What do people with animal photos as profile pictures really look like

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (44 posts)
  1. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 14 years ago

I think that they are all so beautiful that they are afraid of stalkers...
    Or are they all celebreties with nothing better to do with their lives, they cant go out or they will be recognised so they hide behind pictures of cute kittens and chat endlessly online!!!

1. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually quite like those furry adorable little creatures.... they make for instant warmth!  smile

(And Kirsten, although I have to admit that cute raccoon had grown on me, I'm quite amazed to see what you actually look like: beautiful I must say!)

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of the above!  I hate most pics of myself but all three of our cats are very photogenic.  It really is that simple. 

Oh, and I nurse a fond (but almost certainly deluded) hope that having an animal as my avatar means that people are more likely to respond to what I actually write, rather than filtering it through a mental image of what they think my views are based on my IRL picture.  If that makes sense.

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, but then, I have carefully examined your cat who genuinely reflects your personality and this cat is telling me you are kinky as can be and it is a closely guarded secret.  this cat says you are very hard to understand, that you sometimes just fall down on the floor and pound it with your fists - the cat wants to know why that is!  what if pets could talk ?  well, they can!  even through pictures!

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blimey.  You're good big_smile lol

1. kirstenblog profile image79
            kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! I am starting to wonder if she is some sort of cat whisperer? lol

1. Cagsil profile image71
              Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

2. mega1 profile image78

did you know that it is really the animals who talk to me who do the whispering?  well, actually they just send the thoughts, usually there aren't any real words involved, straight to my mind!  It's sometimes very disconcerting! to say the least.

3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well thanks!  I really look like http://www.eaglevisiononline.com/images/soaring_eagle_150.jpgbut I was afraid that people would think I was a vulture.  lol

4. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right I am just a celebrity hiding behind a mask, this is who I really am:

http://timothyzhu.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/aaron-eckhart.jpg

But don't tell anyone!

2. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

yes, darling, that is exactly why I've been a duck and a kitten lately - now this new one is closer to the way I really look!

3. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

After spending so long as a baby raccoon I gotta say it was nice getting the attention for being such a cute furry face! I started to wonder if my profile pic was getting me followers yikes
    Now its me on there and I have had some nice compliments so I guess I can still enjoy the attention lol

1. mega1 profile image78

yes, you are really cute! much better than that little raccoon - and if I genuinely had that hair I would post my pic all over the place!

LeanManposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where do you get your hair done? I want to see if i can get that same look??

1. mega1 profile image78

a small fan pointed up from the floor works  - also let it grow while you sit in a dark room in front of the puter for 10 hours a day, don't bother to brush it

1. mega1 profile image78

oh, you were talking to kirsten probably - anyhow . . .

I'm too shy to talk to kirsten.......

No one has ever introduced us, and she's...... cute...

1. mega1 profile image78

don't worry about it - just act positive and confident - oh, wait, are you married?  You ARE aren't you!  well, people here frown on married hubbers flirting - but I don't give a rat's ass if you flirt your shirt off! 

hmmmmm.  flirt the shirt off .   hmmmmmmm.

I am married to so I guess it don't matter so long as its just for fun, nothing more! My hubby flirts with the ladies who work at our local climbing center, I would be offended if I wasn't flirting with them too! lol

2. LeanMan profile image81

I was told acting shy would bring out the mothering instinct in the woman ...... either that or she'll beat you... either way I win..lol

As to the shirt..... laying naked on my sofa....(maybe I shoud use an animal picture, or you should think of one rather than the image that i may have just conjured into your mind)

2. kirstenblog profile image79

Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off and wee'd just a bit lol

I have not been hugely active of late, been busy keeping busy with 2 new sites to totally obsess over yikes lol Life is good when you have stuff to obsess over big_smile

The furry creature was before my time.... nice to meet the real you ....

"not been hugely active of late"? is this a confession??

I have in the past spent so much time on the forums that I wonder if I shouldn't find a 12 step program for HP forum addicts! lol Honestly I should be working on a hub now! lol so close to 100 too! and unpublished hubs I am at 99 but I get way to hooked on the forums! Maybe I should get myself banned hmm lol

2. kirstenblog profile image79

I had to work hard for that hair! lol
        Spent ages with it up in curlers, loads of products to fix the curls in place and by the end of the day it was still flat as could be hmm
        I love curly hair and more then half the perms I have had have fallen out after a week! yikes sad
        Lucky so and so's with naturally curly hair mad

4. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I "look like a man"

gotta love Mad TV

5. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

there is a lot to be said for furry and cute, but then, there are a lot of gents around here who respond real well to wild and dominating!  I like to switch it up now and then, if you get my drift!

smart move, if you ask me...! big_smile
      (btw. if I was to give an award to someone for the most amazing avatars, it would be you! )

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

these threads are the only place I have to act out, my job requires that I stay calm and polite at all times!  arghhhh! for a personality like mine that is really stultifying!  So I get manic every few days and spend a day quipping and flirting and being as nasty as I can be within HP policy and it saves my freeky life! no lie.  why am I telling you all this?  no idea

can you type laid right back on the couch like that??

1. mega1 profile image78

yes, but its not easy and I do make a few typos -

7. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

There are a lot of new faces at HubPages in the last 6 months. However, I would like to point out that there are plenty of hubbers who use avatar pictures other than their own self portrait.

There are plenty of people who use pictures of themselves, but also change their picture from time to time.

I've created two different, but similar hubs so as to help them promote themselves. Many had to give me a picture to be on/in the hub.

The category to find my hubs on the Women Writers In HubPages Community can be found under Spreading HubLOVE.

If you are looking for real pictures of most of the women who participate in the forum community, then you can see them on the hub. smile

oh no Cags! You just let the cat out of the bag...! yikes big_smile

Yeah I always liked the idea that my real pic was out there but folks had to WORK to find em wink lol

looked at Cags' Hub, wow, there are some real honeys out there.. is that why you all hide behind cute kittens and puppies....

Where is the men's version?

If there is not one, who is going to do it???
      Would anyone check it if it was there??

8. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Woops, wrong alias. Here I am http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/articles/aqua/Bottlenose_Dolphin.jpg

9. wyanjen profile image72
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I really look like a kitten.

hehe...yeah, I'd give anything to look like one too...! Hey any cute furry avatars for spare anyone?

1. mega1 profile image78

search for "cute baby animals images"  there are thousands

2. mega1 profile image78

with some makeup and some stick on fur you are the spitting image of Bootsy!

big_smile

2. wyanjen profile image72
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

10. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

hey, tell me what you see when you scroll up past those two images really fast!

can't! your hair gets in the way.... roll wink

Thrill seeking through high speed scrolling??

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)