference, ethnic background, health problems, age, consumption habits. Etc. That's all recorded. Don't worry. Surveillance Capitalism is already in full swing, smarter than the Nazi's. Their goal is not to kill but to squeeze every penny out of you.

1. Readmikenow profile image95

"It's time for alarm bells. It's time for me to play the part of Paul Revere: "The communist tyrants and dictators are coming! The communist tyrants and dictators are coming!" They're coming first for unvaccinated Americans.

This is 1938. I'm a Jew. I now understand just a little of what it felt like to be a Jew in 1938. No, it's not the Holocaust. Nothing can be compared to the Holocaust. Ever.

Now Democrats want American citizens, not illegal aliens, not criminals, but patriots born in this country, to produce papers 24/7. We'll need papers to enter restaurants, bars, nightclubs, concerts, casinos, conventions and hotels and to board a train, plane or bus. We'll need papers to enter a supermarket, or we'll starve to death.

All for the crime of being unwilling to inject an untested, rushed to production, experimental, "for emergency use only" shot into our bodies.

What happened to the war cry of Democrats: "My body, my choice"? It only applies to murdering babies, but it doesn't apply to dangerous experimental shots we don't want injected into our bodies.

Weren't Jews injected with experimental drugs by the depraved Nazi government? Wasn't that a key part of the Nuremberg trials? That no government could ever again inject experimental shots into the bodies of unwilling citizens? Isn't that a basic human right?"

https://www.wnd.com/2021/08/welcome-193 … accinated/

It must be hard to live with your level of paranoia.

2. Valeant profile image87

What do you mean now?  You've had to produce papers to go to elementary schools, play on sports teams, enroll at colleges, enlist in the military.

That you see this as some new phenomenon is your just excluding so many scenarios that already exist along the same lines.

As as for patriots, I'm not sure that applies to those only concerned with their own well-being.  It seems a patriot cares about their fellow citizens as much as themselves.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75

Choice of home school, private, are options.  Religious refusal has been allowed for public schools, medical exception has been allowed.

Choice, no one has to join the military.

Choice, no one has to play on a sports team.

Do you see what is absent in this scenario we are now talking about with Covid?

Do you recognize what would be over-reach by the government that forces you to have proof of vaccine, or be exempted and ostracized?

Like France's government now wants to do, jail people for not having it and going out in public?

France doesn't have freedom and liberty, they have a totalitarian state that punishes and imprisons those who do not acquiesce to their demands.

The people of France have no control over what goes on in their Nation, they are powerless to stop their government.  America is not far behind in this, like France, we have no control over the borders or getting our government to stop the millions pouring in every year.  We have no control over the government declaring an "emergency" that seems without end, stripping away our rights, such as landlords who cannot evict tenants for any reason, no matter what harm they have wrought.

The American political 'elite' flouted the norms of governance and journalism. They misled the public about the origins of the virus and the true risk that it posed. They claimed unprecedented powers to impose untested strategies, with terrible collateral damage.

Some Governors took it upon themselves to enact draconian restrictions on their people (while ignoring all of them and living the 'elite' lifestyle to its fullest).   As evidence of their mistakes mounted, they stifled debate by vilifying dissenters, censoring criticism, and suppressing scientific research.

To Big to Follow the restrictions forced on the rest of America companies like Amazon and Walmart reaped billions in profits during the lockdowns while millions of small businesses were closed, many of them for good... displacing millions of workers, and many jobs forever lost.

The panic was started by MSM "left" news sources. As the virus spread early last year, they highlighted the most alarming statistics and the scariest images, estimating a fatality rate 10 to 50 times higher than the flu.

Just as they spread inflammatory information regarding police brutality and racism as if it was occurring on every street in America every minute that went by, they flamed the hysteria of this virus.

So, there are those that recognize the hypocrisy they see in their political leaders and media, and there are those that buy into it.  Ignoring things like Obama's birthday party on Martha's Vineyard just the other day, where hundreds gathered... without wearing masks or social distancing.  That Delta variant we are all supposed to be going back under lack-down for doesn't apply to the elites, be they CA Governor or former President.

