30 Hubs 30 Days For March Contest

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 304 discussions (549 posts)
  1. Evylyn Rose profile image61
    Evylyn Roseposted 12 years ago

When the March Q&A Contest was announced and there was mention of daily drawings for hubs, I had the idea that it was the perfect time to try out the HubChallenge with the added bonus of using Questions to inspire my writing. Last night when I should have been in bed it dawned on me that March is going to be a crazy month for me. I have a new roommate moving in after four years of living alone, I have a  newsletter to edit (and create content for) before the equinox, I have my new novel to advertise and continue promoting, and a plethora of other activities to make my head spin.

So in anticipation of both the contest and my personal challenge, I've decided to jump start my hubs ahead of time. I'm searching out questions I want to answer and starting hubs either by putting together outlines or even beginning the first drafts. However, I will not complete or add any final touches (images, videos, etc.) until March to stay fair to the challenge (can't really call it 30 hubs in 30 days if they are completed 31+ days before).

Anyone else up for joining me on this little crusade?

1. Sadie14 profile image94
      Sadie14posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm up for it! I've been thinking about it and will probably need some support!

1. Hawkesdream profile image64
        Hawkesdreamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sadie, Brilliant that you want to join our little challenge gang. Good Luck to you

2. Evylyn Rose profile image61
        Evylyn Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful! Glad to have you join us, Sadie. smile

3. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We will support you! You can do it! Look how many more are doing it! smile

2. Anamika S profile image68
      Anamika Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All those who are attempting the 30 hubs in 30 days could message me so that we can form a group to help and motivate each other. Also I have some promotional plans which I want to share so that we all get benefited out of this challenge.

Sounds awesome. What kind of promotional plans do you have in mind?

2. ryeder profile image60
        ryederposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Taking the challenge...we will see what happens.

Great! I'm sure you'll do wonderful! smile

2. AEvans profile image71

You can do it!smile

3. beezico profile image72
      beezicoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very much poised for the challenge. I cannot wait to march into March.

Awesome! Glad to have you with us. wink

1. beezico profile image72

Glad to be a part of this group!

2. Hawkesdream profile image64
    Hawkesdreamposted 12 years ago

I will give it a go Evylyn. Not sure how successful I will be, but the thought and effort will be there.

Awesome, Hawkesdream! I'm sure we'll be successful as long as we keep the effort going through the month and have each other's support. smile

Terrific, so how many drafts and ideas do have at the moment? I have 10/11

I've got about 14 questions lined up that I plan on answering, but only about half of those have drafts and/or outlines started. I'm hoping to sit down tonight and get working some more on those. smile

Good Luck, I will be starting a few more drafts from Sunday. Kiddies here this weekend so not really good for computer work lol Brain still works and a pen and pencil where ideas can be jotted down.

Thanks! Sometimes going with pen and paper can work out a lot better. You may be well ahead of me by the end of the weekend. wink

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Good luck to you both! Hard-liners for sure.

Thanks. wink

Thanks

4. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 12 years ago

I am taking up the Challenge too. As someone who had done the 100 Hubs in 30 days, I know that I can do it if I put my heart in it. Moreover, I have a personal goal of completing 400 Hubs by 31st March, 2012.

I wish you best of luck with your HC too Evylyn!

The thought of even so much as considering 100 hubs in 30 days blows my mind away. You're amazing, Anamika! I'm excited to have you joining us. ^_^

1. Anamika S profile image68

Thanks for the compliment! I did it on the 1st ever Hub Challenge announced by HubPages. Though many participated, 12 of us completed it successfully. Attempting to write 4  quality hubs a day was really a challenge but I planned and worked on a schedule. Majority of what I wrote then gets me tons of traffic.

You're definitely going to be my inspiration for this challenge! smile I don't think I could pull off quality hubs if I were to do 100 considering the month I'm about to have, but if you could do 100 quality hubs in 30 days, I can most definitely knock out 30. wink

Congratulations.  An amazing feat, I remember attempting that but became so overwelmed by notifications and writing that it sent me in a spin. I stayed away for a long while before returning.
          Here's to the 30/30 challenge!

