Faith should be with reason; not a blind faith

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (89 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

What is wrong with believing something by Faith?

The wrong is that it is blind; while faith should be based on reason and wisdom; not a blind faith.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes......and tell us your reasoning for having faith to be a Muslim?

Does it have anything to do with a unreasonable afterlife with multiple virgins as reward for believing?

"Jeopardy theme music plays"

2. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I want to know paarsurrey's answer to this too.

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Brenda Durham

Islam is a very naturally evolved religion; and Quran is the revealed Word of the Creator- God Allah YHWH. Quran is the only existing Word in the original text and in the original language it was revealed on the heart of Muhammad. It is for this reason that I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim. 

Thanks

3. profile image51

Hi friend marinealways24

Islam is a very naturally evolved religion; and Quran is the revealed Word of the Creator- God Allah YHWH. Quran is the only existing Word in the original text and in the original language it was revealed on the heart of Muhammad. It is for this reason that I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim.

Thanks for asking this good question.

2. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are absolutely right my friend...reason should be above everything..test everything before accepting it ,,,

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

spot on!
        hello philo, good bye Ism.

"get some grace before you say grace"

2. profile image51

Hi friend pisean282311

Thanks for appreciating.

Regards

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means you might just be wrong, especially if it is faith without evidence.

Reason and wisdom are not affiliated with faith, they are not related.

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell Jobe about blind faith.

1. profile image51

Hi friends

Who is this Jobe? English is not my mother tongue; please tell me frankly.

Thanks

2. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you have a reason, then there's no Faith.

3. profile image0
        SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Faith is only blind to those who do not have it.

4. goldenpath profile image67
        goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Faith is the principle of power and action.  It governs all that we do.  We exercise faith, that hope of the unseen, when we shower, shop, care for a child, go to work, visit the sick and even learn in the schools.  As pertaining to God, faith is obtained and strengthened through applying the gospel standard into one's life.  Witnessing the fruits of those actions builds faith even beyond "reasoning." 

I agree, faith should never be blind.  Faith, however, is never at a plateau.  It is in a constant state of increase or decrease depending on our actions and thoughts.  All religious doctrine and counsel received should be questioned with boldness.  In other words, put to the test through application and prayer.  That is where testimony is built.  That is where faith is fostered.

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend goldenpath

What do you mean by the gospel standard?

Even the Atheists do activities; what is their princple of power and action; if we take your words? Please

Thanks

4. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

I'm telling ya, Neil Armstrong heard azaan on moon and many things mentioned in quran are now discovered by scientists and hence it is not blind faith. Am33n.

1. profile image51

Hi friend skyfire

That is just a hearsay; it is not mentioned in Quran, the first and foremost source of guidance of Muslims whatever the faith.

Thanks

5. kess profile image60
      kessposted 14 years ago

One's Faith should indeed be based on reason.

Now what is the judge of what is reasonable?

Truth of course.

And what then is Truth?

Ah... then it is only you the individual should know truth when it appears.

What if our truth differs?

Then one is not net seeing clearly and should not feel obligated to conform to the other "truth", until He too sees it.

Well how can they then agree?

Desire to know  truth is key.

If their desire is truly to know the Truth, then they will come to a compromise and can abide until the truth is seen clearly by both.

Otherwise they will never ever agree for they will live by their measure of faith.

Do you think it is truthful to assume you go to a religious heaven?

1. pisean282311 profile image61
          pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

no its not..but at same time rejecting everything which comes from religion is other form of blind faith....there are many things stated in religion bcoz of reason at same time many which are pure out of blind faith...one may differentiate and take right things...

I agree, there is a lot of history and learning that can be done from religion, just from an outside unbiased perspective.

2. kess profile image60
          kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where there is Truth there is Life and that is heaven and the only religion.

6. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Reason and wisdom are not affiliated with faith, they are not related

=========================================
        My car has started every morning for the past three years and gotten me to where I was going. 
        Reason and Faith tells me that it is going to do it again tomorrow morning and many days to come.
        Faith and reason are sitting in the same chair.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

blind faith, have you felt love before, you cant see it but you can feel it, is that blind faith!

The most important things in life are those that felt not seen!

Yes, but you can usually see who are what it is that you love. A lot of people do not put love in things they don't have an image of.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a lot but most love to love isnt it and it is felt, hi marine good morning, ya know I love always to see and read your comments even though I cant see ya, I believe in you!

Good Morning to you. Ah, thanks, I believe in you too, your comments are an extension of your consciousness. I have faith that you and everyone here typing is conscious. big_smile

Nah, it is my alter ego!

