May God and his son bless us all

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (116 posts)
  1. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

With endless patience, guidence, endurance.
    To lead us into rightousness. And, to help
    us with our strength in everyday
    life, patience in every thing we do. 
    Amen

Have a great day one and all..

1. errum fattah profile image61
      errum fattahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a christian prays to God ' oh the father of jesus my my son is so sick he's dying ..oh lord! the father of lord jesus give him health' and than in that moment his son died n then he cames to church and asked ' oh God y did u this y?' and than in nigt he saw a man saying him ' u dont know God is one? u dont know God has no son, no brother and no any family so y did u called his prophet as God's son?' and than he knews the reality and converted to Islam....so nikki how can u say his son also bless us..God has no son..

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We do not have to have the same beliefs to wish each other well. Thank you Nikki! Namaste

2. quildon profile image72
        quildonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know that God has a son because the Bible says "For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son into the world that all who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear!Hear!

1. Hokey profile image60

\
            It's just a book. A book written by humans.

2. Mikio profile image69
          Mikioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I know that god has a son because the Bible says...."  With all due respect, how did you come to believe that the Bible is true?  I ALWAYS wonder how some Christians have arrived at this belief.  Lots of what the Bible says go direct against our common sense experience, that is scientifically speaking. Anyway, the point is that you sound like one of those naive persons who believe in the Bible literally just because that's how you were raised.  I would like to see more 'intelligence' in your response.

1. i_am_Legend profile image60
            i_am_Legendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I AGREE

3. nikki1 profile image60
        nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Jesus" is Gods son. Born from the Virgin Mary.

4. nikki1 profile image60
        nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was Gods son. He died on the cross for our sins and the sins of the people who put him on the cross. Who so believes in him shall be saved. I for one believe in him.

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe in ME!

Amen

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Beautiful prayer, thanks Nikki! smile

3. khawfash profile image60
    khawfashposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Nikki.  You have a great day and an awesome year.

4. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

U all r welcome big_smile

5. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

thanks Nikki.
    now that we have that blessing, let's do something with it!
    woohoo!

6. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Nice Words

Have a great day too, Nikki.

7. MikeNV profile image66
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Did "God" create everything?

Can we understand Good without Evil?

What is righteousness?

Why did "God" not reveal his son right from the start?

Seems like the plan makes for an easy story to tell doesn't it?

People want/must believe in something in order to make their lives have some kind of purpose.

It's amazing how intelligent people can reason on just about every subject, except for "God"... for that subject they have absolute faith in some belief system that they adhere to effectively closing their minds to further progression.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YES

YES (its called consciousness: good v evil)

Living beyond consciousness : sin/death : right/wrong : law/prophecy

He did, The worlds were framed by the Word.

It's very easy if your actually look at it without all the mumbo-jumbo attached.

who says belief in "God" is not rational, intelligent. Even -dare i say- science has formed intelligent design theory.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Lying is not really helping your case.

"Science" formed no such thing.

Mumbo Jumbo is an excellent word to describe everything you just said. Dear me.

Belief in a god is 100% irrational and displays a complete lack of education. "Intelligent" ? Who knows - those of us who think we are intelligent make up all sorts of garbage to justify ourselves.

Case in point..........

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        2. profile image0

conjecture: it is commonly called: junk science, and well accepted by the global scientific community. Nice try Knowles.

i am sorry to over stated the obvious to you Marky, Mark, but your limited capacity of your own Need To Know is irrational, provoking and completely full of conjecture, opinionated with no basis for fact or fiction.

yes, my chubby little wannabe Frenchman, you are the "Secret in Action" the finite rusty ideology, lacking both conviction and principle.
          A crow, with no goo` co`n.
          And that my friend is the true story.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Global scientific community? lol

Dear me.

ciao

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chubby? wanna be? You call that a discussion. You need help!

1. profile image0

Precisely. This is what all of you do to others attempting to discuss points they are interested in. Belligerent 'hijacking' -as the saying goes. Rude, selfish, obnoxious, argumentative, rhetorical comments -especially from you. This is your logic for us NOT to be believe. HA! This is our hope of the future of mankind -infinite conjecture? HA! again.
                I would rather see my bones dissolve in a vat of acid than be counted among your New Age of Scientific thinking.

