I am batteling for my life and those of my brothers and sisters..

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (69 posts)
  1. tim kenner profile image56
    tim kennerposted 14 years ago

Please join me in this battle, pray for me as I pray for you. We are nearing the end of our journey in as much as the earth is concerned, please be aware of the enemy and his devices. Now more than ever you need to know about the devil and his tools of destruction. Pray for me as I will pray for you, let's prevail and be victorious.. TOGETHER!

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dude - you think you are covered in demons. You have enough of your own issues without wasting energy preying for me. You go ahead and deal with your own stuff before worrying about me. I can take care of myself.  K?

1. Glenn S. profile image60
        Glenn S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Mark.

2. NewYorker profile image58
        NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark, you just had to make a negative statement.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi Tim. could you be more specific? i need to plan and all...

3. Mamelody profile image60
      Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen Brother... He who has ears let him hear, he who has eyes let him see.. smile

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What happened with your personal Devils ?
      Dealing with them wasn't enough ? Now you start a thread about the end of the world and Satan.
      My, you're apocalyptic ! lol

5. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always pray for others regardless of what they may think or feel as for your thread being open and people saying it is ridiculous, I have seen other threads that ask for whine with there cheese so you are not asking for wine, you are asking for us to pray and for those of us who believe we will for those who do not that is o.k. to, that is what makes the wonderful world a place to enjoy. This is the first time I have seen this thread so I cannot judge if you are seeking attention or not, but I can pray. smile

2. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Don't despair!
    We have a new medicine called psychiatry. lol

tim kennerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are a real jewel, NOT!

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO big_smile big_smile big_smile

3. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

“Due to the lack of experienced trumpeters, the end of the world has been postponed for three weeks”

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh damn - can't they get anything right?!

4. Friendlyword profile image61
    Friendlywordposted 14 years ago

Did your Mother ever teach you not to Cry Wolf?  Now I dont want to hear anything you have to say...EVER!

Ask Noah if he was crying wolf

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? / And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

2. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ask Noha why all the animals would not fit in the ark even if you ground them up first! lol

1. wyanjen profile image70
          wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He didn't need to cram ALL the animals on the boat.

The birds only needed a place to perch now and then.
          And the fish, well they didn't even notice the flood!

1. earnestshub profile image79

I dunno what happened with the platypus! lol

1. Cagsil profile image71
              Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It shows you even nature makes mistakes? lol lol lol

I don't have a problem with the platypus. smile

But who the hell picked that name?!?
                I can't pronounce it if I'm reading it out loud, and I can't spell it if I'm writing it down.
                They would have made it easier on me if they went ahead and invented new letters to spell it with. tongue

Good question. I don't know who named it, but I know that when it was sent to England for examination they really thought it was a hoax! smile

I'm still not convinced, myself!
                    lol

5. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

abrupt, yet right on point.

well done, people.

6. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I heard a good deal about a ring, and a dark lord, and something about the end of the world, but please, Mr. Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me. Don't turn me into anything... unnatural.”

just like the devil.. sly, speaks the word but slightly jaded

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself.

2. Pr0metheus profile image59
        Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Self-righteous enough to claim Satan's handiwork without first analyzing his own shortcomings....  God I love the religious people in these forums.

7. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

My I inquire what you're battling against? smile

8. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Opens a thread and doesn't answer simple inquiry? Hmm....?

9. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

"The Sky is Falling...... The Sky is Falling!!!!!"  lol

The End is Near!!!  Anyone else want to help me make the potato chips for the End of the World Party? hmm

I'd go to the end of the world for a good party! I'll prepare some fish to go with that! lol

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool BumbleTown gets the First Light on the Day.... A Good Party certainly could be arranged.  Accually Earnest Shall we Sell Early Warning Emails to the Northern Hemisphere? hmm

Ah... free enterprise! Oh yes yes yes! smile smile

10. earnestshub profile image79

Two words for Noah. Woodpeckers. termites! smile

1. Glenn S. profile image60
      Glenn S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

Don't forget the T Rex, Veloceraptors, Diplodocus etc. My guess is the T Rex would have eaten most of the other creatures so leaving more room for the rest wink

Resulting in much poo! lol
        T Rex woulda shook the wood, that's for sure! On any cruise I plan... no T Rex! lol

11. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

What is he Bleating About Earnest?? ..... He's a Day Behind Us!!! lol

Everyone's a day behind us! lol

12. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Dude, you keep opeing personal threads, now I have a bloody headache and am aggravated

get some damn help or remove yourself from the forms until you can participate  in hubpages as a community.

I'd give you a tissue but afraid I just don't want to.

