- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Activision Blizzard | ATVI | The Best Activision Games
Activision Blizzard | ATVI | The Best Activision Games
Activision Blizzard, Inc is the leading publisher of interactive entertainment software and the company has gained a massive presence in online, personal computer (PC), and console video games. The success of ATVI is primarily due to the fact that it develops rich, compelling, and addictive games.
Activision was founded by the music industry executive Jim Levy and a group of Atari programmers, but later was purchased by an investment group lead by Bobby Kotick. Kotick brought the company out of bankruptcy and forced it to restructure and focus on developing video games. On July 9, 2008 Activision was merged with fellow video game developer Vivendi Games to create Activision Blizzard (ATVI). Throughout the years Activision Blizzard has developed a diverse portfolio of best-selling video games. However, most of the credit for the companies creativity is owed to Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard is the developer of many of the best ATVI games. The following is a review of the top 3 Activision Blizzard games.
StarCraftII for PC
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty for PC
StarCraft II Trailer
ATVI | StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty is the sequel to the award-winning 1998 blockbuster StarCraft. It is the fastest selling strategy game of all time with over 1 million copies sold in the first 24 hours. The game is set in the 26th century and centers around 3 races fighting to control the galaxy. The races include the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss. Blizzard has planned to release the game in 3 installments with each release focusing on a different race:
- Wings of Liberty - Terrans
- Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
- Legacy of the Void - Protoss
Starcraft II is a real-time strategy (RTS) game. While it includes the same races as the original, new units and new weapons are plentiful. The game includes a lengthy and rich single player campaign focused on Jim Raynor, an alcohol loving space cowboy. Campaign mode allows the player to take control of Raynor and to direct the Terran forces through 29 missions. The game is a mix of classic real-time strategy play with polished and impressive graphics and sound. StarCraft II also harbors an intense mutliplayer capabity through Battle.net where players can wage war on their friends or team up against others in co-operatively play. The Battle.net interface even allows players to instant message or voice chat with friends playing different Blizzard games.
COD: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops for Xbox
COD: Black Ops Trailer
COD: Black Ops Gameplay
ATVI | Call of Duty | Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops is the is the seventh installment of the massively popular Call of Duty series. Less than two months after its initial release, CoD:BO has generated over $1 billion in sales. In fact, the average CoD player spends more hours online per day than the average person on Facebook. The game is a first-person shooter and has three basic modes:
- Campaign - In campaign mode the player controls a number of different characters used to accomplished a variety of different objectives throughout each mission. The campaign mode also includes several cinematic moments that create a captivating experience.
- Multiplayer - The multiplayer mode of CoD:BO contains multiple different game play styles. Players can engage in an all out battle to kill the most enemies possible as in Team Deathmatch, or can try to accomplish a specific task as in Capture the Flag. New in Black Ops is a currency system that allows players to purchase new weapons, accessories, and upgrades for their character. Players can even gamble their money in the Wage Match mode.
- Zombies - Also new in Black Ops is a cooperative mode where players can join forces to fight off hordes of zombies collecting points to upgrade weapons with each kill.
World of Warcraft Cataclysm
WOW Cataclysm for PC
Activision | WoW Cataclysm
WoW PVP Gameplay
ATVI | World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is the latest expansion pack for the massively multiplayer online role-playing (MMORPG) World of Warcraft. In cataclysm the maximum level cap that players can attain was raised to 85. Also two new playable races were introduces in Cataclysm: the Goblins and the Worgen. World of Warcraft is an immersive game with three primary modes of gameplay:
- Quests - WoW contains thousands of quests that players can tackle either alone or with a group of friends. The completion of a quest grants the player a certain reward such as a new item, experience, or gold. Typically players use the quest lines to gain experience and reach the level cap of 85.
- Raids - After reaching level 85 the game becomes even more compelling. Rather than questing players at the level cap group together to tackle end game dungeons and raids. Groups can vary is size from 5 to 40 members. Most raid content is difficult and requires a certain mix of classes and skills. Once a raid boss is killed it drops epic items that are used to increase the abilities of a players character.
- Player vs. Player (PVP) - For those players that don't enjoy killing in game raid bosses and learning raid encounters, WoW offers a player versus player aspect. Players can sign up for Battlegrounds individually or with a group of friends in which they face other players of the opposite faction. Usually the Battleground has some objective, such as to hold a specific base or to capture the enemies flag. After a Battleground points are awarded to the player that can be used to purchase new gear. Also, teams can face off against each other in the Arena system. The Arena is a gladiator style battle where the last team standing wins and recieves points that they can use to purchase equipment upgrades.
Activision Blizzard Conclusion
The list of games that ATVI has developed is much longer than the 3 presented here. Activsion games have dominated in the gaming universe as their products have a rich storyline and compelling game play that can keep a players attention for hours upon hours. Also, Activision and Blizzard have led the evolution of video game from something that people play for hours by themselves to a connected social experience. As technology and video game evolve expect games to increase in popularity, perhaps someday even obtaining more logged ours that social media sites such as Facebook.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @Enni82
If you enjoy writing and would like to earn some additional income, you can write for HubPages too! Get started now!