Best Atari Games of All Time
Legendary Video Games
Great Atari Classics
There are hundreds of Atari titles but this list is composed of the best and most famous Atari video games ever produced. Enjoy.
1. Pitfall (1982): Harry must jump alligators, scorpions and swing vines to escape the jungle in this Atari 2600 classic.It also had a sequel that was made. This game has a 15 minute time limit and if you can not do it then you have to start over. These games were hard because Atari did not have a pause button on the original system. This popular game eventually released a sequel.
2. Frogger (1982): As Frogger, the frog must jump across the street and dodge cars. When you get to the other side you have to cross the river in this Atari original. It has alligators, snakes and wooden logs. Be careful not to get ran over by automobiles and don't miss the logs or you will drown. I hated the sound effects but the game sure was addicting.
3. Donkey Kong (1982): In this game you must dodge Kong's barrels as you advance to him while also climbing. This game was huge at the arcade and at home. This game has had 4 sequels made for several video game consoles. Player one is actually Mario and you must jump over barrels and climb ladders and swing on vines as you try to save your woman from the gorilla.
4. Pole Position (1983): This is Atari's first racing game, first at the arcade and then on the Atari 2600. It is a one or two player game that races against others around a track. This game has had a sequel but it was not as good as the original was. The music is a little bit lame but, the sound effect are just right especially for the early 80s.
5. Pacman (1982): You eat the pellets but, beware of the ghosts until you eat a power pellet and then it's the ghosts turn to run. This game has spawned spin-offs such as Mrs. Pacman and Pacman Junior. This game first came out at the arcade and then Atari. It is easy to play but rather addictive and one of the most popular video games ever made.
6. Asteroids (1981): You must dodge and blast the incoming asteroids without getting hit. The game takes place in outer space. You side scroll and shoot incoming asteroids that come at you at varying speeds.
7. Combat(1977): In this game you must shoot all the planes, bombs and other enemies out of the sky without getting hit yourself. It features side to side movement and bullets that come out as fast as you can push the red button.
8. Demon Attack (1982): You must shoot a laser cannon at flying demons as they pursue you. As you progress the demons attack in new ways and the game gets harder. Eventually the demons walk through the walls.
9. Double Dragon (1989): This game is one or two player and you must punch, kick and use weapons to win the game. Double Dragon has spawned many sequels. In this game you must fight street thugs in order to save the woman you love and it features weapons such as knives, bats and whips.
10. Q Bert(1984): You must jump on blocks and change colors while dodging enemies of all sorts. He has four enemies that leap after you from all angles with multiple color schemes.
* Feel free to share your favorite Atari video game with me by leaving comments box located at the bottom of this blog.
The History of Atari
Have You Had One?
Have You ever Owned an Atari?
Video Game Hubs
- Best Martial Arts Video Games of All Time
This article describes the relationship between video games and mixed martial arts. Pictures, videos, polls and commentary are listed in this blog on fighting on video games.
- Best Handheld Video Games of all Time
This article documents games for multiple hand held consoles including the Gameboy, Game Gear and the PSP. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also featured in this hub along with other information and facts
- Best Playstation 3 Games of All Time
This article is about the top Playstation 3 video games ever made. FightNight Champion, Madden Football, Grand Theft Auto 4,
- Best Nintendo Gamecube Games of All Time
This article is about the Nintendo Gamecube and it's best video games. star Fox, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi and Mario Party 4 are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are documented her
- Best Playstation Games of All Time
This article is about the Play Station One and it's top games. The Grand Theft Auto Series, Madden Football Series, Medal of Honor and Knockout Kings are documented in this classic video game's hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz, and
- Best RPG Video Games of All Time
This Article documents the top role playing video games ever made. The Legend of Zelda, Dungeons and Dragons and Wizards and Warriors are featured in this video game hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed here as well.
- Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari Jaguar 64 bit video game system and it's games. Atari Karts, Club Drive, Hover Strike and Iron Soldier are all documented here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are featured in this nostalg
Top Atari Systems
The original Atari ruled video games until Nintendo arrived and took over. Some of the most famous gaming titles ever produced started out on the Atari. They started a video game revolution. Although the graphics were not very impressive the actual games themselves were highly entertaining. The only drawback is that you could not pause video games which made it very hard to conquer games because of bathroom breaks and such.
© 2012 Buster Johnson