I'm already reaping the effects of Obamacare!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (134 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I just received a call from one of my health care providers. I've been on oxygen at night for four years now after sleep studies showed that my 02 level dropped to dangerous levels while I slept. Guess what? Medicare no longer wants to pay for it because they're "cutting back." My doctors are going to bat for me and hopefully will resolve the issue.

I thought Palin was nuts when she talked about "death panels," but now I wonder...

1. Springboard profile image83
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's going to be a lot more "stuff" we'll learn about this bill as things get underway. It's why I give such a strange glance to those who shout, "why not just give it a chance....why not just wait and see?"

By that time we could all be broke or dead.

Sounds like a brilliant idea. {evil grin}

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was going to laugh at the humour! LOL
        But better not !

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, there will be a lot more "STUFF." Most of it good.

2. FatMan911 profile image59
      FatMan911posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would you blame Obama for something a greedy health care provider did, it's time we have a single payer system and not the "for profit" corporations which only care about the bottom line

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Medicare is a greedy insurance company?? Gee, I thought it was a government entity! They're having to cut costs since their budget is being slashed by Obamacare - $500 billion.

1. FatMan911 profile image59
          FatMan911posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you didn't identify that it was medicare I had the some thing happen to me by the insurance companies 5 years ago because they just didn't want to pay for anything obesity related

3. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Are you sure this is the result of Obamacare? I know much of it has yet to be implemented and I'm not sure when the medicare cuts will go into effect. My guess is Obama would want these cuts to take effect AFTER the 2010 elections since he has a history of timing his agenda to help keep himself and the democrats in power.

I think the worst is yet to come with this bill. If it stands we will see a serious erosion of care particularly in medicare and a rise in premiums as well as cost increases in just about everything as corporations try to pass along the costs of this legislation to consumers.

4. politicsdaylee profile image61
      politicsdayleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that Habee
      We love ya
      Peace!

5. profile image0
      woolman60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I copied this for you to take a look at, maybe it can help you. This was a new rule started on January 1, 2009, Good luck, the web site is:
      http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/pubs/pdf/11405.pdf

CENTERS FOR MEDICARE&MEDICAID SERVICES
      New Rules for How Medicare Pays Suppliers for Oxygen Equipment
      Changes in law require Medicare to change the way it pays suppliers for oxygen equipment and supplies. You will still be able to get your oxygen equipment. However, you should know about the new rules that start January 1, 2009.
      How does the recent law change the way Medicare pays for oxygen equipment and related supplies?
      Previously, the law stated that you would own the oxygen equipment after you rented it for 36 months. Under the new law, the rental payments will end after 36 months, but the supplier continues to own the equipment. The new law then requires your supplier to provide the oxygen equipment and related supplies for 2 additional years (5 years total), as long as oxygen is still medically necessary.
      How does Medicare pay for oxygen equipment and related supplies and what do I pay?
      The monthly rental payments to the supplier cover not only your oxygen equipment, but also any supplies and accessories such as tubing or a mouthpiece, oxygen contents, maintenance, servicing and repairs. Medicare pays 80% of the rental amount, and the person with Medicare is responsible for any unpaid Part Deductible, and the remaining 20% of the rental amount. By the end of 36 months, total payments from Medicare and you to your supplier would be more than $7,000(based on rental payments of about $200 per month).
      What happens with my oxygen equipment and related services after the 36 months of rental payments?
      Your supplier has been paid over 36 months for furnishing your oxygen and oxygen equipment for up to 5 years, and your supplier is required to continue to maintain the oxygen equipment (in good working order) and furnish the equipment and any necessary supplies and accessories, as long as you need it until the 5 year period ends. If you use oxygen tanks or cylinders that need delivery of gaseous or liquid oxygen contents, Medicare will continue to pay each month for the delivery of contents after the 36-month rental period. The supplier that delivers this equipment to you in the last month of the 36-month rental period must provide these items, as long as you medically need it, up to 5 years. ★

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dammit!  I was so ready to convert to the TeaBaggers! 

