3D Puzzles Challenges All Hobbyists
Jigsaw Puzzle Versus 3D Puzzle
Jigsaw puzzles are fun, interesting, relaxing, and adventuresome as we assemble the pieces to create a whole picture. Some people will look at the picture on the box cover, assemble the edge pieces, then pursue filling in the remaining picture.
Other people like to match the pieces and create groups or sections and assemble edges and interior as they advance through the puzzle pieces.
The 3D puzzle allows the pieces to be built upward and outward creating a finished dimensional product rather than a flat creation.
This concept was invented by Canadian, Paul Gallant in 1931. It was an overnight worldwide success and it continues to be popular with people who enjoy assembling puzzles which require more challenges than the standard jigsaw puzzle.
Christopher Columbus 3D Ship Replica
The 3D puzzle has three different variations, but today I am writing about the upright standing model. The pieces are interlocking or may require being glued in place during the assembling process. These puzzles have depth, height, width, and duplicate in miniature a physical article.
An individual may be assembling a famous building, a variety of houses, city skyscrapers, towers, palaces, statues, ancient ruins, religious temples and churches, bridges, educational toys, animals, flowers, circus and carnival rides, ships, planes, trains, and other real items.
These puzzles may be do-it-yourself creations or purchased singly, or as kits. These replicas may be made with cardboard, poster board, wood, plastics, and metal.
The puzzle pieces differ from the traditional flat puzzle as they are thicker, stronger, and have sharper shaped pieces.
3D Cathedral Model
- Buildings – Empire State Building, New York City
- The film industry sets and characters like Darth Vader and Marilyn Monroe
- Objects resembling The World Globe, Beg Ben clock
- Vehicles such as the Mini Cooper car, and aircraft carriers
- Statues – U. S. presidents, a selfie
- Historical sites – Mt. Rushmore, The Whitehouse
- There are thousands of other selections; too numerous for this article.
Benefits of Puzzle Solving
Jigsaw puzzles as well as 3D puzzles offer a leisure time activity, relaxation and improving dispositions, logic, problem solving, increase concentration and brain activity, visual memory, improves memory, sparks brain chemistry, gaining knowledge and learning, develops patience for details, and moving slower, dexterity assembling skills, develop spatial awareness, heighten creativity and imagination, and functioning pleasantly with self or others.
Architect or Engineer
Are you interested in becoming an architect or an engineer?
As a child or an adult you may discover that you have talents to become an architect and may consider it as a career. Architects have an idea or a concept of a building. The architect or a team will develop the concept and work together to build a dimensional model of that building. The model will show the function and beauty of the original concept. The visual miniature model of the structure is presented with landscaping or other surrounding environmental conditions to help the client see the overall realistic picture.
Depending on your job description and college degree, annual salaries range from $47,480 to $84,000 (2017). This salary information is available from the Occupational Manual of http:www.USA.gov.
3D House Model on Floor Plan
Make a 3D model building
Test your aptitude for being an architect by designing and constructing a house model. First and foremost design the floor plans. The reason for building a model is to help you see a realistic copy of your house design, visualize the interior and exterior of the house, and then take a virtual tour through the building before real construction begins.
Make the first model house with cardboard to test your interest, aptitude, and skill level for scaled model building. The tools will include an architect’s scale, utility knife, and paste.
- Use a floor plan as your guide for wall placements.
- Measure and cut the wall pieces accurately.
- Paste the walls directly to the floor plan.
- You will need to scale down measurements in order to have a miniature replica.
- Place exterior walls into position.
- Top the exterior walls with a roof.
How it's Made - 3D Puzzles
Benefits of Assembling Puzzles
- Fun entertainment for individual, family, or group activity
- A leisure activity for relaxation and meditation
- Many varieties of puzzles are available from simple to complex
- Puzzles are available for all ages
- Hand and eye coordination, dexterity – larger shapes and fewer pieces for children, smaller shapes and more pieces for adults
- A variety of artwork to hold interest and determination to finish puzzle
- Increase brain activity, creation, and imagination
- Develop problem solving and spatial skills
- Career enhancement
- Tools for educators, teachers, medical professionals, architects, and engineers