Are you a regular churchgoer?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (54 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

More importantly, do you pay attention to the sermon?

1. mistywild profile image60
      mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ummm, yes, sometimes, and I really try to lol

2. advisor4qb profile image75
      advisor4qbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes to both.  Twice a week!

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not a regular churchgoer at this time; was raised "in church", though.

I'm not looking for a perfect church;  just a good one.

Yes I pay attention to the sermons!
      Whatever's spoken from the pulpit should be the Bible or confirmed Biblically.

4. pylos26 profile image69
      pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep...drive by them retched things all the time...noticing all that expense... wasted...that could have bought food for others.

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

lol

hey lynne!

3. profile image0

Hey Misty, glad you're back. Missed you and CW.

It was BORING sad I missed you too big_smile

4. profile image0

I bet. I'd be jonesing after 3 days, lol.

I got 4 hubs done, so it was okay I guess, not really though.

5. profile image0

Ah see so at least you were productive. Which is good!

6. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

well, I am a regular church goer, I go to church once a year. that's regular, isn't it?

7. profile image0

Dolores, you got me beat. lol I used to go, but life changed and so did my beliefs.

8. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

No. I am not a regular churchgoer. I used to be. Was brought up as a Catholic. My mom was a long-time member of the Franciscan Third Order, and I had many relatives that were priests and nuns. But after spending time watching a multitude of priests act like narcissistic, power-hungry, egotistical bullies, I left and never went back and don't ever plan on it.

9. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Yes to both questions.

10. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Not anymore, there are babies here now and it doesn't work. But if I found a church again like I found in SC, I would do whatever it took to go there.
    I always listen to the sermon, that's part of why I'm there, I love to hear the word read, discussed, prayed about, all that.

11. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Not as much as I used to, and I have no desire to start going back to church.

12. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

haven't been to Church four maybe 15 years now... Why should I go there?

13. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

No, never go. I do not believe in a god.

14. rkhyclak profile image61
    rkhyclakposted 14 years ago

Yes to both questions. Been going since I was little, left for awhile (the college years) and came back.

15. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Yes, I go to church regular as my work permits, though I am not as involved as I used to be. Used to be in Outreach, Choir and everythng else but lost touch with my church unity. Am now looking for a new church home.

16. Sauvignon profile image59
    Sauvignonposted 14 years ago

Yeah the hypocrites of the congragated churches killed off any followings at the tender age of 11.

17. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

We let hypocrites keep us from doing just about anything and everything.But they`re not going to keep us from standing before God at the judgement.What excuse will we have then?

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, we could question god as to why there are so many religions in the world all saying something different about him. We could ask why he never shows himself which only resulted in the various factions warring with each other.

I would have a lot of questions and would judge him, first. If I was satisfied, he could do whatever he wants with me.

1. UPStar profile image60
        UPStarposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I fear that is Wishful thinking. When you see God you will fall on your knees and acknowledge he is Holy and you are the sinner. If you did not recieve the gift of forgiveness you will understand you are deserving of hell. That is what Revelation teaches.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not need forgiveness. I fear that is wishful thinking on your part. wink

If heaven is where you are going - send me to hell - please. wink

I don't think I could stand an eternity with holier than thou, self righteous religionists. *shudders*

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We still have to kneel when we get to Heaven?  Then why the hell would we want to go?

1. Bibowen profile image87
            Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of hell, Indianapolis, they have kneeling in hell too. It's part of an aerobics regime conducted (no time limit) by Richard Simmons, who is High Lord Cheerleader for the Prince of Darkness.

2. pylos26 profile image69

Don't know if they will be excuses...but i'm damned sure they'll be presumptious.

18. profile image51
    free spirit 2posted 14 years ago

No one needs to 'go ' to church. The whole of life is a church.
    Your every action  a 'prayer'.

19. Bibowen profile image87
    Bibowenposted 14 years ago

Yes, I regularly go. It's an important part of my life, but I don't go in order to be a Christian. Rather, I go because I am a Christian.

20. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Mark, if heaven is like the Bible says, there won't be self-righteous, holier than thou religionists there.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fortunately - heaven is a state of mind - not an actual place. big_smile

But - lol lol

21. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

yes.

22. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Define "regular." I went this morning!

23. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

We are the church, the buildings are just convenience points for people to meet, if you are living as a Christian should be, you will be part of the body of Christ and don't need buildings.

God does advise us to not stop fellowshipping together, and being accountable to others is also a safeguard, because there are no such things as undercover believers, so we will be attacked and we do need the Lords protection.

In my 16 years of faith I have spent 6 years 'outside the gate' and they were the tough years when I learned that walking the walk is harder when you are not immersed in the body.

Find a body to belong to, if there are no suitable bodies near you, find two other believers that you can relate to, and you will be a body, then just listen to God and grow from there.

Ignore the trolls that frequent these forums seeking to devour those that they may.

They are fools and we should have nothing to do with them, don't feed them and they will fade away.

24. alexandriaruthk profile image60
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

no, but I am a believer

25. pddm67 profile image60
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

I've tried but every time I get within 10 yards, I start to steam and sizzle.

1. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This happens to me kind sorta too smile

26. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

do you have to go to church to believe??

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, but to be PART of the church you need to believe

1. K Partin profile image61
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do believe, thanks. smile

2. pylos26 profile image69

"need to believe" does not sound like a requirement...must be a personal thing.

27. pay2cEM profile image80
    pay2cEMposted 14 years ago

I am officially retired. If there is a God, and he's everywhere all the time, why should I wake up early and waste my gas driving to a building trying to find him? That seems to me like a fish in the ocean setting his alarm clock to get up and swim off frantically in search of the water.

28. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes! everyday I go, but they say go away, we don't want your kind in our Christian church, so I say hey you wanna fight? and then we start to have some jolly good fisty cuffs and brawl in the street, the vicar throws a punch and I throw a couple of punches, whatever they throw at you, you double the fighting skill and you will win!

Church is for members only and they can shove it, then spin on it and do a fancy twirl in their pink dresses of chunk!!!!!

I like the architecture of church buildings more than the ridiculousness of going to church itself!!

29. DogSiDaed profile image59
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

I do not consider myself more religious and I do not attend church services, not least because our local church is freezing cold, and I'm willing to bet I could leave a tub of ice cream there for a day and it'd still be solid XD

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good for the day you get the you know, munchies lol

30. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

no but i get hangovers and that counts cause it rhymes lol

31. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 14 years ago

I'm a Christian, and I do attend church regularly.  I have for many years.

It's important for Christian believers to fellowship with one another and provide mutual support and accountability.

Don't care for Sunday School, don't go.  Could write a whole hub on why not.  Instead, I attend BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) classes.

32. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

I do, twice a week. Well, one is a gathering where we pray and eat good food together every Thursday night. And yeah, I listen to the sermon. It's funny how many times it applies to what's going on in my life at the time.

33. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

my church is everywhere, mother earth

34. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

Now...there's a smart lady.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)