Knowles: Worst Atheist of the First Decade of the Second Millennium

Jump to Last Post 51-76 of 76 discussions (308 posts)
  1. creepy profile image57
    creepyposted 14 years ago

"like the transvestite who tries to disguise as a woman but can’t seem to shake that Y chromosome and the little aussie man who follows him around like a lost puppy."

i wonder who that little aussie man is

2. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Submissive as in ? (Read-it)->(believe-it)-(preach-it) ?
    If failed then it's not submissive and interpretation is flawed ?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

....Submissive as in...it's not just about US.   The Scripture is about God.  It's the story of God and what He wants and what He wants from us.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to your book, he "dislikes" women preachers. LOL

1. profile image0

No.  He (God) dislikes it when women (or anybody) is disruptive with silly questions or outbursts when the Word of God is being preached.   
          By the same token, He expects those (mostly-MEN) preachers to actually preach the Word correctly!

2. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its mans story about "God"

3. skyfire profile image81

Well this is never ending debate from Christians that they think god wants something from humans. If that entity exist and looking at the vastness of universe this must be the first flaw in bible. It's like group of ants writing a story book for huge-human-god with expectation of love and returns.

4. skyfire profile image81

Question, how you know all about god's mood swings ?

1. Lie
    2. Human written book's references
    3. Your own assumption
    4. False claim about god to win argument.

now which one from this ? .. roll

You forgot "self certified Holy Scripture Interpreter."

2. profile image0

His "mood swings"....?

haha

well, I guess it could be called that.

Answer:  the Bible tells about His "moods" (His feelings, His heart, His mind)....

5. skyfire profile image81

One thing i failed to understand that why that entity will ask his own creations to pay attention to him ? is he bored to the core that he needs to waste time on such activities ?

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

And I'm gonna stop bumping this thread.
    Mark might be totally irate to see that it has veered off into a discussion about me...and about....GOD!   LOL.    two "things" he dislikes.....yikes

7. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

GOD'S EMAIL
    One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the evil that was going on. He decided to send an angel down to Earth to check it out. So He called one of His best angels and sent the angel to Earth for a while. When she returned she told God, yes it is bad on Earth, 95% is bad and 5% is good.

Well, He thought for a moment and thought maybe He'd better send down a second angel to get another point of view. So God called another angel and sent him to Earth for a time too. When the angel returned he went to God and told him "Yes, the Earth is in decline. 95% is bad and 5% is good." God said this was not good.

So He decided to send e-mail to the 5% that were good. He wanted to encourage them, give them a little something to help them keep going.

Do you know what that e-mail said?

---

---

---

---

Oh, you didn't get one either, huh? Bummer.

Ask Brenda what it said, I'm sure she got one.

1. Hokey profile image61

That's why I posted it. So she could tell us.

8. profile image0

My anti-SPAM must've caught it! haha

or else....there really was no e-mail!   'Cause that one is unfactual.   There are no "SHE" angels.   Angels are non-gender or else referred to as "he", just as God is.
    Angels aren't sexual creatures.

1. Hokey profile image61

Then if angels and God are non sexual than they should be called it. Have you done it's will today? Hmmmmmmm.......

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
      Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I've never understood the whole 'divine penis' thing, either.

9. profile image0

And STOP it now, you guys!  haha
    I've determined to stop bumping "Knowles's" thread.

Gimme a break, ya hear?  wink

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol !!

10. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

wow, mark is a very popular guy on hubpages.  in a way, it kind of reminds me of michael moore. he's popular even when you like him or hate him, as he manages to get his views across anyway.  not that im comparing mark to michael moore, nor am i suggesting they're anything alike.  I was just saying in that particular aspect of being popular either through people hating on him or liking him, there seems to be a similarity there.  However, I have nothing against the guy personally, as I barely even  know him that well.  i just find it interesting.

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image61

Yeah, if you stir a lot of sh*t forward, a lot of sh*t stirs back.  It is simple 'media magic'...and it works like a charm.  wink

11. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I haven't seen him sice this all started. lol

It's probably Him!  lol  lol

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmmmm!

12. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Mark Knowles doesn't act any differently than a lot of card-carrying, God's-love-their-hearts Christians. He is just their antithesis. He is the counterbalance. That's all.

For those who are middle of the road, and don't like the extremes and find the cook as hot as the spicy food, you do have the choice to leave.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree.  well said.

2. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perfect Daniel.

13. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Sock puppets and trolls...do they appear everywhere?!?  As for Mark, each man and woman is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.  In return, you are allowed your own opinions and beliefs.  However, no one person has the right to critize or judge another based on his/her expression of their beliefs much less open a thread that outwardly speaks against another.  If you don't like him or what he has to say, then stay away and right out of it.

I wonder if sock puppets get paid overtime since it's still the weekend???  lol

Hey Earnest!  smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Beth! smile

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

@ Steven -- Hello!!!

@ Earnest -- How are you?  Seems we're watching another puppet show!  lol  Cheap entertainment, right? lol

1. profile image0

hows it going beth?

2. earnestshub profile image80

Yep! Mark will be amused if he sees it. smile

I wonder if some sensitive individual got him banned for 3 to 30 days or more?  It seems he is on a forum hiatus, by hubtivity stats.

14. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

hi beth! smile

15. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Has anyone thought that if Mark had objected this; thread would not have gotten of the first page.

Why would he possibly care what opinion these types of OP's have?

16. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

It's disgusting how ppl attack others on here especially someone who obviously started a enw account just to attack the person. The OP has no class and definietly won't be getting any respect from me!

1. profile image0

i agree. personally, i think if this person really had a problem with mark, then he/she should just e-mail him directly.  that's what i would do if it were me.  not saying i do have a problem.  just saying what i would do is all.

It was obviously started to cause turmoil, but was funny instead.  It did draw a few approving comments though.  They were even funnier!

17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

This thread simply shows ignorance of some who claim righteousness over civility. It also shows a complete disregard of any form of respect and lacks integrity.

When I first noticed this thread, I reported it as a personal attack against Mark. As did others.

Why it still exists and open for posting is beyond reason. hmm

As for people attacking people, "personal attack" are very subjective. This thread is a blatant attempt by a friend of one hubber who apparently was badly shown up by Mark. Whether or not, Mark actually insulted this so-called "friend", is another story, since the other hubbers Name hasn't been given.

It's obvious from the beginning, that the person who posted the thread, could not possibly know Mark from a whole in the wall, unless he/she/it is either another hubber(sockpuppet) or is actually a friend of a hubber, who had words with Mark, before this newbie signed up for HubPages.

With that said, I still think it should be taken down, however, I don't think Mark cares all that much about something so petty in the overall scheme of things. But, who knows.

Agreed!  That's why many of us has made a big joke of it by talking about random subjects and whatnot!  Hell, there is no need to let a thread go to waste, so why not exploit it?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because, there are plenty of reasons for the negativity to go away, but not one reason to make a positive effect.

Manipulating the thread and keeping it at the TOP of the forum page or active on Hubtivity is foolish and simply gives off more attention to the thread.

Thus, you push a negative, while you claim doing something positive. The truth in the end is that the negative outweighs the positive you think you're creating.

I see no common-sense being used, never mind anything else. But, that's just me. hmm

I'd push my negative any day to raise the positive of this asininity, simply for publicity of this insanity!  But, that's just my opinion...  wink

2. profile image0

Yeah, I agree with you there.  This is why I think Hubpages really needs to reformat their site a bit.  As it stands now, any user here could easily create multiple accounts to one e-mail for various purposes like this for instance.  Personally, if it were up to me, I think it should be limited down to one account per e-mail OR there should a grace period where the hubber that opens up an account needs to wait at least a month before they're even allowed to participate in forums.   This way it'll at least help deter the amount of fake sock puppet accounts used to insult others on here.

3. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. But, since the thread was created by those who lack respect and integrity and who claim righteousness over civility, the thread actually stands as a shining beacon not just for Mark, but for those who stand up against the intolerance of the righteous.