Wonder why that is?

Seems to me that the anti-vax crowd is choosing their own ostracization, while also making the claim their freedom should give them a right to endanger others.

Who is talking about lock downs for delta.  Love to hear of someone saying that, but my thinking is you invented that just to feel persecuted.  Everyone at Obama's party had to be vaccinated and it was held outdoors in accordance with CDC guidelines.  The mask guidelines are for indoor settings currently - not that I'd expect you to know what the CDC says about current safety requirements.

So it just seems like you're inventing violations of CDC guidelines to make yourself angry at them libs.

3. Castlepaloma profile image77

Read
            Very interesting, coincide with my gut.

4. peterstreep profile image80

If I were you I would not use a smartphone, as "they" track you and know your behaviour.
            If I were you I would not use a computer as all the cookies on the websites suck information used to let you consume more.
            In today's capitalism, you are the product.
            You have a choice. Live without electronic equipment and off the grid.
            or accept all the bad and good things of modern society.

1. Readmikenow profile image95

I have no idea how what I wrote relates to what you wrote.

Didn't understand your connection with the holocaust either.

I guess I was thinking about surveillance capitalism.

Since poverty kills most, they doing it anyway. Since most if not all grand corporation aim is for big depopulate, they are doing an grand job towards it so far . It's the same group that created the second world war. The writing is on the wall, the pattern and facts are clear and deep down every knows yet too afraid to ask or do. It written in my prior hubpages ten years ago. My nightmare shows something like 100 million people will die before turning on our owners and authorities. Maybe not as bad as the second world war.

Being fearless and very intuitive, I lack paranioa for my trusting family and self. Only have deep concerns for most everyone else. Laying low for 2 to 4 years in our off grid community.

4. Valeant profile image87

And if you drink soda, you should be dropped for being willing to get diabetes.  Beer drinkers, forget it, you brought that liver damage on.  Went to the beach, sorry, no insurance cause that you clearly opted for that skin cancer.

Yeah, sorry, can't really get behind you here.

Must be a cure all vaccines for every Heath condition.

Billionaires can't stop thinking of  ways to kill the masses.

I'm cheering them on for mass depopulation. For people of obesity like most of Covid death victims can die off quicker. Billionaires must save us from the weak and stupid.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75

I am sure the Billionaires are looking at it in exactly that way.   ^^
          Sometimes being sarcastic hits closer to reality than you think.

2. crankalicious profile image87

Again, none of these other behaviors is contagious. This is a special case. I think unprotected sex would be a better example.

Aids too would be like Covid yearly or malaria. Environmental lockdowns are next

Please please!!! stop world again and let me off.

2. Valeant profile image87

You're talking about dropping them for not making choices that affect their own health in your original post.  Unprotected sex is probably a good example, but the slope will get slippery pretty quickly once you start the marbles rolling.

So is the only stick in this situation the increased risk of getting COVID?

5. CHRIS57 profile image61
      CHRIS57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

... I'm sure they could calculate appropriate rates....

Insurance companies do this all the time, doing calculations and squeezing statistics. They will either increase the rates or they will exclude Covid19 related expenses if not vaccinated.

It is almost like a law of nature. And it is not black or white. There will be no all in our all out coverage.

It leaves the vaccination decision to your free will. But the path to decision making goes through your wallet.

6. Ken Burgess profile image75

Funny you mention Capitalism there... you do know how that works right?

If there is a need, someone will fill that need, and make a profit.

If a percentage of Insurance companies drop their customers for not getting the vaccine, those customers will just go to someone who will provide them the coverage they need.  That simple.

High-risk individuals pay higher rates.

You mean vaccinated pay more. According to my numbers of covid deaths since the roll out.

7. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The opening argument is unfair and prejudicial. I have not received the vaccine because I'm allergic to some of their ingredients. I'm allergic to medications that end in "ine". Some of the ingredients found in those meds are in the vaccines.