Sigh...

2. LiamBean profile image80
        LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So this ISN'T about "Obamacare", but rather some changes to Medicare/Oxygen rules that took effect before congress even voted on the bill.

I thought there was something fishy about this; Medicare is not slated for any changes under the reform bill until January 1, 2014.

1. profile image0

I was just trying to help, I thought the same thing LimaBean

6. profile image58
      here-i-amposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hang on to your shorts because every day they unravel more and more wierd things in this.

1. LiamBean profile image80

I think the "death panel" provision was yanked. It's a bit hard to go through the bill, it's huge. But I can't find anything in it about paying doctors to advise patients on end of life matters.

Of course, I'm no lawyer and it could be reworded some. The public option is there, but only under certain special circumstances. Such as "Employed individuals who pay more than 9.5% of their income on health insurance premiums will be permitted to purchase insurance policies from a state-controlled health insurance option." State means what it sounds like; not the federal government. This takes effect on January 1, 2014.

This is also the date the IRS can start fining people who have not purchased insurance...not before.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

I haven't read the bill, but my understanding is that there never was a "death panel" provision.

Ralph, it was discussed more in terms of end of life counciling than "death panel." The idea was to reimburse doctors the time they would spend with a patient discussing options when all lifesaving attempts had failed. e.g. A doctor being able to bill for his/her time to conduct counciling for the terminally ill.

The later was coined, I'm relative certain, to put a negative spin on what the original intent was.

All the negative press, based on the manufactured term, made it a virtual certainty that it would never make into either the house or senate version of the bill.

7. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my health care provider has notified me that i will have to pay co-pays now. also that the list of covered medications was cut almost in half. i know what you're talking about. i just hope things don't get worse or i'll be choosing between food and medications.

8. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is ridiculous  - I have a hub on this oboma care crap - It is just that - crap.... I'm sorry to hear this has happened but I hope your docs kick their ass ! smile Keep smiling smile

2. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

sad sad sad

I'm sorry!
    I hope you solve your problem soon!

3. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I have been wondering how it will affect my grandmothers.  They are both in nursing homes.

I know that they both carried their own insurance at one time, but I don't know how that all changed when they needed more care.

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Habee do you have sleep apnea?

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yes, Ohma! I'm overweirht and have a huge "chest." I also have a deviated septum, chronic sinusitis with scarring, and ginormous tonsils and adenoids. Most people in my family have sleep apnea - even the ones who aren't overweight.

The 02 at night has been a real life saver - literally! I don't know what I'll do without it.

1. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Has anyone (medical) suggested a c-pap treatment.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee please do whatever you have to do to keep your 02.

My mom passed away in her sleep due to sleep apnea at 60 years old.

I wish she was on oxygen.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I use a cpap, with oxygen.

1. Ohma profile image60

As it applies to this situation I have written a Hub on my experience with Apnea. You may find it useful. http://hubpages.com/hub/Coping-with-Sleep-Apnea

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I wrote one, too, Ohma!

8. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

I found out it's cheaper for me to buy a cpap machine outright than it would be to pay for the sleep studies and then the monthly bill for the machine - which I wouldn't OWN, just "rent".

I'll save up my money to buy one outright, kthx.  Sheesh.

Glad to hear your doctors are going to bat for you.

I bought my own machine a few years ago.  The sleep study was still necessary to set the machine at the right pressure level.

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I said it was Medicare in the initial post, Fatman.

10. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

My heart goes out to you, habee, but since almost nothing has been enacted from the recently signed bill, much less anything to do with Medicare, this would have happened under the old system as well (unfortunately).

Is there any way to appeal?

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

My doctors are working on it, Livelonger. The day after the bill passed, Medicare also stopped paying for several drugs. My sister-in-law is an administrator at our hospital, and she confirmed this. Perhaps they would have done it anyway, but it's certainly a strange coincidence. Thanks for your kind words!

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I hope you raise a big stink about it, since at least with Medicare, those that control it are at the behest of voters. Private insurers are not, and routinely do s*** like this without a second thought. (I have a long health-care saga that I'll eventually share here, one in which a private insurer didn't want to pay but a state agency forced them to.)

12. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago
  13. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I've been told that MEdicare is already trying to make cuts in anticipation of their huge budget reduction. I have no way of knowing if this is true or not, but it certainly makes sense.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Medicare needs to make cuts (not on your treatment) because it has been paying for a lot of unnecessary tests and procedures and there has been a lot of fraud. I've been eligible for Medicare for several years and never had a problem. They are paying for more and more stuff for me every year, some of it unnecessary and some possibly harmful (CT Scans).

14. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

all of this is really scary for me My husbands Medicare is the only thing that has kept us out of the poor house this year. If they cut even one of his medications we will be in deep dodo.

15. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

stop scaring me habee. You know I am on Medicare. Already I can't afford my meds.

16. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

habee - I recently read several studies that claimed that sleep apnea is on the rise in children. The best solution? Remove the tonsils and adenoids! Sleep apnea in kids resulted in ADD, and behavior problems. Dramatic improvements with the removal of the tonsils and adenoids!

17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Habee, sorry to hear you are a victim of the new healthcare bill and it's effects.

18. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

If any doctor or hospital tried to pull something like that in the UK it would be national news. And the right wing press would lead the way in condemning a government policy that left people without the care that they needed.

19. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I appreciate all the good wishes. I'm not "freaking out" yet - I think my doctors will settle the issue on my behalf. Also, I haven't checked yet to see how much the O2 would cost me a month, out of pocket, if Medicare still refuses to pay. It's not bottled oxygen - it's a concentrator that feeds through my C-pap.

I asked the docs about removing my tonsils and adenoids, but they don't want to.

1. Ohma profile image60

And they wont as long as c-pap or bi-pap is working but if they remove th o2 will it continue to be as effective?
      I had no trouble with the medical proffession in terms of wanting to do my surgery but I did have a 3 month roundabout with the insurance first to prove that I could not tolerate the C-Pap

20. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Oh habee that is horrible! I'm sorry chica! *HUGS*

21. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

The solution is simple.  Just buy a private policy at several hundred dollars additional cost that includes coverage for Oxygen.

Isn't everybody rich?  I mean Congress things everyone is rich right?

There will be many more hurt by this bill than helped.

That's the sad reality.

Obama is demonizing the wrong industry.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.  Lets say that this Bill was a good bill... and that it really only will cost $940 Billion over 10 years.

In that same 10 years period the United States will spend nearly $8 Trillion on the Military!!!

Now I am not suggesting that we abolish the military... but do we really need to be spending $4 billion a month in Afghanistan?

The United States creates it's own enemies so it can continue to Justify feeding the Military Industry Complex it's money.  More profit to the Wealthy Elite.

Maybe we could scrape by on $6 Trillion in Military Spending over the next Decade and fund real health care?  Maybe.

22. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Mike, I have a private policy, but since Medicare is considered primary, I have to go through Medicare.

23. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

UPDATE!!

I just got off the phone with the Medicare worker at the local health complex. For medicare to continue paying for my O2, I have to sleep a night with NO C-pap and NO oxygen!! My doc told me 4 years ago to NEVER sleep without my C-pap and oxygen - not even for a short nap! Medicare considers the danger level of O2 to be anything under 88. When I was tested, mine was 74. So now they want me to chance death just to continue the O2 that I need.

I point blank asked the girl if this is becasue of the new health care law, and she said YES!! She said they are inundated with all kinds of new rules to save money because of the law. If any of you doubt the veracity of this, I will give you her name and phone number!

I am TOTALLY against this new law now! I NEVER had this problem with my private insurance. I guess I have to wait and see if the "death panel" thinks I'm worth the cost.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds terrible !! sad

2. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

88????!!! I'm a first responder. If you go below 92 we crank it. I don't understand.

Is this supposed to be done in a hospital with oxygen and an AED? Holy crap

1. habee profile image92

No, Jean. I have to do it at home! And my bedmate is a Great Dane who can't do CPR!