Now the boomerang comes back round to smack you in the arse, mate.

BTW, how dem fairies in your er, umm head -i mean- garden, fellow hubber, Earnesthub?

I find all your comments to become personal attacks as soon as you run in to opposition.I see no new age scientific thinkers here.
                  You do not have to have any belief to replace the tooth fairy, it is sufficient to point out that it is a crock.
                  This conflict with science is all your own stuff. Telling people that the fairy did it doesn't cut it any more.

Every time knowledge comes along the "context" and "meaning" of "the word" have to go through even more unbelievable convolutions! Your petty put-downs are pathetic. lol

1. profile image0

Earnest, just face it, you are FULL OF IT.
                    You found my comments an attack, really? And why pray tell would you be slighted? Why, because someone is throwing the stones at your head this time? You are no better than the rest of the motley fool. whether or not you can or cannot prove or the 'religionists' can or cannot prove. it is all irrelevant. So instead of you personally or impersonally attacking/sideswiping/objecting to others point of view, why don't you actually get a clue.
                    I am hardly on of those poor helpless bible toters that you seem to gravitate towards -for whatever reason. But when you consciously seek to cause trouble and create unnecessary argument or put down another, then I am definitely going to take a stand.

That is the moral choice I have.

knowledge shm-aladge.
                    what good is knowledge if you can't even cure a "common" cold. what good is knowledge when the only planet you can survive on is choking on noxious methane gases and carbon emissions from machines everyone uses.
                    pathetic is the mirror you are fogging up with your fairy friends fellow. context, knowledge, banter. its is all bullsh!te, mate. all of it.
                    it is not even entertaining.
                    now that IS pathetic.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
                    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see ALL of your comments to be personal attacks even with out any provocation what so ever...

Must be small man disease...internet tough guys or something....

You ooze hate Earnie....why is that?

2. tantrum profile image59
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All the above, written by you,  describes you better than anything else!
            lol

I wonder from what asylum did you run away !
            lol

1. profile image0

See above sweetheart. just another mocking crow.

1. tantrum profile image59

lol lol
                Are we in High School ? hmm

1. Hokey profile image60

...but I love crows

big_smile

2. profile image0

apparently. Because all the Lot of ya whine & bully, while throwing spit balls, then run to the teacher or pretend they need a piss pass.

1. Hokey profile image60

Wow! somebody is upset!  You lose!

To what teacher ? Qwark ? Or Cagsil ?
                    lol lol lol

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

and who says atheists are intolerant or bigots...

You do.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

I have a hub where I try and share my understanding of why evil exists 'the great paradox' (evil must exist for good to exist)

8. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

It would be so nice, if more people understood Jesus' work, instead of assuming to understand. It's amazing many simply over look his words and demean the understanding his wanted them to learn in the first place.

Down-right shame on the entire mess. smile

1. profile image0

{{ teach them, Cagsil. Don't condemn them indirectly }}

2. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What would be so nice is if people took a blessing for the benevolent expression it is instead of misusing it as an opportunity to go on the warpath.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no war path. Common-sense should be the basis of understanding life. There is NO common-sense in the stories offered by religion.

And, like I've said in the past, when you THROW OUT religion, then you also get rid of it's "GOD" concept.

And, yet again, I will tell you Jesus' work wasn't religion and shouldn't be inside religious books.

When you separate Jesus' work from religion, you find out there is no god. Especially with the understanding of the time in which he lived.

So, in the end, common-sense should prevail and truth be known. It's those who cannot find any purpose for living their life, is the reason for continued perpetuation of the "GOD" concept.

The other reason is so religious/spiritual leaders can usurp power, wealth and control over the masses.

I'm sorry. It's fact. The more people who realize this, the better off the world will be. Plain and simple. big_smile

1. aguasilver profile image69
          aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Common-sense should be the basis of understanding life. "

Why?

Common sense cannot understand faith, nor make an account of things not seen but hoped for, but which happen in due course.