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

I suspect I will struggle to publish 30 'quality' hubs in 30 days, but I am going to have a go. No promises I will succeed as I aim for quality over quantity generally, and most of my hubs are over 1000 words +. Fingers crossed I can achieve this as I also need to get going on my veggie allotment for this coming season in March.

I am the same way about quality over quantity, which is why I decided to get a head start by putting things together a few days ahead of time. That way I can give extra special attention to each hub everyday in March without the worry of not having the time to write them. I'm sure you'll do a lot better than you're giving yourself credit for. We can do this!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I'll certainly have a good try Evelyn smile

Hi Misty, we are all here to support and encourage you. Welcome to the group.

6. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Done it once, never again, but good luck to you all!

Thanks. smile

7. Turtlewoman profile image90
    Turtlewomanposted 12 years ago

Hi Evelyn I was just thinking about it yesterday! Really, just "thinking" about it. I'm a new Hubber so I know this will be quite challenging, but there's no better time than March. It will give me more opportunities to win the drawing for the Question/Answer contest as well. I also need to write more hubs, considering I only have 8 so far. (yikes) Good luck to you, and good luck to everyone who's partaking in the challenge! Cheers

Go for it, Turtlewoman. We are here to support you and each other.

1. Turtlewoman profile image90
        Turtlewomanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Hawkesdream! I'll be rooting for you!

Welcome to HubPages! It's definitely a great opportunity when first starting out. You can do it!

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

There are 16 other people on FB who are also doing the challenge in March including me, this should be fun! smile

Hi AEvans, this is the first one I have had a go at. The first one frightened me off lol. Have a good feeling about this one.

1. AEvans profile image71

You can do it! I couldn't find you on FB who are you on there?

I am Alison Hawken on FB

Awesome! I agree this is definitely going to be fun! smile

It is going to be loads of fun. It's all about being a team and cheering each other on. I know you will enjoy it, if you have never did it before. smile

3. Pamela N Red profile image82
      Pamela N Redposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm one of the sixteen facebook 30/30. I was wondering if anyone had posted it here.

Evylyn rose, my schedule isn't quite as hectic as yours but I have spring break and remodeling one of my rent houses next month so it will be a struggle to get 30 articles done. Hopefully they will be worth reading.

I can post all of them here, I think that is a good idea Pamela. smile

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

I'm going for it! I'm not sure all will be official csndidates for the contest (they may not answer questions or have all elements, such as videos), but my goal is to do 30 hubs in March. I just finished my first 30/30 less than two weeks ago, so it's time to tackle another.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marcy Goodfleisch, good luck!

Good luck to Turtlewoman, AEvans, and Anamika.

Even if they aren't all answers to questions, 30 hubs in 30 days is still an awesome feat. wink Glad to have you with us!

1. Pamela N Red profile image82

Do all 30 have to be answers to questions to qualify?

3. Hawkesdream profile image64
      Hawkesdreamposted 12 years ago

Hi to all of the brave 30/30 challengers. Thought I would let you know how I am doing.
      My plan is to combine the 30/30 with the contest and to this end I have just completed my pre-selection of questions.
      Tomorrow, the plan is to correlate images and videos.

You're on a roll! I'm still only at 14 questions, but I've been getting further along on the drafts little by little. We're definitely going to make it! wink

I have only three drafted, but mymind is working on the others. The contest thingie is not my primary objective, but where is the harm in trying. The questions do give us a great source of nspiration. I know that if I tried to think of thirty different hubs, I would never achieve the goal.
          Anyway, off to find some images and videos.

That's exactly how I felt when I first considered doing the challenge a few months back. Then last month I couldn't even gather enough inspiration to write hardly any hubs (I think I published only two in January!). A lot of it had to do with so much of my focus on doing final edits of my novel that came out this month, but it was also partly because I put my mind in a little box to try to stick with my specific niche. I love going through the question section for inspiration anyway, so when they announced the contest it was like a sign that I needed to just do it and stop stressing over the topics. wink

4. Sadie14 profile image94
      Sadie14posted 12 years ago

Are we all getting all 30 questions lined up before March or just some? I've found that I have started some that answer questions already asked so I've been searching for those.

