Is it possible to make more than $2,000 with Hubpages ?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (43 posts)
  1. docrehab profile image59
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Hi,

Is it possible to make more than $2,000 monthly on Hubpages?

Thx

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Possible yes. Likely? It will take a very long time to reach that goal if you are only using Hubpages.  Most people that earn well online have several streams of income.

2. Haunty profile image74
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come and find out. wink

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a good idea-- just give a good old try and tell us if it's possible.
        I believe it is, but I haven't really tried that much.

3. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

$2,000 a month, I doubt it very much.
      $2,000 a year - Yes. smile

2. anime_nanet profile image58
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

This is the part where a ficticious character with 0 hubs as well comes to say: why yes, of course not only with hubpages, but if you use this wonderful SEO product you'll manage in 3 months incredible results! Check it out - (insert spammy link to crappy product here)

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YOU ARE SARCASTICALLY FUNNY! I like your style!! x

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

It's such a coincidence. Someone was posting over the weekend how they make more than $2,000 a month online and were thinking of joining Hubpages. I guess $2,000 is the new hot income number...such a coincidence that the same number was used...

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

UW, that was 2000$/week which make more than $8000/month so a big difference.

To answer the OP's question: Yes it is possible, but don't quit your day job to work on HP. First aim for $200/month and once you reach there, you can aim for 1000 and then 2000. Aiming for something that high will get you frustrated. You need to learn a lot before you make that much.

4. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

Personally? I'm sure it is possible. Probable? Not so much.

5. Miss Belgravia profile image61
    Miss Belgraviaposted 14 years ago

This is Doc Rehab's bio: "Hi! I am Doc Rehab and I am a drug rehabilitation professional giving away free and unbiased advices to help you have a totally recovery from drug addiction."

Hmmm. Didn't we have a pretend doctor on here just a few days ago, who was also giving out "advices" until his credentials were challenged?

1. Haunty profile image74

Doesn't matter. Let her advice be judged based upon her hubs (yet to come, probably) rather than rumor or assumptions.

2. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If a Doctor can't speak English properly and asks strange forum questions, what hope does the medical industry have? XD

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Well, he/she is also asking in another thread if you can rewrite someones article so they can't tell it was theirs...

1. Haunty profile image74

He/she is asking lots of questions at the same time. I just don't take things at face value, that's all. Btw, enjoy your wine... smile Even though it must have been oxidized since last Christmas. neutral

7. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 14 years ago

What? roll

8. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

it can be possible,but i advice you aim low for a start and grow your income with much commitment 0n the long run.

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well put. smile

9. itech profile image65
    itechposted 14 years ago

Go to Hubpages blog to know the truth.

One line answer : More than that is also possible...

10. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

If you can make 1$ you can make $1000 but its going to take work, time, patience and a willingness to learn everything you can smile. I hope to make that sort of money eventually but for now I am happy to earn something. I have tried a lot of different get rich schemes and its never as quick or easy as it says on the box. Thats the thing about HP, it's not 'sold' as a get rich scheme and people keep it real here so you know that the advice given is worth listening to. I am sure that when I have been here like 5 years and have 1,000 to 10,000 hubs I will make enough to be very happy but thats a long term goal. My short term goal is to get 100 hubs up and increase amazon sales to a daily thing. Goals are great but be sure to have fun writing here too!

1. Karina S. profile image61
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I made $1 when can i expect the rest of my money? lol

11. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago

That's a nice way of looking at it, kirsten smile

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is working for me big_smile
      If it ain't broke don't fix it as they say big_smile
      Seriously this is the best thing I have found! I have been told write an ebook and you will make loads, went and wrote an ebook and guess what?! I did not make loads, just about covered the cost of adwords! tongue

1. profile image0
        Audreveaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I definitely think $2K per month is doable. But it's a job and you have to apply yourself to it. I've come to think that a huge part of it is thinking like a marketer. People go on about the keyword research and tools but the really successful people seem to write well and have their finger on the pulse, plus bring marketing smarts to the table.

Well done on the ebook!

I am very proud of my ebook even tho it didn't make much money. I have had only 1 refund and I think it was a case that the person didn't really get what an ebook is, they were on a computer that was not theirs and were panicking about it being downloaded to that computer. I was happy to refund and was glad that it was for an innocent reason, not because my ebook sucked! lol

Funny thing is I have given away the ebook almost as many times as I have sold it, my market is not a market with lots of money or even credit cards! A lot of teens email saying that cannot buy but wish they could so I send em the download link and I almost always make a sale with someone else when I give it free to someone else.