Let me tell you that whatever happens I still have faith first in anything before I believe in it!

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Just an observation, that would be putting the cart before the horse. smile

No, do you always based your life, your belief system in scientific ways, I bet you have faith first before you can even believe "scientific" phenomenon

That's not really the point I was making. If I showed you something you never saw before, you wouldn't believe it existed until you had faith in it, first. smile

1. luvpassion profile image62
                      luvpassionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never seen the wind, yet I feel it...I see its affects.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63

oh am talking of the things you havent seen yet, but if you show me that thing of course I believe in it,

2. profile image51

Hi friends

Yours is a positive thinking; it does not hinder scientific thought. One does not need to have a negative thinking or to be skeptic "in the name of science";it is a blind faith.

Thanks

8. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

John 4:24, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

It is most important to find truth before you can find faith. Somewhere in the book of Ephesians it explains that faith is a gift from God that we might understand Him. But if we cannot find truth- we could never have faith.
      When I finally found truth and pure teachings my faith was no longer "I have faith that God exists" but it transferred to "I have faith in Gods promise" because i now know that He exists and to think otherwise is impossible

1. profile image51

Hi friend sooner than later

God Allah YHWH is not a spirit; because God is the Creator of Spirits also. God exists but has no body or spirit; all bodies and spirits are His creation. He is known by His attributs.

Thanks

1. sooner than later profile image60
          sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ahmadi,

I cannot say that I know what the physical nature of God/Yahweh must be. I do know that Jesus's teachings are true and I can't wait to understand more.

I am Sooner the peaceful Christian. smile

1. profile image51

Hi friend sooner than later

There is no physical nature of the Creator- God Allah YHWH; nature and its physical forms have been created by Him.

Thanks

9. profile image51

prettydarkhorse wrote:

the thing is there are just some things which you cant see but they are there

Paarsurreye says:

Physical things could be seen and observed with physical senses. For eithical, moral and spiritual things the tools are different.

We never calim that the Creator- God Allah YHWH has a body or a spirit; this is what we human beings have. The Creator- God Allah YHWH has only attributes, so he could only be recognized from his attributes. Our eyes cannot see God; he himelf says; but he himself reveals his person to the truthful persons called Messengers Prophets by having a conversation with them, by accepting their prayers, by helping them against all odds.

So many ways of his manifestation.

All these experiences were observed by Muhammad; of the previous Messengers are mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

10. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Faith is the evidence of things not seen.

Salaam...

1. profile image51

Hi friend Lady_E

I agree with you.

The Creator- God Allah YHWH has endowed us with reason; why should we not use it in His service?

Thanks and wa-ulaikum-us-salam

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. wink

1. profile image51

Hi friend

That might be your belief; not mine .Blind faith is a shallow faith; faith with reason and wisdom is the real faith.

Thanks

3. profile image51

Hi friend

And it starts with reason; Word of revelation increases the power of reason manifolds to reach certainty.

Thanks

11. Inspiration101 profile image60
      Inspiration101posted 14 years ago

I think I know where you're coming from. Although in the end... faith IS blind, people should be responsible for their thoughts and beliefs, and not just follow like sheep.

For example, after asking someone I know a few questions regarding the Bible... instead of say, "Hey, I don't know about that, I'll look into it," I got "Listen, I don't question the Bible anymore, I just believe!" yikes

12. profile image51

Beelzedad wrote:

Reason and wisdom are not affiliated with faith, they are not related.

Paarsurrey says:

In Islam, these are interconnected.

"A Revealed Book must have the essential feature of illustrating of its own the truth of its principles very clearly. It is not a proper characteristic of a Divine Book that one learns a few things from it vaguely or unreasonably just like the cramming of a parrot; and then one thinks that one has attained the salvation and that is the end of it.

It is indeed a commendable merit for a Revealed Book to show reasonable arguments and elaborate them to a level that one secures profound level of absolute certainty because of its rich arguments; so that no-one could disrupt such a person with any distorted evil suggestion. The believer benefitted from this certainty; all of his conduct, communications and his beliefs get improved under its influence. He pursues Truth consciously realizing the truth face to face and leaves wrong after realizing the wrong with certainty of conviction to the affect that he attains real purity and its characteristics are reflected in him visibly.

As long as one dwells in the hell of ignorance one cannot come out of the blind faith due to lack of knowledge, sluggish attitude or due to the pull of the material world; and hence one cannot attain full certainty. Having no insight in reason he is in unsteady condition and as such in fact in a dangerous state."