As Valerie said, common sense would tell you NOT to enter a burning building to save a child, or to throw yourself on a grenade to save your buddies, yet people make those decisions and we name them heroes.

3. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i noticed you spend a lot of time trying to inform people of what exactly is jesus work. You have so many christian hubs one would think you to be an authority.
      But wait.. mostly you just moan and complain, hahahaha, fair enough, keep up the good job, everybody is good at something.

9. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

A burglar broke into a home and was looking around. He heard a soft voice say, "Jesus is watching you". Thinking it was just his imagination, he continued his search. Again the voice said "Jesus is watching you". He turned his flashlight around and saw a parrot in a cage.

He asked the parrot if he was the one talking and the parrot said, "yes."

He asked the parrot what his name was and the parrot said, "Moses."

10. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Jesus came across a woman crouching in a corner with a crowd around her preparing to stone her to. Jesus stopped them and said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Suddenly a woman at the back of the crowd fired off a stone at the woman. At which point Jesus looked over and said, "Mother! Sometimes you really tick me off!"

1. susanlang profile image59
      susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Grinning... thanks for lightening up the room smile

11. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol

1. Hokey profile image60

Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.

cool

12. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Tantrum, you either have a new follower or you are being followed lol

1. Hokey profile image60

More like WORSHIPPED?

OH ! Are you building a temple for me ? big_smile

1. Hokey profile image60

More like pitching a tent! lol

yikes
            mad
            sad

lol

1. Hokey profile image60

that is hilarious!

2. susanlang profile image59

ha ha ha just too funny...should all be on the jay leno show smile  but do love the humor!

lol
      He's a FF
      following friend
      big_smile

1. Hokey profile image60

exactly!

13. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

No, I can't really say that either.

14. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Amen.

15. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

Aren't we all children of God?  So that also makes me the son of God.  You are welcome!

Onya getitrite! Thank yer motha fer the rabbits too! smile

16. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

lol

Hey lyrics! Everytime a pretty girl laughs at my humour I feel good! How does that work? lol

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

A poor choice to sacrifice his only son to fix all the problems he made himself, like shonky humans with dirty DNA.
    I guess god is not even as smart as mud! lol

18. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I personally am not comfortable with the idea that my path to eternal life is paid by human sacrifice. Didn't the Christians destroy the Aztec for this?

Yes they did, but it does not apply to the bible believers apparently. smile
      There is a lot of obey or die stuff left in the belief system from "the good old days"

2. Cagsil profile image71

How about a different take on it completely?

Jesus met with the religious sect/leaders of his time and he knew those religious leaders were a hoax. So, they executed him because he would not teach their religious hoax.

The word "sin" only comes from religion. Writings talk about Jesus eating and drinking with the so-called "sinners".

Jesus never saw human beings as sinners, nor was he ever connected to religion's "GOD" concept, which was perpetuated before Jesus' time. Remember, Jesus' work is only in religion because it was incorporated after his death, so as to cover up, what was done.

Jesus was murdered/executed, for committing NO crime. smile

Just a thought for those who are religious. smile

1. profile image0

Joh 5:14  Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Joh 8:11  She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Both quotes contain the phrase sin now more. Both quotes were made by Jesus who you speak of so much while yet saying sin means nothing except for religious people.

1. Hokey profile image60

Its just a book. A book written by humans.

2. profile image0

I suppose you have no comment on this post. It doesn't matter really. Anyway, good night everyone. smile

1. Hokey profile image60

Just a book written by humans. Goodnight

19. Cagsil profile image71

Hey SirDent, how are you? smile

1. profile image0

I am blessed. Also glad to see the Saints win the superbowl.

I'm glad to hear that. smile wink

20. earnestshub profile image80

I have never considered that killing ones son was a sensible solution to having made man as a psychotic mess. smile
    But then again, I have not considered it reasonable to wipe out whole cities because the people did not believe I was god either!
    What a lot of nonsense! lol

1. Valerie F profile image60

You're once again blaming God for choices people have made that were contrary to God's will.

When one goes against the will of this god, he doesn't have one ounce of common sense or logic, just turns in to a psychopath and wipes people out. A god like that has nothing to teach mankind, we already do that! smile

Hey, you're still here, aren't you?

