10 Popular Things To Collect
How can we classify an object as collectible? Simple. If it's something of value to the collector, then it's worth collecting. Once the person sees something rare or valuable on an object, he can opt to collect it, and from there, its value rises. One important thing that a professional collector considers is the market value of his collection. In this way, he'll know if the item can be sold at a significantly high price in the near future. Another important quality of a collectible would be its rarity. This added much value to an item and increases its market value.
"One's trash can be another's treasure..." - Annonymous
10 Popular things to collect
- Stamps - this is the most common collection item that people loves to collect. It is popular among collectors whether novice or professionals because of the photos on it, like the leaders of different countries, famous historical landmarks, flags, etc. It is one of the easiest collectible items to find as well. My parents have a whole album with stamps from different countries.
- Coins - like the stamps, coins are famous among collectors. One possible reason is that coins evolve fast. Aside from that, the older the coin is, the more valuable it is because more minerals were used to make old coins. They can also come in different forms, sizes, or colors, so I really find this interesting and fun to collect.
- Birds - there are collectors who want birds as their collection. One good reason is that there are a lot of rare birds and beautiful birds that can be collected may it be alive or preserved. Collectors will have to be careful though as there are laws protecting endangered species in different countries.
- Reptiles - reptiles are quite famous as well because of its looks. They are belived to be decendants of dinosaurs, so it's interesting to have a collection of it. Most of the time, they are collected preserved rather than alive.
- Insects - there are collectors of insects and butterflies. Since there are so many varieties, it is nice to see different kinds of them, especially the rare ones.
- Books/Comic books - this is also one of the most interesting thing to collect. If you have a collection of books, it's like you have the world's best minds in your own personal library. Others also want to have comic books as their collection specially those popular issues that publishers releases.
- Action figures - these are popular nowadays, especially when a famous movie release a plastic or ceramic version of their characters. It would be nice to have your favorite movie character beside your bed, or in your glass cabinet ready to amaze your visitors.
- Post cards/pictures - it's good to have a collection of post cards or pictures coming from all over the globe. Having this collection makes you bring the whole world's beautiful places in your album.
- Wine - there are collectors who wants to have different kinds of wine in their cellar. It would also be great if those wine came from different parts of the world. Some just collects the bottle because of the different shapes and designs which attracts their audience.
- Phone card - there are collectors who find phone cards as a collectible item. This is because of the different designs on different phone cards which changes from time to time. Most phone companies don't repeat the same design all over again, so it would really be nice to get every design from the start or you won't get the chance to have it.
I would like to add stuff toys, but I only said 10 in the title, so I'll keep it for myself :)
- Creative LEGO Storage Ideas for a Growing Collection - Cool Containers, Buckets, Bins and Displays
Don't let your collection of LEGOs become a problem. There are several creative storage ideas for your sets.
- 2013 Collection: unforgettably unusual Father’s Day greetings and ads
A collection of humorous Father's Day greeting cards and ads