I am gathering the questions and creating the Titles etc. There will also be hubs that are not a part of the questions but will be placed into the challenge. smile

That's a great way to go. I think that once we have the titles and some form of hub drafted, the completion of each at the rate of one a day will be plain sailing ... she says with tongue in cheek lol

lolo, When I did the very first challenge I only completed 12 lolol! I was exhausted but this time I hope I can complete 30. Each one of my hubs takes a few hours to complete and sometimes I just have to put it away and come back. I am now challenging myself to complete March and there are 31 days in the month. smile

Either way; whichever works best for you. wink I'm trying to get as much lined up as I can ahead of time to save on time for the hectic month March is going to be for me, but that doesn't mean you have to get them all ready before the month begins. If a few at a time works best, then go for it!

5. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 12 years ago

So this 30 day challenge has to be all questions and then answering them in the hub?  I think I can do this.  BTW I am Debbie Lewis Allen on FB if anyone already knows me or wants to look me up.
      I have nothing started or outlined.  I am trying to figure out what 30 subjects I can come up with in a month.  I write sporatically and my hubs are usually long and lots of research put into them too.

6. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Where ae we supposed to get our questions to answer...or do we do them ourselves?  This is the first challenge I have even thought about trying and no nothing of how to go about this.  Is there a link or something we are to use on our hubs or???

Go to the 'Answers' at the top of your page and pick out questions you would like to write about. Then create a hub about the question.smile I am excited you are doing this too! smile

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
          Lady Guinevereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So I would choose 30 of these? I would select answer the questions as a hub then?  Would I be able to come back to it to revise it?  I mean if I select to answer it as a hub can I not finish it right away and come back to it later?   Can I also write some hubs that don't answer questions?

If you want them entered in the contest they have to be answering questions in the Answers section (link at top of page), and you have the 'make a hub about it' option below the answer box. Yes you can go back and edit it later if you can't write it all at once. In every other way it is just like writing any other hub. You mustn't publish them until 1st March onwards to be eligible for the competition, and you can't answer your own questions.

The full rules are under the 'Contest' link at the top of your screen.

If you are only interested in writing 30 hubs in 30 days and not bothered about the March contest you can write hubs on whatever you like.

Hope this helps smile

Mistyhorizon's response hit the nail on the head. smile I would also add that the contest doesn't require you to post a hub everyday in March (but you can!), so if you don't have 30 questions to answer but do want to do the 30/30 challenge, not all of your 30 have to be answers. You can mix and match to make your 30 hubs. Some of us find that using the question section (even without the contest in place) helps inspire us when we are struggling to decide what to write next. If you aren't doing the contest specifically and get a bit of writer's block (or just frustration XD) during the month, you can use the question section for inspiration with the added bonus that you are eligible for the March contest in doing so.

I hope we answered all your questions!

Yes you answered it very nicely.  Thanks for the guidance all of you.

2. Pamela N Red profile image82

I should have read further, I see you already answered my question. Thanks.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image66

One more questions.  Is there any special graphic or something that goes on those hubs that we answered the question?  I didn't see anything about that, but you never know until you ask.  BTW I already started on one.

No special graphics, just treat it like writing any other hub, just write it in response to a question smile

Ok, Thanks.  I am having connection issues with Comcast.  Sorry took so long to get back.  They are supposed to be bringing me a new modem tomorrow.  I HOPE that works.  I can't write anything while this modem just up and goes off line like it does today.

Just write it offline for now Debbie, then paste the text into your hub capsules when you have your new modem tomorrow smile

I have 3 to work with until I get my modem fixed.  Thanks you so much Cindy!

8. profile image0

It is remarkable that this thread leads to so many Hubbers signing up. I'm impressed.

I agree, can we tempt you too???

1. profile image0

Yeah, right! I'm a cheerleader at best. This challenge is for people who actually know something.

