Is Love the invention of women?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (46 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

My experience tells me that the word love in the context of an adult relationship was the invention of women.... like when I hand over my credit card....thanks Love

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No love isn't the invention of women. It is an emotion defined by humanity, however, limited it might be.

It's understanding, isn't always grasped. Hence, much confusion on each persons part. smile

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks Love ! big_smile

3. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

That's a ridiculous notion! Love isn't an invention, it's nature! The inventions of men, deceit, dishonesty, and hate are what poisons love.

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are such a huggy kissy kinda guy aren't you.... aw

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! You wouldn't think that if you read my post in the polygamy thread! smile

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHHHAHAAA!!!! or by your Avitar? lol  but you are, and you know it....

3. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

love is a natural feeling, we show it in different ways, we feel it differently, we cope with it differently too, but it is the most wonderful feeling in the world -- to be loved and be loved in return,,

4. theirishobserver. profile image60

surely Poppa women can be deceitful,dishonest and hate driven...am I wrong...

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I used the term "man" to represent mankind not a particular gender. Yes all those traits are human and not found in the animal kingdom.

1. TLMinut profile image59
        TLMinutposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Animals actually DO deceive each other. I don't remember where I saw the studies -- it was PBS or some such thing about nature.

5. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

he he he...I did just write a hub about this...

6. theirishobserver. profile image60

tantrum, right back at you and it didnt cost me anything, were do you get those smiley faces....

1. tantrum profile image61

In the formating tips you'll get the clue ! lol

2. profile image0

some smiley you can make. click on the "formatting tips" thingy it will give you a better list..but for example
      ;  )  with no spaces gets you  wink and : ) =  smile 
      other people have way better animated smileys, and I have no idea where htey come from. Im so jealous...

1. profile image0

HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!

7. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

love adult wise is a natural defense against extinction.

Love is not necessary. Only sex.

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what.......  really

1. profile image0

she means, as a defense against extinction. If there are 2 people left, and they have to procreate to keep the species alive, love isnt needed.

Yeah !
            Crystal clear ! lol

2. Rod Marsden profile image67
        Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sex is necessary to get the ball rolling. Don't forget that babies and then infants need a lot of care before they can make it on their own and in terms of survival it is best if there are two active parents instead of one. A man might go in for the sex off the bat, no problem there, but it is love which makes him want to stick around or at least love forms a good argument for him to do so. A partnership is the best way to go for survival of the young and thus survival of the species. Love is thus part of survival.

8. theirishobserver. profile image60

tantrum and Justine76 thanks smile

9. theirishobserver. profile image60

I suppose humanity could exist without love, but then that would mean I would simply be handing over my credit card for I suppose the sake of it.......even if it is the invention of women its better than nothing...isnt it?

I'd love to see your Credit Card. Is it Black ? big_smile

10. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Justine there are so many occasions when you help me out, thanks

1. profile image0

heeehhee
      I love to think im helpful. Usally I smash noses by accident, burn dinner and fall down alot...

11. theirishobserver. profile image60

Tantrum, No its Gold but its like Madoffs, slightly strained....

it will do for the time being. Hand it over!  lol

12. Garnet Greene profile image60
    Garnet Greeneposted 14 years ago

This comment annoyed me so much that my first reply was long enough to be a hub, so I made it one! There are plenty of people with good values (religious or secular), it's just that some aren't attracted to people of character, or it's far down the list of things they look for in a mate.

Thanks for helping me complete another hub though.

1. profile image0

thats cool you got a new hub out of it!  smile wich comment annoyed  you?

lol

13. theirishobserver. profile image60

Tantrum, you just did not say the magic words.....and any way I am about to treat myself to a Chinese and a can of coke.....

lol
      what a pity !
      I tried ! big_smile
      Not too hard it seems ! lol

2. profile image0

WHAT!!???? is A chinese?

14. theirishobserver. profile image60

Garnet just read your inspired hub very good, I am now a devoted follower....

1. Garnet Greene profile image60
      Garnet Greeneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw shucks! Thanks.

Irish, I can solve your romance dilemna, btw. If you come to the US we'll all like you - we're suckers for your accent! In Ireland, it won't do you any good!

I hope 2010 does bring you love and joy.

15. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Let`s not forget, there are many kinds of love, like the love of your children, friends, siblings, and fellow beings. Can you honestly say the love of a father for his son or daughter wouldn`t exist if not for woman?

16. theirishobserver. profile image60

Why does Love always seem to get reduced to sex....is there no romance left in the world

17. theirishobserver. profile image60

Soon it will be Valentines...is it all going to be about sex?

1. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not ALL about it, but it's a nice addition wink

No, love is not invented by women, though in many relationships it seems that the expectations are set by women. A materialistic woman who only wants a credit card needs a materialistic man who has a good job and is happy to be free of the burden of spending time with her and being romantic. On the flip side, some men crave the attention and intimacy every bit as much as the most touchy-feely woman, and they need an unmaterialistic woman who is also very touchy-feely.

18. theirishobserver. profile image60

wychic that was deep, as you say some women like money and some men like the attention and dont mind paying for it, I have often found that the word love is often first uttered by a woman in a relationship....like hanging it out there like a carrot and watching your reaction....if you bite your in trouble and your love becomes a stick with which to beat you, I could be wrong...

1. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That could be...I've only been in two major relationships, and in both cases he was the one to say it first, and I've had others say it when I didn't feel the same. However, this could very well only speak to my own caution and not be representative of how most women would react. I also live in an out-of-the-way, small-town cowboy culture, which could make a difference...my husband tells me that he's used to much pushier women and much more intelligent men in other places wink.

19. theirishobserver. profile image60

Love is...not expecting too much

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)