27 Fun Things To Do When You Are Bored
Time To Have Fun
These tips for fun things to do can be specifically for adults with or without small children or adolescents. You can do them all by yourself or do them together. You can do them anytime of year, especially summer, when the kids are bored and clamoring they do not have anything to do. Perhaps you live alone and are looking for an outlet for the day or something to do in the evening.
Take a look at some of the boredom busters below. You might find one you like. The idea is to find something and have fun with it. I know I often get bored and on the look-out for new things to do. I keep lists of things I want to try, or things I have done and want to do again.
I have six nephews and a niece. I spend a great amount of time with them. They range in age from 3- 20 years old. So they each have a specific idea of what they find fun. I have combined a list of things I do to have fun with my family and some of the things I do alone to just amuse myself as well.
A Little Humor Goes a Long Way
These tips are meant to be taken in jest, have fun trying something new. Maybe have a little laugh. Enjoy yourself.
27 Fun Things To Do
1. Write for HubPages. You cannot go wrong here. It's fun and you can make money while doing it. All you need is a determination to write.
2. Make paper airplanes with your friends and family. See who can fly theirs the farthest and the fastest. They are easy to make and all you need is a few sheets of paper. You will be surprised how much the kids love this activity. Kids make the best paper airplanes!
3. Have a picnic at your favorite park. Pack a lunch with your favorite drinks, bring a Frisbee, some mitts and a ball, and have a day of fun and some relaxation. Playing catch and running after a Frisbee burns off the calories you ate for lunch.
4. Rent a stack of DVD's, or stream to your hearts content. Make some popcorn, grab your favorite refreshment, cuddle up on the couch or in your prized recliner and watch movies all day. Binge watch your favorite TV show.
5.Go shopping. Shop away the hours browsing for books, Cd's, games, clothes, electronics, shoes, or whatever else suits your fancy. You don't have to buy anything. Just window shopping is a day spent doing something fun. Stop and have coffee at your favorite coffee shop. Or get soft drinks, sit on a bench and people watch.
6. Go for a long leisurely bike ride. Take in your surroundings. Listen to the birds, the noise, the traffic, the people talking, children playing, absorb everything that is around you. Pay little attention to how how far you are going. Just enjoy the ride. And experience being outside.
7. Go camping. Pick a campsite you've never been to before. No RV's. Just a tent and all the supplies you need for roughing it with friends and family. Be adventurous. Sit around a campfire and tell ghost stories. Sing campfire songs. Roast marshmallows and make smores. Make some memories.
8. Dance. Dance. Dance. Dance around the house. Or go out and dance. It doesn't really matter where you shake it up. Just get up or get out and dance. Have fun shaking your booty. And besides it's good aerobic exercise. Good for your heart and good for your mind. It will put a smile on your face.
9. Listen to music. While your dancing it is a good idea to have some music playing. So some upbeat tunes are the best for having fun. Listening to music brings out a variety of emotions. Listen to your favorite CD's, your MP3 player, your Ipod, let the music move you. Let down your inhibitions and dance.
10. Go to the beach. Pack up your beach bag and lay in the sand. Go swimming, while you get a tan. Don't forget to bring your sunscreen, you don't want to get sunburn. That is definitely not fun. Get your boogie board and play in the waves. Your never to old to play in the water. Let the waves splash over you. Walk along the beach, letting the water squish between your toes.
11. Go for an ice cream cone. Forget the vanilla and chocolate, pick something you never had before, get crazy and go for the superman, or the wild berry, the butter brickle or the blue moon.
12. Take the dog for an extra long walk. You can get a little exercise in for yourself as well. And the dog will love you for it.
13. Make a scrapbook. This can be fun, bringing back old memories while making new ones. You can also do art journaling. Make your journal an art book. Make it a scrapbook with words. A bit more private than a traditional scrapbook. Let your creativity flow.
More Fun For You
14. Play online computer games. I don't do this often, but when I feel like I have been spending to much time at the computer or am stressed a bit I play a quick game of Zuma. It distracts me for a bit and helps me relieve tension. Pick a website that as games and go wild. A game will relieve stress.
15. Text message your friends. Although if you don't have a text messaging plan, this could get very expensive. So be sure your covered before you start catching up. Or just use your wi-fi connection.
16. Draw on the sidewalk with chalk. Play tic tac toe, or hop-scotch. For me it relieves a lot of my stress, just drawing and creating with the chalk. Can take you back to feeling like a kid again. The below link is chalk art. You may not want to get that extravagant. But it is a nice website.
17. If you have a karaoke machine in your house, sing. Don't worry if you can't sing, the fun is just doing it anyway. Belting out a tune makes you feel like a star.
18. Go outside at night and look at the stars. Try guessing the constellations. Stargazing can make you feel like a kid again.
19. Go to the art museum. Check out the latest art sculptures, and exhibits at your local art museum. There are many things to learn about the past at the art museums.
20. Visit the library. Check out some interesting books. Books you normally don't read. Check out the history of your hometown. You might be surprised of some interesting skeletons.
21. Visit an amusement park. Can't beat that sort of fun. Jump on the roller coaster and hang on tight.
22. Have a special guys or girls night out. Go club hopping, or make it a night in playing cards or board games.
23. Take a nature walk. Get out of the house, explore, take pictures of everything. Bring a backpack to collect things you might want to bring back. Or if you have kids, they may want to collect things. Bring a notebook to jot down your thoughts as you travel along. Follow the link for a printable list of things you can do on a nature walk.
24. Go see a sporting event. Baseball, football, soccer or hockey. Get your cheerleader on.
25. Go to a concert. See if your favorite band or singer is in town.
26. Go to the movies. Any movie will do. As long as you get out of the house. But if you pick something sad and depressing it might not be as much fun. So make your aim a comedy.
27. Google your name and see what you come up with. If you dig up negative information disregard Number # 27.