Battlefield 3 (BF3) - are you a noob?
Battlefield 3(BF3) is a fantastic shooter game. It is even more fun when you play online. The game isn't as fun when you are a noob though. I have to admit, it wasn't long ago that I was a pretty hardcore noob at Battlefield 3. I've definitely come along with my skills but I still have some noob-like tendencies in the game. As I've continued to level-up I've improved a great deal. Anyhow, here are some signs that you are a noob. Beginners take note. Perhaps this will at least let you be aware of your noobness, and may even help you along. Even though a lot of us have been there, noobs are not very well received online.
Signs of being a BF3 noob
- Failing to actually participate in team objectives - like conquest
- Equipping a shotgun and shooting it wildly
- Excessive camping and attempts at sniping
- Using the RPG as a primary weapon for cheap kills
- Hopping in any available vehicle even when not advantageous
- Attempting roadkills rather than killing with a vehicle weapon
- Fire weapons at nothing as soon as you get in a vehicle
- Waste your ammo by firing at nothing or firing way more than necessary
- Refuse to change to a kit that could help your team
- Join a squad but don't spawn on them, or interact at all
- Run into fire rather than taking cover or acting strategically
- Get knifed multiple times in a match
- Just switched from Call of Duty to Battlefield...sorry couldn't resist!
The first thing you can do is realize what works and what does not. Often noobs will stick with the same tactics over and over. It requires a little thought and effort to get better. Pay attention to why you are failing and getting killed repeatedly. Are you being killed over and over the same ways? Learn the maps, play with multiple kits, and become proficient with weapons and vehicles. Being a noob is an annoyance and can frustrate the experience of multiple people in matches. There's a difference between being not very good, and being a noob. Progressing and leveling up will help. Get better at it and have fun.