And you don't?  I don't believe that one iota

1. profile image0

It was high drama on the forum. From all corners of the world, people were watching in suspense as a group of devoted Hubbers committed themselves to a challenge invariably associated with Blood, Sweat & Tears. Around dining tables, families were heatedly debating whether they, too, should dare enroll into the challenge. And in quiet lounges sat women looking into mirrors, as they were trying to read their own soul: Could I endure this challenge? Could I perchance prevail?

All the while, cool registered Hubbers from the nearer horizons were calmly signing up one after another. Cheerleaders stood by on the sidelines, hopping up and down.

And it's the cheerleaders like yourself who will still have time during the month to actually <i>read</i> what we write to encourage us to keep moving forward. I love it! smile

Like Hawkesdream, I doubt that you don't know something. tongue Whether you jump on in or not, though, we can always use extra support! Nothing wrong with being a cheerleader. A little cheer goes a long way. wink

9. Keri Summers profile image70
      Keri Summersposted 12 years ago

Okay, tough decision, too much to do, but I seem to have committed myself.  Will see it as training to write my Hubs well (hopefully) but more quickly. But I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't get through it.  At least, I'm not planning to beat myself up!

Definitely no beating ourselves up regardless of the outcome! We can definitely do this no matter how much we have going on in March (part of why some of us are getting a head start on it by prepping some of the hubs). You are going to do great!

1. Keri Summers profile image70
          Keri Summersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the encouragement.

Keri don't beat yourself up, my very first challenge I was only able to accomplish 12 that is more then I thought I would accomplish. Just do your best! smile

Thanks AE.  I promise not to!  I shall just be pleased about what I manage, it's a very positive thing to be doing, isn't it. Thanks for the smiley!

It is a positive thing to do and no matter if you create 5-10 or 30 you have accomplished something just remember that. smile

10. SMD2012 profile image92
      SMD2012posted 12 years ago

I think I am going to give the 30 Hubs 30 Days For March Challenge a go. I'll go back and read the comments in this thread to try and figure out any rules or details that I need to know, but if there is an FAQ that someone can point me to, I'd be happy to read that too. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
      All the best to everyone who is going to do it too!
      Cheers, Sarah

The details for the March contest can be found in the links at the top of the page ("contest" in light blue text). The contest doesn't require that you post 30 hubs, but we're combining a 30 hubs published in 30 days challenge with the March contest. Some are doing it a little different, but the goal is to reach 30 hubs in 30 days whether or not every hub published qualifies for the contest. wink

I have challenged me to do the same for the month of March. Let's see how it all goes.

Good luck with it Beezico.  Good luck to all of us.

Keri Summers, I will be looking forward to your hubs. I feel really challenged to go all out on this one. There is motivation in patting one another in the back regardless of the overall outcome. A general feel of positiveness wells up in me... See you in March!

2. Cosmic Bus profile image72
          Cosmic Busposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel a little nervous about commiting, but encouraged by this forum that Keri Summers referred me to from her most recent Hub pertaining to the contest. Deep breath...still thinking...

Go on Cosmic, give it a go. It doesnt matter of you don't do 30, its the taking part that counts and we are all here to cheer you on.
            Maybe a bit premature but - Welcome to the challenge.

I  like your style Hawkesdream.  Welcome to the challenge indeed!

2. Keri Summers profile image70

No pressure CB.  But of course we're all hoping you'll join in.

3. Evylyn Rose profile image61

I can understand the nervousness. It's all so exciting! I hope you do decide to join us for sure and early welcome to the challenge. wink

1. Cosmic Bus profile image72
              Cosmic Busposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, you had me at "Welcome!" I'm in. smile

Fantastic!  I'm so excited about this now ...

Wonderful! We're all going to have such a great month together. smile

3. Turtlewoman profile image90

Wow Cosmic, looks like we're in the same boat...being on Hubpages for 2 months and jumping in to this crazy challenge. I jump, you jump right?! Oh..can't wait for Titanic on 3D! (sorry off topic there...just got too excited)

No, no, no. Don't apologize! I totally needed the laugh that just brought me. XD

11. AEvans profile image71

Here are the list of hubbers from our Facebook group that will be participating.