Braheen-e Ahmadiyya Foot-Note # 5.

Paarsurrey had translated it for our friends here; in case of any ambiguity original in Urdu should be referred.

Thanks

They are not interconnected, you have rejected the truth and are too skeptical. Why don't you believe the truth?

13. profile image51

Inspiration101 wrote:

people should be responsible for their thoughts and beliefs, and not just follow like sheep.

Paarsurrey says:

I agree with you that people should not follow like sheep.

Thanks

14. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Question : What is wrong with believing something by Faith?

Answer : The wrong is that it is blind; while faith should be based on reason and wisdom; not a blind faith.

Thanks

1. tantrum profile image61

lol lol lol
        Thanks !Very 'enlightening ' !

1. Obscure Divine profile image60
          Obscure Divineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You did seemed to be enlightened, with all the smileys, in some sorts, so maybe he brought the light upon thee - in one way or another.  Ha-ha!

lol lol lol
            Passing the light to you. You seem pretty obscure ! lol

Obviously, I am, very much so.  Remember?  big_smile

Do I have to remember something ? yikes

I don't even know you ! roll

Here I was, thinking otherwise?  Geez, how obscure can I get?
                  You are such a tantrum in your own persona of the so-called field of psychiatric studies...

15. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The religion forums seem to have become a competition to see who can post the most ignorant stupid misspelled grammatically wrong poorly constructed thread!
      Time to pick a winner! Any nominations? lol

1. profile image0
        crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mjane... paarsurrey at least usually doesn't yell at us in ALL CAPS tongue

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile Small mercy! lol You should have been around to see his original sock-puppet!

1. profile image0

lol I can only imagine

If we are going for least grammatically correct there's that girl e something f something... I don't actually remember the name tongue

Yep! Maybe not the outright winner though! smile

1. profile image0

I haven't been around long enough to have a plethora of people to choose from tongue

2. Obscure Divine profile image60

Earnest:  You used to be the number one poster in the religious forums before parlay paarsurrey came about.  Ya?  hmm

Many others have shared the number one position as posters.
          I don't recall making a pile of nonsense threads though! lol
          usmanali or parra posted dozens of paranoid threads displaying hate loathing and fear of almost every belief known to man.
          I think those terrifying free masons who were always chasing him must have caught up with him and and washed his mouth out with Lisol! lol

He was hilarious then as he is now! lol

I agree, the he/she Muslim has us all beat in the "poppycock" category...  big_smile

Obscure, I will try to locate some of his old usmanali threads and posts. Very entertaining! smile

Please do, as I now recall the name "usmanali" via Mark K.'s prior posts, but I've never read any of them.  Yeah, feel free to exploit the territory amid HubPages - hell, it probably does make for some excellent entertainment.  big_smile

16. earnestshub profile image80

Does anyone know how to find old posts from Paara/usmanali/.... I can't remember his other sock puppets name, but it will come to me. smile
      His empty profile is still here somewhere! smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18224 is one forum topic with some of his posts, if it is the same one. There are at least 4 Usmanalis on HubPages at the moment.

Thank you SirDent! I will fertilise your farm again for that! smile

17. earnestshub profile image80

I found this list of all the people paara (as usmanali hates, fears and railed against.

Rubbishists, evolutionists, atheists, capitalists, materialists, socialists, humanists, zionists, freemasons, nudists, bikini clad people, homosexuals, transsexuals, bisexuals, Australians, Americans, and Europeans, Albert Einstein, Oscar Wild, Charles Darwin, Mark Twain, Madonna (female freemason} All music stars, film stars, and I feel sure I have missed many. That is all I can remember from the last month or so.

How about that list parra? lol lol lol

Sort of blows you away as peaceful and tolerant eh?

Anything to say Parra? lol

Do you think that if you just ignore what your previous sock puppet said it will go away Parra?

18. dfager profile image59
      dfagerposted 13 years ago

We can put human knowledge and human truth in a box and it would be very small in comparison to what we don't know about the universe.  Therefore, I don't think it nothing to reach beyond what I know in faith and hope.

When we talk about ideas and concepts, they have no form and cannot be seen, heard, tasted, felt or smelled.  We have no basis to believe that reality conforms to our reasoning and reveals all it's mysteries to our minds.

Belief is not reason.  Even C.S. Lewis said that "seeing is not believing".  I am willing to believe in God because I recognize how small and insignificant my truth is.  Once I made this small leap of thinking, I discovered a whole new reality!  I became a child of an infinite God.

19. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

you are a funny person. Have a little widom; no harm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)