What Does the Book of Lamb really mean to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (85 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Explain please...

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what it is, but it sounds tasty

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

in revelations it talks about the book of lamb.  This is God's book of chosen people.  Those who will be redeemed for their good intentions.  Now the Devil has a copy of the names in this book because he wants to put stumbling blocks in the way of those that are listed lives.  This is so they will fall into Satan's arms.  In satans view, the best souls to collect are those that are good souls, turned.

Does that make sense?

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
          DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, but not so tasty now. I was hoping for a nice Shepherd's Pie recipe myself. Thanks for the info though tongue

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means a lamb can write.  I think his/her alias is Mother Goose. big_smile

2. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

It means Denno will always be welcome on Hub Pages. big_smile

1. profile image0

The Lamb's Book of Life is His other record of the faithful ... those of the faithful in hubpages!

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I co-wrote that passage, by the way. big_smile

3. profile image0

Im in the book of Lamb.. Denno is in the book of lamb, but when we are written in the book of lamb so are we listed in the book of the devil.  That way, he can come a try us!

4. profile image0

Are we expecting a Wolf then? big_smile

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or a Vampire?

Never heard of the book of lamb...at first I thought this was a book about cooking lamb lol

5. profile image0

Now I shudder.

1. profile image0

I took an ex vicar today to his hospital appointment.  It amazed me that I actually knew what this was, dont ask me where that came from.  It was really interesting talking to this man. x

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Who is preparing the meal? lol

7. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Unfamiliar with Book of Lamb.  I can tell you about the Book of Life but not Lamb.  Can you expand on what source you get this term from.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God.

We all know it and the real source of knowledge is -

"Duck Fat." Amen.

Sorry - God did not deem you worthy.

You will burn in hell fire for eternity.

Bye.

1. profile image0

big_smile

2. profile image0
  8. profile image0

So, I'm safe then?

9. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

I'm tempted to say mint sauce recipes...

10. profile image0

Okay, um, I'm locking the door now.....

11. profile image0

Shaz, you have any Cheetos in here? big_smile

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I love lamb...it'll be Christmas dinner this year.

Sorry Denno smile

1. profile image0

That's okay, I forgive you. Duck Soup, A S.

13. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

Title of a Marx Brothers' movie? Give me a hint

14. goldenpath profile image67

The question was posed so here we go.  The Book of Life is the sum total of one's thoughts and actions or, in essence, the record of one's life.  The Lamb's Book of Life is His other record of the faithful which is mentioned in Revelation.  Is this to what you are referring to?

1. profile image0

yes, exactly.  x

1. goldenpath profile image67
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is also mentioned in the following passages:
        Philippians 4:3
        Revelation 3:5
        Revelation 13:8
        Revelation 17:8
        Revelation 20:12
        Revelation 21:27
        Revelation 22:19
        Daniel 12:1-4
        Luke 10:20

1. profile image0

yes that is right.  I am surprised not more people know of it.

2. goldenpath profile image67

What does it mean to me?

It tells me that I, personally, have an accounting to make for all my thoughts and actions (and inactions) done while in the flesh.  The ultimate goal, of course, is to qualify for the Lamb's Book of Life.  It is pretty serious stuff to ponder when one reflects on his or her own life.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
          AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whew. Good thing none of it's true, then

Your point is a good one.

We all respond from our own experiences (including yourself, as you point out).

I found the teaching you outlined to be a fairly seriously crippling belief to have, when I had it; I'd say it was bordering on the poisonous (maybe that's strong language; but it certainly made me paranoid, in a way, and nervous, and downgraded my quality of life by several notches -- so I am only reacting to that, that's all.

But we each have our own experience of course. Knife-pulling is not cool, to say the least).

I thank you greatly for your honesty. 

No, it definitely was not cool.  Wasn't the first time and probably not the last unfortuneately.

Man, I don't know, but some of the experiences recounted on this site make me wonder if America really is the land of the wackos, as some people dub it. In all my life I never heard of anyone having a knife pulled on them over religion in any of the several places around the world I have lived. It's sad, because America has *so* much going for it in other ways...

I completely agree.  I believe we have some of the best most charitable people here in this country and at the same time we have the lowest of the low.  It is a universal truth I have come to accept.  Where there is good you will find the evil.  Discernment is the key.
                    I live in an area that is still very much "anti" my religion.  And for that I and many others of my faith are persecuted.  It is hard, sometimes, to maintain the faith but we cannot waiver.

2. profile image0

Seriously, people shouldnt have aggressive behaviour put on them for their beliefs, whatever their belief system is!  We all need to respect each other, love one another and be kind x

2. profile image0

well, talking to the retired vicar.. he tended to think that it is about those with good intentions.  He said that there was Satan's book with the same names and his objective is to make those listed in the book of lamb or his list, to stumble and fall.  Essentially to convert them to the ways of evil by diverting them from their paths of good intent.