1. AEvans
      2. Homesteadbound
      3. Molometer
      4. Ardie
      5. melbel
      6. JS Matthew
      7. sholland10
      8. marcojour
      9. anamikas
      10. marcygoodfleisch
      11. lorddecross
      12. mistyhorizon2003
      13. victorialynn
      14. Pamela N Red
      15. must65gt
      16. cloverleaf
      17. Jennifer Essary
      18. The Clean Life
      19.Hawkesdreams
      20.IAmAudraLeigh
      21.Lady Guinevere
      22.Sharyn's Slant

I hope I got all of there HP names correct! What a list!

How did you make your Facebook group? I would like to be a part of it.

We know have added two more to our FB group and they will also be a part of the challenge.

Evylyn Rose and Bee Zico I will revise and update this list accordingly! Ardie had to leave the challenge but she will be around to cheer us on! smile

Hey, wouldn't it be great if we could get 30 hubbers to do 30 hubs in 30 days ???

1. Anamika S profile image68

Why don't you Guys who are not part of the FB Group join us too? We plan to motivate each other and promote hubs together. You can join the event @ facebook.com/events/303422633045438/

Am I dork for thinking that yes, that is a totally awesome idea! I have two Facebook accounts; one I keep just for friends and family and another that is more of a "fan" account. I'd love to have my Evylyn Rose account added to the group. smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
            Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great idea, Hawkesdream - the more the merrier!  I wasn't around for the original 30/30 challenge, but I tackled it in my first four weeks. There were a few times I felt pretty alone!

It's that feeling exactly that made me want to get this thread started. I can get like that in a very bad way when things stop flowing the way I had hoped, but having the support of others going through the same things (whether they are struggling too or not) helps considerably in keeping me moving forward. Sometimes the strength others perceive us as possessing really comes from the encouragement of those around us. wink

12. Keri Summers profile image70

I think there probably are 30 inc the non-facebookers?  Or is everyone else on FB except me?

13. profile image0

I have never used Facebook. I am wondering how does such a Group work? What kind of communication interface and tools do you have at your disposal? Must be hard for so many people to communicate, I would think, unless there is a forum or the equivalent.

On the contrary.  It is EASY for people to communicate on FB.  It's all one big forum and there are pages for people to create about anything they want including themselves and groups to belong too.  Try it out.  If you don't like it you can always delete your account.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Lady G is correct, WE - the site makes it easy to communicate.  Much of it is similar to the Forum; there are threads in your own profile, or on your friends' profiles, or in groups.

14. profile image0

Thanks for the information, Lady Guinevere!

I was looking for you on FB smile

1. profile image0

Thank you! I have received some invitations from people, but never signed up. I appreciate your attention very much.

Let me know when you are there.smile

15. AEvans profile image71

Two more in the 30/30 challenge!

1 Rusticliving

2.Patty English

We are 1 1/2 days a way! big_smile

1. Turtlewoman profile image90

You can add me to the challenge even though I'm not in the Facebook group! Did we reach 30 people yet?!   :-)

Almost. smile We will add you and we will also give you a tag for each one of your hubs. smile

16. AEvans profile image71

Hello AE, great that so many are taking part.  I can't see myself on the list, but I think maybe I haven't done something on Facebook right (I'm not at all FB literate yet), I friended you but couldn't see how to get on to the group.  Anyway, I've started, my first Hub of the month went up at one minute past midnight, Greenwich Mean Time!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
        Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow this is great! You have 30 hubbers participating in the 30 hubs in 30 day challenge.  I wish you all the best!

3. nabuagermeline profile image59
        nabuagermelineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

huhu. i should have seen this forum the first time i joined hub just 12 days ago and that was still march. no other challenges that i could join? new hubber here:-(

Welcome to HubPages! You can always jump in this one a little late or start up your own. You'll be cheered on either way. wink

17. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years ago

Wish you all the very best! Have Fun! smile

18. Cliff Mendrez profile image89
      Cliff Mendrezposted 12 years ago

I'm joining as well. Not part of the facebook group but I'm taking the challenge. Let's all have fun!

1. sweetguide profile image60
        sweetguideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm well, I also joining smile

Glad to hear it! We're all going to have a great month!

