What is YOUR Funniest MOVIE ? (Or List 'em)

Jump to Last Post 51-89 of 89 discussions (155 posts)
  1. Tater2tot profile image58
    Tater2totposted 15 years ago

sweet.

2. gjcody profile image65
    gjcodyposted 15 years ago

My favorite is "Night Shift"  ...Michael Keaton  ..but this is an old one.  But worth the look.

Tater2totposted 15 years agoin reply to this

aww never heard of that. What is it about?

1. gjcody profile image65
        gjcodyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Directed by Ron Howard. With Henry Winkler, Michael Keaton, Shelley Long ...Henry Winkler plays the part of a guy that gets a job in a morgue during the night hours ...with Michael Keaton coming on to work with him.  Micheal Keaton is an idea man who is always thinking of ways to make money and he has too much time on his hands and a limo at his disposal.  So it is a cute twist of personalities and the secondary job Micheal Keaton creates during his boring hours in the morgue.  He calls him self "The love broker"  ....Just really too funny.  Winkler is a conservative person and Keaton is as usual Keaton's personality ...as only he can be...funny!!

Worth the time!

Oh right on. I will definitely look for that movie in Blockbuster. I liked Michael Keaton in Cars and Jack Frost and White Noise. He is very funny.

3. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Night Shift almost made my list.   It's a Michael Keaton / Fonzie movie about hookers that is definitely up there as a classic.

Yeah.. sounds delightful. I mean if it is about hookers! JP.

4. profile image51
    mitch2052posted 15 years ago

Some cool movies on the prior lists (gotta rent "Ghostbuster", haven't seen that one in ages!).

My personal favorites:
    - Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    - Groundhog Day
    - Borat

Some great stuff in those movies!

Groundhog Day, I admit, was a good movie. But it wasn't so great that it deserves to be a favorite. (In my book) I mean it made me laugh, made me think, but it wasn't like "That is the best movie I have ever seen!" But still good movie!

2. Lady Luthi profile image59
      Lady Luthiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I moderately liked Groundhog Day and Ace Ventura but Borat for me wasn't funny. It was more of an unveiling of how naive and narrow minded Americans can be. I like Sacha Cohen better as Ali G.

5. DJ Funktual profile image76

Best Michael Keaton though is Mr. Mom and Beetlejuice.  New one is out tomorrow tater.

oh yes I remember Beetlejuice. Wierd movie. Never heard of Mr. Mom. What is it about?

New one of what?

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
        DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

IT'S ON THE LIST!    YOU SHOULD HAVE READ ABOUT IT!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

*calms down*

Tomorrow edition will feature #s 15-11 on the 100 Funniest countdown.
        Stay Tuned.

Tater, do you actually read the hubs at all?

YES I ACTUALLY READ THE HUBS. I don't look at the list of movies that you already have every freakin time, so I forgot SORRY! GGGGOOOOSSSSHHHH! JK!

*calms down*
          I will go back and read Mr. Mom again. Don't get so angry homes.

And what do you mean tomorrow's edition? You said one will come out tomorrow, yesterday. You are going back on your word DJ. Nah... JP. You know I will stay tuned.

6. DJ Funktual profile image76

New One Is Finished! 

I'm sorry for freaking out.   It's just that you are the one person who I figure already knows the movies I covered since you are the only one who cares.   I assume that once I tell you about a movie, that it stays in your brain forever. 

How do I know you read them?

For all I know, you just scroll down and get the 5 titles and move on.

Were you actually freaking out, or were you just kidding?

I read so much in a day that I forget half the stuff I read. I only remember when I go back to it. So I went back to Mr. Mom and I remembed reading it about a man betting with his unemployed wife and then he has to take care of the house and the kids!

How do you know? You know because I just told you! I can see that you put a lot of effort into your posts so I would be a dummy not to actually read them. Scroll through and move on? Do I not leave a comment on every hub of yours?