To penalize me for something I have no control over is unfair, unfounded, and flat-out wrong.

Don't be so judgmental.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

yes, the obese, those with diabetes and those who are malnourished should also be dropped. They are the ones dying from Chinese covid microbes.
    The ones who feast on processed foods.

That would majority of the People.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

junk food kills.

Damn, I totally agree. There's this whole thing on processed oils used in almost all processed foods that is seriously disturbing. Try to get away from these processed oils. You almost can't.

Great more free donuts, beers, pizza and ice cream for free vaccines.

I was the first full-time sandsculptor 45 years ago. I made sure with new sculpture companies did not report accidents because our industry would have to pay 10% insurance extra. We got away with it until 15 years ago. Today insurance is so high in sandsculptor industry it's hardly worth anymore. Then started tiny housing communities in Latin America because I sense the collapse of our totally system. Luckily I'm living in an off grid community, right now in Canada.

4. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Wow!  I had never thought of this but I can see companies trying to pull this off.
    I actually don't believe they will be able to fo that one.
    This is a pandemic that goes across the world.
    People need compassion & humanity right now...not more turmoil.

Everything is in hyper inflation mode. Because of the monotary collapse world wide. Covid is the main distraction.

There I agree with you Paloma.
        As Climate Crisis is far worse than Covid.
        More people die from air pollution than Coivd.. every year. No vaccine there yet...
        Back to normal? Forget it. COVID is mild with the things to come.
        The mask is here to stay.

No mask of shame for me, only if I'm forced to temporarily.

Yes, environment lockdowns is next, can't wail!!!

Lol

You will need masks for air pollution.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
              Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

... which the Chinese people must wear.

There is a lot of air pollution you don't see Kathryn. For instance industrial Ozon. I don't know where you live, but the small particles in the air can be brought to you over huge distances.

And ...?

they can cause chest problems, shortening life span, causing asthma, bronchitis, and other respirational problems, risk of respiratory infections, heart disease, lung cancer, premature deaths.
                    Google it. Airpollutution is a serious problem worldwide and not just for people in the city.

It's 9 times more toxic air pollutants inside a building than outside. I've my tiny houses more for outdoor living in clear smaller communities.

air pollution is highly underestimated. Because you think that your air is ok if you live on the countryside with healthy food and greenery. But just like plastic particles, air particles travel fast distances.

5. Lora Hollings profile image82
    Lora Hollingsposted 2 years ago

Hi Shauna, the covid vaccine is an MRNA vaccine and just contains a piece of the crown of the virus so that your body’s immune system will learn that it is a foreign antigen and so that if you do get the virus your immune system will attack it  so you won’t have to experience actually having the illness which can have such lethal consequences and affect your health adversely for the rest of your life. I’ve never heard that it belongs to a group of medications that end in “ine.” You might want to ask your doctor about this. I can’t take many medicines that are in this category as well. I’m very sensitive to them and have an adverse reaction when I do. But, I did get the vaccine for covid and I haven’t had any adverse reactions to it. I’m very glad that I did have it as I wouldn’t want to take the risk of getting inflammatory pneumonia, blood clots and long term damages to my health that this virus and its variants pose.Whatever you decide, good luck to you!

Just wait 6 months and find out what happens.

2. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Lora, my mom and I both have "ine" allergies. It was her doctor that told her she can't take the Moderna or Pfhizer vaccines. I looked up the ingredients in the aforementioned vaccines and both have ingredients that end in "ine".

She was approved for the J & J vaccine, and has had it administered. However, the reports of blood clots has me very gun shy. So far, with my very strong immune system, and taking precautionary measures, I've not gotten sick throughout this whole pandemic. I haven't even had a cold. I choose to keep doing what I'm doing.

Half the nation feel the same. We are not alone by any means.

In fact, my daughter's friend who lives in Florida took the first vaccine, not sure which one. She developed ear clogging symptoms in one ear and now she can't hear out of it. She will not risk taking the second.

I knew a person her entire leg turned purple. Like legal drugs, except worst.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)