1. profile image0
          JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow sounds like the old witch hunts. If she doesn't die she didn't need oxygen, if she does, she must have needed oxygen. WTF??

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

I thought they required instruction in CPR in all high schools in Denmark??

1. habee profile image92

Ralph, my Danes are drop-outs! lol

24. nadp profile image76
    nadpposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem with your insurance, habee.  As everyone else is saying, I think this is only the beginning.  It truly is scary to think about what the future holds for us.  I am so frustrated and angry at how our legislators are flagrantly doing whatever they please, when their job is to represent our interests!  This is happening in education also - especially here in Florida.

25. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

That is total BS! Habee there has to be something you can do..report them maybe...have you doctor report them something! I can't believe that they would want you to put your life at risk. That is HORRIBLE!!!

1. wyanjen profile image71
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate to be the bad guy, but let's not jump to conclusions.

My coverage has also been cut - about a year ago, way before this whole health care bill was an issue. I now pay my doctor out of pocket.

I have a friend - I have mentioned her before - whose insurance was terminated shortly after her chemo ended. This also happened before the bill was put to a vote. She now has zero follow-up care, and zero medications to control her seizures and MS. Her life is not "at risk" because there is NO CHANCE for her to survive her condition without the medical care she has been denied.

My point is yes, there will be changes and yes, some people will be put in bad situations. But don't be so quick to blame the health care bill. It has become a scapegoat for citizens and health care providers alike. These situations have been happening all along - now there is a convenient bill that everybody can scream at.

It is fear mongering.

habee, I hope this gets resolved for you. I'm thinking my best thoughts for you smile
      be well

26. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

OY

27. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sorry but slated for actual change and preparing in advance for the change are not the same thing. Habee has no reason to come here and post falsehoods. She has been told that this is what is happening and why it is happening, and regardless of politics I believe her.

1. profile image0

I wish I could help you habee, and I do feel terrible, god bless you, believe me I understand, I have been there, and it is very scary, maybe these numbers can help you.

What if my supplier refuses to continue providing my oxygen equipment and related services as required by law?
      If your supplier is not following Medicare laws and rules, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. The customer service representatives will refer your case to the appropriate area. For more information about Medicare’s coverage of durable medical equipment, visitwww.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/11045.pdf to view “Medicare Coverage of Durable Medical Equipment and Other Devices.” You can also call 1-800-MEDICARE. CMS

Jeebus. I never said Habee was posting falsehoods.

There's so much paranoia concerning this bill than any change from the norm is going to be blamed on the bill. Come on people the sky will fall in a few years, not immediately.

28. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Sorry, Ron, that doesn't help me any!! Did you READ my other posts?? I have to sleep a night WITHOUT the C-pap OR oxygen before they'll continue to pay! This goes totally against advice from several doctors!!

You guys don't get it. I talked to the Medicare person, and she told me it was in anticipation of the new cuts to Medicare. They know what's coming. Try spinning this all you want. I plan on telling everyone I know about this! I really liked some parts of the HC bill and even defended them. No more!

yes, I've read the posts.  If I were you I would call again, it sounds like you got some bad info from someone unqualified.

1. habee profile image92

Ron, I truly hope you are correct. I'm calling tomorrow! Cross your fingers!

Let us know how it goes Habee.  We don't want to see you doing without.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image58

Hopefully my fingers will be busy tommorrow.  I'll cross my toes.  Too little O2 during sleep is really dangerous.  I'm surprised someone said you could do this test at home.  Do you have a monitor that can record your o2 levels?

Your situation aside, I find it ironic that what was first proposed by the Democrats was a form of medicare for the entire population.  The howling from the Right convinced the dems that it would not be politically possible to pass such a plan, so a much more Republican (almost exactly Mitt Romney's plan) version was offered.  The right howled anyway, and plotted Obama's downfall- his Waterloo by trying to defeat any healthcare reform he championed.  Now that he, and more importantly the American public, has won - the greatest howling comes when people think that medicare (socialized medicine?) will be cut.