Yes, I know there is no god, and the bible is just threats. smile

1. aguasilver profile image69
              aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Morning Earnest, did you see that Ozzie chap with the funny messages I posted to you last night?

Yes I commented on it twice! The shot is taken in High St Windsor near the park. I lived around the corner for more than 20 years. Funny! smile

Did I hear you say psychopath? Gee...that would be my ex and his family... who attacked me here on the hubs just 5 days ago. I hope their  gone now. Or, maybe just hanging low with a different profile name?!  Time will tell.

smile If they do it again turn a forum lose on em! lol

21. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I have said it before and I will say it again. Human sacrifice is not what I want to follow.

How about if someone willingly put their lives on the line?

Would you run back into a burning building to avoid the chance of a firefighter sacrificing his or her life for you?

22. Cagsil profile image71

You put faith in nothing, when believing in something not real. It's not faith that people make decisions to become heroes. They do it because they value other people's life. It's a selfless act.

Common-sense plays a factor, because they understand the value of life and it's true meaning. The greater good is humanity's survival, every individual person.

This is common-sense to those who want humanity to succeed and not die out.

Faith in each other and ourselves is the only kind of faith required for understanding of life. The "GOD" concept isn't required, to grow spirituality as a human being. It's through LOVE for others.

And, yeah I know, you're going to say where do you think that love comes from. It comes from making up your mind about the value of a human beings' existence. The love ONE human being can perpetuate is worth 10x any religious teaching can offer.

Most people who try to understand "religion" or it's scripture, self realize it's detrimental affects/effects. smile

23. Cagsil profile image71

And, those who can understand the religious teachings, are the one who perpetuate the "GOD" concept, because they themselves already know it's a hoax.

Those who don't know it's a hoax, is because they refuse to accept every aspect of their life. They use religion or "GOD" as a crutch for their own existence and place blame on "IT" every time something goes wrong.

"It" being the devil you mean? smile

No. I mean people literally blame the "GOD" concept for their problems. smile And, they believe it themselves that it's "God's Will" for the things that happen in their life. roll

Gotcha. smile

Hey you... I said hello on facebook today and didn't hear a word from you sad

3. susanlang profile image59

Did you take any of my photo's off my facebook page?

2. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You do realise that - for them - you are the devil now ?  evil is the entity that opposes the trite drivel that comes out of their mouths in the name of their god, who must be metaphysically laughing his metaphysical winky off

lol I know I am! lol lol

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
            Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Huh.. With the beard and all you kinda look the part.

The beard has since been as long as Santa's and now clean shaven, but I know what ya mean.
              The head has seen a few miles, and was not much to start with! lol. smile

24. earnestshub profile image80

By the way, the word I used is not offensive in my culture, it is usually meant in a light hearted way, but hubpages have no way of knowing that. smile
    What, not resorting to some more "legal" abuse?
    What you think of me is none of my business anyway and is not of any interest to me either. smile

1. errum fattah profile image61
      errum fattahposted 14 years ago

..when was marry died? n if u belives tht jesus was married than tell me whom he was married n wats the date of his marrige? n how many sons n daughters he wa having wat were there names?

1. nikki1 profile image60
        nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus never married. He never had a change.

2. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

May God and his son bless us all

The Creator- God Allah YHWH has no wife; He is exalted needs no wife, no daughters; and no  sons; why should He has one when he could create anything he likes. If He had desired to forgive sins; He could do it on his own will; He needs no cruel drama as wrongly thought by clever Paul and the Church.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

3. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

A true believers prayer.

May god and his son bless us all,
      and save us all from satan.
      But only if we had the urge to read the book of hatin.
      Homosexuals, heretics,  those dirty unbelievers,
      will go to hell to burn in fire, those horrible deceivers!

While all of us who love the book, will go and live in heaven, we're better than the rest of you, multiplied by seven.

You horrid little atheists who still believe in science who don't bow down and understand the good behind compliance, may all your kids get hoopin cough, a pox upon your town, may your chooks turn in to emus and kick your dunny down!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)