Why do you keep saying I am the only one that cares about your lists. You know that is not true. And I know it is not true. You will get your visitors. big_smile

7. DJ Funktual profile image76

That's true Lady but I offer you this.  Not all Americans are in that movie.  Only the morons.

8. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 15 years ago

Lady Luthi, I'm with you on Borat.  I was so insulted I couldn't squeeze out a giggle.  In parts, taken out of the whole message of the gross parts, it might have gotten a small chuckle...but I couldnt "step" out of the whole entire mess.  eeek.   sorry, I know I'm probably in the minority on that one.  People all over the theatre were cracking up and I was squirming.  Me and another old lady and no we didn't look a thing alike, she was years and years older than me....made me feel realllly old too.

9. DJ Funktual profile image76

All he did was let ignorant people be ignorant.    If you were squirming then it implies that you either agreed with what they were saying OR were embarassed that they were being chosen to represent us.   

Either way, I'm glad all those racist people were exposed!  They deserve it.  They signed a release, didn't they?

10. DJ Funktual profile image76

LOL!  I was totally kidding.   In the freakout and in the apology.  I keep forgetting that people can't read or see my New York accent.   I'm smiling with every word.

Haha. Okay I thought you were kidding until you apologized for freaking out then I got all confused. Lol.

big_smile Good. Me too.

11. DJ Funktual profile image76

With the stuff I type up sometimes, it's a miracle people aren't afraid of me.   Some are I'm sure.   Ha!   The peace-lovin funk junkie.

Why would ppl be afraid of you? Because You have freak outs? Yeah.. that is a little weird/ bipolar. jp. Sweetie Pie might be scared of you? lol. jp.

1. SweetiePie profile image81
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No I am not scared of him LOL.  Why would you think that?

Sorry. I didn't mean be scared of him. More in conflict. Because although I quit commenting on Funnebone's hub, I have been reading it and y'all got in quite an argument.

I apologize. I shouldn't have said anything. I hope your not upset with me.

12. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 15 years ago

I've always been as Spaceballs fan.

13. angelamp profile image60
    angelampposted 15 years ago

Anything MONTY PYTHON!!!

14. DJ Funktual profile image76

Sorry if I went too far.  I thought I was just being honest.

Now I really don't know what you're talking about. Were you talking to SweetiePie or me being confused? LOL. I thought I was confused before but now I am super confused. big_smile

No I am not blonde if that is what you are thinking. big_smile

15. DJ Funktual profile image76

It doesn't matter and it never did.  don't be confused, be relieved.

Okay-do-key! Whatever you say.

16. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

My Cousin Vinny is my family's favorite comedy. We could probably recite it backwards and forwards. smile

I'm not usually a particular fan of oldies, but three funny ones I really enjoyed were: Arsenic and Old Lace, Some Like It Hot, and Singing in the Rain. I was amazed by how funny the latter was. I think I expected it to be a romance, with singing, but the stuff about switching over from silent to sound in the early days of Hollywood had me on the floor at several points.

I like a lot of the ones on your list, too, especially Much Ado, Harold and Maude, and the Princess Bride.

I <3 My Cousin Vinny! I can recite it forwards and backwards too. "My biological clock is ticking!" I love that part. And the part about him wanting to go hunting and what pants he should wear. hilarious!

17. DJ Funktual profile image76

The new will be out as soon as I wake up. 

#s 10 thru 6!

Yay! You can't see me but I am bouncing up and down with excitement! I'm EXCITED! I'm EXCITED!

18. DJ Funktual profile image76

Okay, tater, it's up!

In fact, I put out Part 19 and Part 20 2day.  Enjoy hubbers.

19. DJ Funktual profile image76

Part 21 is now available at a hub near you.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I love the list, so far. But I don't see Spielberg's 1941 on there. Must be in the top 3, I guess.

You know I've never seen that!

*Heads to netflix before it's too late!*

1. rmr profile image69
          rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's a little hokey, but it's a cult classic.