2. Padrino profile image60
        Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"someone unqualified"

You mean like a government employee? I don't think asking another government employee will help you at all, you will just get another answer before they transfer you to the next unqualified person.

She did call, and it did get resolved.  You seem to not understand the steps involved in posting your opinions here.

1) Read posts.

2) Think about posts before responding.

3) Post response if you have anything worthwhile to add.

Please tape a copy of these instructions to your Commodore 64 screen before posting again.

1. profile image0
            Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ron thank you for letting us know that Habee got her situation straightened out.

2. Ohma profile image60

LiamBean what you said was tantamount to saying that Habee was not telling the truth when she said what i have quoted above. If i am wrong or misunderstood what you said.
      I am sorry but you said:
      So this ISN'T about "Obamacare", but rather some changes to Medicare/Oxygen rules that took effect before congress even voted on the bill.

I thought there was something fishy about this; Medicare is not slated for any changes under the reform bill until January 1, 2014.
      Which seemed to me like you were accusing her of false statments.

Well it's a free country. You can read into what I wrote what ever you like. It's not like you don't make a habit of that anyway.

1. Ohma profile image60

This is Rude. You are Rude.

You made an assumption based on nothing.

Try to take to heart what I learned in the military.

"When you assume you make an ass out of u and me". 

Now I don't expect this of you based entirely on your responses so far. Apparently you feel that pointing out an error, even when that "error" exists entirely in your own mind, somehow forgives your own rudeness.

That based upon an assumption with little or no evidence to back that assumption on.

1. Ohma profile image60

I have not been rude to you and your military background has nothing to do with it. I simply stated that I believed Habee when she said she had been told by Medicare that this was happening because of the Cutbacks they are expecting due to the health care bill. I do not know where you got rude out of that and I do not know why you continue to insult me when you are the one that basically ignored what Habee had posted.

Please pay attention.

You said, and I quote.

No it is not. I said I thought something was fishy. I DID NOT SAY that what Habee said was fishy. You've essentially accused me of calling Habee a liar when I did no such thing. You have read into what I wrote nothing even close to what I said.

You should apologize or just wisely drop this fruitless and ridiculous topic. YOU have been RUDE; not I.

Here is a direct quote: "So this ISN'T about "Obamacare", but rather some changes to Medicare/Oxygen rules that took effect before congress even voted on the bill.

Where in this am I claiming ANYONE is lying?

Thought so!

As I said before, I am not responsible for what you read into what is written. YOU ARE!

1. Ohma profile image60

I read only what you wrote. I have nothing to apologize for. You obviously did not read everything that had been said prior to your joining the conversation or you would have been aware of what was going on.
                  Sadly you only accept responsibility for the small portion of your actions that are not extremely annoying.
                  I will not request an apology for being rude to me as I understand that some people are simply unable to grasp the concept that they are capable of being wrong however I do think that you might consider apologizing to Habee for you thoughtless and insensitive comment.

Of course I did. I was also confused, worried, and concerned. I happen to like Habee even though we don't always agree. I felt something was wrong however. Medicare, like all other buracracies, just don't move that fast. That and the fact that the restrictions on Medicare don't take effect until January 1, 2014.

Being annoyed by someone else is not only not a crime it's an American right. Get used to it.

The "thoughtless and insensitive" comment exists entirely in your imagination. Apparently you cannot accept the concept that you are wrong about something. Too bad. Bet you have just a ton of friends.

Shocking!

3. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would you be at the hospital or at home during the sans-CPAP/oxygen night?  I assume it is a test of some sort, am I wrong?   

I have oxygen tanks for welding and cutting purposes.  I think I could rig you up something with some rubber tubing and duct tape.  Remember the pudding pop incident?

1. habee profile image92

No, Randy, I have to do it at home. That's what scares me. They won't pay for me to have it done at the sleep lab because I've already done that - twice.

Therein lies the irony: "We won't pay for a sleep lab because you've had that test. But we don't want to rely on that test any longer, so you have to have another one - at home."

