THE POWER OF GOD

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
    Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years ago

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,but to those of us who are being saved it is the POWER OF GOD.It is written{I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent}Where is the wise?Where is the disputer of this age?Has not GOD made foolish the wisdom of this world?For since, in the wisdom of GOD,the world through wisdom did not know GOD!!!

1. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess you are the wisest of the wise for seeing this right? Unlike everyone else who is still "getting it", you have already "gotten it" correct? Are you another prophet?

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As it seems, no believers will come and comment on your thread. Why don't you put together all your posts and write a hub ?
      than we will know what's all this about. What your believes are.And you can open interesting threads instead.

Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can only spend so much time here i am very busey.some time in near future i will!thx.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, then don't waste your time arguing here .There are a lot of different topics where I'm sure you be interested in comment.

very smart women!I have 9th grade ed.how should i go about starting hub?

2. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Answered this on my Hub yesterday...

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Reported for what it is - hate speech lol

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

the hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbor,but through knowledge the rightous will be delivered.

Did you mean? The Righteous?

The Righteous cannot even find their way out of a wet paper bag, much less be delivered anywhere. roll

The hypocrite? What about those who live a life of contradiction, yet don't see that they do. What do you think is going to happen to these people?

Just a thought. lol lol

2. marinealways24 profile image59

You believe you are a prophet don't you? You and Mohit have a lot in common.

Wouldn't it be nice if he took the same effort of posting and posturing in the forums and put it into actually writing a Hub? lol lol lol

Yeah. Maybe he thinks he can reach people faster with his "divine prophecies" through the forums. big_smile Notice he hasn't answered my question of whether or not he believes he is a prophet.

because if i says yes you will stone me and if i say no you will tell me to shutup,there is no answer to please you,trick q.& dont even care what you think

big_smile You just answered me. Did Jesus cower away from admitting he was a prophet?

So, why do you believe you are a prophet?

why would you think i was prophet?i am just a child in GODS kingdom

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

He who is devoid of wisdom despises his neighbor,but a man of understanding holds his peace.

So, your comment/post proves you've no wisdom. Good to know. Thank you. smile

And, no I'm not a hypocrite, I'm just stating the obvious. smile

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

What "GOD" are you talking about in the first place?

I don't practice any form of religion, nor do I have any religious beliefs.

So, you seem to have a very strong opinion, unsupported by any factual evidence.

However, should come upon some(facutal evidence that is), then please share it with the rest of the world.

I know of no god, for which, you speak. smile

5. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

There shall, in that time, be *rumors* of things going astray, errrm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi - with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

6. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I would love to see general forum participation made into a privilege limited to people who have published a certain minimum number of hubs, say 5 or 10 (even though I am still one short of the latter number myself). The exceptions would be that one could post genuine questions and requests for relating to hub production and ask for opinions in the Extreme Hub Makeover section.

Hey WriteAngled, I wasn't referring to privilege being limited. I just thought that if he put the effort he puts into the forums, into a Hub, it might be better use of his time.

I don't care if he writes any hubs. That's up to him. I have seen many among Hubberville, who have written nothing on their HubPages account but actively talk in the forums.

However, when in forums, posting can go by extremely quickly, depending on how many people are in the forum to begin with and it would be easier to go to his hubs(providing written some) to understand his/her position in the conversation.

I find it odd, you would bring up this one particular item, with no relevance to the topic at hand?

So, what was the point of your post?

The latter of your statement isn't relevant to the topic, category or anything else for that matter under a Religion & Beliefs forum.

Just a thought. smile

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The point is that so many of the most inflammatory and/or hurtful statements on these forums are being made by zero-hub people, and this is particularly the case in the religious threads, which is why I posted here. I'm all for debate, freedom of opinion, and heated discussion where people feel strongly about things. However, this is not the main rationale for the existence of HP. I would like to see that people who post here have made some sort of minimal commitment to enriching the contents of this site.    That's all.

I see. smile

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

I did not see the rule that says we had to write a hub to debate

7. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Everyone should have a right to speak, although everyone else should have the right to ridicule them for what they say.

Only through ridicule do people learn to think before they speak.

8. Cagsil profile image71

What "GOD" are you talking about?

The mystic one from religion? smile

if you had read what i wrote you would know!!!

You're simply talking about "GOD"? So, how am I suppose to know what "GOD" you are talking about?

You're funny. smile

9. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

and why nobody comes and backs up the OP?
    where are the Christians ?

because it is written:do not correct a scoffer,lest he hate you

10. Cagsil profile image71

You do realize there are many fantasy, mystical and imaginary things written in a lot of books.

None of which is true, btw. smile

11. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Too busy to answer my last comment. big_smile

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Click the help section

thx.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)