Agreed, but I would submit that the Adversary does this for all of us and not just those in the Lamb's Book.  True, though, often the more faithful one is the more resistance is supplied by the Adversary.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No.

Sorry - you are burning in hell.

Bye.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right now? lol

15. profile image0

It's not Duck Soup? No?

1. profile image0

neither it is a recipe for lamb chop!  But it is funny how your comment about hubpages relate!  I thought you knew what the book of lamb was cos the comment was so apt!

16. profile image0

Well, at least I'm off the supper table...

1. profile image0

not if this lot had their way!

1. profile image0

Um, way to be a pal, Shaz....

17. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

Has it got something to do with washing yourself down in blood at some point

1. profile image0

Yeah, sign me up!

mmmm, you might be thinking of sheepdip -- not the same thing

1. profile image0

Ack!

Hey, I went through Maine once. It was very dark (I was on a night train).

1. profile image0

They had no lights on the train?

There seemed to be no lights in the communities -- or maybe there were no communities... lots of trees, though

1. profile image0

The entire state shuts down at 9 pm lol

1. profile image0

its all flipping fields.. he is a blooming sheep remember! gee!

*thinks... why have lighting for sheep?*

2. profile image0

was you stroking the hair of a horse at the time?

*maine*

2. profile image0

Denno knows that when a sheep is on its back it cant get back up, so easy for sacrifice!

1. profile image0

You make it sooooo easy to like you...

1. profile image0

you love it babes!  Be sacrificed for the love of the saviour! *wink*

1. profile image0

Hmm, okay now just like the good book that can be interpreted in so many ways...  lol

1. profile image0

with sauce!

18. profile image0

And spare the sheep, too.

19. goldenpath profile image67

AdsenseStrategies does have a point though.  Many times the ocurrences in our lives either strengthen or weaken the perceived "facts" we have at that point in time.  For myself I try to live my life as if there IS that book.  Doing so has gained me a testimony of the reality of that accounting.  I understand that not all agree with certain religious perspectives.  At the same time I believe that most people here are trying to live their lives to the best of their ability in trying to maintain the integrity and sincerity of heart.  This is good because (from my point of view only) their good deeds are still being recorded in that Book whether they, themselves, believe in that accounting or not.

Well-stated. Just shows how important it is to have an educated mind. I don't agree with your beliefs, but I most certainly respect the way you express yourself. Too bad this sort of comment was not more typical around here, rather than the "well I know I am but what are you" style we so often get.

20. profile image0

A good life review is the ultimate reward. That's how I see it.

21. profile image0

yep.. live life with good intentions, respecting others and by being kind x

22. profile image0

Okay, now where are the Cheetos?

23. profile image0

Well, lack of religion doesn't guarantee non-violence, either. However, live and let live.

24. goldenpath profile image67

Granted, OVERWHELMINGLY, violence is introduced out of a cowardess nature.  They WANT a violent reaction in order to justify the action taken on you.  Over time I have learned that at these occasions I must stand firm while being as calm and collected as can be.  Just like on HP things are said in order to invoke a negative response back.  For me as long as I stand strong and show my resolve as completely firm in there eyes they usually back off.  In fact, on occasion, I have had my hand shook from a perpetrator who was relieved to see that I would not back down.  But this is rare happening.

It is a cruel world online and out.  In order to progress as a civilization that virtues hard work and not "entitlements" we must become more tolerable and understanding.  We don't need to be in pursuit of changing everyone's mind to match ours in order to successfully coexist in peace.

One scar was enough for me to permanently tell me there are evil minded people out there.

1. profile image0

I am sorry.  Just keep it in mind and hope that they might see the error of their ways x

1. profile image0

Your back!

1. profile image0

yes... give it a scratch and I will turn you over from your back! x

2. goldenpath profile image67

Understanding, though, remember in their eyes and many on this forum I am in error.  That's fine.  It's called opinion.  It goes back to my answer to your original forum question.  No matter what happens to me, even to the loss of my own life, I am to live as if all my fiber of being is recorded in that Book of Life and I am to stand accountable one day for every page contained therein..... But that, again, is only my opinion and testmony according to my own experiences just as AdsenseStrategies has his opinions according to his life givings.  It's all OK, and I hold no malice toward anyone.  Thanks for allowing me to express my thoughts.

25. profile image0

That ,goldenpath, is a tough lesson to teach our children, who, by nature, start off being pure of being. There are those out there who just feed on that innocence. I've met some beautiful people that just cannot comprehend the notion of those without regard for anyone or anything.

Agree to the extreme...

26. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If I'm half tha believer that I think that I am would and wanna be would I care if somebody came up from behind me and cut my head off????

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)