Welcome to the challenge! smile

19. AEvans profile image71

How exciting! All of us will have fun and remember to be a part of the contest, click through the contest button on the upper right hand corner of your account. Answer questions by simply clicking through ' create a hub' . Give it a brand new title and WALA create the hub and you are entered. Wishing all of you the best this month!

20. Evylyn Rose profile image61

Here we go everyone! Remember, if you are posting your hubs as part of the contest it must be done between March 1st at 12 PM PST and March 30th at 12 PM PST. Since I'll be at work during that time, my first one won't be up until after 7 PM MST.

Here's to a great month! Best of luck everyone!

21. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Can we post more than one a day?

Absolutely!

22. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

For those of you also entering the Know it All contest as part of your 30/30 challenge, this link is helpful to know what time 12.00pm noon PST is depending on what timezone you are in. Don't post the 'Answers' Hubs until after 12.00pm PST or they won't be eligible for the Know it All contest.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z … ific-time/

23. Shawna Van Trease profile image61
      Shawna Van Treaseposted 12 years ago

Okay, I'm in! To be honest I'm a bit terrified of committing to 30 hubs this month, but it would be an awesome thing to accomplish.

Awesome! No need to be terrified. We're all in this together. wink

24. AEvans profile image71

Here is a link http://aevans.hubpages.com/hub/How-To-H … cial-Sites

You can do it Shawna!

1. Shawna Van Trease profile image61
        Shawna Van Treaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the encouragement!

I will be looking for your hubs. smile

Go for it, Shawna!

25. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

I'm not promising to crank out 30 this month and I'm not doing the Know-It-All, but I do have a goal to get alot more hubs up.  If I get 30, it'll be nice, but I've been there, done that twice and it was HARD!  So here's the first one:

http://diyweddingplanner.hubpages.com/h … ding-Shoes

You go girl! smile

26. alliemacb profile image88
      alliemacbposted 12 years ago

Well, I seem to have arrived a little late to the party, but I'm going to give it a shot.  Looking forward to reading some of the hubs that everyone listed below publishes too.

1. Lord De Cross profile image69
        Lord De Crossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here is our first 1/30 for the march clallenge
        http://lorddecross.hubpages.com/hub/Imp … -Age?done#

You can do it, Allie! We are cheering for you!

3. Evylyn Rose profile image61

"Better late than never." Welcome to the challenge. wink

27. Melovy profile image93
      Melovyposted 12 years ago

This is my first on in the march challenge. I started off thinking I’d try for 15, but I’m going to give the 30/30 a go!
      http://melovy.hubpages.com/hub/Ways-to- … Enjoy-Life

Nice! Good luck~

1. Melovy profile image93
          Melovyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lord! Good luck to you too. I may have to wait till it’s over to read most of yours and everyone’s, but  I’ll be aiming to read 3 - 4 a day at least.

That's a good idea Melovy, I'm going to do the same, 3 or 4 a day around those taking part in the challenge.

Glad to see you changed your mind. 15 or 30 is still a Challenge. wink

28. soni2006 profile image76
      soni2006posted 12 years ago

I am already in but don't know whom I should promote.

add your links here. smile

29. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago
    30. profile image0

Being a cheerleader, I can't be sure what is most important: To lead or to cheer.

Good luck everyone! Nice to see such a fantastic yield.

I'd say cheering is what helps others to lead. They go hand-in-hand very nicely. wink

31. Sadie14 profile image94

Does anyone have some good tips on how to get started with some writing ideas?

1. profile image0

You can contact me through HubPages via my profile page, and I'll try to help you.

Ok thanks!

Check out the Answers people are always asking questions that create titles or contact WE he can help too! smile

32. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years ago

Here am I .. a late entrant.. I am not sure if I can do all the 30 but I am going to give this one a good try...

http://sofs.hubpages.com/hub/Teaching-t … g-toddlers
      http://sofs.hubpages.com/hub/Parenting- … could-find

Late or not, glad to have you join us! You can can do it! wink

1. sofs profile image76
          sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the welcome... smile Hope to finish the hubs and also read some.. I don't know how though roll

You just do your best ! That is what matters the most! smile

33. Sadie14 profile image94

Alright guys, I started the challenge by writing about it. I wanted to make a hub about how to get writing ideas through questions. http://sadie14.hubpages.com/hub/Using-Q … Ideas?done
      That is my hub. I plan on adding to it with suggestions from all of us in the challenge so if you have anything to add to it just let me know. Hopefully it will help us with the challenge and with future writing ideas.

