What is the general term of 1,2,4,7,11,16,22?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image52
    michaelneLaposted 13 years ago

What is the general term of 1,2,4,7,11,16,22?

Is there any technique how to find the general term? plsss help me.

1. Taiwo Oluwaseye profile image59
      Taiwo Oluwaseyeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Addition of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7......
      1+1=2
      2+2=4
      3+4=7
      4+7=11
      5+11=16
      and so on

1. Taiwo Oluwaseye profile image59
        Taiwo Oluwaseyeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

6+16=22

2. kkapkaa profile image58
      kkapkaaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Fibonacci Sequence

1. antbytes profile image59
        antbytesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The Fibonacci Sequence is the series of numbers: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, ... The next number is found by adding up the two numbers before it.

2. learningradius profile image61
        learningradiusposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is not fibonacci series. Fibonacci series is like 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13...... (adding adjacent number).
        The peculiarity of the question raised ( general term 1,2,4,7,11,16,22). Adding natural number to each of the terms in the series, we get the result.

For people looking for UPSC Free Mock Test, visit https://learningradius.com/

2. L.C. Smith profile image61
    L.C. Smithposted 13 years ago

I'm not sure if this is a mathematical question, but it looks like you have posted a series of numbers that flow in the following way:
    1+1 = 2
    2+2 = 4
    4+3 = 7
    7+4 = 11
    11+5 = 16
    16+6 = 22

1 was added to the 1st number to get 2, that sum, 2, was added to 2, because it was the second number, to get 4.  The sum of 4 was added to 3, because it was the third number, to get 7.  Yada, yada, yada...

1. GoldyIndian profile image60
      GoldyIndianposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I got suitable formulea for nth term and sum this type sequence and more sequence
      1+2+4+7+11+16+22.......

3. profile image52
    michaelneLaposted 13 years ago

yah, but what is the exact formula to come up with this kind of problem.. thank you for your answer. ^^

4. profile image52
    mathman32503posted 13 years ago

To find the nth term of the sequence:

0.5*n^2 - 0.5*n + 1

If we look at the difference between successive terms, we see that the differences are not the same - so a linear function will not work.

1  2  3  4  5  6   

But if we look at the difference between successive differences (second-order differences, if you will), we see that these are the same - so a quadratic function will work.

1  1  1  1  1  1     

To find the function, I looked for some pattern.  I listed the triangular numbers (1 3 6 10 15 21 27); the nth triangular number is the sum of the positive integers less than or equal to n.  It appears as though the nth term of the sequence is adjusted down (by differing amounts) from the triangular number.  Specifically, to find the nth term, we subtract (n-1) from the nth triangular number. 

This yields:

(Sum of numbers 1 through n) - (n-1)

= 0.5(n)(n+1) - n + 1               

= 0.5*n^2 + 0.5*n - n + 1         

= 0.5*n^2 - 0.5*n + 1

I know that I've merely given you my thought process rather than a hard, fast method to be applied every time.  All I can say is that finding the nth term is like solving any other problem type: you get better with experience.  You build an intuition. 

I hope this helps.

This is formula regarding to error method

5. GoldyIndian profile image60
    GoldyIndianposted 10 years ago

I have exact formulae
    But first I will regist it
    1+2+4+7+11+16+........
    Cool my all Maths expert

6. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11947130_f260.jpg

I would call this a sequential equation e.g. 1,2,4,7,11,16,22, 29.  You see:
    1+1=2
    2+2=4
    4+3=7
    7+4=11
    11+5=16
    16+6=22
    22+7=29.....and 29+8=37, 37+9=46, the main component is adding sequential numbers to the equation.

7. androidfan profile image70
    androidfanposted 8 years ago

The simple formula of this number series is like that:-

1st Digit + 1= 2nd Digit,
    2nd Digit + 2= 3rd Digit.
    3rd digit + 3= 4th Digit.

So, Nth Digit = (N-1)th Digit + (N-1): It is the formula.

So, if n=5, then the 5th Digit = (5-1)th Digit+(5-1)
                                                = 4th Digit + 4
                                                = 7+4= 11.

What is sum formulea Of this type sequence
      I got nth term formulea and sum formulea

8. Soleman Ali profile image60
    Soleman Aliposted 7 years ago

1+1=2
    2+(1+1)=4
    4+(1+2)=7
    7+(1+3)=11
    11+(1+4)=16
    16+(1+5)=22
    22+(1+6)=29

9. crowsnest profile image60
    crowsnestposted 7 years ago

Xn = X(n-1) + (n-1) is the formula you are looking for.

Where Xn is the nth (or general) term of the sequence.
    So, X(n-1) is the term directly before Xn.
    And (n-1) is just the integral value of n minus 1.

Example: n=5
    Xn = 11
    X(n-1) = 7
    n-1 = 5-1 = 4

So using the formula, 11 = 7 + 4

10. profile image52
    arash prkposted 6 years ago

1+0=1   1+1=2   1+3=4    ...

general rule is :

(n(n-1))/2+1

11. Taiwo Oluwaseye profile image59
    Taiwo Oluwaseyeposted 6 years ago

1 2 4 7 11 16 22

1st difference:  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.........

1+0=1
    1+1=2
    2+2=4
    4+3=7
    7+4=11
    11+5=16
    16+6= 22
    22+7= 29

And so .....

12. MarieLB profile image74
    MarieLBposted 6 years ago

next comes 29
    Each time you add up one more than the last time.
    So  to the first no ie:  1  you add 1
    Then you add 2,3,4,5,6,7

13. profile image52
    Oluwaseyetposted 6 years ago

Yes there is a technique it is called Quadratic Sequence

1,2,4,7, 11, 16,22

Difference 1 2 3 4 5 6
    0+1=1
    1+1=2
    2+2=4
    3+4=7
    4+7=11
    5+11=16
    6+16=22
    7+22=29
    8+29=37
    And so on

14. soumya reddy profile image61
    soumya reddyposted 6 years ago

1,2,4,7,11,16,22 next one is 29. check it once http://bit.ly/2pHf8sk

15. profile image58
    Unogeeksposted 23 months ago

next is 29 get solution here https://bit.ly/3MaYBTn

16. profile image57
    paulspavanposted 22 months ago

Communications link failure by Mulesoft 4.x only in localhost

I'm using mulesoft 4.x. I have the following problem: I can't get it to connect to mysql server in localhost, but I can get it to connect on remote hosts without problem. However, that server "localhost" works correctly so much that it is reachable by the mulesoft runtime if I move it to another machine.

the error is: Caused by: org.mule.runtime.extension.api.exception.ModuleException: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get connection for URL jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?logger=org.mule.extension.db.api.logger.MuleMySqlLogger : Communications link failure

Example: VM with ip 10.0.2.200 and mulesoft runtime installed with MYSQL. mulesoft does not connect, but if I move mulesoft to a different server with ip 10.0.2.202, it connects to Mysql on 10.0.2.200

please advise

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)