Best Board Games of All Time
Fun Board Games
Which is the best?
Which is Your Favorite board game?
1. Monopoly: Game pieces vary per version of the Monopoly game. You roll the dice and each square could be a piece of property to buy, mystery card spaces, railroads for sale, go to jail, the jail, go and utilities. The mystery cards can be good or bad. It could be anything from getting money, to going to jail, going back two spaces or even get out of jail free card. This is truly a classic game.
2. Pictionary: This board game is usually played guys against girls. A board is needed and paper to draw on. A card is drawn by the opposing team and they have to draw what is listed on the card and they are unable to say such words that might give it away. If you do say a word that is on the card and you must draw a card again. Drawing time is kept with a 3 minute timer. I used to play Pictionary with my brother and his wife and my sister. It is a perfect four plus player game.
3. Checkers: In checkers the object for you is to make to the other side of the player's board to be crowned king. Once you are crowned king you may move in all four directions. The puzzle pieces are either black or red. Checkers is a game of the mind where you have to plan your moves ahead of time.
4. Sorry: Your game piece is either a red or black pawn. The object of this game is to try to make it around the game board the fastest but, also you are responsible for getting all four of your pawns to one side. The game title suggests that if you are able to do something bad to your fellow players during this game and simply say "Sorry!", and everything will magically be forgiven.
5. Life: Your game piece is a plastic car that you and your spouse and/or children will share. You spend the wheel in the middle of the board to determine how many spaces to move. You then do as instructed on each square of the game piece. These are simulated real life scenarios and it's just good clean fun. The player that reaches the mansion first in the Life game you win.
6. Chutes & Ladders: You at least need two players for this game. You roll the dice to determine which square you will land on. If you land at the base of the ladder, you get to climb it. If you land at the top of the chute. Then you take a slide. In this game the slide puts you going backwards. Obviously, you would like to avoid the chute. The first to the top wins.
7. Candyland: This is a great game to play with children because of the reading and adding. This particular game has lots of bright colors that will probably attract more of the attention of the girls but, I remember playing this game at my Grandmother's house and my cousins who are male played this game right along side of me. You pick a card from the top of the stack. The cards are color only and the color of the card determines what color square you will move to. The winner is determined by whoever lands on the last color square of the game.
8. Battleship: Only a two player game that supplies you with different ships that you place on your board that only you can see. Your opponent does the same. You then start guessing on each others' board where the ships are. As you guess where the ship is or is not. When you lose you have to say, "You sank my battleship".
9. Connect Four: Black and red plastic game pieces that look like the checker pieces are dropped into the designated area. Which ever player connects four of the same color, they win the game. It's a very popular game among kids and adults and it's fun to play with several players.
10. Operation: This was a really cool game, back in the day. A man was pictured on the game and various body parts are "open ", to where they can be removed from the game without touching the metal sides of where the piece is stored. If you touch the metal area of the game with the wand to remove the body part, the game buzzes you.
The holidays are coming up and family members may be seeing each other for once that whole entire year. I would like to put out a challenge to everyone to encourage them to play a game at your party instead of everyone being on their favorite electronic devices and not speaking to each other.
The Original Monoply
The World of Games
- Top Toys of The 1930s
This toy article describes the best toys and games from he 1930's. The View Master, Rocking Horse, Sock Monkey, Beach Ball and Red Ryder B.B. Gun are featured in this hub along with pictures.
- Best Nintendo Wii Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Nintendo Wii and it's games. Trauma Team, Klonoa, Little King's Story and Dead Space Extraction are documented in this classic video games hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are also featured in thi
- Best Wild West Video Games of All Time
Some of the best western video games ever are featured on this hub including: Call of Juarez, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Man's Hand and Gun Smoke. Pictures, video and commentary are in this blog.
- Super Nintendo's Best Games of All Time
This article is about the top Super Nintendo video games ever made. Super Contra, Super Mario World, Mega Man x and Jurassic Park are featured in this classic video games hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are also men
- Top Toys of The 1970's
This is a list of the best toys from the 1970's. Included in this list are the skateboard, nerf ball, Simon and Stretch Armstrong. Videos, pictures and commentary are featured in this hub.
- Top Video Game Characters of All Time
This article Describes the best video game characters of all time including Sonic, Mario, Luigi, Link and Jak. Pictures, Videos, polls and Commentary are listed here along with illustrations of each.
Best Board Games Turned Video Games
1. Monopoly- It's basically the original Monopoly game played with a controller on a television screen.
2. Life- It's an exact replica of the classic board game except that you can create your own character.
3. Checkers- Phones, gaming consoles and computers all have checkers games.
4. Chess- Chess is a board game but it has been ported to PC.
© 2012 Buster Johnson