27 Fun Things To Do When You Are Bored
Time To Have Fun
These tips for fun things to do can be specifically for adults with or without small children or adolescents. You can do them all by yourself or do them together. You can do them anytime of year, especially summer, when the kids are bored and clamoring they do not have anything to do. Perhaps you live alone and are looking for an outlet for the day or something to do in the evening.
Take a look at some of the boredom busters below. You might find one you like. The idea is to find something and have fun with it. I know I often get bored and on the look-out for new things to do. I keep lists of things I want to try, or things I have done and want to do again.
I have six nephews and a niece. I spend a great amount of time with them. They range in age from 3- 20 years old. So they each have a specific idea of what they find fun. I have combined a list of fun things to do with my family and some of the things I do alone.
A Little Humor Goes a Long Way
These tips are meant to be taken in jest, have fun trying something new. Maybe have a little laugh. Enjoy yourself.
27 Fun Things To Do
1. Write an article or two for HubPages. You can't go wrong here. It's fun and you can make a little money while doing it. All you need is the desire to write.
2. Make paper airplanes with your friends and family. See who can fly their paper plane the farthest and the fastest. They are quite easy to make and all you need are a few sheets of paper. You will be surprised how much the kids love this activity. Kids make the best paper airplanes too!
3. Have a picnic at your favorite park. Pack a delicious lunch with your favorite beverage, bring a Frisbee, some mitts and a ball, and have a day of fun and some good old fashion relaxation. Playing catch and running after a Frisbee burns off the calories you ate for lunch.
4. Rent a stack of DVD's, or stream to your hearts content. Make some hot-buttered popcorn, grab your favorite refreshment, and cuddle up on the couch or in your prized recliner and watch movies all day or night. Binge watching your favorite TV show can be addicting.
5.Go shopping. Shop away the hours browsing for books, CD's, games, clothes, electronics, shoes, or whatever else suits your fancy. You don't have to buy anything. Just window shopping is a day spent doing something fun. Stop and have coffee at your favorite coffee shop. Or get soft drinks, sit on a bench and people watch.
6. Go for a long leisurely bicycle ride. Take in all of your surroundings. Listen to the birds chirp, the noise, the traffic around you, the people talking, children playing, absorb everything around you. Pay little attention to how how far you are going. Just listen and enjoy the ride. And experience being outdoors in the fresh air.
7. Go camping. Pick a campsite you've never been to before. No RV's. Just a tent and all the supplies you need for roughing it with friends and family. Be adventurous. Sit around a roaring campfire and tell ghost stories. Sing campfire songs. Roast marshmallows and make yummy smore's. Make some memories that will last forever.
8. Dance. Dance. Dance. Dance around the house. Or hit the best clubs and dance the night away. It doesn't really matter where you shake it up. Just get up or get out and dance. Have fun shaking your booty. Dancing is a really great aerobic exercise to boot. And good for your heart and good for your mind. It will put a smile on your face. Let down your inhibitions and dance.
9. Listen to some awesome music. If your dancing, it is a good idea to have some music playing. Upbeat tunes are the best for having fun. Listening to music brings out a variety of emotions as well. Listen to your favorite CD's, your MP3 player, your Ipod, however you get your music, let the music sooth you.Let the music take you away.
10. Go to the beach. Pack up your beach bag and lay in the sand. Go swimming, while you get a tan. Don't forget to bring your sunscreen, you don't want to get sunburn. That is definitely not fun. Get your boogie board and play in the waves. Your never to old to play in the water. Let the waves splash over you. Walk along the beach, letting the water squish between your toes.
11. Go for an ice cream cone. Forget the vanilla and chocolate, pick something you never had before, get crazy and go for the superman, or the wild berry, the butter brickle or the blue moon. Be adventurous.
12. Take the dog for an extra long walk. You can get a little exercise in for yourself as well. And the dog will love you for it. You'll burn calories, have fun with your dog, and feel accomplished all while walking the dog.
13. Make a scrapbook. This can be fun, bringing back old memories while making new ones. You can also do art journaling for a journaling twist. Make your journal into an art book you can enjoy looking back on. Make it a scrapbook with words. A bit more private than a traditional scrapbook. Let your creativity flow. Have fun with pictures as well as words.
More Fun For You
14. Play online computer games. I don't do this often, but when I feel like I have been spending to much time at the computer or am stressed a bit I play a quick game of Zuma, or solitaire. It distracts me for a bit and helps me relieve tension. Pick a website that has games and or download a free game from various website and go wild.
15. Text message or Snapchat your friends. Snapchat offers a bit of fun if you use the filters. Exchanging funny pics is always fun. And the good thing is they disappear.
16. Draw on the sidewalk with chalk. Play an old fashion game of tic-tac-toe, or hop-scotch. For me it relieves a lot of my stress, just drawing and creating with the chalk. Takes you back to feeling like a little kid again. The below link is chalk art. You may not want to get that extravagant. But it is a nice website.
17. If you have a karaoke machine in your house, singing is always fun. Don't worry if you can't sing, the fun is just doing it anyway. Belting out a tune makes you feel like a star.
18. Go outside at night and checkout the stars. Try guessing the constellations. Stargazing and observing the stars can be quite comforting. It's a fun activity while learning about the stars.
19. Go to the art museum. Check out the latest art sculptures, and exhibits at your local art museum. There are many things to learn about the past and even the future at art museums.
20. Visit your local library. Check out some interesting books. Books you normally wouldn't read. Check out the history of your hometown. You might be surprised of some interesting skeletons just waiting to be found out.
21. Visit an amusement park. Can't beat that sort of fun. Jump on the roller coaster and hang on tight.
22. Have a special guys or girls night out. Go out club hopping, or make it a night in playing cards or board games.
23. Take a nature walk. Get out of the house, explore, take pictures of everything. Bring a backpack to collect things you might want to bring back. Or if you have kids, they may want to collect things. Bring a notebook to jot down your thoughts as you travel along. Follow the link for a printable list of things you can do on a nature walk.
24. Go see a sporting event. Baseball, football, soccer or hockey. Get your cheerleader on.
25. Go to a concert. See if your favorite band or singer is in town.
26. Go to the movies. Any movie will do. As long as you get out of the house. But if you pick something sad and depressing it might not be as much fun. So make your aim a comedy or an action adventure film. Even a thriller or a horror movie will spice up the fun.
27. Google your name and see what you come up with. If you dig up negative information disregard Number # 27.