I wish Denise were still here! She was the one who made me go on oxygen in the first place. I didn't want to! She "scared" me into it. Of course, at the time, I was picturing O2 tanks - not the concentrater.

Randy, if you could rig one of your tanks up for me, that would be great! I'm sure you think I'm a wuss for not wanting to sleep without my "life support," but things Denise, Dr. Pultand, and Dr. Smith have told me keep running through my mind. And yes, I'm afraid. I don't think Hamlet could do CPR if I needed it!

RD, I'm convinced if you could fix a car with a box of pudding, rigging up one of your oxygen tanks would be a cinch!! Johnny has plenty of duct tape.

Make the call.  Don't take no for an answer.  Keep us posted.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Oh yeah, I'll also have to an enema bag for the nose mask.  You've probably got one lying around somewhere!

you kids be careful.
            don't need to be blowing poor habee up like a balloon
            How do you think she'd feel if she woke up & found out we've been using her in parades?

http://www.lesliecarrara-rudolph.com/Abby_In_the_%20Press_files/abby%20balloon/balloon%2011.jpg

hang in there habee big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image61

This does resemble Holle's Christmas dinners with all her grandkids running around everywhere.

3. LiamBean profile image80

Something's not right here. Whoever you are talking to at Medicare has a completely different perception of what you need that oxygen for. You aren't testing; it's therapeutic. Big Difference.

I'd be on the phone to the doctor in a flash. From my understanding Medicare will pay for anything with no limits if you have your doctor's approval.

29. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ron, your post is even worse! So, at the end of 5 years, Medicare stops paying? Anyway, I haven't had it for 5 years yet!

Thanks, Ohma!

30. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Wool. I'll call that number tomorrow, but it's not the supplier - it's Medicare! Maybe I can find out more. I sure hope so!

1. profile image0

No prob anything to help, just ask

31. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Jen. Maybe Medicare is using the new law as an excuse?? If that's true, how are they going to treat patients when their funding is actually slashed?

Will you have to quit smoking now, Holle?

2. wyanjen profile image71

I think we are going to see quite a bit of excuses...
      I still can't get my head around this one: I need to pay an office co-pay to one of my dr.s to get a monthly refill for my maintenance meds. Same dose, same script, every month, no change. But they won't pick up the phone and call it in for me. I have to go get them physically. hmm

I very much hope that somebody is giving you bad information. Keep us updated, OK?
      Don't let people scare you. There is a lot of bullshit flying around. Remember in healthcare, the golden rule is - get a second opinion lol

take care

32. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

No, Randy, I pay extra every month because I am a smoker. Beth probably has to pay extra, too, since you smoke. Why don't you and I quit together??

Quit smoking everything?

Hey if it works let me know. My wife and I love to smoke. Bad stuff eh?

33. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

When something does not go according to plan: ask for the reason why, then ask what could be done to change this, and then ask for the decision makers who can make change happen for you. Try to not take no for an answer in a professional way. Likewise, you will be amazed at what you could accomplish. 

I remember when I opened my first checking account and went into overdraft. Before I could pay off the balance my checking account was closed. When I tried to open up a checking account with another bank, they told me I had to wait 7 years because my previous bank reported me for the overdraft that I eventually paid off. I did not take no for an answer.

I asked how could I open up a new checking account now. They stated by having that bad information removed. I called up the previous bank, got into contact with the decision maker, and asked for that bad information to be removed since I paid back the overdraft. I refused to take no for an answer. She told me to fax in proof of payment and then the bank would remove it. 72 hours later (instead of 7 years) I was able to open up a new checking account.

34. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Excuse me? I think you have me confused with some one else. I have never had an issue with you or any one else here. You are maybe in a mood for whatever reason but I had nothing to do with it.
    I say what I see.

Apparently you saw rudeness where there was none. Excuse me indeed!

35. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

If not, I can borrow one from you and Beth! Will it smell like a baby doll??

Doesn't everything Beth has?

36. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I'm laughing out loud, Jen! Pay no attention to Randy - he's always been a pervert.

