The Art of Writing ~ Georgina's Enchanted Pen by John Hansen

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Please take some time to read John's Brilliant poem in response to Brenda's word prompt 'Writing'

Here's the link to his beautiful hib: https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Art … anted-Pen.

Thank you so much, John, for sharing this lovely poem. I enjoyed reading it and found it very inspirational. smile

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello John!
      Excellent response to the word prompt, Writing. As always, you have created a wonderful poem. I do agree with your message that writing is addictive. I enjoyed reading about Georgina’ s writing journey and eventual success.
      Thank you for sharing.
      And thank you Misbah for sharing John’s response.

1. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Chitrangada. I am so glad you enjoyed this poem about Georgina and her writing endeavours.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Misbah
      For some reason your link isn't working.

Guess another glitch???

Here it is again...
      https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Art … hanted-Pen

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, seems like some bug. Forums aren't letting me create hyperlinks as well. Don't know why. Thank you for sharing the link to John's work again. Much Gratitude! smile

Blessings always!

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Let's hope they get this fixed quickly.

Oh no...quick isn't a word they know.

Lol!

Lol! big_smile

2. Jodah profile image92

Yes, I had the same problem with the link but thought it was just me. Thanks for resharing it, Brenda.

Ssshh... They'll hear that we've found a solution to this difficulty. They don't like it when we communicate tongue big_smile

1. Jodah profile image92

big_smile

big_smile

Lol! 
              I wonder if they sent the cyber cookie monster.

If this trend continues, the day will come when that cyber cookie monster will devour the entire forum discussion. big_smile tongue

1. Jodah profile image92

https://hubstatic.com/15826945.gif

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Lol!

2. Misbah786 profile image84

This is so sweet smile

Don't worry Misbah...
                  We'll find a way to curb his hunger....

Maybe John can use his magic pen.

Hugs.
                  Bredz

smile

3. Carb Diva profile image96
      Carb Divaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Misbah, thank you for sharing John's poem. If only I could purchase one of those pens on Amazon. John is so creative; I don't think he has ever been stumped, by Brenda or in his poems from the porch.

1. Jodah profile image92

Linda, I think those pens would sell out fast. Thank you for reading my work. I hope to bring back Poems From the Porch soon.

Linda...got to say I agree.
        It's hard to stump John...he can write on any topic.

Great talent.  Maybe he has the only magic pen.

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Aww..Misbah. Thank you so much for sharing and for your very kind words. I am so happy you found the poem inspirational.

1. surovi99 profile image84
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misbah for sharing John's post.

John, this is a wonderful poem about a girl getting addicted to writing with the help of Higher Powers and eventually rising to fame. I loved it thoroughly. Thank you for the awesome share, which is a marvelous response to the word prompt, "Writing."

Pleasure smile

2. Jodah profile image92

Hi Rosina. I am pleased that you loved this poem about Georgina achieving writing success. Thank you for always supporting my work.

3. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

You are most welcome, John smile
    Stay Blessed and Happy!

4. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I really like the way you responded to this prompt. Writing Georgina's story in a poem is very clever, John. Well done!

Thanks for posting John's poem, Misbah.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hello Pamela. Let is just hope we can all do like Georgina. It is always good to read your comments and glad you enjoyed this.

5. billybuc profile image84
    billybucposted 2 years ago

Master strokes by a master writer. It is always a pleasure to read John's writings.  He does it the way it's supposed to be done.

1. Jodah profile image92

Takes one to know one, Bill haha. Having you read my writing is always a pleasure too.

6. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

John
    I guess I hadn't thought about all those articles on writing.
    My thought process...
    We are writers ~ therefore we Know writing.

Your poem  ~ Georgina's Enchanted Pen" you tells us how Georgiana begins when she's trying to satisfy that urge to write.
    She picks up her pen, hoovering over the page, waiting for the words to flow.

When an idea surfaces, her fingers cannot stop.  Her muse is on a roll.

She forces herself to take a break but the words creep into her dreams.

When she awakes she uses her enchanted pen to pick up where she left off.

She wrote until her pen ran out of ink then proofread her work seeing it wasn't bad.

Her words soon get published & she rises to fame.

It was though a helping hand had guided that magical pen.

Great writing here!

There are times we get an idea & just can't stop until we're finished.
    I know what it's like to have those words follow me in my dreams.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thanks for reading and analysing  the poem, Brenda. I had no idea what I was going to write when I started, but my pen just flowed as though it was enchanted lol. Sometimes, I get an idea for something I am writing in a dream and have to jot it down straight away. Glad you enjoyed the poem, and thanks for putting the link on your word prompt article.

7. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

John's is a masterful poem about the almost mystical drive of Georgina following her muse to publishing success and fame.  A brilliant piece of writing!  Thanks Brenda for sharing it!

1. Jodah profile image92

Thank you for reading and for your encouraging comment, Peggy. I am so glad you liked it.

8. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

I meant to thank Misbah for sharing John's brilliant poem.

9. bhattuc profile image84
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing and this is really a very interesting poem by John. Well done.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hank you for reading the poem Umesh. Glad you found it interesting.

10. Moondot1822 profile image95
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

Salam Misbah,
    The link is not working.

Wasalam Moon,
      Please click the link Brenda provided above in this discussion. The link I provided is not working properly. I'm not sure why. smile
      Lots of Love to you, dear sister.

11. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Brenda shared the correct link later on, Moondot.

12. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

smile

13. vidsagster profile image87
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Great work there John. I loved your poem. It only goes to prove passion leads to success. Georgina's story is awe inspiring. She really must have had some divine help to achieve fame and glory with her first book. Your creativity is admirable John. A very good response to this week's word prompt. thanks for sharing Misbah.

14. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Vidya, it is always great to receive your comments. I am glad you found Georgina’s story to be inspiring even though it may be a little
    hard to believe that she would achieve success with her first book.

15. Lora Hollings profile image81
    Lora Hollingsposted 2 years ago

Your poem was wonderful, John. It does happen at times, that once we get an idea and we start writing, the words and the story just seem to flow. I like both the optimism and the joy you express in your poem of being in the zone of creativity. I think that often we impose our own limitations instead of just writing for the joy of it and we talk ourselves out of this creative process. Children seem to be natural storytellers but most adults have a hard time with this process. Sometimes, we become our worst critics which inhibits our flow of thoughts and our abilities. Great job with this prompt and helping us to get out of the mental blocks of our own making.

1. Jodah profile image92

Lora, thank you for the insightful comment. I agree with all the points you make. I am glad you enjoyed this and you feel it helps break the mental blocks that bind us.

16. Moondot1822 profile image95
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

Great response to the word prompt challenge, Jodah. And I agree that the most difficult part of writing is the beginning. Georgina's story is very inspiring.
    Stay safe and healthy...

17. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you for reading this, Moon. It is good that you found the story inspiring. Stay well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)