Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
Jaguar in Action
Great Jaguar 64 Bit Games
The Jaguar has many fun video games but the ten that are listed below stand out for one reason or another. I hope you enjoy my selection of Atari Jaguar greats.
1. Double Dragon 5 (1995): This game has two fighters who must fight through levels with punches, kicks and special finishing moves called over kills. In this version of the game you can play tournament mode or quest mode instead of the traditional quest mode only. As usual in quest mode you can play two players at the same time and the moves are more improved in this game with more kicks.
2. Doom (1994): In this first person 3D fighting game you must shoot your way to victory by killing demons from Hell. This game is multiplayer ready. Your a Space Marine who battles Demons on a moon in mars. It is played from a first person perspective and it was first made popular on Personal Computer.
3. Atari Karts (1995): This game is a lot like Mario Kart. In this wacky racing game you gain power ups as you progress in this one or two player game. If you attack the other driver with a power up he drives backwards for a short period.
4. Raiden (1990): Raiden is a scrolling shooter game in which you use three weapons to destroy aliens that possess bombs and missiles. It is a single player game and it consists of eight stages of intense game play. The sound effects and musical score are outstanding in this shooter video game.
5. Super Burnout (1995): A 3D Super Motor cross game. 8 levels of tracks to compete on. You can get different cycles as you progress. You jump ramps and hills around every turn but, beware of other racers because a wreck is a split second away at all times.
6. NBA Jam (1994): This popular basketball game features the craziest slam dunks ever seen and the sound effects are outstanding. When you get blocked or dunked on you feel the shame in this game. Features tournament and career modes.
7. Hover Strike (1995): For this you must use missiles, rockets, bombs and lasers to fight past 30 3D levels. You must watch out for enemy hovercraft the entire game because they are constantly on your tail.
8. Club Drive (1994): Club Drive uses 3D and Polygon graphics to enhance the play of this single player racing game. Eight tracks to race on. The sound and graphics are awesome but it should have been a two player game.
9. Alien vs. Predator (1994): This game features great graphics and sound. The player can play as the Predator or as the Alien with different plots for each. Also, cut scenes are between each stage of the game.
10. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1994): The game follows the film exactly. You play as Kung Fu master Bruce Lee and you must fight past enemies using all your skills and any weapons you find along the way. Your character can kick, puch and do spin kicks as well.
* If you have ever owned an Atari Jaguar please let me know what your favorite video game they produced was by leaving comments in the box located at the bottom of this page.
Alien vs. Predator
Atari Jaguar Console
Atari Jaguar Review
Have You ever had one?
Have you ever owned an Atari Jaguar?
Video Game Console Ranking
Video Game Links
- Best Amiga Video Games of All Time
This s a video game hub about the Amiga computer system. Final Fight, Primal Rage, Castlevania and Theme Park are featured in this article as well as pictures, videos, polls and commentary.
- Best Magnavox Odyssey Video Games of All Time
This article features the Magnavox Odessey, which is a classic video game console. Cat and Mouse, Table Tennis and Shootout are listed in this hub along with polls, pictures, video clips and commentary.
- Best Nintendo Games of All Time
This article is about the top Nintendo video games ever. Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, Contra and Mike Tyson's Punch Out are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed here.
- Best Playstation 2 Games of All Time
This article documents the Playstation 2 and it's top games. Grand Theft Auto, resident Evil, Madden Football,, Syphon Filter and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos and commentary are
- Best Commodore 64 Video Games of All Time
This article describes the Commodore 64 Video Game system and it's top games. Navy Seals, Double Dare, Ninja Gaiden and Back to the Future 2 are listed here along with you tube clips, maps, pictures, polls and commentary are also featured in this hub
- Best Nintendo Gamecube Games of All Time
This article is about the Nintendo Gamecube and it's best video games. star Fox, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi and Mario Party 4 are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are documented her
- Best Atari Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari 2600 and 7800 and the games for the consoles. Frogger, pole Position, Pitfall and Donkey Kong are all documented in this look at the classic video game system that started it all. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls
A Look At 50 Jaguar Games
1. Atari 2600- The original brought us Frogger, Asteroids, Pac Man and Pit Fall.
2. Atari 5200- A fancier version of the 2600 with slightly improved graphics.
3. Atari 7800- A rebuilt 2600 with a new selection of games. It did not last long but it had a pause button unlike the 2600.
4. Atari Jaguar- Atari's 64 bit monster was their last console. It had many great fighting games.
5. Atari Lynx- Atari's handheld video game system. It had many of the classics from the Atari such as Pacman and Asteroids.
Also, Many game systems including Playstation and Xbox have ported many of Atari's original games to their systems with one game holding 6-10 Atari games on it.
© 2012 Buster Johnson