2. Tater2tot profile image58

Haha. "In a store near you"

20. DJ Funktual profile image76

I got it.   I also added Charlie Bartlett cause I love that kid Anton Yelchin. 

He was in House of D with Robin Williams and David Duchovny.  He was in Alpha dog too.

I also got a tip that the movie we all should have already seen by now is...

BEER LEAGUE. 

Not to be confused with Beerfest.

DUDE, I want to see Charlie Barlett so bad. It looks hilarious. I like that guy too. I hated that he died in Alpha Dog because he was such a cute kid.

21. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Did anyone say Porky's yet? Lol.

Did you check out the list yet?   97 movies are published so far.

1. thranax profile image73
        thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LMAO sorry Funk, I didn't know you posted it yet (distracted) =o

22. Catlyn profile image69
    Catlynposted 15 years ago

I still laugh every time I watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

Yeah me too. I like when she is describing her family saying "We are big and loud feeding, breeding, baby eaters" and she says it soo fast.I love that movie.

23. DJ Funktual profile image76

Only 3 films remain?

Wow.  What could they be?

American Pie?  My Cousin Vinny?   Old School?
    Anchorman?   Zoolander?     Juno?    Shallow hal?

Well they aren't Zoolander? because you said it didn't make the list. Shallow Hal, Juno, and MY Cousin Vinny are hilarious.. Anchorman deserves to be on the list! I L-O-V-E that movie and Talledga Nights. But didn't you say that these movies almost made it but not quite?

24. kpfingaz profile image66
    kpfingazposted 15 years ago

Anchorman should have definitely been on the list. That is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Me too. I love Jack Black in it. When he kicks that dog over the bridge! It was hilarious!

25. kpfingaz profile image66
    kpfingazposted 15 years ago

I like Brick played by Steve Carrell from The Office.

1. rmr profile image69
      rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I hope at least one of the Pink Panther movies is in there!

2. Tater2tot profile image58

I like Steve Carrell, he is funny. But I have never heard of Brick.

from Anchorman.  he killed a guy during the rumble remember?  it was the best part.

26. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 15 years ago

how about the big lebowski? hot fuzz , animal house ,caddyshack ?

27. DJ Funktual profile image76

The Big Lebowski?  You obviously did not get to see the list yet.

BTW, Movie #3 is now on display!

28. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

My favorite is Evan Almighty. That was funny, I don't care who you are!

Bonnie

29. DJ Funktual profile image76

Movie # 2 is up and awaiting your disapproval!

30. DJ Funktual profile image76

"

31. jdeschene profile image59
    jdescheneposted 15 years ago

Personally, the film version of The Pirates of Penzance never fails to make me chuckle, no matter how many times I see it.

32. DJ Funktual profile image76

I just saw BEER LEAGUE and it was fuggin hilarious!   Cameos left and right. 
    Comedian Artie Lange, Ralph Macchio and a band of misfits turn a softball movie into pure genius!   Don't miss it unless your a crybaby who gets offended.

33. balisunset profile image61
    balisunsetposted 15 years ago

When I was a kid......I laugh so hard when watching Mr. Bean, I almost choked

I never laugh so hard again.......so perhaps the funniest TV series ever, in my life

34. patnamohan profile image57
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Do you know one thing!!! you can earn lot of moeny listening music!!

What are trying to say?

35. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

Among the funniest movies I have seen, are Sam Raimi's Evil Dead Series. The third in the series, Army of Darkness, nearly caused me to wet myself.

36. DJ Funktual profile image76
  37. denisewrtr37 profile image60
    denisewrtr37posted 15 years ago

I like The Money Pit.  I roared when I went to see Rat Race at the movies!

Denise

38. DJ Funktual profile image76

At the behest of my fellow hubbers I rented GRANDMA'S BOY. 

I will no longer be accepting suggestions from hubbers!

39. DJ Funktual profile image76

http://hubpages.com/hub/100-Incredible- … 9--s-20-11

The next vol of 100 incredeible films.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)