Expand on this quote from The Holy Bhagwat Gita.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. mohitmisra profile image60
    mohitmisraposted 15 years ago

One who sees inaction in action and action in inaction -he is a wise man.
    The Holy Bhagwat Gita.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

silence when angry, speak at peace.

mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not really ,basically man is a restless animal and cannot sit still.Here the context is meditation.In meditation one is still yet uses tremendous effort-that in uniting with god oe lost in divine contemplation.So the one sitting still (meditation) is the one in action.
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

A story
          I think it was Ramana Maharishi who insulted the great Telangi Maharaj-The Sage of Benares.
          Telangi Maharaj was in silence for the last 200 years of his life and Ramana Maharishi insulted him by saying -You are indeed Shiva but a selfish Shiva- you should speak and spread your knowledge of the light of Shiva.For this insult he had to pay dearly and died of cancer.Before this he prostrated himself full lenght before Telangi Maharaj and apologised.Telangi Maharaj being enlightened was able to work in silence and by sitting still in one place for hours at a time.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

2. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I like that, it makes sense in that context.  I have a hellofa time sittin still.  smile

2. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Please cite the chapter & verse and the translation you are using.

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Mo -

Will you please stop filling the forums up with quotes of yourself.

Thank you.

Saint Mark, Poet, Philosopher, Destroyer of spammers and the self-righteous, Prophet of Roddenberry, CMT, AIPP, and all-round good guy (according to several well-respected ebook sellers that are better than your ebook seller)

look you dont have any knowledge of god or spirituality and there are people who are appreciating my answers and knowledge ,since this happens to be a religious forum.You nor anyone else is more qualified to be here- so let me do my job of spreading god knowledge.

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I second Mark - we don't need your self promotion spoiling the forums.

You and Mark and most others are unable to understand the questions which I am able to answer.You are the petty ones who insult-I defend.
      Sandra has  the most knowldge amongst you all and she is unable to answer these complex questions.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

5. Mark Knowles profile image58

Mo -

Why would you take a simple request to stop filling up the forums with quotes of yourself as an attack of some kind?

"Mocking him gently,
    Krishn gave this counsel
    as Arjun sat dejected,
    between the two armies"

Saint Mark, Poet, Philosopher, Destroyer of spammers and the self-righteous, Prophet of Roddenberry, CMT, AIPP, and all-round good guy (according to several well-respected ebook sellers that are better than your ebook seller)

Dear Mark,
      I am sharing knowledge of god of the light.These are questions which most do not understand  and I am shedding light on them.You too must come back home to the light.
      Warm regards
      Mohit

6. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Now Mark you MUST repent and bow to Hyperion! yikes

AK -47 try understanding the questions and answers.

7. Mark Knowles profile image58

No, you are not. You are not shedding any light - if anything, the opposite.

You are trying to force people to respect you.

Without doing anything to deserve that respect.

This does not do it or deserve respect:

"look you dont have any knowledge of god or spirituality and there are people who are appreciating my answers and knowledge ,since this happens to be a religious forum.You nor anyone else is more qualified to be here- so let me do my job of spreading god knowledge."

It is aggressive, insulting and unwarranted.

Your swami or guru would be ashamed of you if you spoke in this fashion in the "real" world. And you would not speak to me in this fashion in that world.

All I was doing is answering questions you were unable to understand.I do not have a guru.I am self realised.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra
      Why can you not just stick to answering the questions-why must you in insult everyone who asks a question and everyone who answers.We are speaking in  a wavelenght you are unable to comprehend and thats what is making you angry-you are angry at yourself.What questions are these people asking and what are these answers?

1. DeaneMc profile image59
        DeaneMcposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am curious? All this talk about god. Do you believe in Jesus Christ? God's only Son. The one that was sent to give life to those that believe. GOD-the father, Lord of heaven and earth, is the only true GOD.

The reason many masters such as Jesus say they are the true god which they are is beacuse they are many fakes .Jesus was undoubtedly a Prophet a saviour of mankind like the other Prophets ans saints .The Bhagwat Gita talks about Krishna in the same way.Jesus says I am the son of God but he also says me and my father are One.
          Poet Mohit.K.Misra

8. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

In this forum section we do not force our beliefs on others.  Please, feel free to believe as you will, but do not discount or demean the religious beliefs of other Hubbers here.

No matter how arrogant, pretentious and spammy I think Mo is, he still deserves, just as any human being does, the right to worship as he feels fit.

9. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Mohit - you still haven't said which translation of the Bhagavad Gita you're using? And by the way, you've only 'explained' the second half, 'action in inaction', which is the self-evident bit. 'inaction in action' is open to many interpretations.

Inaction in inaction means one who is busy doing everything else except the important thing which is meditation.He is busy with things like making money or friends and when the moment of death comes he is not prepared for it.He feels meditation is a waste of time.Do not remember which translation or chapter this is from,doesnt make any difference.
      Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It matters because some versions render 'wrong actions' instead of 'inaction' which may be less accurate but makes more sense. Or at least doesn't rely on a very strange definition of 'inaction'

No no not wrong action but inaction.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)