Is this enough attention for you now?

13. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

@Threadmaster roll

14. earnestshub profile image79

Mark, I hope you're as good and well as you look! smile

LOL

I will be soon. Just about gotten over the quitting smoking now - 5th month. Woo Hoo!

Had some health issues recently - teeth/jaw infection that would not go away. Long story short - 2 months of anti-biotics and pain killers (it was extremely painful). 3 teeth pulled, 2 teeth killed and drilled out, channel drilled through the jaw to relieve pressure on a nerve that was trapped and making my face/lip numb, E3500 on a bridge once the infection and pain was dealt with.. sad

Getting my sh** together as we speak. big_smile

Youch! Youch and Youch!
        All the best mate, I hope the worst is behind you. I spent yesterday in hospital. My back decided to offer a few hundred mili volt when I breathed. Dropped me to my knees better than religion. Getting better, but that is the second time in 3 months. Off to the quack tomorrow. smile

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really hope you feel better son Earnest

Thank you! The good bit is I am happy as a skylark! lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

Getting old sux!

Still - better than the alternative. I want to wait as long as possible before taking my seat at Jesus' party. lol

Hope you get good news from the quack. Don't trust the buggars myself and only go and see one in similar circumstance.

I feel pretty much the same! I went to one doc regularly for ten years simply because he reckoned he knew sweet F/all about the human body! That sounded a bit easier to believe than most! smile
            I do not have high expectations, and will probably wind up managing it myself. smile

Well done Mark, welcome to the ex-smokers club smile Sorry about your teeth though, is that why your profile pic only shows your eyes now, because your mouth is swollen up like a hamster with full pouches??? wink

LOL

I hadn't even thought of that as I changed my profile photo. The mind is an amazing thing.

But - no - in that picture I was not all swollen. The swelling is all gone now anyway.

And the quitting smoking was an utter bastard. But worth it - as I say - I don't want to be going to the party with Jesus anytime soon. lol

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

25 times as addictive as heroin they reckon, so if you can quit smoking you can pretty much quit anything. I bet you feel much better for it, I know I do!

Yes top marks to both of you. smile

Thanks guys. I actually feel pretty shitty LOL The teeth were a challenge - I only had the bridge fitted yesterday, and I put on 30 pounds. I did buy a bicycle recently but the weather has been unseasonably bad. we had snow at the weekend - almost never happens.  sad

But I am confident I can lose that and get back in shape now the teeth are done with and I have stopped living on Gummy Bears and Jack Daniels. big_smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough Mark, don't worry, once you get cycling the weight will drop off again and at least when you get off the bike now you won't collapse in a heap gasping for oxygen smile

15. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

tim, you need to relax brother, whatever is tearing you up it is not the devil, hes too busy right now, step back brother and deal with the problems you are wrestling with, you will not find answerers in out ward pourings of doom and gloom....Jesus did not die so that we could waste our time worry about the end smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi you, nice post smile

16. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

OK!  I am back!!!  Did I miss IT?!?!?

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Hokey, no sign of it!! Those poxy trumpeters......I heard the horsemen have jetted off for a caribbean break as well....sheesh...

lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yer too funny. lol

17. earnestshub profile image79

THE END OF THE WORLD  IN here!
    All put up your umbrellas! smile

18. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Is this the scary devil guy you'er talking about??..He told me his name was Fluffy??

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_11422.gif

That sure looks like him! lol lol lol

19. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

On a road through a desert in Arizona, a preacher named Nathaniel Evans walked every day, preaching to the many people who roared past in their cars.
    "Repent, the End of the World is Nigh!" was his constant theme.
    One day, as he was walking, he came to a big lever in the middle of nowhere, just by the side of the road. 'Pull this to end the world' said the sign on it.
    Now Nathaniel saw this as the perfect spot for him to preach, and soon many automobiles were parked nearby, the people all swayed by his powerful elocution.
    All was well, until there were so many people, and so many cars, that the road was nearly blocked. Then a big 18-wheel rig came down the highway, and couldn't stop in time. The driver had a choice: run over Nathaniel, or run over the Lever.
    As the driver explained to the Highway Patrol later, he actually had no choice. Pointing to the red smear on the road that used to be Nathaniel Evans, he said "Better Nate than Lever."

Funny! Clever funny! My favourite type of funny. smile

20. earnestshub profile image79

This was on the other religious thread and needs to be seen if you like clever comedy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVjBBDMOoA

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't find humor in that, but that is just me. sad

that's fine! We seem to have many different tastes when it come to humour.
        Dave Allen was always tough on the churches. I love his work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)