This thread shows great praise for Mark and is a reminder of the intolerance and desperation of the righteous.

I say keep it open and make it a sticky. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I can see how you could want to see it become a sticky, but as I said already- it's not worth it and a waste of energy, when other things could be a valuable use of the energy spent here.

That's my point Q.

You talk about how people can permit themselves to believe in the "GOD" thing, even when they cannot define it.

Yet, you rationalize meaning into this thread, as though it has meaning, when it actually doesn't.

It's not a praise to Mark and to see it as one, is simply a fool's game. Something to occupy the small-mindedness of those who are intolerant of others.

So, in essence, you and many others have showed how limited you are really, by keeping/acknowledging this sad thread.

That's my thoughts and with that, I'm no longer wasting my time here.

I'd have to agree with "Q" on this one.  Some of us don't see it as a sad thread; I find it to be hilarious!  It has nothing to do with open or narrow mindedness...  I bet if Mark was here, he'd be performing some "LOL" action as well...  Ha-ha! LOL!

2. profile image54
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you feel that way. You reported this thread and it is still open so it would appear the admins don't agree with you either.

If I find meaning in a thread and you don't, that might mean I've looked at it from a variety of alternatives, perhaps.

Usually, if believers call me names and tell me I haven't got a clue, I consider that praise, considering the source from which it originates.

Again, sorry you feel that way, but don't take this thread too personally, after all, it's about Mark. smile

18. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Interesting reply. Thank you for stating your opinion. wink

19. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Maybe he is too upset after the OP's post tongue

1. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

MK doesn't strike me as a wilting flower.  tongue

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image61

The "OP" is dead, the rest is a funny thread...  Ha-ha!

20. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hubpages TOS states clearly that one may not use a sock puppet to abuse other hubbers or make personal attacks. I would suggest that not only is the sock puppet gone, but the hubber who made it will have been tossed of hubpages all together if they were here with another ID. smile

Now he has a hole in his sock!

As well as his head. lol

2. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shame a couple of other sock puppets don't get washed out.  Where is Mark anyway?  I miss his slash and burn defence of no faith!

21. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Wouldn't he have to be a certain high percentage of a believer to be the "Worst Atheist.?"

Worst Atheist = 99% believer.
    Best Atheist= 0 % believer.

hmm

Good math there! smile

1. Tom Cornett profile image80
        Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a GED in Quantummy Calculus.  smile

lol lol lol No shortage of humour here! lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if you divide 99% by 0%, you will experience true enlightement.

1. profile image0

You may be joking but actually that is why the catholics (when they were the only christians) fought tooth and nail against the introduction of zero.  They said that it was a gateway to the 'unknown' - they were right of course, look what we have learned since its introduction, all of science for a start.

Yes zero blew it all away.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
            Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sooooooooo, they had the 9+1 commandments? 39ish days in the wilderness?

1. profile image0

Absolutely - having no zero screws the whole calculation thing completely. For a start you cannot admit numbers below zero so your 99%-0% doesn't work - nor does any sum that does not produce a positive number.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

I considered this also!  How about who is the "worst believer?"

That would have to be Mark Knowles.

Worst believer 0 %

22. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

What's the difference in a worst atheist and a best atheist? I'm confused...

1. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know, right?
      If there is a trophy, maybe I would try harder....

2. Tom Cornett profile image80

Oh...oh..oh...I think I've got it...He is the best of the worst atheists!  smile

23. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

OR, Tom, is he the worst of the best??

Crap...back to the drawing board.  sad

24. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Oscar night is over.
    Maybe the grandstanding and drama should be saved until next March....

25. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 14 years ago

What I think is disgusting and cowardly is that the originator of the thread created a new user account, for only the purpose of a personal attack.

Yes, I've said some "not nice" stuff about Mark and to him, both in private messages and in public forums, but he knows my real name and my primary email address.  I am accountable to him for my words about him and to him.

To create an attack thread under a new user account on anybody, no matter how much you dislike them or disagree with them is very low thing to do.

26. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

And yet the OP managed to get 307 responses to his thread! Stop feeding the sock puppets please........

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)