Perversion is in the eyes...or somewhere else, of the beholder!

Ain't that the truth!
        lol

37. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

passing the burden on the people now, habee I hope you can really sleep well at night, plus resolve the issue!

38. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

OMG, Jean, you have me laughing! Thanks!

39. LiamBean profile image80
    LiamBeanposted 14 years ago

I don't do this often, but I think it's important. I've written a hub on this bill. Not because I believe in it or think it will be good for the American people, but because it is now law and we need to know how it will impact us.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Provisions-of-t … ill-Passed

Please pay particular attention to the date January 1, 2014. This is when most of the required provisions take effect.

1. Ohma profile image60

And again did you miss or just ignore the part of this conversation when Habee and I both told you that this was happening in preparation for the cut backs Medicare is expecting.

40. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Someones got themselves in the deep end of the pool.

41. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I'm not insulting you! You think I'm insulting you and it sounds like I'm insulting you and all rational people would say I am, but I'm not! So there! By the way my ton of friends are crushing me! Call for a crane! Help!!!!!!!big_smile

1. Ohma profile image60

Sneako how are you tonight?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm doing Great! I see you're having some fun! That is his whole act, he pulled that crap on me too! He says whatever he wants but if you give him a dose of his own medicine he always becomes outragged. I hope you are doing well! You are the voice of reason in this exchange without even trying.smile

1. Ohma profile image60

Thanks Sneak the trouble is he thinks he can run around insulting people and then not be called out about it. I am not that person. But any way I am glad you ar well how is the missus?

I was called out about it. I got a three day "vacation" for saying "what's wrong with you dimbulbs" to no one in particular.

Meanwhile someone called me a Nazi and got no time out.

Cute!

Now if you think I've been insulting for pointing out that a lot of you react without thinking, or apparently even bothering to read, hold on to your hats.

You see I don't post to forums often. I barely noticed my "vacation."

2. profile image0

Beautifully Anwry! Thats the way I like her!smile

1. Ohma profile image60

Give her my best, and I must be off to bed so good night all.

42. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Whatever come and talk to me when you grow up and learn to act like a person or better yet don't as I have enough friends and really do not need to ad a trouble maker to the list.

1. profile image0

I agree!smile

1. Ohma profile image60

smile

2. profile image0

I feel like I am at a session of congress

1. Ohma profile image60

lol lol lol

I feel like I survived ten minutes in the psycho ward just before medication time.

43. Sab Oh profile image57
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

oh no you di'nt!

1. Ohma profile image60

?????

1. Sab Oh profile image57
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just adding some Springer audience sound effects

1. Ohma profile image60

lol lol lol

44. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ohma, I value your friendship, and I know what you said you said in my defense. I understand that you thought Liam was doubting the veracity of my story, but I didn't take it that way. Liam and I are old hub pals, so we're cool with each other. But Ohma, I do really appreciate the fact that you were taking up for me!!

To both Ohma and Liam, I'm sorry my forum caused hard feelings. I really am. I love BOTH of you guys!!

Habee you are awesome as always.

2. Ohma profile image60

Habee I have no hard feelings toward Liam or any one else especially you. It was not your post that caused the issue but it is done now and I prefer to keep it that way. I am only just responding because I value your friendship and would not want you to think ill of me.

45. Niteriter profile image59
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I knew if I waited long enough I'd hear a reasonable voice. Good defusion work, habee! Do you work on the Bomb Squad?

46. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

hahahaha, Nite! I like for everyone to get along! And I didn't want to be the reason for a quarrel. I like both of these hubbers!

You weren't the cause and I like you too. Jeebus. I just hate Rodney King moments.

Sorry, the smart-arse in me insisted on that comment.

47. Niteriter profile image59
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

And most Hubbers like you. I hope you find a solution to your health problem really soon.

48. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Nite! I feel a lot better about it now that I can do the "test" while using the C-pap. I still can't teach these lazy Great Danes to do CPR!

49. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Well that sounds better - but not all straightened out. I will keep my fingers crossed.

50. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Liam!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)