34. profile image0

Sadie14, I liked your hub. I think exactly that this challenge and contest, paired with keyword research, can give some important clues.

Thank you for your help and ideas!

35. SMD2012 profile image92
      SMD2012posted 12 years ago

Can I still do the 30/30 challenge for March without doing the Know-It-All contest? I have a list of things that I want to write about and I am having a hard time finding questions in the forum that haven't already been answered in detail by others. Either way, I'm still aiming to do 30 in 30, but I just wanted to be sure I could still get in on the "rah-rah-sis-bah-boom!" energy here in the thread, even if I wasn't doing the Know-It-All Contest. Thanks everyone!

1. profile image0

The combination of challenge/contest is what this thread is about, but you will hardly be the only challenger not to do the contest.

As W.E. already stated, this thread was intended as a combo of the two, but we have many who have signed up to do any number of variations on this challenge through the thread. Feel free to personalize it however will best help you meet your goals!

Also, don't be afraid to answer questions that have already been answered. Before the contest, I focused only on unanswered questions, but there are many that have been answered that I have a different or new take on or simply provide details that were missing from previous answers. Also keep in mind that your unique writing style may help others understand the material better than another writer's unique style. wink

36. Lady Guinevere profile image66

I have several hubs in the March Answers Challenge hubs.  This is fun!

37. Turtlewoman profile image90
      Turtlewomanposted 12 years ago

I decided to write hub #1/30 about setting goals for this 30/30 challenge. It was posted and entered in the Know it All Contest as an answer to rob_allen's question: what is your goal on hubpages for the month of March?
      Killing 2 birds with one stone...yes!!! And off she goes!
      Good luck everyone and keep up the momentum! Happy Friday!!

http://turtlewoman.hubpages.com/hub/My- … ll-contest

What an awesome idea. I love it! ^_^

38. profile image0

Turtlewoman, that is an excellent quality hub! Very insightful.

39. Keri Summers profile image70

Is anyone/everyone doing 30/30 diaries to document the challenge?  I'd love to read these from people at the end, (or even along the way) to see how everyone has coped behind the scenes, and also for links to what they have written?!  I'd like to do it in one long diary, but will have probably have to break it up into parts.

I hadn't considered doing this, but I could see how it would be pretty awesome. Maybe you should post it as a question so we can all post about our experience as the final contest hub? I think that would be a lot of fun and then we would have all of our responses in one place. If you decide to do it, be sure to post the link to the question here so we can find it!

Great idea Evylyn, I'm posting the question now.

I couldn't fit it all into one question so have done two, one for 30/30 and one for the Know-it-all Contest:

http://hubpages.com/question/157186/hav … -did-it-go

and

http://hubpages.com/question/157188/hav … as-it-gone

Awesome! I'll be sure to work on hubs to answer them with. smile

I am and what you are doing is also a grand idea Keri!

40. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

Whoops, just realised I never posted the link to my #1 of 30, so here it is:

http://mistyhorizon2003.hubpages.com/hu … Save-Money

41. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Awesome! I am reading, linking and pinning! smile These are must reads in the am! smile

42. Evylyn Rose profile image61

Looks like the three of us were in the same distracted boat. I remembered to post to the FB group, but forgot to do so in my own thread. XD

#1/30
      In response to: "If I see an error on someone's hub, should I tell them? Or is that bad HubPages etiquette?" asked by Sherry Hewins.
      http://evylynrose.hubpages.com/hub/HubP … ut-Offense

43. Melovy profile image93
      Melovyposted 12 years ago

HERE IS MY SECONDhttp://lorddecross.hubpages.com/hub/Machu-Picchu-Our-Own-experience#

You guys are moving along! lololo

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)