12. athulnair profile image66
    athulnairposted 14 years ago

really difficult task....smile

13. Daniel Hicks profile image61
    Daniel Hicksposted 14 years ago

I like to think so. But it will take an approach that combines cranking out a lot of quality hubs with attention to the keywords that have value, and continual backlink building to gain organic traffic. I think also a significant portion should be devoted to product pages so that it is a mix of Affiliate + Google.

14. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

It is an impossible task and so it is used as an advertisement caption to attract people to purchase spammy products.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you've published over 4,000 Hubs and aren't earning $2,000 a month, you have to ask yourself whether you're doing something wrong.  I've been here two years, too - based on what my 90 Hubs are earning, if I had 4,000 Hubs like you, I'd be cashing out at least $5,000 a month. 

Proof, if we ever needed it, that sexy Indian photos are poor earners?

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's really clear why you aren't earning,

The below quote is from shinujohn's hub on post-pregnancy pelvic exercises:

"Hill says the beforehand females alpha the bigger it is All who accept had accouchement should do approved pelvic attic beef contest"

Pelvic attic beef contests just aren't a high-paying niche....

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is 'seriosly funny', Relache. Can't believe you have never searched that phrase-- but perhaps your are vegetarian. smile

15. profile image0

I think the internet is so liberating for writers. When there was only print, getting something published and out to a readership was expensive and required getting through layers of editorial approval. Now we can just go direct to our market. It's fantastic.

I agree, its amazing how many possibilities are out there for someone willing to give it a go! big_smile

16. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Something I found funny and thought I could share here, I wrote a freebie ebook for people who visited my sales page and gave an email to send it to. I,  awhile back decided to search for my name just to see what comes up. I found my freebie ebook posted in a forum with praise and credit to me! It was a 101 cheep or free fun things to do, written for everyone but most specifically people who struggle with depression and have little money. It was posted to a site for people who self harm as advice for stuff to do instead of self harming. I was totally amazed and really proud! big_smile

17. docrehab profile image59
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Yes it seems... lol

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I'm planning on making $2,000 a month on HubPages by March, which would be my one year anniversary here. It's just a matter of finding the right monetization pattern and creating sufficient content and Hubs. The search engine traffic is too good here, not to make a lot of money. People here really underestimate the financial possibility on HubPages, and I've never understood why.

19. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

If you want to make money you have to write about products and services that people want to buy online.

If you don't then you won't make money.

Most people just write... and that's okay, but it's not the way to make money.

Before you start a hub you should research the potential for traffic and for profit from the items you sell.

It's all how you approach it... the dollar target is irrelevant.

I found a hub yesterday while researching an automotive products that is very tightly defined.  The hub is ranking number #1 in Google for a search term that gets 5,000 searches a month.

With a clickthrough rate of 2% via adsense that should score 50-100 clicks per month.  In that niche I would not be surprised if the clicks paid $1 each.  I have clicks that are in this range, and sometimes exceed $5 a click.

Now if you can replicate these types of niches you can make real money.

20. profile image0

That's good advice - though $2K is my mental target too. I like having a target... $2K is a meaningful number for me. Weird how it seems to be everyone;s magic number.

Recently I've been thinking that it's not enough to analyse the google keywords - you need to be on trend or pref in front of it and get your stuff out there before people start searching (ESP style wink ).

I think the marketing has to go back into e-marketing.

21. Casper021 profile image59
    Casper021posted 14 years ago

yes, everything is possible as long as you can put hard work and dedication into it

22. Wrestling Freak profile image58
    Wrestling Freakposted 14 years ago

From the short period of time I have been here and what I know about marketing I think it is very posible to make that kind of money using Hubpages.

Of course if I come here and put up a few hubs and walk away I probably wont make any money.

In fact i think 2000 is a great goal for myself.  I dont know if I can do it with exclusively wrestling hubs so I may need to mix things up a bit but for now I think I will focus on the wrestling ones and see what happens.

23. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Talking about spammy products LOL Do they make spam out of pelvic beef? wink

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More likely the beasts toenails! Tasted that stuff??? smile

24. OregonWino profile image62
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

Just to add my $0.02    ...I still make the majority of my income from my blogs outside of hubpages and am not anywhere near $2000 a month.  That level of income will take some serious dedication and article writing, but yes, it can be done.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)