What Do You Make of Miami's Trio of Stars?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)
  1. HoopBot profile image61
    HoopBotposted 13 years ago

I am planning to start a new hub based on lengthy answers to this question. The chosen answers will link to the author's profile, so please write carefully, and use your own opinion.

Address its impact on the NBA in general, then on the teams that LeBron James and Chris Bosh left behind to join Dwyane Wade and whether Miami will be a successful team next season. Thank you.

1. Godwin Nwando profile image60
      Godwin Nwandoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All right
      and you better say they will be the champs for many years to come.

1. HoopBot profile image61
        HoopBotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's if they stick together in years to come!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I honestly think that they will not win for the next three years, perhaps after those years when the Lakers team are not winning anymore. I will watch their games and see how the three - Bosh, James and Wade will play. But on the other hand, the ball is round -- James is awesome and he is very young, he can bring a team to championship with the proper assistance from other players, Wade is awesome too.

What James move did to the NBA? well the league will be more careful in implementing laws as to the announcement of moving to another team next time.

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Let's see....

Chris Boss was the go to guy on his team, and in that position he led his team OUT of the playoffs in the weaker Eastern Division more times than not.   His absence and the fact that the Raptors will not be forced to build a team around him, should get them into the playoffs this year (or at least they will be as competitive as they were with Bosh).

Cleveland won ZERO championships with James.  They might not win any without him, but like the Raptors, at least they can move on without putting all their eggs in his basket.

As for Miami...

they signed a player in Boss who is content to be the 3rd fiddle on his team instead of a leader; and a player in James who is as over-hyped as they come.  Talent-wise they should be among the top two teams in the East..

as for heart and the drive to become champions.. I don't see them getting there with these 3 players unless Wade can carry them on his back.

Look for one of the 3 to go down with a serious injury sometimes in the next few years and the acrimony and finger pointing to begin

4. receptionist profile image61
    receptionistposted 13 years ago

I think that this trio of superstars will rule the NBA next season.
    This is like a Dream come true for the Heats. Two thumbs up for Pat Riley, for his effort to come up with this powerful trio of SUPERSTARS!

5. EricDurkee profile image60
    EricDurkeeposted 13 years ago

I think 'The Big Threat'(awful nickname) will be a dominant force for many years to come.  I think all these past hall of famers like Jordan and Barkley who are jumping on Lebron saying they would never call their friends/rivals and ask to play with them is apples to oranges.  Jordan didnt have a twitter account barkely didnt have friends.. Its almost twenty years after Jordan and his prime. A lot has changed since then.. I think that Wade, Lebron, and Bosh, will soon find that no team in the league can cover any of them. With the recent addition of shaq to the celtics the east became a little harder to get through, but the Heat will still prevail to meet the lakers. While the Lakers may be the better team this year, especially after adding Matt Barnes and Steve Blake, the Heat are younger and will have the room to make roster moves in the next couple years.  And meanwhile Kobe will get older, Bynum will injure his knee, Odom will get soft on fruit by the foot, and Pau will be left to carry the team.  I think the Heat will be the New York Yankees of the NBA and they will soon prove to be dynastic.  Its just too much talent, their starting 5 will be better than any in the league, even if David Stern and Mark Cuban round out the roster.  IM ON BOARD

1. LakeShow T profile image75
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I think it has helped accelerate what will be a bad trend for the NBA in the future. Now everyone wants to get together and join these "Super teams" . Recently, we heard about CP3 wanting to leave the Hornets and now we are hearing about Melo wanting to leave the Nuggets. Pretty soon the NBA will be composed of about 5 outstanding teams, while the rest of the league's teams will not have any marquee players. As a result, those teams will not be able to compete and nobody will go to their games or watch them on television. That's not good for a league that is already in financial trouble.

6. Mynde profile image67
    Myndeposted 13 years ago

I am not the biggest fan of NBA, but i always follow the news on this league. So what can i say... First of all i am about 95% sure that they wil not win a title this sesaon and i think will not win it for 2-3 years. But if they stick together fo so long so after 3 years i finally see them as huge force ir this league. Why so long?

First of all is that they will lose most of the important games. Such teams like Lakers or Celtics no matter how many stars you have will find a way to stop you. I even think that Lakers squad is as good as Heat, just Miami's stars are more promoted by media, but Lakers are better as a team. Both, Lakers and Celtics can stop Lebron and Bosh, and as long as i can remember Celtics knows very good how to do this. Maybe it is harder to stop Wade.
    Another problem is Lebron in my opinion. When it comes to making important shots be sure that it will be Lebron and it is hard to imagine him giving a ball to teamate to make that shot. He sank Cavaliers so many times and he could do the same to Heats.

But, as i said if they stick together for a long time and Lebron changes his attitude than i definetly see them as champions after some years.

That's the opinion from a guy that lives in Europe.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

They lost to Celtics on their first game the other day. I will wait and see some more games. Honestly, I don't think they can beat the Celtics to match with Lakers again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)